GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

As a Union Steward I will say this.....

ANY worker in my department who does not pay dues WILL NOT be supported, protected or represented by me, or any other Union Officer.
So, business as usual then. Unions support and protect the good ole boys with the most seniority. The rest can just get in line.
Anti-Union Stories Don't Add Up

Don't you have a right to vote out union officers who protect people who don't carry their weight and make you work harder? As for seniority, only a minority of workers would usually have it, so their privileges would lose out on a majority vote.

Absolutely we do. You don't like it when someone performs better than you do and want to prevent them from doing so. You want to give only the exact amount you feel like you owe and no more, but resent someone who has a different perspective and different drives. That's ridiculous.

Let people be themselves and let them reap the benefits if that's what they want. If you only want to do your 40 hours, do it and be happy.

Please explain to me why ANY sane individual would do extra work for the same amount of pay as the guy next to him who is doing what the job require.

I work to make a living. I do not live to work. Never have and never will. Those of you who want to give 125% make regular people look bad for no reason. He'll, I've had three knuckleheads in my Department over the last six years who I had to sit down and threaten to file charges against if they didn't cease their extra activities.
that would depend on if you get recognized for doing extra work....were i worked you could carry every route in the office and the only recognition you would get from management would be..."can you carry more"....

You do not provide Me equal status in the Union, you can do without My contribution.

As for the rest, your fantasies of what really goes nowhere I work and the lies you tell are all that anyone needs to see in order to come down against unions.

Lower level employees have equal status to everyone who was hired at the same time as them. They do not, and should not have equal status to people who have been working there for 5, 10, or 20 years.

Unfortunately, I've seen those "fantasies" in action far too many times. It's what accounts for the roughly 30% of my co-workers who chose not to submit cards approving the Union or leaving the department while we were in negotiations. They didn't want to be held to the same rules as everyone else. If they weren't allowed to game the system, they wanted OUT.
In essence, there is no difference in being screwed by the employer or the union. Both are out for themselves and not for the members. The only real difference is you extort money from the members whereas the employer does not.

I pay for a service. If you do not provide Me the service I pay for, then you are the problem and I should be permitted to stop paying for a service I do not receive.

Unions are extorting money for their own agenda and now, based on your feedback, are open about the fact that it's money for them and tough shit for the rest of you.

I do better without a union. I always have, and I get to keep the money I earn.

You'll have to sell your snake oil to someone else.
Saying That the Rich Create Jobs Is Like Saying That Vampires Create Blood

What one-sided blindness. Everything you say about unions can be applied to the corpie bosses you so slavishly bootlick. Why do you worship those Sissies in Suitcoats? Go back to the crumbling castles where your ancestors slaved in front of and choke on the dust left by the skeletons of the guillotined plutocratic parasites there.

The employer doesn't objectively determine what your work is worth to him; he selfishly tries to lower your value to raise his take off what you produce for him. That is extortion by some conceited parasite who thinks you'd be living under a bridge without his generosity in letting you support his degenerate lifestyle.

Absolutely we do. You don't like it when someone performs better than you do and want to prevent them from doing so. You want to give only the exact amount you feel like you owe and no more, but resent someone who has a different perspective and different drives. That's ridiculous.

Let people be themselves and let them reap the benefits if that's what they want. If you only want to do your 40 hours, do it and be happy.

Please explain to me why ANY sane individual would do extra work for the same amount of pay as the guy next to him who is doing what the job require.

I work to make a living. I do not live to work. Never have and never will. Those of you who want to give 125% make regular people look bad for no reason. He'll, I've had three knuckleheads in my Department over the last six years who I had to sit down and threaten to file charges against if they didn't cease their extra activities.

Sorry, I've never seen a union worker give more than 50 or 60 percent. I think the post office has a practice tread mill, set at slow, for all postal wor
No, regardless of who: NEVER help. NEVER stop. NEVER get involved.

Pathetic. Your union boss must love you.
i dont know what PO you are talking about but the one i worked in you had a route to do in hopefully 8 hours and if you gave it 60% you were no longer a carrier......

You do not provide Me equal status in the Union, you can do without My contribution.

As for the rest, your fantasies of what really goes nowhere I work and the lies you tell are all that anyone needs to see in order to come down against unions.

Lower level employees have equal status to everyone who was hired at the same time as them. They do not, and should not have equal status to people who have been working there for 5, 10, or 20 years.

Unfortunately, I've seen those "fantasies" in action far too many times. It's what accounts for the roughly 30% of my co-workers who chose not to submit cards approving the Union or leaving the department while we were in negotiations. They didn't want to be held to the same rules as everyone else. If they weren't allowed to game the system, they wanted OUT.
In essence, there is no difference in being screwed by the employer or the union. Both are out for themselves and not for the members. The only real difference is you extort money from the members whereas the employer does not.

I pay for a service. If you do not provide Me the service I pay for, then you are the problem and I should be permitted to stop paying for a service I do not receive.

Unions are extorting money for their own agenda and now, based on your feedback, are open about the fact that it's money for them and tough shit for the rest of you.

What one-sided blindness. Everything you say about unions can be applied to the corpie bosses you so slavishly bootlick. Why do you worship those Sissies in Suitcoats? Go back to the crumbling castles where your ancestors slaved in front of and choke on the dust left by the skeletons of the guillotined plutocratic parasites there.

