Goodbye to bad theology - Workers quietly remove Ten Commandments from Oklahoma Capitol

A sad day in America, another sure sign of our decline.
The sad day was when the damn thing was installed. Learn what it means to live in a secular nation, where your faith doesn't get to just shit on all the rest just because you're in the majority.

Well, since you're the OP, it would appear to me that it is YOU who is attempting to impose YOUR views on others. It appears things of a religious nature really bother you. Why? I have seen no one on this thread attempt to impose any views upon you. Can't others besides yourself have opinions and views of their own?
How is it imposing one's views on others by not allowing those others to put their religious codes on government property?

Here's a good rule of thumb to check appropriateness......Would it be JUST AS acceptable to put a monument with Islam's Five Pillars of Faith or Buddhism's EIghtfold Path in front of that same government building? If the answer is yes....go for it. If the answer is no, give it a pass.

Didn't they TAKE IT DOWN? You're still NOT satisfied? May I inquire of you how old you are? Would it ruffle your sensitivities to know that I drive a Nissan Titan while you choose to drive some other make and model? I think you protest too much.
What the heck are you crying about now?

I'm not the one crying. It's YOUR OP. Try following the thread.

The sad day was when the damn thing was installed. Learn what it means to live in a secular nation, where your faith doesn't get to just shit on all the rest just because you're in the majority.

Well, since you're the OP, it would appear to me that it is YOU who is attempting to impose YOUR views on others. It appears things of a religious nature really bother you. Why? I have seen no one on this thread attempt to impose any views upon you. Can't others besides yourself have opinions and views of their own?
How is it imposing one's views on others by not allowing those others to put their religious codes on government property?

Here's a good rule of thumb to check appropriateness......Would it be JUST AS acceptable to put a monument with Islam's Five Pillars of Faith or Buddhism's EIghtfold Path in front of that same government building? If the answer is yes....go for it. If the answer is no, give it a pass.

Didn't they TAKE IT DOWN? You're still NOT satisfied? May I inquire of you how old you are? Would it ruffle your sensitivities to know that I drive a Nissan Titan while you choose to drive some other make and model? I think you protest too much.

Er....no. It isn't my OP....I didn't start this thread. So....why are you crying? The system worked. The city tried to pull a fast one and got caught and the land wasn't sold illegally.

Some people are not going to be satisfied until they bring their church into everyone else's life 24/7, whether they like it or not. This is why it was illegal to open any store on Sunday when I grew up in the South, except gas stations, pharmacy, or food stores.

Fortunately, these days are over.

And the other side will not be happy until religious expressions are forced behind closed, locked doors.

Locked? Don't be silly. You can even open the door if the tax free facility you are in doesn't have air conditioning.

Does this post have a point?

Yes, Marty. It does.

You are not being forced behind closed, locked doors. You can do all the worship you want right on the street. Wear your religious symbols.......put your wife in a burka.....put little fishy bumber stickers on your pick up. Nobody gives a rats ass.

But....you may not use any publicly funded property or institution to advertise your faith. This is a SECULAR nation. We do not have A god in charge.

You, being a victim, think my telling you this is an attack on your faith and an infringement on your rights. THE OPPOSITE is true. I have a right......where government is concerned.....to be free of your faith. It is not welcome.

The fact that your god is on my money.....and in my pledge.....is bullshit and an infringement on my rights. How about you trying a little empathy.

You know..................back when those tablets were first installed, I was okay with it and thought it might even be a good idea.

Since then? I've seen how the Christians have stated there is a war on their religion and have gone way overboard in their perceived slights.

Now? I'm glad it's being taken down. No religion should be held higher than any other religion on federal and state owned property.

Keep that crap out of the public square unless everyone gets their own place or it's temporary. TY...

"OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A granite monument of the Ten Commandments that has sparked controversy since its installation on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds was being removed late Monday and will be transported to a private conservative think tank for storage.

A contractor the state hired began removing the monument shortly after 10:30 p.m. The works comes after the Oklahoma Supreme Court's decision in June that the display violates a state constitutional prohibition on the use of public property to support "any sect, church, denomination or system of religion."
Workers quietly remove Ten Commandments from Oklahoma Capitol

Thank you! Sorry I didn't see your thread before I posted a duplicate.

