Gas Spending.

Winco

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2019
I have a Jeep Wrangler.
Love it, but onto the subject.

I have a 4 day workweek, and I just filled up EXACTLY one week later.

Result: $62.
That is per week.

Job is 68 miles Round-trip.

4 + weeks per month, means I spend about (62 x 4.2) = $260 per month

Let's round that up to $400. (From $260) Generous.
So I spend $400 per Month on Gas.

Thoughts?
Others?
Your Spending?

I spent $2.81 a gallon for gas today. Since I rarely leave the city, it will last me for the month. During the fall I get 32 to 34 miles a gallon.

I have a Jeep Wrangler.

That is per week.

Thoughts?
Others?
Your Spending?
Maybe you shouldn't have bought something that gets such terrible gas mileage?

I have a Jeep Wrangler.

That is per week.

Thoughts?
Others?
Your Spending?
Move to Seattle? Buy a small used high gas mileage car for the week and enjoy the Jeep (that gets at best 24 mpg a 55 mph, less if faster, much less if stop&go city same as my jeep) on the other 3 days of the week?

I have a Jeep Wrangler.

That is per week.

Thoughts?
Others?
Your Spending?
I use maybe 20 ish gallons per month personally. I am lucky we live centrally located so pretty much all my day to day stuff is within 7 miles, most much less. Now my wife, she lives at the gas station. She drives 40 ish miles each way just to work

Move to Seattle? Buy a small used high gas mileage car for the week and enjoy the Jeep (that gets at best 24 mpg a 55 mph, less if faster, much less if stop&go city same as my jeep) on the other 3 days of the week?
Why move to Seattle?
I live 50 Miles North.

So, in reading your response, WTF is your actual response?

Please don't restrict my privileges again Mr White6.

Thoughts?
Others?
Your Spending?

What are the Concerned American thoughts on my gas spending?

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 8.45.33 PM.png

I have a Jeep Wrangler.

That is per week.

Thoughts?
Others?
Your Spending?
Libs want you to trade your car for a bicycle

Libs want you to trade your car for a bicycle
Hey, I rode my Bicycle from WA Coast to Mississippi River.
Sorry, didn't have enough 'time off' to go coast to coast.

Trek Bicycle, 2,100 Miles.
Washington Coast to Mississippi River.
Done in summer of 2007.

Best Point, Pass of 9.666 feet.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 9.04.20 PM.png

Why move to Seattle?
I live 50 Miles North.

So, in reading your response, WTF is your actual response?

Please don't restrict my privileges again Mr White6.
Simple. Don't act inappropriately. Inappropriate board activity is all I have ever tapped you with, and you deserved it ant the one point at a time. All of those two pointers warnings were senior mods, along with virtually every other mod that has been on the mod board for your Trolling, Pedo attacks, family attack, etc, your history going back to people that aren't even mods anymore or dead. But that is just because you brought it up.
My response is you have the choice to buy a smaller work car or move closer to your job. There is another option or two. You could car pool, like I did back during the Carter Administration in the days of the OPEC oil embargo, 13% inflation and the double nickle speed limit. You could move out of that state known for high taxes (including gas tax) and high gas prices, but its totally up to you. I don't care if you walk. To tell the truth and I don't have your gas problems as it is ordinarily much cheaper here, plus I get 60 cents off/gallon or more for shopping with Kroger. Plus, I don't use my Jeep the way you do, as I have been retired for years, so often put less than 15 miles a week unless kayaking.

Simple. Don't act inappropriately. Inappropriate board activity is all I have ever tapped you with, and you deserved it ant the one point at a time. All of those two pointers warnings were senior mods, along with virtually every other mod that has been on the mod board for your Trolling, Pedo attacks, family attack, etc, your history going back to people that aren't even mods anymore or dead. But that is just because you brought it up.
My response is you have the choice to buy a smaller work car or move closer to your job. There is another option or two. You could car pool, like I did back during the Carter Administration in the days of the OPEC oil embargo, 13% inflation and the double nickle speed limit. You could move out of that state known for high taxes (including gas tax) and high gas prices, but its totally up to you. I don't care if you walk. To tell the truth and I don't have your gas problems as it is ordinarily much cheaper here, plus I get 60 cents off/gallon or more for shopping with Kroger. Plus, I don't use my Jeep the way you do, as I have been retired for years, so often put less than 15 miles a week unless kayaking.
Sure Mr White6.

Hey, I rode my Bicycle from WA Coast to Mississippi River.
Sorry, didn't have enough 'time off' to go coast to coast.

Trek Bicycle, 2,100 Miles.
Washington Coast to Mississippi River.
Done in summer of 2007.

Best Point, Pass of 9.666 feet.

View attachment 840985
Very few people are willing or able to ride a bicycle that far

Unless we have a trip planned, I fill up about once a month. My old Chev Suburban has a 32 gal tank. One week ago today we towed our camper down to Grayton Beach State Park for 5 nights of fun. Then came home on Sunday. The pre-trip fillup was just under $100. Filled up again in FL. Nothing like 15 mpg on the road to make you appreciate the other car's economy.

Last edited:
Gas is currently $3.24 where I am. All that I can say is that $20.00 worth doesn't even add 100 miles to what is still in the tank anymore. (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back