GOP Poll: Women Think Republican Party Is 'Stuck In The Past'

Every woman today owes a debt of gratitude to the feminist movement

No, every woman in America owes a debt of gratitude to the men who were alive in 1920 and allowed women to have the vote. This was a gift from men. If men were opposed, then women wouldn't have the vote and there would be nothing that women could do about that.

Yeah..that's what we want...a woman that "ACTS LIKE A MAN!!!!".
Why is it that some people think an independent, brave, assertive woman is "acting like a man"?

Because they are threatened by women who are not subservient to them. Real men are not not threatened by independent, brave, assertive women.

Oh, hai there!
120830_sarah_palin_ap_328.jpg

Wait a minute, do Republicans believe one of the most ignorant women in America is independent, brave, and assertive?

Course, they turned child killer Zimmerman into a national hero along with welfare queen Bundy. So who knows what they actually believe. If you go by what they say, USMB Republicans alternate between "it's true" and "you are a liar" for exactly the same quotes.

As long as this woman is alive

Palin has ZERO chance of being the most ignorant woman in America .

Also, independent, brave, and assertive exist independent of political ideology you moron. I don't agree with about half of Palin's politics and believe she belongs nowhere near a nationally elected position, but she absolutely IS Independent, brave , and assertive.

Did you comment on Lakhota's claim that Jenifer Aniston was some great woman? B/c clearly that woman is an idiot, but a Democratic one, so I guess that's okay with you.

Moron

[No, every woman in America owes a debt of gratitude to the men who were alive in 1920 and allowed women to have the vote. This was a gift from men. If men were opposed, then women wouldn't have the vote and there would be nothing that women could do about that.

Sounds like we need to go back and beat the fuck out of some very stupid men.

Why is it that some people think an independent, brave, assertive woman is "acting like a man"?

Because they are threatened by women who are not subservient to them. Real men are not not threatened by independent, brave, assertive women.

Oh, hai there!

Wait a minute, do Republicans believe one of the most ignorant women in America is independent, brave, and assertive?

Course, they turned child killer Zimmerman into a national hero along with welfare queen Bundy. So who knows what they actually believe. If you go by what they say, USMB Republicans alternate between "it's true" and "you are a liar" for exactly the same quotes.

Also, independent, brave, and assertive exist independent of political ideology you moron. I don't agree with about half of Palin's politics and believe she belongs nowhere near a nationally elected position, but she absolutely IS Independent, brave , and assertive.

Did you comment on Lakhota's claim that Jenifer Aniston was some great woman? B/c clearly that woman is an idiot, but a Democratic one, so I guess that's okay with you.

Moron

Oh, hai there!

Moron

I must have missed it

Where did that woman say Obama was going to pay for her gas or mortgage ?

Oh, hai there!

If Sarah Palin were a Black unwed mother, Democrat mayor of a small Southern California town...the Marxist media would love her. Instead , you pro- women's rights people attack her. She is "woman hear me roar!" Tough Alaska gal. You hate to hear that. Instead she is supposed to bitch, moan, groan, to satisfy the crybaby left. liberals complain, this coming from people who have the easiest living on earth. Pampered lazy sonsabitches.

44 - Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

Yea, she's a real trooper.

And we've heard from Republicans on this thread that women should not be extended the vote as is their right.

When you exercise your right to vote to enslave me and steal the fruits of my labor so that it can be used to support you and thus free you up to go to marches where you chant about how you're an independent woman, then no, using your vote to enslave others to support you is an illegitimate use of the vote.

If you want to be independent, then be independent, don't marry the government. Stand on your own feet.
So, in your vision of Democracy, any vote you do not agree with is illegitimate?

Were you raised in America? Because that attitude runs counter to our way of life.

If all the men in America united and voted on the issue of "every women must submit to have sex with you if you ask her to" and they won this in a majority vote, would the fact that women disagreed with the very question and opposed the outcome make the vote illegitimate? We're a Constitutional Republic - the ground rules laid down when we began this nation never included me being made a slave by the power of your vote and thus having to work to help support you. Damn straight, you using your vote to enslave others in order to benefit yourself is an illegitimate exercise of the vote.
My! What a big batch of hyperbole you have!

The 13th amendment made slavery unconstitutional. That goes for that ham handed strawman about women being submissive to men sexually too.

You are not enslaved. Let me repeat that for clarity's sake. YOU ARE NOT ENSLAVED.

