GOP farm bill is a disaster! cuts 23 billion dollars in food assistance to low income children

If the parents of these low income children simply cut out the cigarettes, lottery tickets, booze, and tattoos -these children would have plenty of food. Shame on them.
Shame on you for talking in stereotypes. IF is a pretty big word, and IF you think you can dictate how these low income folks live their lives and spend their money, go for it. I think you might find it difficult. In the meantime, their kids aren't getting the groceries they need for healthy brain development and sturdy bones, etc. Malnutrition is absolutely unforgivable in this nation. Yes, I agree that we need to make a serious effort to get some folks off perpetual welfare; that starts by making sure the current children living in poverty have the best start we can give them. THAT is what changes the situation, eventually. There is no overnight magic wand solution.

I don't care how they live their lives.

You need to develop critical thinking skills.

You're falling prey to emotional blackmail. boo hooo...."those poor children!"
If the parents of these low income children simply cut out the cigarettes, lottery tickets, booze, and tattoos -these children would have plenty of food. Shame on them
You don't care how they live their lives, you just want to tell them what choices to make and what to spend their money on, am I right?
It isn't emotional blackmail to want children to have a decent diet in their early years. It is actually a good investment. It's proven science.
Nobody cares how low-come people spend their money unless their spending is subsidized by the taxpayers money. We shouldn't be feeding them so they can spend their money for malt liquor and crack.

Damn six year olds, fuckin' lazy freeloaders, they need to apply for charity or shut the fuck up.

So, it is your responsibility to stop a baby in the womb from being killed but once it is born it is not your responsibility to keep it from starving.

How convenient for you, one requires no effort at all on your part

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How more convenient is it to conceive a child and then kill it because you don't want to be bothered with it or expect somebody else to pay for the child's welfare?

We get it. You're not pro-life. You're anti-woman.

That is funny coming from a Moon Bat that advocates killing a half million American females each year.

Embrace who you are. Anti-woman and anti-child. Pro-fetus and anti-choice.

I don't advocate killing a half million American females each year but you do.

My wife and I participated in a church mission to council women to not have abortions. That was saving women's lives.

What do you do?

I advocate for women having the right to choose and programs to ensure children are adequately fed and cared for despite what "Christians" such as yourself want to do to them.

You're early, you obviously haven't followed my instructions. Get to work.
Take your pills as prescribed
Still not doing your studying.
I have three kids in college turd

Doubtful. Those are "liberal indoctrination centers".
Can you name a GOP president who did not go to a university or college

lol

Can you named a democrat president who colluded with the Russians?

This is fun, what else ya got?

If the parents of these low income children simply cut out the cigarettes, lottery tickets, booze, and tattoos -these children would have plenty of food. Shame on them.
Shame on you for talking in stereotypes. IF is a pretty big word, and IF you think you can dictate how these low income folks live their lives and spend their money, go for it. I think you might find it difficult. In the meantime, their kids aren't getting the groceries they need for healthy brain development and sturdy bones, etc. Malnutrition is absolutely unforgivable in this nation. Yes, I agree that we need to make a serious effort to get some folks off perpetual welfare; that starts by making sure the current children living in poverty have the best start we can give them. THAT is what changes the situation, eventually. There is no overnight magic wand solution.

Can she name these children, even one of them
Why don't we start with the names of your children, Rosy?
What kind of comment was that, anyway?
My kids are well fed, can you name even one child who will not eat because of trump

nope, thus you stand corrected old maid...

why did you never have kids, did you abort them?
LOL Shut up, troll. My granddaughter graduates high school next month. I've worked with low income families for years in various capacities, and I've met plenty of kids who were ravenous when they got to school for their free breakfast and lunch. Summers, they're not so lucky. Our state has already instituted the restrictions that are in the Ag bill this thread is discussing, so it won't have any additional effect here. But yeah, there are plenty of hungry kids out there, and I've met a bunch of them. Sometimes their parents too. I've had students that I've casually "fed" by bringing "snacks" and extra sandwiches when I wasn't hungry in the least. And they inhale it.

