Fuck Trump and the GOP

PaVF3Es.gif

7 years of "just give us power and we'll repeal/fix it"

So what do we get?

1 judge
A tax cut that can easily be reversed.
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Repealed regulations that can easily be put back in place.
A lot of trolling material.
An economy that sky rocketed on promises but now teeters on the edge of instability because if knee jerk tweeting.
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

I get that we do not have a super majority. I also get that a super majority is not needed. Democrats taught us that.

Stop being cowards and do the motherfucking jobs that you promised to do for my vote.

If the wall isn't started.
If planned parenthood isn't defunded.
If sanctuary cities are not defunded.
If SERIOUS SPENDING CUTS are not enacted. (And I don't mean our safety net as the first on the block)

I WILL VOTE DEMOCRAT IN 2018

I have defended Trump and been hammered for it. I have defended the GOP and feel stupider for it.

No more

Look up what filibustering is.

And, you might wonder why there's a 60-vote rule in the Senate, when it just takes a straight majority in the House to pass a bill. The answer is that that's what the Founders intended. The Senate was designed to be the "cooling saucer," where the two parties were forced to work together. That 60-vote threshold ensures that in order to pass legislation, the majority party needs to get some buy-in from the minority.

However, that has been eroding. Back in 2013, Democrats, who at the time controlled the Senate, were so frustrated by the slow pace of confirmation of then-President Obama's nominees that they pulled the trigger on what was known as the "nuclear option." This essentially changed the rules in the Senate and busted the 60-vote threshold down to a simple majority of 51 votes for presidential nominees only.

Fast-forward to 2017, when Republicans chipped a little more away from the 60-vote requirement when they said that Supreme Court nominees would also only need 51 votes to be confirmed.

So things have been changing, yes. But even if that rule were changed to apply broadly to legislation, it would make no difference in the current situation facing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. They have already been using a 51-vote rule -- in this case, the budget procedure known as "reconciliation" -- to try to get their Obamacare repeal bill passed. Under this rule, they're limited to what they can keep in and what they can leave out. The rule only allows Republicans to touch Obamacare's budget-related provisions, not its regulations. The bill would repeal all of Obamacare's subsidies, taxes, and penalties for those who don't buy insurance, but keeps in place Obamacare's rules about what insurers must cover.

Even with that rule in place, Republicans have been unable to reach the bare majority they need to pass the legislation.

Why is a simple majority usually not enough to pass a bill in the Senate?

It's what cornered Trump. Filibustering sucks.
In some cases it does stink....

but I think the founders knew what they were doing when they created it.... They could foresee times like we are living in now, where everything is so so so so partisan. The filibuster cools heads, where half the country does not feel stripped of their representation just because they are not in the majority.

The Filibuster protects the minority, so that their constituents have at least some representation in the US Congress and Senate.

Reid should have never diminished it for presidential picks,

and McDonnell should have never diminished it for Judicial picks.

Q. for rightwing nitwits: where do you go from here…

Is Trump now the ‘establishment.’

Is the search on for another ‘anti-establishment’ candidate for 2020.

When will you realize that your naïve, childish perception of ‘small’ government is a ridiculous myth that will never come to be.

Wait for the Mccain's and Flake's to all be voted out the senate to build the wall.

Neither one of them is running again, they cannot be voted out...:290968001256257790-final:

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
An economy that sky rocketed on promises but now teeters on the edge of instability because if knee jerk tweeting.
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

I get that we do not have a super majority. I also get that a super majority is not needed. Democrats taught us that.

Stop being cowards and do the motherfucking jobs that you promised to do for my vote.

If SERIOUS SPENDING CUTS are not enacted. (And I don't mean our safety net as the first on the block)

I have defended Trump and been hammered for it. I have defended the GOP and feel stupider for it.

No more
.Would Trump actually have to become a dictator in order to get to his goals ?? Is that the desperation he has created in the minds of the citizens in order to get him to his goals ? Are you comfortable with Trump operating as a dictator in order to get through all the devils who are crazy to stop him and his voter's ?? What has this nation devolved into ?
He could get the wall the same way Obama got Obamacare for all I care.

Republicans didn't have majority in the senate when nobamacare got filibustered in...
And Democrats don't have a majority now. No courage either (gop)

When will you realize that your naïve, childish perception of ‘small’ government is a ridiculous myth that will never come to be.

Wait for the Mccain's and Flake's to all be voted out the senate to build the wall.

