Ginsburg and Civil War

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
I heard of a poll that just came out stating that 31% of people surveyed believes that we are on the brink of another civil war. While I don't believe that for a minute, that concern doesn't surprise me with the hatred of Trump spewed by the MSM on a daily basis.

Civil war would mean a lot of deaths, and while leftists are extremely violent people, I just can't see it.

The announcement today of Kennedy leaving the court to spend the rest of his days fishing has probably made record alcohol sales in liberal cities and states, I still don't see the left getting violent enough to start this war. However..........

Would this be more of a reality if something happened to Justice Ginsburg? She is an elderly lady and certainly more prone to illness or death than any other Justice; not that I'm hoping for such a thing. But would such an unfortunate incident make this so-called civil war more of a reality in the US?

The media is a mind controlling machine. Another new poll came out that said 51% approve of the Trump economy. My only question was, WTF are these other 49% that think the economy isn't doing great? Brainwashing media.

It would be great if Trump could place four Justices in his two terms. Hes' on his second one now, Ginzburg is going to go, she is impeachable now already, and Sotomayor hopefully goes.

Trump placing two more strict constituionalist's would be awesome.. And the left would go insane!
They've really done a number on you guys in convincing you those conservatives are constitultionalists. Again...the right leaning justices also partake in judicial activism including Scalia. They are fine with going beyond the constitution when it suits their ideological agenda.

I don't worry much about a true civil war, but I do think it's possible we could see more attacks on Repub pols, perhaps deadly ones. There's a lot of hate out there and a lot of crazies. And Ginsburg (85) isn't the only older person on the Court, Alito is 68, Thomas is 70, and Breyer is 79. You never know....

I heard of a poll that just came out stating that 31% of people surveyed believes that we are on the brink of another civil war. While I don't believe that for a minute, that concern doesn't surprise me with the hatred of Trump spewed by the MSM on a daily basis.

Civil war would mean a lot of deaths, and while leftists are extremely violent people, I just can't see it.

The announcement today of Kennedy leaving the court to spend the rest of his days fishing has probably made record alcohol sales in liberal cities and states, I still don't see the left getting violent enough to start this war. However..........

Would this be more of a reality if something happened to Justice Ginsburg? She is an elderly lady and certainly more prone to illness or death than any other Justice; not that I'm hoping for such a thing. But would such an unfortunate incident make this so-called civil war more of a reality in the US?

The media is a mind controlling machine. Another new poll came out that said 51% approve of the Trump economy. My only question was, WTF are these other 49% that think the economy isn't doing great? Brainwashing media.
The followup question after reading the OP would be, what would the progressive left fight this war with? It seems more than a few of them abhor guns, are somehow scared of them it seems... I duno?

In other words, "brown people are the enemy", then "anyone who doesnt fall in line with that are also the enemy".

This is exactly what Putin wants. A divided USA is a weaker USA.

Seems like that's what the right wants. How foolish ...

I'll tell you what; we might be in for a good ol' fashioned revolution, if the wealth disparity continues the way it has been.

I

Maybe they work for nail manufacturers or Harley Davidson?

Or are soy bean farmers?

In other words, "brown people are the enemy", then "anyone who doesnt fall in line with that are also the enemy".

Looks to Me that you are giving him exactly what he wants.

Trump placing two more strict constituionalist's would be awesome.. And the left would go insane!
They've really done a number on you guys in convincing you those conservatives are constitultionalists. Again...the right leaning justices also partake in judicial activism including Scalia. They are fine with going beyond the constitution when it suits their ideological agenda.

A number ?

They are closer to constitutionalists than people like Kagen.

Chuck Schumer is full of shit.

I

Maybe they work for nail manufacturers or Harley Davidson?

Or are soy bean farmers?

It's polls like that one that give me huge doubts about polls in the first place. Even a 70% approval would have me scratching my head.

Seems like that's what the right wants. How foolish ...

I'll tell you what; we might be in for a good ol' fashioned revolution, if the wealth disparity continues the way it has been.

And so what's the solution to stop this revolution, take money away from the rich and give it to the poor? People can do that today, it's just that they don't bother. Quit giving the rich your money. You, I and everybody here transfer our wealth to the top every single week.

Well.......whites are the enemy of the Democrat party, so why not balance things out?

The followup question after reading the OP would be, what would the progressive left fight this war with? It seems more than a few of them abhor guns, are somehow scared of them it seems... I duno?

You know the left. When they get mad, they burn down their own towns. Then we would have to go there and rebuild. Good for the economy though..........

It would be great if Trump could place four Justices in his two terms. Hes' on his second one now, Ginzburg is going to go, she is impeachable now already, and Sotomayor hopefully goes.

Not a chance Sotomayor goes unless she is so outnumbered she gets aggravated and retires. That is a slight possibility although she would be hated by Democrats for the rest of her life.

As much as some Americans and foreign cinephiles fantasize about a second shooting US civil war, my money remains on any drastic domestic power changes going down behind the scenes. Most Americans still don't realize just how close we came to military coup prior to the 2016 election. That said we should all pray for no nationwide civil conflict while accepting the cold steel truth that any shooting war on US soil would essentially end day to day life as we know it. Think about it. Who could you trust in such an event? Your neighbor? The Dunkin's owner down the street? Your priest or pastor? Who would deliver produce to your Wal Marts and Giants? What about fuel deliveries to mini marts and shipments of prescription meds?

Still, its mostly just MSM hype. The other side is not taking Kennedy departure to well but open revolt over a Ginsberg loss? Don't really see her as powder keg material and in addition to federal government infrastructure we are protected by state, county and local civic governments should one or more layers fail. Overall I think we could see rioting, 60's flavor bombings and sporadic targeted domestic terrorism, but the odds of a free for all are very low. We Americans love our day to day normality so it behooves us all to preserve it democratically.

If ginsberg goes while Trump is President......Trump and his family had better be well protected, the left is going to go insane.....

I don't worry much about a true civil war, but I do think it's possible we could see more attacks on Repub pols, perhaps deadly ones. There's a lot of hate out there and a lot of crazies. And Ginsburg (85) isn't the only older person on the Court, Alito is 68, Thomas is 70, and Breyer is 79. You never know....

Ginsberg could die at any moment. She is 85 and claimed to be in ill health. She is of course a hardened leftist and her greatest fear is Trump replacing her. I suspect she hangs on until her last breath.

You won't find a more pro-baby murder justice in the entire world.

"Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of." Nice Ruthie....

Forum List

Back