good ideas don't require government force

I cannot agree with the title of the thread.

It is a good idea for companies not to dump toxic chemical into our water supply, but it took government force to stop it from happening.

It is a good idea not to rob a bank, but what outside of government force stops anyone from doing so?

That's because government owns the waterways. If you allow people to dump sewage onto your property, then you got no one to blame but yourself. A libertarian would know that.

Your post is more proof that you are no libertarian.

What is too keep someone from dumping sewage on to my property if not the threat of legal action or the threat of death from me, which would result in legal action being taken against me.

What keeps a bank from keeping your money and not giving it back to you when you ask for it?

You are clueless as to what libertarians believe, you confuse us with anarchist, which is not the case.

But, you are basically a clueless person on all fronts, so this is no surprise.

the smallest minority in the world is the individual. those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

Good ideas don't require government force?

Okay lets work on that

Are traffic lights a good idea or bad idea?

Do they require the threat of enforcement to work?
They don't require government force. Private roads can have traffic lights, and they don't require police to enforce.

Really? You really want to go there? You really want to live in a city where no one enforces traffic lights or stop lights?

You must like living dangerously.

Yep- Brip thinks it is perfectly okay for a company to contaminate a region's water supply with poison- because we as individuals can take personal action- somehow to stop that.

Just like Brip thinks its perfectly okay for a company to fill the air with pollution and deadly chemicals- because we as individuals can take personal actions- somehow to stop BP.

the smallest minority in the world is the individual. those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

Okay lets work on that

They don't require government force. Private roads can have traffic lights, and they don't require police to enforce.

Really? You really want to go there? You really want to live in a city where no one enforces traffic lights or stop lights?

The owner of the roads enforces them, dumbass. It doesn't require government.

Yep- Brip thinks it is perfectly okay for a company to contaminate a region's water supply with poison- because we as individuals can take personal action- somehow to stop that.

Just like Brip thinks its perfectly okay for a company to fill the air with pollution and deadly chemicals- because we as individuals can take personal actions- somehow to stop BP.
You don't have a fucking clue what I think. You're posting lefting characatures of what libertarians believe. They have nothing to do with reality.

You have no rights as an individual. You dont even have permission to use the law without a licence.
Only individuals have rights, moron. The concept of rights makes no sense when applied to groups. A group has rights only in the sense that the individuals within the group have rights.

Of course, you haven't got the slightest clue what a right actually is. You believe a right is whatever the government says it is.
Learn to comprehend what your are reading, simple concept yet you lack the experience.

Okay lets work on that

How do they enforce them?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You have no rights as an individual. You dont even have permission to use the law without a licence.
Only individuals have rights, moron. The concept of rights makes no sense when applied to groups. A group has rights only in the sense that the individuals within the group have rights.

Of course, you haven't got the slightest clue what a right actually is. You believe a right is whatever the government says it is.
Learn to comprehend what your are reading, simple concept yet you lack the experience.
Learn logic. The government doesn't determine what your rights are. It only determines which ones it will defend or violate. The concept of "group rights" is an oxymoron.

Obviously you don't understand what a right is. Otherwise you could explain why I'm wrong. Instead you resort to the old snowflake standby of making personal attacks.

Okay lets work on that

He refuses to allow you do use them if you don't follow his rules.

Okay lets work on that

And if I tell him to pound sand and drive on it anyway?

Here's to Government--the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
:beer:

And it shouldn't be. That's why we need a Constitution that constrains government to legitimate uses. Government should focus on maximally protecting individual rights rather than controlling society.

I cannot agree with the title of the thread.

It is a good idea for companies not to dump toxic chemical into our water supply, but it took government force to stop it from happening.

It is a good idea not to rob a bank, but what outside of government force stops anyone from doing so?

I suspect the OP is talking about the various "social engineering" goals that people are so eager to assign to government. Some people seem to think that if their goals for society are "good" then anything - including government force - is acceptable in pursing them.

And if I tell him to pound sand and drive on it anyway?

You'll be looking down the business end of a shotgun. Companies that own roads will probably have their own enforcement division.

What you're deviously trying to get at is your belief that police will have to get involved. If the road owner doesn't provide his own enforcement, then that may be the case. However, that doesn't equate to government regulation. That's just enforcement of the owner's property rights.

Forum List

Back