Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Just to clarify, this temper tantrum by the Georgia Lt Gov is not about Delta refusing to do business with the NRA. All Delta did was stop giving the NRA a discount.

Now the Georgia senate wants to try and strong-arm Delta so they will give the NRA their discounts back???? This is conservatism?? No, it is not.

The most embarrassing part of this is that frauds that try and pass themselves off as conservatives cheer this sort of government intrusion.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How is NOT giving a company a tax break, a government intrusion?

When the government explicitly states that it will deny tax breaks because of a political decision by the company in question, the "intrusion" becomes pretty clear
Any company that needs to be patronized by conservatives and liberals should not make political decisions that affect one side or the other disproportionately.

Just heard about this. Will find a link. Kudos to the Senators for hitting back at the NRA. Why should gun owners in Georgia who pay taxes have to support Delta financially?

If Delta doesn't want or need the business of 5 million NRA members why do they even need a tax break?

Delta’s tax break may not take flight after Georgia Senate blocks it

is it the job of the Georgia Senate to shill for the NRA?
Are you serious? Of course it is their job to shill for the NRA. The majority of the Georgia Senate is bought and paid for by the NRA.

And if any other companies decide to go rogue and change any of their company policies, they better run it by a certain wing of the government first, or they will feel an iron hammer come down on them hard.

The NRA is made up of law-abiding people.

If a Cake Baker can be forced to bake a cake for something that offends his beliefs, it's perfectly copacetic to forbid Big Corporations from discriminating against people that offend their beliefs.

What discrimination? Has Delta refused to serve ANY NRA member? No. It is tantrums about cancelling DISCOUNTS on tickets.

Just to clarify, this temper tantrum by the Georgia Lt Gov is not about Delta refusing to do business with the NRA. All Delta did was stop giving the NRA a discount.

Now the Georgia senate wants to try and strong-arm Delta so they will give the NRA their discounts back???? This is conservatism?? No, it is not.

It is what passes for conservatism in this country. The same people cheering for this are the same people cheering for Trump's increased spending and increased debt.

I wonder how much tax
There's nothing close to unconstitutional in the Fla legislation proposed by Scott or the gop legislature that the NRA opposes.

What's funny is I don't think anyone knew Delta gave NRA members discounts before, and GA proposes penalizing a major employer in favor of the NRA that doesn't employ anyone but Wayne LePew and that batshit crazy MILF. LOL

Justice Ginsberg??? Yeah I didn't think so :anj_stfu:
Thanks for identifying what in the Fla proposed leg is unconstitutional, asshat.

Shall not be infringed, go ahead pummel yourself upon that.
Go read up on 18thcentury English, fuckforbrains.

Look all you people have to do to get gun control is amend the constitution, so get to work all you need is 2/3 of the House and Senate and presto instant gun control. Unless you can't muster the votes, yes maybe that's why. :itsok:
Hey look, no SC justice EVAH agreed with your reading of the 2nd, and no Const scholar did/does either. Not even ClaytonCramer. You parrot Alt-R fake news, and you're a fucking idiot for doing so. Go read a fucking book by someone who is serious, asshole.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I was speaking of St Louis, but then you knew that. Here you get the liberal pat of the day :itsok:

:lol:

So did you not read the part where he mentioned Charlotte, or were you just hoping that no one else had noticed?

See now you are boring me, anything else?

I'm sure being made a fool of is "bothersome" to you.

But tough shit, fuckwit. If you don't want to look like a moron, don't act like one.

Whatever gets you through your day man. Feel better now? :cuckoo:

Youre not very good at this whole "arguing" thing, are you?

You seem desperate to insult me, you have made several attempts, I have noted your desperation. There doesn't seem to be anything else to discuss.

The most embarrassing part of this is that frauds that try and pass themselves off as conservatives cheer this sort of government intrusion.

Thank you. The days of conservatives calling for smaller, less intrusive gov't is long gone. And now they cannot even pretend.

I'll call for any damned thing I want, any time I want, and I don't need your permission and approval to do it, Sparky.

:lol::lol::lol:

You're right, you ARE welcome to Do whatever you want.

But when you act like a fuckwit, people are going to call you on it - and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Sparky.

How is NOT giving a company a tax break, a government intrusion?

When the government explicitly states that it will deny tax breaks because of a political decision by the company in question, the "intrusion" becomes pretty clear
Any company that needs to be patronized by conservatives and liberals should not make political decisions that affect one side or the other disproportionately.

There are 5 million NRA members who got these "discounts". That leaves roughly 318 million not getting them. Which of those numbers is more disproportionate?

