ghaddafi is dead thread

Please show me where Obama should get the credit for this, dickspit.

If Obama had not decided to support the rebels in Libya, would Qaddafi be dead?

Considering NATO was involved, and Brittan and France and others were flying support missions, who knows... maybe... maybe not. But giving Obama direct credit for this is ridiculous. He was a supporting actor, just like anyone else not actually part of the Libyan rebel forces.
Gee.......that's not what.....

Okay, I will assume that you are just ignorant. And so lazy you won't look it up yourself.

I'm not ignorant. You're just a bald-faced liar. The "cite" you provided does not say anything about the point I highlighted in your previous statement. You claimed that people were "happy" aboout terrorism and racism in Libya. That's a LIE and you know it.

Of course it isn't. Do Americans think that obama did a good thing in Libya? Are they happy that Gadaffi is dead? Are YOU happy that the "rebels" in Libya won? The democrats and the American left is ALREADY happy that the terrorists in Libya won. This means, as a fact, that those same terrorists are going to commit genocide against whatever black people they find. If the left is happy that terrorists won, they must also be happy that this kind of revenge genocide will take place.

If you think that deliberately not knowing about these killings is a valid excuse, I have to disagree. The news was always out there. The left chose not to see it. Just as you chose not to see it. Now that you know what has happened and what is likely to happen, are you still happy that the terrorists in Libya won?

You Mad!
gadaffi.jpg

Okay, I will assume that you are just ignorant. And so lazy you won't look it up yourself.

I'm not ignorant. You're just a bald-faced liar. The "cite" you provided does not say anything about the point I highlighted in your previous statement. You claimed that people were "happy" aboout terrorism and racism in Libya. That's a LIE and you know it.

Of course it isn't. Do Americans think that obama did a good thing in Libya? Are they happy that Gadaffi is dead? Are YOU happy that the "rebels" in Libya won? The democrats and the American left is ALREADY happy that the terrorists in Libya won. This means, as a fact, that those same terrorists are going to commit genocide against whatever black people they find. If the left is happy that terrorists won, they must also be happy that this kind of revenge genocide will take place.

If you think that deliberately not knowing about these killings is a valid excuse, I have to disagree. The news was always out there. The left chose not to see it. Just as you chose not to see it. Now that you know what has happened and what is likely to happen, are you still happy that the terrorists in Libya won?

I am amazed at how little the right believes in the merits of democracy.

When they couldnt find WMDs or AQ ties in Iraq remember how your team said the real reason was to bring democracy to the people there?

You dont believe in the transforming power of Democracy do you?

Marco Rubio was just on FOX. According to him MOST of the credit goes to the British and French forces..

I'm grateful.

Well how about it Republicans?

Let's give some credit to President Obama. Can you imagine actually getting the FRENCH to take a leading role in an international military operation?

You remember....the "Freedom Fry" French who conservatives called cowards for not becoming members of the Coalition of the willing? The ones conservatives claimed were no longer relevant?

Specifically what did Obama do to bring this about??

That would be like giving credit to a fan for his favorite team winning the world series...

hahahahahahahahah

a few weeks ago you were all calling this Obamas war.

You people dont have a shred of moral left

Let's give some credit to President Obama. Can you imagine actually getting the FRENCH to take a leading role in an international military operation?

You remember....the "Freedom Fry" French who conservatives called cowards for not becoming members of the Coalition of the willing? The ones conservatives claimed were no longer relevant?

That would be like giving credit to a fan for his favorite team winning the world series...

hahahahahahahahah

Please feel free to parse all of my posts here and show where I said any such thing....

Until such time as you do, please refrain from posting anything else

hahahahahahahahah

Please feel free to parse all of my posts here and show where I said any such thing....

Until such time as you do, please refrain from posting anything else

stand by for the patented TM "you're a liar" response in 3...2...1...

Last edited:
It's a bit of a stretch to credit Obama for this one, but have at it. Barry's gonna need all the help he can get in about a year, so if this gets him an extra vote or two it I'm okay with it. Won't be enough but what the heck.

On a related note, with this dirtbag dead it means Gene Simmons takes over the # 1 spot for ugliest male on the planet.

Time to herd some cats

So Republicans....which is it?

Should Obama have allowed Gadhafi to squash the rebels?

Was he right in supporting NATO in protecting the rebels?

