Gallup: Americans name ‘government’ as nation’s top problem in 2022

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Well, okay.

But 5 weeks ago what did you do about it, America? Re-electing the 'Lockdown Queen' Witchmer and voting for mail-in voting and drop boxes in MI?

Voting for an enfeebled Festerman in PA?

Barely retaking the House? (Thanks to of all places NY and CA).

We have met the enemy and it is us.

Americans responding to monthly Gallup polls this year identified “government” as the nation’s top problem, edging out inflation to win that distinction for the seventh time in the past decade.
An average of 19% of adults mentioned some aspect of the government as the biggest problem facing the U.S. in polls from January to December, Gallup reported Tuesday.
Another 16% flagged the high cost of living or inflation, and 12% cited the economy in general. Immigration, unifying the country, COVID-19, race relations and crime averaged between 4% and 6% of mentions apiece. About 3% mentioned abortion.
“Dissatisfaction with the government did not emerge in recent history as one of the top issues facing the nation until 2012,” Gallup said. “Since 2013 — when the government shutdown caused mentions of the government to surge — it has been the first or second most-cited issue each year.”
Overall, Americans’ satisfaction with the direction of the U.S. dropped from 27% last year to 18% this year. That is the lowest since 17% expressed satisfaction in 2011 and the fourth time since 1979 that annual satisfaction has fallen below 20%.

Americans name ‘government’ as nation’s top problem in 2022​

brian-regan-duh.gif

Every freedom, right, privilege, etc every American has ever lost in the history of our country is soley due to our own government. Our country is so strong we have nothing to fear from foriegn powers, the only way we have something to fear from a foriegn power is because our government let them be a threat to us.

America's greatest enemy is its own government. And right now that has never been more true.

Well, okay.

But 5 weeks ago what did you do about it, America? Re-electing the 'Lockdown Queen' Witchmer and voting for mail-in voting and drop boxes in MI?

Americans responding to monthly Gallup polls this year identified “government” as the nation’s top problem, edging out inflation to win that distinction for the seventh time in the past decade.
An average of 19% of adults mentioned some aspect of the government as the biggest problem facing the U.S. in polls from January to December, Gallup reported Tuesday.
Another 16% flagged the high cost of living or inflation, and 12% cited the economy in general. Immigration, unifying the country, COVID-19, race relations and crime averaged between 4% and 6% of mentions apiece. About 3% mentioned abortion.
“Dissatisfaction with the government did not emerge in recent history as one of the top issues facing the nation until 2012,” Gallup said. “Since 2013 — when the government shutdown caused mentions of the government to surge — it has been the first or second most-cited issue each year.”
Overall, Americans’ satisfaction with the direction of the U.S. dropped from 27% last year to 18% this year. That is the lowest since 17% expressed satisfaction in 2011 and the fourth time since 1979 that annual satisfaction has fallen below 20%.

Always has be us. It was designed to be us, and will keep being us, and when they actually do something right on occasion, that's us too. Great isn't it?

Looks like mail in voting is here to stay and increasing every cycle for easier participation of more people that can't or don't have the time to stand in line in whatever kind of November weather comes up on election day, as that time of year, you just never know.

Does this mean the Republicans are toast, as they would rather take their chances, rather than vote early or mail in their vote? Who knows? All I know, is with current Republican leadership, normal Republicans are dirty lowdown traitors to the party if they don't take their chances standing in line on election day, while the Dems win by voting early, making sure their voices heard, but the Reps get to bitch about it while they lick their wounds, cause bitching after the fact is what they are now known for, that and being sore losers. If I were Republican, I'd be trying to get my party member to vote, any way, possible, as soon as possible, and not waiting until election day to hope they show up. But, being independent, I actually only care if I show up, and I always do.

I like early in person voting myself, as I don't want to stand in line either. I think they ought to make early voting the whole month before election day and have pre-counted without release until the poles closed. Also, I think they should be counting without release, all mail in absentee ballots, as received, automatically curing as they go, so when the polls close, just about all is already to dump to tally, the second polls do close. I am also a big supporter of bona fide ID, and it being a picture ID, supplied by the State or Federal government, to include student ID's of state colleges and universities. Doing it securely really isn't a big trick, if the real goal isn't to prevent voting, in the first place as large turnout by the largest cross-section of voters does not favor your party at the time. It would not bother me, if the parties and candidates had to run on what they do or plan to do, rather than how much muck they can rake, before and after an election, but that's just me.

We need a hard coup d'état if for no other reason but to secure our southern border.....What's happening now is unfathomable to anyone that gives a pinch of shit about our country.

Every national dem politician, each and every one, should be in prison right this minute awaiting trial for high treason......Better yet the ring-leaders should be festooned from PA Avenue lampposts and left to rot.....Rats gotta eat.

Well, okay.

Field better candidates next time

People don’t like carpet baggers

LOL They voted for RFK in NY back in the day, and Hillary more recently. And Romney in Utah. It is all bullshit.

Oz lived in PA far longer than all three of those combined in their respective states.

Still harping on a riot? That is all it was. And a White woman was murdered by a racist black cop.

Pelosi is still in shock and at 80 got a boob job to soothe the fear.

Or was that boob job an attempt to get Paul back on the straight side of things? :cool:

LOL They voted for RFK in NY back in the day, and Hillary more recently. And Romney in Utah. It is all bullshit.

Oz lived in PA far longer than all three of those combined in their respective states.
True. But half the Democrat and Indy vote was already IN before anyone even heard Festerman stutter.

Pelosi is still in shock and at 80 got a boob job to soothe the fear.

Or was that boob job an attempt to get Paul back on the straight side of things? :cool:
I think she put out a hit on him. So she could glom onto all his money. And HIS Ice Cream Freezer.

True. But half the Democrat and Indy vote was already IN before anyone even heard Festerman stutter.

He was always an unattractive candidate, one with several racist issues in his past. But the MSM covered them up other than a quick mention.

He was always an unattractive candidate, one with several racist issues in his past. But the MSM covered them up other than a quick mention.
It was still almost a million EARLY votes that got him in. Time Repubs start playing the game. Stop the wasteful campaigning. Buy the VOTES. Vote early. Vote straight Repub. No other way to win.

It was still almost a million EARLY votes that got him in. Time Repubs start playing the game. Stop the wasteful campaigning. Buy the VOTES. Vote early. Vote straight Repub. No other way to win.

It was the stupid Republican legislature that gave us that in PA all over the COVID scare. The least the dumbasses could have done was sunset the law.

This country is over. And sadly, I think the "slow decline" phase is just about over.

IOW, the Barbarians are at the gate.

If you know, you know

Well, okay.

In their defense, you can't really compare an overall national poll to specific locations. Take Whitmere, for example. You would have to have that same poll for just Michigan only. Same for many of the other things you mentioned. However, for the most part, I agree with your synopsis. The votes don't really match the poll results.

Forum List

Back