Neither one of them is running again, they cannot be voted out...:290968001256257790-final:

You aren't good at getting puns then... Establishment Republicans I mean. For slow people like you.

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

No more

You should be hammered for it, and you are stupider for it.

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

No more
When will Americans realize that BOTH parties are nothing but a bunch of criminals?

It is way past the time for a removing these assholes.

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

No more
.Would Trump actually have to become a dictator in order to get to his goals ?? Is that the desperation he has created in the minds of the citizens in order to get him to his goals ? Are you comfortable with Trump operating as a dictator in order to get through all the devils who are crazy to stop him and his voter's ?? What has this nation devolved into ?
He could get the wall the same way Obama got Obamacare for all I care.

Republicans didn't have majority in the senate when nobamacare got filibustered in...
And Democrats don't have a majority now. No courage either (gop)

This is why mid-terms will be important to build the wall.

Flake isn't running for reelection, and McCain is dying of a brain tumor. I doubt anybody but the most partisan Republicans are going to vote out a man who is dying of a brain tumor.

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

No more

Look up what filibustering is.

And, you might wonder why there's a 60-vote rule in the Senate, when it just takes a straight majority in the House to pass a bill. The answer is that that's what the Founders intended. The Senate was designed to be the "cooling saucer," where the two parties were forced to work together. That 60-vote threshold ensures that in order to pass legislation, the majority party needs to get some buy-in from the minority.

However, that has been eroding. Back in 2013, Democrats, who at the time controlled the Senate, were so frustrated by the slow pace of confirmation of then-President Obama's nominees that they pulled the trigger on what was known as the "nuclear option." This essentially changed the rules in the Senate and busted the 60-vote threshold down to a simple majority of 51 votes for presidential nominees only.

Fast-forward to 2017, when Republicans chipped a little more away from the 60-vote requirement when they said that Supreme Court nominees would also only need 51 votes to be confirmed.

So things have been changing, yes. But even if that rule were changed to apply broadly to legislation, it would make no difference in the current situation facing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. They have already been using a 51-vote rule -- in this case, the budget procedure known as "reconciliation" -- to try to get their Obamacare repeal bill passed. Under this rule, they're limited to what they can keep in and what they can leave out. The rule only allows Republicans to touch Obamacare's budget-related provisions, not its regulations. The bill would repeal all of Obamacare's subsidies, taxes, and penalties for those who don't buy insurance, but keeps in place Obamacare's rules about what insurers must cover.

Even with that rule in place, Republicans have been unable to reach the bare majority they need to pass the legislation.

Why is a simple majority usually not enough to pass a bill in the Senate?

It's what cornered Trump. Filibustering sucks.

Senate Republicans shut down Trumps bid to stop filibusters, SO ITS ON REPUBLICANS - STFU.

Flake isn't running for reelection, and McCain is dying of a brain tumor. I doubt anybody but the most partisan Republicans are going to vote out a man who is dying of a brain tumor.
You aren't good at getting puns then... Establishment Republicans I mean. For slow people like you.

What a Presidential candidate promises on the campiagn trail and what they can get through Congress is rarely the same thing the government was never designed for the party in control to be able to get it's way on everything it wanted doesn't matter which party it is. I know this can be frustrating and a pain in the ass but consider how easy it would be for either party to pass laws, rules to ensure they stay in control if it wasn't.
I care about illegal immigration. It impacts my business. It affects my income. It is the business I am in and that is what matters to me with the economy in a close second.

May I make a suggestion? if you have a chance to vote for Austin Peterson, do so even if it means voting GOP. He is actually principled and running against the omnibus

Do you know what a pun is? :dunno:

Last edited:

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

No more
You do have a right to be pissed off. But just think of how pissed off you'd be by now if Hillary had been elected.

It's true that Trump isn't solid gold, but we could be doing a lot worse. Keep an eye on who's in the next lineup. And keep your mind on what's happening in Europe -- because it could be happening here.

You think Trump0 was the best choice among all those Republicans?

So what do we get?

1 judge
A SHIT TON OF ATTA BOYS
Funded sanctuary cities
Funded abortions

No more

I'm not one to defend that douche Trump, but ...

The tax cuts, the deregulation, and the strong economy are a BIG deal.

And your serious spending cuts aren't particularly serious, especially if you don't mean our safety net, because about three-quarters of our budget is the safety net and the military.
Our safety net expenses are already down drastically according to the stats. Can we stop building bridges to nowhere with shrimp on treadmills or is that a big ask?

Forum List

Back