Keep that crap out of the public square unless everyone gets their own place or it's temporary. TY...

"OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A granite monument of the Ten Commandments that has sparked controversy since its installation on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds was being removed late Monday and will be transported to a private conservative think tank for storage.

A contractor the state hired began removing the monument shortly after 10:30 p.m. The works comes after the Oklahoma Supreme Court's decision in June that the display violates a state constitutional prohibition on the use of public property to support "any sect, church, denomination or system of religion."

Strange how some of our laws closely mimic the Ten Commandments. Wonder why. Could it be that they actually make sense as an everyday guideline for society to follow?
Strange on how MOST of the Ten Commandments would be unConstitutional if codified in secular law.....and that others can be seen in other cultures all over the world and are not singular to the Judeo-Christian faith.
true

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Just a sobering side-bar to this thread's right wing posters....

First, the 10 commandments are Old Testament which, theoretically does NOT make them "Christian"

Second, the (I believe) second commandment states, "You shall not make idols" which would make churches' statutes and that marble pillar in front of the courthouse a bit ANTI-commandments.

Last edited:

Er....no. It isn't my OP....I didn't start this thread. So....why are you crying? The system worked. The city tried to pull a fast one and got caught and the land wasn't sold illegally.

So? As long as it ain't my city, I don't have a problem with it.

Just a sobering side-bar to this thread's right wing posters....

First, the 10 commandments are Old Testament which, theoretically does NOT make them "Christian"

Second, the (I believe) second commandment states, "You shall not make idols" which would make churches' statutes and that marble pillar in front of the courthouse a bit ANTI-commandments.

And somehow that bothers you? Why? Do you own these churches you speak of?

Thank you! Sorry I didn't see your thread before I posted a duplicate.

I don't find the Redskins name offensive. It doesn't effect me one way or another. I'm an adult.

You know..................back when those tablets were first installed, I was okay with it and thought it might even be a good idea.

Since then? I've seen how the Christians have stated there is a war on their religion and have gone way overboard in their perceived slights.

Now? I'm glad it's being taken down. No religion should be held higher than any other religion on federal and state owned property.

Then what's your bitch?

Some people are not going to be satisfied until they bring their church into everyone else's life 24/7, whether they like it or not. This is why it was illegal to open any store on Sunday when I grew up in the South, except gas stations, pharmacy, or food stores.

And the other side will not be happy until religious expressions are forced behind closed, locked doors.

Locked? Don't be silly. You can even open the door if the tax free facility you are in doesn't have air conditioning.

Yes, Marty. It does.

You are not being forced behind closed, locked doors. You can do all the worship you want right on the street. Wear your religious symbols.......put your wife in a burka.....put little fishy bumber stickers on your pick up. Nobody gives a rats ass.

But....you may not use any publicly funded property or institution to advertise your faith. This is a SECULAR nation. We do not have A god in charge.

You, being a victim, think my telling you this is an attack on your faith and an infringement on your rights. THE OPPOSITE is true. I have a right......where government is concerned.....to be free of your faith. It is not welcome.

The fact that your god is on my money.....and in my pledge.....is bullshit and an infringement on my rights. How about you trying a little empathy.

Oh golly gee. The widdle boy is throwing a tantrum because he thinks someone got a bigger piece of the candy bar than he did.

Yes, Marty. It does.

Oh golly gee. The widdle boy is throwing a tantrum because he thinks someone got a bigger piece of the candy bar than he did.

Who are you? Are you somebody?

The foundation of Judeo-Christian Theology, the very same that founded this Nation, is now "Bad Theology"

Do you see now why we're so fucked as a nation? Why our best days are long behind us?

The Creator has always had an up and down relationship with his people and it's always directly proportionate to our ability to acknowledge that we were in fact Created.
Judeo-Christian Theology did not found this Nation....it was Enlightenment ideas that broke away from judeo-christian thinking, along with Free Masonry concepts that founded this Nation.

So? Who cares? It was founded though and that's what really counts. I'll bet you are eaten up with hypertension. You let everything be an issue with you.

Forum List

Back