Come on boys....you can do it....give us a position

So, in the libtards minds... 'supporting NATO' is the same as "OBAMA GOT QUADAFFI!!!!!!"

Interesting how the mind of a libtard works... or doesn't in this case.
Yeah.....libtards.....that's the issue.....
handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBpfHluJ_64]Republican BS on Obama's Handling of Libya - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52qvzHTNI4]Papantonio: Tripoli -- Republicans Humiliated Again - YouTube[/ame]​

well, saw this on Memorandum.....I saw it at hot air as well and, frankly, I would be just robing their words so I will let them tell it...

first the Times;

2 Top Lawyers Lost to Obama in Libya War Policy Debate

WASHINGTON — President Obama rejected the views of top lawyers at the Pentagon and the Justice Department when he decided that he had the legal authority to continue American military participation in the air war in Libya without Congressional authorization, according to officials familiar with internal administration deliberations.

Jeh C. Johnson, the Pentagon general counsel, and Caroline D. Krass, the acting head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, had told the White House that they believed that the United States military’s activities in the NATO-led air war amounted to “hostilities.” Under the War Powers Resolution, that would have required Mr. Obama to terminate or scale back the mission after May 20.

But Mr. Obama decided instead to adopt the legal analysis of several other senior members of his legal team — including the White House counsel, Robert Bauer, and the State Department legal adviser, Harold H. Koh — who argued that the United States military’s activities fell short of “hostilities.” Under that view, Mr. Obama needed no permission from Congress to continue the mission unchanged.

Presidents have the legal authority to override the legal conclusions of the Office of Legal Counsel and to act in a manner that is contrary to its advice, but it is extraordinarily rare for that to happen. Under normal circumstances, the office’s interpretation of the law is legally binding on the executive branch…

The administration followed an unusual process in developing its position. Traditionally, the Office of Legal Counsel solicits views from different agencies and then decides what the best interpretation of the law is. The attorney general or the president can overrule its views, but rarely do.

In this case, however, Ms. Krass was asked to submit the Office of Legal Counsel’s thoughts in a less formal way to the White House, along with the views of lawyers at other agencies. After several meetings and phone calls, the rival legal analyses were submitted to Mr. Obama, who is a constitutional lawyer, and he made the decision.

more at-
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/18/world/africa/18powers.html?_r=2&hp=&pagewanted=all

comment-
The Times is treating it as the major story that it is, but under a Republican president (especially one named, say, George Bush) it would be a scandal of nuclear proportions. What they’re basically saying here, without actually saying it, is that the president’s own lawyers told him that the Libya war is illegal and he responded by looking around for other lawyers who’d tell him what he wanted to hear.

See what he did here? The OLC is typically called “the president’s law firm” because it’s tasked with advising him on what he can and can’t legally do with his office. They study the law and consult with relevant agencies, and then they make a formal determination to guide his actions. That’s what should have happened here — they likely would have determined that he was violating the War Powers Act, which in turn would have forced him to go to Congress and finally request formal authorization of the mission. (In fact, Johnson, the Pentagon’s counsel, reportedly told Obama he’d be on firmer ground if he stopped the drone strikes, at least. Obama refused.) This time, because he almost certainly knew that they’d tell him that he was in violation, he bypassed the normal procedures to avoid a binding ruling and treated the OLC as if it was just one lawyer among many. He rigged the game because he knew what the probable outcome would be if he didn’t. Disgraceful.

NYT: Obama overruled top Pentagon, DOJ lawyers on Libya war powers « Hot Air
In other words? Obama still thinks he's a King, and can do what the Hell he likes as long as he gets bolstering of the appropriate 'yesmen' despite the fact he knows he's wrong.

I don't think he 'knows he's wrong', I think that he's made the classic mistake of believing his own hype.... he think he's above the law.

:lol:

Marco Rubio was just on FOX. According to him MOST of the credit goes to the British and French forces..

I'm grateful.

11 Naval Ships, a few hundred sorties and a warehouse full of Cruise missiles among other assets.

So you're just going to repeat the same LIES? Who can you quote as being HAPPY that terrorists won? What proof do you have that terrorists will be ruling the country? Simply repeating what's been debunked before, doesn't cut it!!!

11 Naval Ships, a few hundred sorties and a warehouse full of Cruise missiles among other assets.

Not to mention the US intelligence network

I'm grateful.

