Funny Pictures Thread: Part 2!!

10924747_10152990604818486_6876383832321297081_n.jpg

I really don't want to know...I can guess!

46451B3A-62CF-4975-A8CA-E8AE3EADFAA1-3787-000002B96FE8318E.jpg

She, uhhh... Shouldn't be alive right now, let alone smiling, if that's what it looks like.

I think she gave birth in the water.

I know. Unless she's just like gushing blood, however, the water shouldn't look like that.

It looks like bath water after someone's slit their wrists in it. lol

I've seen videos of water births before. The water's usually not dark reddish brown afterwards.

She, uhhh... Shouldn't be alive right now, let alone smiling, if that's what it looks like.

I know. Unless she's just like gushing blood, however, the water shouldn't look like that.

I've seen videos of water births before. The water's usually not dark reddish brown afterwards.

Well, some women bleed more than others. Some deliveries are more "messy." I'm pretty sure that is what it is, since they dad is holding a newborn. It's difficult to see if there is still an umbilical cord, but that could have been cut too. Either way, it's pretty nasty, but it could be just photo shopped too.

Well, some women bleed more than others. Some deliveries are more "messy." I'm pretty sure that is what it is, since they dad is holding a newborn. It's difficult to see if there is still an umbilical cord, but that could have been cut too. Either way, it's pretty nasty, but it could be just photo shopped too.

Well... Yea. But those women usually aren't going to be sitting straight up, smiling about it afterwards. They're usually half out of their minds, and being operated on.
lol.gif

I'm going with photoshop, or maybe there being something in the water beforehand (anti-septic, maybe?). If she had really bled that much, she'd be in some pretty serious medical distress.

Last edited:

Well... Yea. But those women usually aren't going to be sitting straight up, smiling about it afterwards. They're usually half out of their minds, and being operated on.
lol.gif

I'm going with photoshop, or maybe there being something in the water beforehand (anti-septic, maybe?). If she had really bled that much, she'd be in some pretty serious medical distress.

Have you ever seen a placenta? What do you think happens when it comes out in the water? I think it is completely plausible. Also, that is obviously not her FIRST child, and yes, I've seen women completely recovered right after the birth. One woman when I was in the hospital, was on her third, and she was walking about like nothing had happened at all.

lol.gif

Have you ever seen a placenta? What do you think happens when it comes out in the water? I think it is completely plausible. Also, that is obviously not her FIRST child, and yes, I've seen women completely recovered right after the birth. One woman when I was in the hospital, was on her third, and she was walking about like nothing had happened at all.

Well... Yea. I know all that. Again though, the women who are going to be walking around like nothing happened afterwards generally aren't going to be bleeding enough to turn an entire kiddie tub's worth of water brown. That would generally indicate that something went wrong, and she needs helps.

My own mother supposedly had a pretty hard delivery with me (bled a lot due to a cut the doctor made), and there is a picture of her immediately afterwards. My dad is all smiles. She looks barely conscious. lol

lol.gif

Well... Yea. I know all that. Again though, the women who are going to be walking around like nothing happened afterwards generally aren't going to be bleeding enough to turn an entire kiddie tub's worth of water brown. That would generally indicate that something went wrong, and she needs helps.

My own mother supposedly had a pretty hard delivery with me (bled a lot due to a cut the doctor made), and there is a picture of her immediately afterwards. My dad is all smiles. She looks barely conscious. lol

That's not true at all, but this is supposed to be the funny pictures thread. Who knows if it's real. It might be, it might not be. It's disgusting either way.

lol.gif

That's not true at all, but this is supposed to be the funny pictures thread. Who knows if it's real. It might be, it might not be. It's disgusting either way.

Bleeding out like that usually isn't something people just "shrug off," Chris. Just sayin'.
shrug.gif

In any case, you're right. This is a funny pictures thread. Now, maybe it was the placenta. Personally, however, I think there is probably something else going on (trick of the light, something else in the water, etca). Like you said though, it's not really important.