The employer doesn't objectively determine what your work is worth to him; he selfishly tries to lower your value to raise his take off what you produce for him. That is extortion by some conceited parasite who thinks you'd be living under a bridge without his generosity in letting you support his degenerate lifestyle.

+SMFH+

Where are all the poor people creating jobs here,?

You're a fucking moron

detroit-ghetto.jpg

As a Union Steward I will say this.....

ANY worker in my department who does not pay dues WILL NOT be supported, protected or represented by me, or any other Union Officer.
So, business as usual then. Unions support and protect the good ole boys with the most seniority. The rest can just get in line.
Anti-Union Stories Don't Add Up

Don't you have a right to vote out union officers who protect people who don't carry their weight and make you work harder? As for seniority, only a minority of workers would usually have it, so their privileges would lose out on a majority vote.
Sure...except when the entire local is run by employees of one company...because they are most of the membership and therefore have an unassailable position. (I'm in that situation now and have been for years.)

What this sounds like is a situation in which a department was faced with too much work to accomplish in 40 hours and one individual did what was necessary to get it done while the others did not and was being rewarded for doing so. He then chose to leave when faced with the certainty that the union was going to make sure that mediocrity was going to be the new standard. I'm sure he landed on his feet and is doing well somewhere else.

Actually, no he didn't. He over-promoted himself and ended up with a Supervisot job he couldn't actually do. He's now basically chained to a desk filing reports and filling out timecards for Union line workers. At about 2/3 their pay rate.

No, it takes away the opportunity for an enterprising employee to demonstrate his value to the company and be rewarded for it. Basically, it turns every employee into a mindless drone who works for the union, not the company.

Actually, in many Union contracts the Union DOES own the jobs. Suckups and Brown-Nosers don't belong in the Union.

The Right has tried to get rid of unions for years. In doing so, they decimated the middle class in America.

Absolutely necessary and beneficial to the economy. Especially good if it includes public service unions! Expect the unions to fight this tooth and nail.

"At least 80 percent of Americans are opposed to forcing employees to pay dues as a condition of their employment, and our bill would protect workers by eliminating the forced-dues clauses in federal statute. Right-to-work states, like South Carolina, have seen first-hand that job creation and economic growth comes from expanded freedoms. We need to expand common-sense reforms, like those in the National Right to Work Act to protect American workers and create jobs," Wilson told the Washington Examiner.

More w/links @ GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation
Good! Long overdue. If someone does not wish to become a union automaton and financial shill, they should not be forced to do so. I still remember my first union indoctrination after I retired from the military. Some sleazy, greased-back, over-dressed slime-bag stepped into the classroom and passed out a half-sheet form that required us to relinquish a portion of our earnings to the union, and to agree to contribute a monthly stipend thereafter. I asked the sleaze-ball what would happen if I declined to sign his form. He told me that I would no longer have a job. So, if I don't agree to pay the union an "initiation" and a monthly tribute, I will be denied a job?, I ask him. He tells me, "Yes". OK, so if I don't pay the union a portion of my earnings, I will be denied a job? "Yes." In my book, that constitutes extortion. The guy didn't seem to like me much...
If You're Not a Union Man, You're Not a Man at All

What you produce for the company minus the profit it takes out of that for itself is the first level of "take-home pay." So that profit is the same as paying union dues, but it won't protect you from having the company gouge even more out of what you produce. If you don't let the company take what it wants out of you, you will also be denied a job there. This is a class war, and scabs are deserters. You have no Right to Work for the other side.
I would rather be my own man than a union "man". I would rather work on my own merit, and keep what I earn, than be forced to give up any portion of my earnings to support a bunch of union thugs.

No, it takes away the opportunity for an enterprising employee to demonstrate his value to the company and be rewarded for it. Basically, it turns every employee into a mindless drone who works for the union, not the company.

Actually, in many Union contracts the Union DOES own the jobs. Suckups and Brown-Nosers don't belong in the Union.
Delusional fool...you are a suckup brown-noser for the union thugs. I prefer to choose who I suck up to, management and the owners of the means of production, or a bunch of thugs who think they should be allowed bully the owners into compliance with their whims and to own the workers by allowing them to work, or not. Unions deny workers their right to work and they deny employers their right to choose workers.

Name one job, other than union administration, that any union has ever created?

Name one job, other than union administration, that any union has ever created?

Exactly unions only destroy jobs... Like hostess as an example... Their greed fucked 65 year old non union women out of a job

Suckups and Brown-Nosers don't belong in the Union.

Translation ~ people who don't smoke pot or drink beer on the job, or can add 4+5 .....don't belong in the union

Translation ~ people who don't smoke pot or drink beer on the job, or can add 4+5 .....don't belong in the union

Wrote get on so many levels. Especially since this Union introduced HARSHER penalties for substance abuse violations 4 years ago. Not the Comoany. The Union. The same Union that has actively sought out Engineer's, Designers, Drafters, Relay Techs and other technical groups to join it over the last decade.

Yup because your skills suck, a retard and your a slacker ...you would need a union.

As I mentioned earlier- I've worked for this company as a Contractor, a non-Union employee and a Union member over the last 16 years. The only time I've been treated fairly has been in the Union.

I get my work done. No issues there. My skills are more than sufficient for my job. I just have no interest in going the extra foot, never mind mile, for a company that would let my entire department go in an instant to save a penny.

Forum List

Back