🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

George Will quits the Republican party

I'm not joking, every pol needs to die so that America can regain it's freedoms.

No election will fix what's wrong, the only that that happens after ever election is the loss of freedom.

Thank you for saying that. I might have selected "Agree" but I see a little kid with a print-out of your OP scurrying off to "Tell The FBI".

I think George Will concise, rational and sensible. He almost all other conservative commentators look a step below.

"For those who are in a conundrum about what to do about Donald Trump, I think George Will makes sense. The Republican Party is in danger of being redefined by Trump. I think that is a bad move for the Republican Party, and for the country. He says to cut the losses this election. Don't let him become the new definition of Conservativism. I think it's worth Considering George Will's approach."

George Will says he's leaving GOP over Trump

Conservative commentator and columnist George Will says he is leaving the Republican Party because of Donald Trump -- and he's advocating that others do…
That's what you do when you're suddenly irrelevant.

George Will is a conservative, but he's an old-school conservative like William F. Buckley who appeals to intellectuals, and really does not concern himself with appealing to people who don't have a college education or an advanced degree. Conservatives like that no longer have a place in the post-Trump Republican Party, which he is transforming into a party for working class people who are angry about immigration and free trade.

I think George Will concise, rational and sensible. He almost all other conservative commentators look a step below.

"For those who are in a conundrum about what to do about Donald Trump, I think George Will makes sense. The Republican Party is in danger of being redefined by Trump. I think that is a bad move for the Republican Party, and for the country. He says to cut the losses this election. Don't let him become the new definition of Conservativism. I think it's worth Considering George Will's approach."

Conservative commentator and columnist George Will says he is leaving the Republican Party because of Donald Trump -- and he's advocating that others do…
Yes, the far right is irrelevant as they are going to find out shortly.

George Will is a conservative, but he's an old-school conservative like William F. Buckley who appeals to intellectuals, and really does not concern himself with appealing to people who don't have a college education or an advanced degree. Conservatives like that no longer have a place in the post-Trump Republican Party, which he is transforming into a party for working class people who are angry about immigration and free trade.
Trump has a spin off of angry nativists, nothing more in the long run. It will fold.

Last edited:

Yes, the far right is irrelevant as they are going to find out shortly.
Is that a quote from the British PM?

George Will left the Republican party and the world did not end. For the record yes I'm white no I'm not uneducated and yes I know who George Will is and no I don't care that he left the party nor do I care when someone leaves the Democratic party because I think for myself and don't base my views on the opinions of others.

Pretentious and phony hypocrites like George Will can't seem to realize that the party that they pretended to support is NOT Conservative Party. They also seem to be unaware of the meaning of the word "Republican".

At any rate, good riddance to bad rubbish.

At least he did not try to paraphrase Ronald Reagan saying that he did not leave the Republican Party. the Republican Party left him.
That is the last thing you would want in your political party is an intellect; only dumb asses allowed.

George Will left the Republican party and the world did not end. For the record yes I'm white no I'm not uneducated and yes I know who George Will is and no I don't care that he left the party nor do I care when someone leaves the Democratic party because I think for myself and don't base my views on the opinions of others.
In thinking for your self don't you listen to the opinions of others before you solidify your opinion.
If you think for yourself in a vacuum, you are a dumb ass.

That is an interesting comment by GW. I left the GOP over John Bonner, McCain, McConnell et al. I have lost a considerable amount of respect for GW, and now he decides to leave the GOP when the conservative voter is giving the middle finger to the old established GOP. it demonstrates how out of touch he has been with the electorate.........he's spent too much time in the academic realm and lost touch of what was really going on.

That is an interesting comment by GW. I left the GOP over John Bonner, McCain, McConnell et al. I have lost a considerable amount of respect for GW, and now he decides to leave the GOP when the conservative voter is giving the middle finger to the old established GOP. it demonstrates how out of touch he has been with the electorate.........he's spent too much time in the academic realm and lost touch of what was really going on.

Or perhaps it's the other way 'round.

I don't see a movement of "conservative voters giving the middle finger to the GOP RP" (I won't use the term GOP). I see a movement of parrots parroting a meme that fantasizes that that's what they're doing while actually doing nothing more than following a strong-leader personality cult because the personality says "give 'em the finger" and they fall all over themselves to obey. A cult that's as phony as the wall and the rest of the emotionally-based fantasy rhetoric therein.

George Will, conservative intellect, columnist, has quit the Republican party because of Donald Trump.
Donald Trump has taken the Republican party away from conservative values.

The new "Republicans" probably do not know who George Will or William F Buckley are.

The new "Republican" is an uneducated white person who has no idea about true conservatism.
Republicans will throw him under the bus as they celebrate their new intellects.....Trump, Limbaugh, Hannity

I'd be happy to discuss his issues, except no one has provided a link or any discussion of what they are.

I used to like George Will.

If he doesn't explain why NOT being the world's bitch on immigration and trade is such bad policy, then he can kiss my ass.

Will is, and has always been, a conservative.

Now that the party has devalued conservatism and moved to nationalist populism, he's without an ideological home.

DOes he explain when we were going to see Middle CLass wages start to rise again?

George Will is not a conservative, he's a NEOCONSERVATIVE. Neocons are the idiots that invaded Iraq and destabilized the entire middle east. Neocons are the arrogant jackasses that started the "PNAC" and promised a "new American Century" of peace and prosperity but instead delivered massive budget deficits, ever expanding government, and endless wars. .

Neocons are scum that destroyed the GOP.

Good riddance George.
Yeah, the Middle East was such a bastion of peace and prosperity before neocons. The "endless war" I'm afraid is between you and the voices in your head.

It was not our mess before the neocons.
So then they didn't destabilize the Middle East. Tell that to the voices in your head and next time consult them before you post.
By "they", we can take it to mean the Brits and the C.I.A. in 1953 Iran?

George Will is not a conservative, he's a NEOCONSERVATIVE. Neocons are the idiots that invaded Iraq and destabilized the entire middle east. Neocons are the arrogant jackasses that started the "PNAC" and promised a "new American Century" of peace and prosperity but instead delivered massive budget deficits, ever expanding government, and endless wars. .

Neocons are scum that destroyed the GOP.

Good riddance George.
Almost every Democrat voted to invade Iraq, doofus.
That didn't make it any less illegal, or any less a disaster for America.

In thinking for your self don't you listen to the opinions of others before you solidify your opinion.
If you think for yourself in a vacuum, you are a dumb ass.
I listen to other opinions but I don't take a view or an opinion as my own just because someone else thinks it's the correct one to have only dumb ass would have thought otherwise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back