I've been crediting the French, and the Brits. It's the left that seem to want to grab the credit for the US.

This has got to be the greatest blindside since the Trojan Horse.

Fundamentalist terrorist groups invade Libya, convince the west that they are Libyan "rebels" and gain western support for overthrowing the Libyan government. Faced with a major invasion force, backed up by equipment and air support of his former friends, lacking support from a completely ignorant and apathetic population of goatherders, Gadaffi imports hired mercenaries from Africa.

How could this POSSIBLY end well no matter who won?

Not to mention the US intelligence network

We're working with our Allies on intel. Ya know, like the Brits... and the French. :eek:

Stop taking credit for shit that we did not do. We go great work - but a lot of it we do in partnership with other nations.

I'm grateful.

Why is it the French were willing to cooperate with the Obama administration but found the Bush administration to be repulsive?

This has got to be the greatest blindside since the Trojan Horse.

Fundamentalist terrorist groups invade Libya, convince the west that they are Libyan "rebels" and gain western support for overthrowing the Libyan government. Faced with a major invasion force, backed up by equipment and air support of his former friends, lacking support from a completely ignorant and apathetic population of goatherders, Gadaffi imports hired mercenaries from Africa.

How could this POSSIBLY end well no matter who won?

It's fiiiiiine, just look at Eygpt... it's a beacon of democracy now.... oh wait. No, forget that.

However, Dutch Brig Gen Mark Van Uhm, head of Nato operations in Libya, said he felt Nato was doing well "with the assets we have".

The alliance had been successful in establishing a no-fly zone, protecting civilians and enforcing an arms embargo, he said, speaking at Nato HQ in Brussels

BBC News - Libya: Nato must do more, say France and UK

.S. Navy Growlers provided electronic support while AV-8B Harriers from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit conducted air strikes against Gaddafi's ground forces and air defenses.

Missile strikes launched by the United States and Britain as part of a bid to cripple Libyan air defenses hit 20 of 22 targets, the U.S. military said. The military also said three U.S. stealth bombers took part in airstrikes early Sunday.

U.S. stresses limits to military role in Libya | Reuters

NATO has agreed in principle to take the lead in protecting Libyan civilians, said the top commander of a U.S. mission that also is handing over control of a no-fly zone in the war-torn country.

Gen. Carter Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command, also said on CNN's "The Situation Room" Friday that removing leader Moammar Gadhafi by military means is not the aim of the mission and that the coalition is not arming rebel forces
U.S. commander: Successes, challenges in Libya - CNN

I hate to break the new's to you, but all US Military personnel's chain of command leads to one place and thats to the current person in the White House. So in short, while the President was not directly responsible for his death, he will get some credit for his actions in the Libyan mission.

Why is it the French were willing to cooperate with the Obama administration but found the Bush administration to be repulsive?

The French weren't 'willing to cooperate' with the Obama Administration. It was the French and the Brits who pressurized Obama to cooperate with them.

Twit.

However, Dutch Brig Gen Mark Van Uhm, head of Nato operations in Libya, said he felt Nato was doing well "with the assets we have".

The alliance had been successful in establishing a no-fly zone, protecting civilians and enforcing an arms embargo, he said, speaking at Nato HQ in Brussels

BBC News - Libya: Nato must do more, say France and UK

.S. Navy Growlers provided electronic support while AV-8B Harriers from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit conducted air strikes against Gaddafi's ground forces and air defenses.

Missile strikes launched by the United States and Britain as part of a bid to cripple Libyan air defenses hit 20 of 22 targets, the U.S. military said. The military also said three U.S. stealth bombers took part in airstrikes early Sunday.

U.S. stresses limits to military role in Libya | Reuters

NATO has agreed in principle to take the lead in protecting Libyan civilians, said the top commander of a U.S. mission that also is handing over control of a no-fly zone in the war-torn country.

Gen. Carter Ham, commander of U.S. Africa Command, also said on CNN's "The Situation Room" Friday that removing leader Moammar Gadhafi by military means is not the aim of the mission and that the coalition is not arming rebel forces
U.S. commander: Successes, challenges in Libya - CNN

I hate to break the new's to you, but all US Military personnel's chain of command leads to one place and thats to the current person in the White House. So in short, while the President was not directly responsible for his death, he will get some credit for his actions in the Libyan mission.
:eusa_hand:

You commie, you.

Forum List

Back