When you try to introduce hyperbole such as slavery into the debate you do two bad things. You erode your credibility and the veneer of sanity you would like to present. But more fecklessly, you diminish what true slavery is, thus utterly disrespecting those who have suffered under it.

We live in a constitutional republic. You do not vote on issues, we elect representatives. No one has EVER voted to enslave you.

And we've heard from Republicans on this thread that women should not be extended the vote as is their right.

When you exercise your right to vote to enslave me and steal the fruits of my labor so that it can be used to support you and thus free you up to go to marches where you chant about how you're an independent woman, then no, using your vote to enslave others to support you is an illegitimate use of the vote.

If you want to be independent, then be independent, don't marry the government. Stand on your own feet.
So, in your vision of Democracy, any vote you do not agree with is illegitimate?

Were you raised in America? Because that attitude runs counter to our way of life.

If all the men in America united and voted on the issue of "every women must submit to have sex with you if you ask her to" and they won this in a majority vote, would the fact that women disagreed with the very question and opposed the outcome make the vote illegitimate? We're a Constitutional Republic - the ground rules laid down when we began this nation never included me being made a slave by the power of your vote and thus having to work to help support you. Damn straight, you using your vote to enslave others in order to benefit yourself is an illegitimate exercise of the vote.

The 13th amendment made slavery unconstitutional. That goes for that ham handed strawman about women being submissive to men sexually too.

You are not enslaved. Let me repeat that for clarity's sake. YOU ARE NOT ENSLAVED.

When you try to introduce hyperbole such as slavery into the debate you do two bad things. You erode your credibility and the veneer of sanity you would like to present. But more fecklessly, you diminish what true slavery is, thus utterly disrespecting those who have suffered under it.

We live in a constitutional republic. You do not vote on issues, we elect representatives. No one has EVER voted to enslave you.

What would happen to me if I refused to pay taxes because I objected to having to work to support strangers?

I am enslaved when the fruits of my labor are stolen from me and directed to benefit the PRIVATE welfare of strangers.

Oh, hai there!

Moron

I must have missed it

Where did that woman say Obama was going to pay for her gas or mortgage ?

How disingenuous. Does the fact that she "only" said "Obama gonna pay my rent" make her any smarter?

Damn dude, just admit that particular woman is an idiot, regardless of which party she supports.

Oh, hai there!

If Sarah Palin were a Black unwed mother, Democrat mayor of a small Southern California town...the Marxist media would love her. Instead , you pro- women's rights people attack her. She is "woman hear me roar!" Tough Alaska gal. You hate to hear that. Instead she is supposed to bitch, moan, groan, to satisfy the crybaby left. liberals complain, this coming from people who have the easiest living on earth. Pampered lazy sonsabitches.

44 - Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

Yea, she's a real trooper.

Only in Lefty-Bizarro Land is a $2.6 million INCREASE describing as SLASHED funding. No wonder you guys are liberals, you believe everything your propaganda masters instruct you to believe. The sad, sad thing about this behavioral quirk of yours is that you use this skewed vision of reality as the basis for your votes.

What would happen to me if I refused to pay taxes because I objected to having to work to support strangers?

I am enslaved when the fruits of my labor are stolen from me and directed to benefit the PRIVATE welfare of strangers.
I feel the same way whenever some guy named Bush asks me to pay interest on bond sold to the Chinese to finance a war. Or when congress bails out a bank tha's 'to big to fail' even as those banks bleed the public white.

But helping those disadvantaged by location or education or mental capacity or physical impairment is something the 'greatest nation on earth' should and must do to ensure the domestic tranquility and promote the general welfare and form a more perfect union. It's the noble thing to do. And I'm not resorting to panicked hyperbole.

I feel the same way whenever some guy named Bush asks me to pay interest on bond sold to the Chinese to finance a war. Or when congress bails out a bank tha's 'to big to fail' even as those banks bleed the public white.

Wars are undertaken to benefit a nation. Obama had no business in Libya but he did what he did for your benefit and mine. It doesn't matter whether you or I agree, the role of government is to look after the general interest. When you get your hemorrhoids removed and send me the bill via the government, then there is no national general interest involved, there's only your personal interest. Same with food stamps, same with all forms of socialized wealth transfer. There is a harmed party and there is a beneficiary and the government is the middle-man.

But helping those disadvantaged by location or education or mental capacity or physical impairment is something the 'greatest nation on earth' should and must do to ensure the domestic tranquility and promote the general welfare and form a more perfect union.