Read you loud and clear. "Once they are born we don't care if they starve or not". Got it. Not sure why you keep repeating it.

Read my lips Moon Bat "It is your responsibility to provide for the welfare of your child, not mine".

Is that too difficult of a concept for you to understand?
Not difficult at all. I understand perfectly. "Once they are born just let the kids starve, we don't care". Simple. Jot Jot why you keep repeating it.

You need to repeat this:

"It is my responsibility to provide for the welfare of my children"
My kids are fine, we aren't talking about them.

Are they on welfare rolls?
My kids are fine, they aren't the subject.

Here's the conundrum... I think bringing children into this world that you cannot afford to support is a disgrace and borders on neglect. Now, with that being said, we certainly can't hold the child accountable by not making sure they at least have the basics.

However, this should n't absolve the parents of any requirements of them to get the help.

This is one of the many issues on which fundamentalist libertarian thinking makes people look just awful.

As a society, we make decisions on who we should help as a group. Children who are poor and undernourished through no fault of their own would be an example.

So we help. Even if the help isn't perfectly efficient. Even if systems don't always work the way they should. We just do it.

One of the many nasty symptoms of commitment to an ideology is an intellectual paralysis that robs the afflicted of a connection with fundamental human nature.

It's the attitude of "we just help no questions asked" is how so many came to easily abuse these programs. Then when the discussion comes up, it's always the dichotomy between those who are against the abusers and those who are for helping the real poor.

Most of the states that cut down their food stamp role did so with people who didn't even have children. In states like Maine, they created requirements that made most people drop out of the program and not one child harmed.

So this joker brings up children when it's likely that states who see a reduction in their grants will not even include children. It's just a way to tug at the hearts of Americans so they get their way.
That's one of the problems with the ends of the spectrum - we just knee-jerk to or against virtually every issue, not listening to, considering, or giving an inch to the other side.

We should be better than this, don't you think? Who is the first to be the adult in the room?

Here is the problem:

We on the right are all for helping out the truly needy. But I stress the word "truly." We would like to see people get off of welfare instead of on.

On the left, the more government dependents, the better; the more likely Democrat voters. So they have no interest in getting people off of these programs. When they get in power, let anybody who wants to get on these programs get on them.

So when we talk about the so-called poor, we are talking about a mixture of people who need assistance and people who are on assistance because they got on so easily and really don't need it.

The solution to the problem of course would be if we only put the truly need on them, but Democrats would never go for that. It works against their political goals.
My Judgemental here is a freaking expert.

Did you knov there are zero Republicans on welfare, food stamps etc. Nope, not a one. Just because Red States lead the pack in government money grubbing does not mean anything. I can hop over the mountain into a county that is one of the most Republican in the State of Pennsylvania ans see lots of people on government assistance.

TanF is a program designed to get people on their own. Most people leave the program through employment. So quit lying about this all the time.

You people want a low minimum wage & when people work those jobs they still need help. That is subsidizing corporrations, your favorite way to spend money.

The fact is you don't know shit why people need help. You are just a selfish little shit.

When I was growing up it was school bullies that went after kids’ lunch money, it wasn’t the Congress. This is shameful.

Unemployment is under 4% why do we need it?

Yet another Conservative dick who would take food away from children as they hand out millions to people like Donald Trump.

Children will still get food.

Beg for it? How? How will they get food?

Food stamps and welfare are slave traps. They are the democrats' modern version of big game pits.

It is also the means by which the left infiltrates our rural communities and schools.

End it. I would love to see the entire USDA go..or at least be pruned back to the root.

I have to disagree. I grew up poor, single mother of 5, we ate government cheese and powdered government milk. My mom worked full time while raising us and did the best she could with some help from the government on rent and food. She eventually earned a college degree going to school part time, took her like 8-10 years but she did it.

Do some defraud and abuse government assistance programs absolutely, but I hate to see people broad brushing everyone on assistance as drug addicts, alcoholics, or lazy because that is not true.

