From the Perspective of the Resolute Desk

[

Then by all means, stop posting in this thread. But you should recall how Bill Clinton went on a very similar quest for WMD that Bush did, which led to the Iraq War. Oh, more blood will be spilled. Some of out men will likely die before the onslaught if ISIS reaches Baghdad, these advisers may suffer a similar fate.

Clinton did not invade Iraq.

And frankly, I'm going to be blunt. Slick Willy really did use Iraq as a distraction from his sex scandals. The GOP had this one right.

No, but he sent inspectors. He issued ultimatums to Saddam Hussein. On the other hand, he did attack Bosnia, he was responsible for that incident in Mogadishu. No he didn't invade Iraq, but he did his share of warmongering. He was, just like Obama, afraid to invade Iraq.

[

Then by all means, stop posting in this thread. But you should recall how Bill Clinton went on a very similar quest for WMD that Bush did, which led to the Iraq War. Oh, more blood will be spilled. Some of out men will likely die before the onslaught if ISIS reaches Baghdad, these advisers may suffer a similar fate.

And frankly, I'm going to be blunt. Slick Willy really did use Iraq as a distraction from his sex scandals. The GOP had this one right.

No, but he sent inspectors. He issued ultimatums to Saddam Hussein. On the other hand, he did attack Bosnia, he was responsible for that incident in Mogadishu. No he didn't invade Iraq, but he did his share of warmongering. He was, just like Obama, afraid to invade Iraq.

Aka "too smart to invade Iraq"....................

Uh yeah, we were there once, we put their government in place, now it is at risk of being supplanted by a group of barbarians. We are responsible for any of the consequences that result. If you make a mess, do you not clean it up?

You simply can't dump a bucket of water on an inferno and say you put out the fire. That isn't how life works, Joe.

But hey, Democrats fell for the same stuff the Republicans did, so how does that make you less responsible for this? Hmm?

Your conclusions hold no water, if you start with a false premise. We didn't put in their government, the Iraqis did. They should solve the ISIS problem themselves, just as they should have solved the Saddam problem themselves.

Oh really? So, had we not gone to war the first time, they wouldn't have been able to elect their own leaders. Talk about a false premise.

Since when is "taking care of Saddam themselves" a false premise? Had they done so, they would have been able to elect their own leaders without us. I think you need to put some thought into your responses, instead of just talking out your ass.

[

"afraid"?

You must mean afraid to get into quicksand with no way of winning or getting out.

Invading Iraq was and is a stupid thing to do.

Seriously

Democrats, too smart to start a war, dumb enough to vote for it.

I wonder if a search of the archives would reveal a time when the OP vehemently opposed military intervention somewhere based on his compassion toward our troops. You know, where he says that nothing in the ME is worth the death and maiming of our heroes?

Whaddya think?

You and your kind are DESPERATE to try and pass the blame to anyone else for one of the greatest fuckups the USA ever committed.

Hey carmac. If I tell you a lie (but tell you it is the truth) and you repeat this lie to others, does that make you a liar?

I've asked others of your persuasion this question. They won't answer it. Will you?

[

Gee, Runs with Scissors, how many things can you get wrong.

Clinton had the GOOD SENSE not to invade Iraq. Just like George H. Bush had the good sense not to invade Iraq when had an Army in place. And Obama had the good sense to get us out of there.

The only one who was stupider than shit and thought invading Iraq was a good idea was George W. Bush, because he had Jay-a-zus on his side.

Oh, yeah, it was George H. Bush who got us into that mess in Somalia. Clinton was just there when it turned to shit.

Finally, Bonsia. Yes, Clinton got us involved in preventing genocide in Bosnia and Kosovo, AFTER he had the good sense to line up international support and make the proper preparations, and the operations were carried off successfully with MINIMAL casualties.

21 times as many Democrats as Republicans voted against the Iraq War resolution.

Now using your rudimentary understanding of mathematics, which party is the 'dumb enough' one on the issue?

".......shredding the Constitution"? Cite some particulars, and Hayes is not an example for US Presidents, it appears the you know nothing of the history of his "election":

United States presidential election, 1876 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rutherford B. Hayes was the 19th President of the United States, Peach. His election was due to a compromise, but he was still the President. I can provide many examples of Obama shredding the Constitution as many of his predecessors have.

Obamacare is one... issuing an executive order allowing illegals to stay here, with more on the way, effectively nullifying our naturalization laws is two, killing Americans overseas with drones is three, Bowe Bergdhal is four...er, I could go on, but you can see for yourself what he has done to shred the Constitution.

How many of those actions have been ruled unconstitutional by the Court?

Did Obama vote to invade Iraq? Did Bill Clinton vote to invade Iraq?

Forum List

Back