ghaddafi is dead thread

For more than twenty years, the families of the Victims of Pan Am 103 have been fighting tirelessly in the pursuit of justice and justice demands that the tyrannical Ghadaffi regime needs to be held accountable for the murder of our loved ones. Today, we have learned the Ghadaffi may have been captured or killed. First, we want to commend the Libyan people for their courage and determination. Their freedom has come at a very high cost of their loved ones, so we all owe them a debt of gratitude. We also want to commend the NATO forces, especially the US military and the Obama administration. It might have been easier to stand back and allow potentially tragic events to play out. Instead, the US, the UK and France showed tremendous courage in the face of challenging political and diplomatic circumstances

Victims of Pan Am Flight 103, Inc

Enough Said!!

I can't believe this slipped my memory, every day from 2001-2009 democrats were DEMANDING Bush go to war with Libya.

How could I forget?!?!?!?!?!?!

While not a Democrat, I cannot recall the Democrats Demanding war with Libya during the Bush years, however I do recall this,

“We are taking these actions in recognition of Libya's continued commitment to its renunciation of terrorism and the excellent cooperation Libya has provided to the United States and other members of the international community in response to common global threats faced by the civilized world since September 11, 2001,” Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said in a statement.

U.S. to renew ties with Libya - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

Bush said Libya's leader, Col. Moammar Gadhafi, had "agreed to immediately and unconditionally allow inspectors from international organizations to enter Libya.

"These inspectors will render an accounting of all nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and will help oversee their elimination," Bush said
Bush, Blair: Libya to dismantle WMD programs - CNN

The Iran and Libya Sanctions Act of 1996 (ILSA) was a 1996 act of Congress that imposed economic sanctions on firms doing business with Iran and Libya. On September 30, 2006, the act was renamed to the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA), as it no longer applied to Libya, and extended until December 31, 2011. As of March 2008, ISA sanctions had not been enforced against any non-US company;
Iran and Libya Sanctions Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Point is, this "scum" is no longer in the picture, and like it or not the current President is going to get some Credit for it, even if he deserves it or not. US asssets in this case were used to support the NATO effort in Libya and in doing so helped rid the world of a 42 year dictator that had no problems with the murder of innocent Americans. So personally I don't give a hoot in hell who get's credit for it, as long as the end result is the same.

Insert the word Iraq wherever you see Libya and you get all the same arguments republicans have made and are making for blowing up Iraq.

The scale is different obviously, but in principle blowing up Iraq and blowing up Libya are the same thing.

Expect to see plenty of our contracting pals nation-building in Libya.

And I'm sure, with our moral and beloved gov't, this time it has NOTHING to do with the country having a lot of oil.

What were the comments when obama asked Scotland to release the Lockerbie bomber to Libyan custody?

Holy shit man! I've seen folks attempt to rewrite history, but this takes such revision to a whole new level.

Tipsy needs to lay off the sauce before the ASPCA has to be called for a "protective custody" arrangement. :eek:

Seriously - where do folks come up with this shit? And I'm sure it's the meme in certain rightwing circles now; that Obama asked Scotland to releases the bomber to Libya.

I really wonder if the person who wrote that actually, honestly thinks it's true or if s/he is just making shit up.

I wasn't complaining, just stating a fact. The Libyan terrorists have been targeting blacks in Libya for a long time now. The excuse was that the terrorists were going after Gadhafi's African mercenaries. In reality, it's any black at all.

If you think it's a lie, prove it. After all I can back up what I claim. You can't.

You weren't stating a fact. You were stating a LIE. WHAT A PHONY YOU ARE!!! Do you think we don't understand the intent of your previous statements, highlighted in BOLD above? How stupid can you be to say something so false in the very same thread. Talk about leaving yourself open for the "Liar of the Year" award!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Okay, I will assume that you are just ignorant. And so lazy you won't look it up yourself.

I'm not ignorant. You're just a bald-faced liar. The "cite" you provided does not say anything about the point I highlighted in your previous statement. You claimed that people were "happy" aboout terrorism and racism in Libya. That's a LIE and you know it.

Let's all take a moment to step back and thank former President Bush for his role in the killing of Gadhafi.

