"God" is a tyrant.

I'm not the one who mindlessly accepts the tyranny of a God who bullied you believing you needed forgiveness for being the way you were created.

Except, Jesus did not proclaim we need forgiveness. He taught we are forgiven.

You validate you know nothing about what you rant about. Jesus and our sins has everything to do with it.
So, I need do nothing but live a virtuous life to gp tp the Good Place. Well, that is good to know.
Except you will sin at least ten times before sunset.

People who really think God sent Jesus to take our punishment do their best to not sin. But because we are human we still do it all of the time. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

You don't want the offer, don't take it. No sweat off my back.
And why is that? Because the game is rigged.
16730507_1265481436863282_5369045198110158763_n.jpg
Not my problem you refuse to accept Jesus and prefer to be a mindless robot with no free will.
I'm not the one who mindlessly accepts the tyranny of a God who bullied you believing you needed forgiveness for being the way you were created.
Oh really? Do tell me what I have lost by doing so.
I will tell you what I have gained.

Except, Jesus did not proclaim we need forgiveness. He taught we are forgiven.
Can you be forgiven for something without first needing to be forgiven for something? I didn't know it worked that way...

So, I need do nothing but live a virtuous life to gp tp the Good Place. Well, that is good to know.

People who really think God sent Jesus to take our punishment do their best to not sin. But because we are human we still do it all of the time. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Not my problem you refuse to accept Jesus and prefer to be a mindless robot with no free will.
I don't care what you think you have gained. What you have lost is your reason, and logic. You have given it over to fantasy, and emotion.

I don't care what you think you have gained. What you have lost is your reason, and logic. You have given it over to fantasy, and emotion.
So you can't think of anything I have lost and you want to play ignorant as to the life improving advantages.

You're just a troll or someone mentally unstable.

Can you be forgiven for something without first needing to be forgiven for something? I didn't know it worked that way...

Go back to the Jewish culture of Jesus' day. For one's sins to be forgiven, they had to make a sin offering. This posed a problem in Jesus' day because so many people were dirt poor and could barely feed their family let along afford sin offerings.

Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Turn from sin, to God. That is all it takes for sins to be forgiven. This message became very unpopular with Temple authorities because they relied on sin offerings to help fund the Temple and the priests. Rather than cease and desist with the message, Jesus went to the cross. Jesus obviously thought it was worth his life to inform all their sins are forgiven. All that is needed is simple repentance.

So you can't think of anything I have lost and you want to play ignorant as to the life improving advantages.

What's sad is that you consider your ability to think, and reason rationally is "nothing". That you have been brainwashed to believe that the ability to have independent rational thought is "nothing" is sad. You have acknowledged that your God is a bully, and you do not care. You have acknowledged that reason, and logic are "nothing" to you. You are dismissed.

Go back to the Jewish culture of Jesus' day. For one's sins to be forgiven, they had to make a sin offering. This posed a problem in Jesus' day because so many people were dirt poor and could barely feed their family let along afford sin offerings.

Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Turn from sin, to God. That is all it takes for sins to be forgiven. This message became very unpopular with Temple authorities because they relied on sin offerings to help fund the Temple and the priests. Rather than cease and desist with the message, Jesus went to the cross. Jesus obviously thought it was worth his life to inform all their sins are forgiven. All that is needed is simple repentance.
You are missing the point. To ask for forgiveness, is to, first acknowledge that forgiveness is needed. To proclaim one is forgiven, is to acknowledge that one, first, needed forgiveness. You want to concentrate on the method by which that forgiveness is achieved. You are missing the point that I take issue with the very notion that I need forgiveness for anything.

What's sad is that you consider your ability to think, and reason rationally is "nothing". That you have been brainwashed to believe that the ability to have independent rational thought is "nothing" is sad. You have acknowledged that your God is a bully, and you do not care. You have acknowledged that reason, and logic are "nothing" to you. You are dismissed.
:trolls:

:trolls:
Buh bye.

You are missing the point. To ask for forgiveness, is to, first acknowledge that forgiveness is needed. To proclaim one is forgiven, is to acknowledge that one, first, needed forgiveness. You want to concentrate on the method by which that forgiveness is achieved. You are missing the point that I take issue with the very notion that I need forgiveness for anything.

No, I don't believe I am missing the point, but we may very well be talking past each other. For example, what is it you need forgiveness for? And who from?

No, I don't believe I am missing the point, but we may very well be talking past each other. For example, what is it you need forgiveness for? And who from?

That's rather, exactly my question. I do not believe that I need to be forgiven for anything from anyone. You, and all of the other Christians seem to think I do, as you are so thrilled that Jesus proclaimed me forgiven. Forgiven for what? By whom?

That's rather, exactly my question. I do not believe that I need to be forgiven for anything from anyone. You, and all of the other Christians seem to think I do, as you are so thrilled that Jesus proclaimed me forgiven. Forgiven for what? By whom?

Sin means "Missing the mark," or the ideal. Jesus said, "Sins are forgiven." These sins are forgiven by God. If you have committed no sin and have reached the ideal every time--or, you don't believe in God--then obviously this does not apply to you.

Sin means "Missing the mark," or the ideal. Jesus said, "Sins are forgiven." These sins are forgiven by God. If you have committed no sin and have reached the ideal every time--or, you don't believe in God--then obviously this does not apply to you.
Again, your position appears to be unique - at, at the very least, novel - in this. I would direct you to the responses of both ding, and weatherman2020 during just this discussion as examples of the more common position that I encounter among Christians.

Again, your position appears to be unique - at, at the very least, novel - in this. I would direct you to the responses of both ding, and weatherman2020 during just this discussion as examples of the more common position that I encounter among Christians.
Shrug. I don't expect atheists to follow religious beliefs and practices.

Jesus taught that we should aim for perfection just as his Heavenly Father is perfect. If a person doesn't believe in God or religion--or even perfection--then these words will be meaningless to them.

As for me, I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. That means evaluating my day and my actions--or lack thereof. Through my own fault, where have I failed? Where might I have succeeded? What is my next step?

I know God loves and cares for us. I want to return that love and care, so I work at it. It matters very much to me. That doesn't mean it has to matter to you as well.

Shrug. I don't expect atheists to follow religious beliefs and practices.

Jesus taught that we should aim for perfection just as his Heavenly Father is perfect. If a person doesn't believe in God or religion--or even perfection--then these words will be meaningless to them.

As for me, I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. That means evaluating my day and my actions--or lack thereof. Through my own fault, where have I failed? Where might I have succeeded? What is my next step?

I know God loves and cares for us. I want to return that love and care, so I work at it. It matters very much to me. That doesn't mean it has to matter to you as well.
Okay, and this sounds like a perfectly reasonable philosophy for life, no God necessary. I mean, it rather goes along with what I always say:
Asshole_zpszijwwyjm.jpg

Okay, and this sounds like a perfectly reasonable philosophy for life, no God necessary. I mean, it rather goes along with what I always say:

We differ on the wording. Some of us do see the necessity of God in our lives. I think what you may be saying is, "I don't want God in my life/existence." The good news is that God will not force Himself on you.

As for me, I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on that. I look forward to what is next.

This Troll's thread is merely an excuse to trash Christianity. That's all it is.

When I read the hateful and blasphemous comments toward Christianity like we see in this thread I take great comfort in knowing that at the end of our lives on Earth, I will be in paradise while they will be in Hell.

Forum List

Back