Our backgrounds sound very similar.
My mother worked up to 3 jobs at a time also went to school, raised 4 kids. She didn't use welfare, however...and we would have qualified.

The USDA is a monstrous, bloated and unnecessary racket. They engage dependent families and then they use that to justify every land and money grab those criminals in office decide to cook up.

The USDA is in control of the foodstamp program, multiple farm programs, and the USFS.

It's a racket, it needs to end. Cut off all these ridiculous rackets. We will manage to feed the kids...btw forcing Oregonian snap recipients to participate in job programs has resulted in our foodstamp numbers to drop precipitously. People will find work when they have to. I promise. And the truly desperate ones will continue to be helped. Our communities are not going to stand by and allow children in their communities to starve.

Here's the conundrum... I think bringing children into this world that you cannot afford to support is a disgrace and borders on neglect. Now, with that being said, we certainly can't hold the child accountable by not making sure they at least have the basics.

However, this should n't absolve the parents of any requirements of them to get the help.
We now will have to get a license to have children. If you don't make enough, you are not allowed?

And certainly, no one ever loses a jnb, gets a long term illness, etc. I guess if that happens they have to turn their kids in to the government?

We now will have to get a license to have children. If you don't make enough, you are not allowed?

And certainly, no one ever loses a jnb, gets a long term illness, etc. I guess if that happens they have to turn their kids in to the government?

That's not what I said... I'm talking about people that bring children into this world knowing they can't afford them.

Food stamps and welfare are slave traps. They are the democrats' modern version of big game pits.

It is also the means by which the left infiltrates our rural communities and schools.

End it. I would love to see the entire USDA go..or at least be pruned back to the root.
'

I have to disagree. I grew up poor, single mother of 5, we ate government cheese and powdered government milk. My mom worked full time while raising us and did the best she could with some help from the government on rent and food. She eventually earned a college degree going to school part time, took her like 8-10 years but she did it.

Do some defraud and abuse government assistance programs absolutely, but I hate to see people broad brushing everyone on assistance as drug addicts, alcoholics, or lazy because that is not true.

My mother worked up to 3 jobs at a time also went to school, raised 4 kids. She didn't use welfare, however...and we would have qualified.

The USDA is a monstrous, bloated and unnecessary racket. They engage dependent families and then they use that to justify every land and money grab those criminals in office decide to cook up.

The USDA is in control of the foodstamp program, multiple farm programs, and the USFS.

It's a racket, it needs to end. Cut off all these ridiculous rackets. We will manage to feed the kids...btw forcing Oregonian snap recipients to participate in job programs has resulted in our foodstamp numbers to drop precipitously. People will find work when they have to. I promise. And the truly desperate ones will continue to be helped. Our communities are not going to stand by and allow children in their communities to starve.

Evidently your community is NOT the Republican Party. The government efforts were put in place by the communities. By their elected representatives.

True welfare is temporary & already requires efforts to gain employment. I wish you people would get better informed.

This is one of the many issues on which fundamentalist libertarian thinking makes people look just awful.

As a society, we make decisions on who we should help as a group. Children who are poor and undernourished through no fault of their own would be an example.

So we help. Even if the help isn't perfectly efficient. Even if systems don't always work the way they should. We just do it.

One of the many nasty symptoms of commitment to an ideology is an intellectual paralysis that robs the afflicted of a connection with fundamental human nature.

It's the attitude of "we just help no questions asked" is how so many came to easily abuse these programs. Then when the discussion comes up, it's always the dichotomy between those who are against the abusers and those who are for helping the real poor.

Most of the states that cut down their food stamp role did so with people who didn't even have children. In states like Maine, they created requirements that made most people drop out of the program and not one child harmed.

So this joker brings up children when it's likely that states who see a reduction in their grants will not even include children. It's just a way to tug at the hearts of Americans so they get their way.
That's one of the problems with the ends of the spectrum - we just knee-jerk to or against virtually every issue, not listening to, considering, or giving an inch to the other side.