Without him laying the groundwork, none of this would have happened

Now that the terrorist forces are in control they will be looking for a lot of revenge. I doubt that any blacks still in Libya will be able to escape.

This is great !! Now It will cost about $25.42 to fill my gas tank !!!
You "conservatives" should probably pursue some other hobby.

Your pursuit of the psychic-arts doesn't seem to be panning-out.

493.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

Please show me where Obama should get the credit for this, dickspit.

If Obama had not decided to support the rebels in Libya, would Qaddafi be dead?

Considering NATO was involved, and Brittan and France and others were flying support missions, who knows... maybe... maybe not. But giving Obama direct credit for this is ridiculous. He was a supporting actor, just like anyone else not actually part of the Libyan rebel forces.

If the US President is not the lead actor in any NATO operation, then who is?

It's a bit of a stretch to credit Obama for this one, but have at it. Barry's gonna need all the help he can get in about a year, so if this gets him an extra vote or two it I'm okay with it. Won't be enough but what the heck.

On a related note, with this dirtbag dead it means Gene Simmons takes over the # 1 spot for ugliest male on the planet.

Time to herd some cats

So Republicans....which is it?

Should Obama have allowed Gadhafi to squash the rebels?

Was he right in supporting NATO in protecting the rebels?

Come on boys....you can do it....give us a position

I think they're stuck in their normal-position......

19-05-01%5B1%5D.jpg

Now that the terrorist forces are in control they will be looking for a lot of revenge. I doubt that any blacks still in Libya will be able to escape.

You'll see the same thing happen to blacks in Libya as we've seen happen to christians in Iraq.

Sometimes brutal dictators are better for minorities than brutal ignorant majority voters.

You weren't stating a fact. You were stating a LIE. WHAT A PHONY YOU ARE!!! Do you think we don't understand the intent of your previous statements, highlighted in BOLD above? How stupid can you be to say something so false in the very same thread. Talk about leaving yourself open for the "Liar of the Year" award!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Okay, I will assume that you are just ignorant. And so lazy you won't look it up yourself.

I'm not ignorant. You're just a bald-faced liar. The "cite" you provided does not say anything about the point I highlighted in your previous statement. You claimed that people were "happy" aboout terrorism and racism in Libya. That's a LIE and you know it.

Of course it isn't. Do Americans think that obama did a good thing in Libya? Are they happy that Gadaffi is dead? Are YOU happy that the "rebels" in Libya won? The democrats and the American left is ALREADY happy that the terrorists in Libya won. This means, as a fact, that those same terrorists are going to commit genocide against whatever black people they find. If the left is happy that terrorists won, they must also be happy that this kind of revenge genocide will take place.

If you think that deliberately not knowing about these killings is a valid excuse, I have to disagree. The news was always out there. The left chose not to see it. Just as you chose not to see it. Now that you know what has happened and what is likely to happen, are you still happy that the terrorists in Libya won?

Marco Rubio was just on FOX. According to him MOST of the credit goes to the British and French forces..

I'm grateful.

Well how about it Republicans?

Let's give some credit to President Obama. Can you imagine actually getting the FRENCH to take a leading role in an international military operation?

You remember....the "Freedom Fry" French who conservatives called cowards for not becoming members of the Coalition of the willing? The ones conservatives claimed were no longer relevant?

You'll see the same thing happen to blacks in Libya as we've seen happen to christians in Iraq.

Sitting here watching Al Jazeera English...live video in Sirte...blacks in crowd firing weapons into the air, part of the celebration...large numbers of folks in Army-Navy store surplus US kevlar helmets and old fashioned US bdu uniforms in desert tan...

Marco Rubio was just on FOX. According to him MOST of the credit goes to the British and French forces..

I'm grateful.

Well how about it Republicans?

Let's give some credit to President Obama. Can you imagine actually getting the FRENCH to take a leading role in an international military operation?

You remember....the "Freedom Fry" French who conservatives called cowards for not becoming members of the Coalition of the willing? The ones conservatives claimed were no longer relevant?

Specifically what did Obama do to bring this about??

That would be like giving credit to a fan for his favorite team winning the world series...

Forum List

Back