Last edited:

lol.gif

Bleeding out like that usually isn't something people just "shrug off," Chris. Just sayin'.
shrug.gif

In any case, you're right. This is a funny pictures thread. Now, maybe it was the placenta. Personally, however, I think there is probably something else going on (trick of the light, something else in the water, etca). Like you said though, it's not really important.

I type about plenty of women who lose a lot of blood during childbirth. 500 mL is probably about average. However, the placenta contains TONS of blood vessels too, so when you add that 1/2 a quart of blood to what is in the placenta and put in a small pool or jacuzzi with 4 or 5 people . . . it's bound to be a little on the gross side and would certainly discolor the water. The placenta has a consistency like jelly too. It's really not a very pretty thing.

lol.gif

shrug.gif

I type about plenty of women who lose a lot of blood during childbirth. 500 mL is probably about average. However, the placenta contains TONS of blood vessels too, so when you add that 1/2 a quart of blood to what is in the placenta and put in a small pool or jacuzzi with 4 or 5 people . . . it's bound to be a little on the gross side and would certainly discolor the water. The placenta has a consistency like jelly too. It's really not a very pretty thing.

Eh. Maybe.
shrug.gif

Like I said though, I have watched videos of these things before. While there is some blood and gunk, I've never seen the whole tub turn brown.

Frankly, if she's experiencing post-partum hemorrhage, she really needs to get out of the water ASAP anyway. Water prevents clotting, which can be freaking dangerous.

That's why slitting your wrists in a warm bath tub full of water is such an effective means of suicide.

I guess we'll never know for sure though. lol

Last edited:

shrug.gif

Eh. Maybe.
shrug.gif

Like I said though, I have watched videos of these things before. While there is some blood and gunk, I've never seen the whole tub turn brown.

Frankly, if she's experiencing post-partum hemorrhage, she really needs to get out of the water ASAP anyway. Water prevents clotting, which can be freaking dangerous.

That's why slitting your wrists in a warm bath tub full of water is such an effective means of suicide.

I've never seen a water birth, but I've suspected they might be disgusting. Why would I want to sit in the water with all that "stuff?" Yuck! :ack-1: No thank you, I am a land mammal.

shrug.gif

Eh. Maybe.
shrug.gif

I've never seen a water birth, but I've suspected they might be disgusting. Why would I want to sit in the water with all that "stuff?" Yuck! :ack-1: No thank you, I am a land mammal.

Well, supposedly, being immersed in warm water helps the muscles and tissues involved to relax, making things easier and less painful, with less of a chance of injury.

From what I've seen, it seems to work. Water births seem to be A LOT calmer than hospital births (less screaming and whatnot).

I can understand why it'd seem kind of out there though. Lol

Warm water also carries bacteria, which might make infection more likely. I don't think anything's been proven though.

But yea... Anyway, back to funny pics! :D

shrug.gif

Eh. Maybe.
shrug.gif

Well, supposedly, being immersed in warm water helps the muscles and tissues involved to relax, making things easier and less painful, with less of a chance of injury.

From what I've seen, it seems to work. Water births seem to be A LOT calmer than hospital births (less screaming and whatnot).

Warm water also carries bacteria, which might make infection more likely. I don't think anything's been proven though.

Yeah, I think I would pass on sitting in a tub of blood and placenta and other gunk. :eek-52:

Anyway, I think we've side tracked your own thread!!! :lol: Everyone reading it is probably like, ewwww. Hopefully we haven't scared everyone off!

shrug.gif

Eh. Maybe.
shrug.gif

Yeah, I think I would pass on sitting in a tub of blood and placenta and other gunk. :eek-52:

Anyway, I think we've side tracked your own thread!!! :lol: Everyone reading it is probably like, ewwww. Hopefully we haven't scared everyone off!

I hope not! LOL

Forum List

Back