Justice Ginsberg??? Yeah I didn't think so :anj_stfu:
Thanks for identifying what in the Fla proposed leg is unconstitutional, asshat.

Shall not be infringed, go ahead pummel yourself upon that.
Go read up on 18thcentury English, fuckforbrains.

Look all you people have to do to get gun control is amend the constitution, so get to work all you need is 2/3 of the House and Senate and presto instant gun control. Unless you can't muster the votes, yes maybe that's why. :itsok:
Hey look, no SC justice EVAH agreed with your reading of the 2nd, and no Const scholar did/does either. Not even ClaytonCramer. You parrot Alt-R fake news, and you're a fucking idiot for doing so. Go read a fucking book by someone who is serious, asshole.

You think the 2nd grants us a right, it doesn't, our right to keep and bare arms is unalienable. You bunch of dumb asses keep pushing this issue and the SCOTUS is likely to point that out to you.

So did you not read the part where he mentioned Charlotte, or were you just hoping that no one else had noticed?

But tough shit, fuckwit. If you don't want to look like a moron, don't act like one.

You seem desperate to insult me, you have made several attempts, I have noted your desperation. There doesn't seem to be anything else to discuss.

How about we discuss the topic of the thread, fuckwit?

Let's discuss your open support of Big Government punishing private companies for political decisions that you don't like.

Thank you. The days of conservatives calling for smaller, less intrusive gov't is long gone. And now they cannot even pretend.

I'll call for any damned thing I want, any time I want, and I don't need your permission and approval to do it, Sparky.

If you are in favor of using tax breaks to extort a business into reinstating discounts for a nonprofit, you are advocating major gov't interference in private businesses. You can call for whatever you want. But if you do this sort of crap, you are damn sure no conservative.

there's no reason delta can't move its corp hq out of georgia and still fly out of hartsfield.

i'm sure the 30,000 ex-employees would express their pleasure to their elected representatives.

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye"

"An eye for the eye makes the whole world blind"

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander"

This is going to be an interesting time in politics, I'm guessing this will create a consolidation of NRA supporters to counter boycott these companies who are targeting the NRA. If conservatives can stop watching NFL football, they can give up on anything.

Georgia's lieutenant gov blasts Delta for cutting ties with NRA; warns he will block legislation favoring airline

Georgia’s lieutenant governor warned Delta Monday that he will block any tax legislation that would benefit the airline unless it reverses its decision to sever ties with the National Rifle Association, warning that corporations cannot “attack conservatives” without consequences.

Delta, the Atlanta-based airline, and state lawmakers have weighed reinstating this year a once lucrative fuel tax break that has since expired.

But Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, who is a Republican gubernatorial candidate, blasted the airline’s decision to end the relationship with the NRA in the wake of the Parkland, Fla. high school shooting earlier this month, and threatened to block the bill.

“I will kill any tax legislation that benefits @Delta unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with the @NRA,” Cagle, who heads the Georgia State Senate, tweeted Monday. “Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back.
I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound legal

If you fly Delta, you're supporting Progressive agendas.
They've been anti-America for decades.

Let em leave. Maybe go to CA or NY where they can pay a HELL of a lot more in taxes. Buh BYE

How about we discuss the topic of the thread, fuckwit?

Let's discuss your open support of Big Government punishing private companies for political decisions that you don't like.

Or I could go warm up the Mesa amp :rock:

Just heard about this. Will find a link. Kudos to the Senators for hitting back at the NRA. Why should gun owners in Georgia who pay taxes have to support Delta financially?

If Delta doesn't want or need the business of 5 million NRA members why do they even need a tax break?

Delta’s tax break may not take flight after Georgia Senate blocks it

is it the job of the Georgia Senate to shill for the NRA?
Are you serious? Of course it is their job to shill for the NRA. The majority of the Georgia Senate is bought and paid for by the NRA.

And if any other companies decide to go rogue and change any of their company policies, they better run it by a certain wing of the government first, or they will feel an iron hammer come down on them hard.

The NRA is made up of law-abiding people.

If a Cake Baker can be forced to bake a cake for something that offends his beliefs, it's perfectly copacetic to forbid Big Corporations from discriminating against people that offend their beliefs.

What discrimination? Has Delta refused to serve ANY NRA member? No. It is tantrums about cancelling DISCOUNTS on tickets.

The NRA has an affiliate program similar to the ones that many organization have (AAA, AARP, Alumni Associations). Cancelling theirs for political reasons is discriminatory.

Forum List

Back