Gay marriage legal in Massachussetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Aquarian
yes. that's exactly what I said, but your original statement said that most instances of child molestation involved homosexuals and numerically, that is not true. to restate: proportionate to their numbers in society at large, homosexuals account for more than their share of child molestation cases. however, heterosexuals account for the actual majority of child molestation cases.

remember too tho, that vast numbers of child molestation cases go unreported due to the stigma associated with it and the emotional issues involved. the missing data could fall into either category.

I guess we're clear on that. I wish everything else was easily cleared up here.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
a phrase comes to mind.....if a tree falls in the woods, does it still make a sound? and if it does, will anyone hear it anyway?
Actually, this is a philosophical question. There can never be a right/wrong answer. It can never be proven one way or the other, only debated as such. I guess that's why it might be appropriate for this discussion.

As for my answer to the sound question: If a tree falls and there is nothing there capable of hearing or recording it, it does NOT make a sound. It makes a sound wave, but not a sound.

Definition:
sound - noise; something that is, or can be heard

Since there is nothing there capable of recording or hearing the sound, it is neither heard nor capable of being heard. Hence, no sound.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Prove it. Prove gender preference is a choice. Otherwise I win. Thanks for playing. You're dismissed.

I have generations of POPULATION on my side.

I have body chemistry and hormone development PROVEN on my side.

I have COMMON SENSE on my side.

If you want to argue stupid points, YOU prove it. Everyone here knows hormones are not going at age 5.

When did you decide you were straight? Hold on. Firstly, was that your decision?

Don't know when, and don't care. The decision to override natural biological factors or NOT override is not happening until the hormone levels are appropriate for the task. Anything other than that is based off of environmental conditioning only.

Your question is irrelevant.

so a 'godless' person can't have morals based on something other than religion?

That may be. But I did say "most" morals. Not all.

so patty hearst made a choice to rob a bank? vietnam POW's made a choice to give in to their tormenters?

behavior modification from outside forces does not a choice make.

That was less than a smart answer.

Hormones do not dictate criminal activity. -Merely sexual and aressiveness/passiveness.

You are setting me up. I know you know the role hormones play.
;)

And your arguement here would also invalidate pavlov.

Wrong answer. :)

Originally posted by TN_Independent
Actually, this is a philosophical question. There can never be a right/wrong answer. It can never be proven one way or the other, only debated as such. I guess that's why it might be appropriate for this discussion.

As for my answer to the sound question: If a tree falls and there is nothing there capable of hearing or recording it, it does NOT make a sound. It makes a sound wave, but not a sound.

Definition:
sound - noise; something that is, or can be heard

Since there is nothing there capable of recording or hearing the sound, it is neither heard nor capable of being heard. Hence, no sound.

Learn your science. The instant the wave hits an object, sound is created. Air, trees, rocks, soil.

Wrong again.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
It's got nothing to do with the bill of rights DK. Morals are in and of themselves seperate, and I would have to say that yes, most morals are probably religon based.

I guess that's why you godless people have such a hard time seeing our point, and vice versa.

I guess that's why you talibanlike god freaks are so rigid in your condemnations of others.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Vote..... I'm shaking my head here in disbelief..... JUST HOW DENSE ARE YOU?!

Lets see if I can make this clear for your seemily thick head!

IF ONE *MALE*, age is irrelevant, IS SEXUALY ATTRACKED TO ANOTHER, IT'S *HOMOSEXUALITY*.

My GOD man.... what part about that is so hard to understand?! You can be BOTH a homosexual AND a pedophile, and it just so happens that 70% of all pedophiles are HOMOSEXUALS!!

Equating all homosexuals to pedophilia would be like equating all heterosexuals to criminals. While I understand your argument that these people are homosexuals, what they propose is a crime and has an obvious victim. Most criminals are heterosexuals, that doesn't mean that all heterosexuals are criminals.

Pedophilia is a different discussion than marriage for two consenting adults, hence my argument that it is a different animal, not because it wasn't a homosexual act, but that it is not salient to this argument.

Originally posted by NewGuy
That was less than a smart answer.

Hormones do not dictate criminal activity. -Merely sexual and aressiveness/passiveness.

You are setting me up. I know you know the role hormones play.
;)

And your arguement here would also invalidate pavlov.

Wrong answer. :)

well, I wasn't going to attempt to validate sexual hormones at age 5, however, I do profess that there are currently no scientific facts or evidence that homosexuality is either choice OR hormones but that both are theories at this point

Originally posted by NewGuy
Learn your science. The instant the wave hits an object, sound is created. Air, trees, rocks, soil.

Wrong again.

You're unsound.

It's hormones guys. read the research. No one wants to say it definitely because no one want to take the heat.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
It's hormones guys. read the research. No one wants to say it definitely because no one want to take the heat.

AGAIN. The hormones are not working at that age. How wrong do you have to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back