We should be better than this, don't you think? Who is the first to be the adult in the room?

Here is the problem:

We on the right are all for helping out the truly needy. But I stress the word "truly." We would like to see people get off of welfare instead of on.

On the left, the more government dependents, the better; the more likely Democrat voters. So they have no interest in getting people off of these programs. When they get in power, let anybody who wants to get on these programs get on them.

So when we talk about the so-called poor, we are talking about a mixture of people who need assistance and people who are on assistance because they got on so easily and really don't need it.

The solution to the problem of course would be if we only put the truly need on them, but Democrats would never go for that. It works against their political goals.
My Judgemental here is a freaking expert.

Did you knov there are zero Republicans on welfare, food stamps etc. Nope, not a one. Just because Red States lead the pack in government money grubbing does not mean anything. I can hop over the mountain into a county that is one of the most Republican in the State of Pennsylvania ans see lots of people on government assistance.

TanF is a program designed to get people on their own. Most people leave the program through employment. So quit lying about this all the time.

You people want a low minimum wage & when people work those jobs they still need help. That is subsidizing corporrations, your favorite way to spend money.

The fact is you don't know shit why people need help. You are just a selfish little shit.

Those of us in rural America who are sick of having our land stolen, our ranchers harassed, and our schools destroyed under the misnomer of *assistance* have determined that we aren't going to allow city leftists use our children as an excuse for their encroachment.

We are working hard to pull kids out of the public schools and get them off all forms of assistance. That is the only way to get rid of the disgusting and foul dregs of humanity that we get saddled with when we accept the assistance that is offered to us by feds.

"You have the highest rate of child welfare involvement! You have the highest instance of snap useage!" Yup..because leftists with the USDA and the EPA and the rest of the worthless organizations have shut down all industry, stuck their fingers in every pie, and interjected themselves into our lives whether we want them or not, via militant (and straight up crazy) school counselors who label, identify, and target the kids from the poorest homes, the homes of people who aren't quite to willing to jump the minute they're told they need this program or that....

So the way we deal with that is we just start focusing on getting people off foodstamps in our communities.

Of course, that means we will have to encourage transients (sent to us by the feds via relocation programs, immigration programs, and HUD programs) to stay the hell out of our communities. Most of the foodstamps in rural areas isn't going to locals. It goes to this huge migrant welfare population that floats around from town to town sucking up resources. They'll hear that there is a good retard program in some small berg with a population of 500, then move their entire SSI family to the nearest park, pitch a tent, and start demanding emergency services for them and their 4 retarded children.

That shit is going to have to end, but where there's a will, there's a way, eh?

Anyway. We're working on it.

2 pronged..1. educating/helping our local families so we can get the government out of their lives...and 2. Gathering up the huge population of transient/dysfunctional/diminished capacity/criminal/illegal immigrants and putting them behind bars or in secure facilities (behind bars) where they can be properly provided for.

'

Evidently your community is NOT the Republican Party. The government efforts were put in place by the communities. By their elected representatives.

True welfare is temporary & already requires efforts to gain employment. I wish you people would get better informed.

Yes I know. We call that *bribery*. The commies shut down all production and resources, then bribe tiny desperate communities with a variety of rosy *programs*...then when we say we want less federal control, they say "WAIT A MINUTE YOU TOOK MONEY!"

I'm working on it.

And it's going quite, quite well.

That's like booting people off government programs because incompetent morons running the government programs allowed $400 billion in government waste and fraud, yes $400 billion just in 2016 alone. Their incompetence is off the charts.

Now lets put this in context. The House GOP plan proposed to punish SNAP recipients and maybe save $2 billion a year. Okay where's their plan to reduce the other $398 billion in waste and fraud? And all the heavy lifting of the GOP plan is forced onto the poor, I don't see anyone in government being held accountable or even asked to lift a finger here. Typical DC push out a mandate, don't do any of the work, just issue a mandate and pat themselves on the back like they accomplished something.

Forum List

Back