🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

From catholic to atheist

I've learned in the school of hard knocks that no matter how much I pray, God is not going to bend the laws of the universe to make things go my way.

So I've become a little bit cynical over the years.

Perhaps if my life had gone better, I would think all those prayers worked and I would be grateful to God and closer to him.

I talked to a priest and he said I was looking at it all backwards.

He said I should not be asking what God can do for me, but what I can do for God.

Priests have a way of coming up with stuff like that. Made me feel like a dope.

See number 21 The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Why there is no god

Or number 8 It is a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not justified because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

Do you have a point? I am truly not trying to be rude here.

Yes while I agree with you that there PROBABLY is no god, certainly not the one the bible or koran talks about, we can't say for certain their isn't a god so I'm just trying to point out to my fellow atheist friends that the most rational position is agnostic atheism.

My atheist buddy kept getting mad at me when I would tell him this until I showed him someone he respected saying it then he got it.

I'm not trying to leave room for a god. I'm just saying you don't know there isn't a god just like they don't know there is one.

Not that you need to provide proof that something doesn't exist but if you are going to claim you know 100% then I guess you should provide the evidence. You can't have it both ways. You want to say you know for certain without proof? What makes you different than them?

There's no evidence. Never was. No evidence. This is usually used in an attempt to shift the burden of proof. I don't gotta.

Forum List

Back