NO, not at all. That's something that YOU should be doing. I do it, I donate 10%+ of my net income to charity. I help the people I CHOOSE to help and no one is putting a gun to my head. I have connection to the people I help. I have no connection to complete strangers who I may very well despise.

Of the four people on the tickets that year, she had the most experience, she had the best governing record, and we'd very likely be in a far better place today if she had been on the top of the ticket and had women the election.

Do you expect people to take you seriously after statements like that?

Wars are undertaken to benefit a nation. Obama had no business in Libya but he did what he did for your benefit and mine. It doesn't matter whether you or I agree, the role of government is to look after the general interest. When you get your hemorrhoids removed and send me the bill via the government, then there is no national general interest involved, there's only your personal interest. Same with food stamps, same with all forms of socialized wealth transfer. There is a harmed party and there is a beneficiary and the government is the middle-man.

But helping those disadvantaged by location or education or mental capacity or physical impairment is something the 'greatest nation on earth' should and must do to ensure the domestic tranquility and promote the general welfare and form a more perfect union.

NO, not at all. That's something that YOU should be doing. I do it, I donate 10%+ of my net income to charity. I help the people I CHOOSE to help and no one is putting a gun to my head. I have connection to the people I help. I have no connection to complete strangers who I may very well despise.

If you can't see that having a bunch of armed , starving , desperate people would be a direct threat to national security, you can't see anything. I mean come on....

PS you could reduce welfare rolls by a minimum of 30% immediately by raising the minimum wage to $10/HR. Do you support such a measure?

Of the four people on the tickets that year, she had the most experience, she had the best governing record, and we'd very likely be in a far better place today if she had been on the top of the ticket and had women the election.

Why not? You clearly think people take you seriously after all the stupid stuff you post."Hey everyone Huck Finn is a credible quote from the civil war era" LOL

Which of the four had any experience running a government? Only Palin.
Which of the four had any experience implementing policy? Only Palin.
Which of the four had a track record as the most popular governor in the nation? Only Palin.

Look, I can't help it if you've so internalized the propaganda directed at you that you actually believe the propaganda reflects reality. Neither McCain, Obama or Biden had every run a government. Only Palin had and she was the most effective Governor in Alaska's history. She took on the crooked Republican establishment and sent the Party chair to jail. Obama is the PRODUCT of a crooked Democratic establishment in Illinois. Do you even know how Obama won his seat as State Senator and then as US Senator?

Screw it, I'm not in the mood to deprogram you with facts because, as a liberal, facts can't penetrate your emotions regarding Palin.

Oh, and, it's not 'religious right extremism' at work here.

More like mainstream American Christianity at work here.

Most sects and branches of Christendom perceive that Abortion is equivalent to Infanticide.

Playing fast and loose with the facts again?

Induced Abortion in the United States
Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% identify as Catholic.[3]

37 + 28 = 65% of all women obtaining abortions self identify as Christians.
But that's within a narrow confines of those who obtain an Abortion.

Broaden the domain to the population at-large and the numbers begin to look different, don't they?

The challenge is not to discover the percentage of Christians amongst those obtaining an abortion.

The challenge is to discover the percentage of Christians within the general population who view Abortion as Evil and Wrong.

Actually they don't look different!

Christianity Today Politics Poll Americans Ambivalent on Abortion

0609Abortion%20Morality%20vs%20Availability.PNG

Across the board a Majority consider abortion both morally acceptable and that it should remain legal.

Most Americans said that “pro-choice” described them somewhat or very well (70 percent).

You're not very smart, are you?

"Support Grows For Roe v. Wade, The Wall Street Journal January 22, 2013"

Don't know where you get your information but every poll I've seen says essentially the same thing but-----but if you don't like the Christianity Today poll, try the poll below.

Politico on New Poll By NARAL Pro-Choice America Showing 7 in 10 Americans Support Legal Abortion

*View the national poll; View the Kansas poll*
Today, Politico published “NARAL Poll: Most voters against abortion access limits” on a new poll, commissioned by NARAL Pro-Choice America and conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, showing that nearly 70 percent of voters say the government should not restrict access to abortion — with 45 percent of respondents expressing their support for access despite their personal moral objection.

NARAL Pro-Choice America even went to Kansas, to test their results in a red state, and confirmed that 7 in 10 Kansans also support access to abortion without government limits. According to the survey, this position crosses party lines and geographic area, seeing majorities of Democratic, Independent and Republican voters support abortion rights in the West, Midwest and the South.
Read the Politico piece at Politico.comand below:

NARAL poll: Most voters against abortion access limits
By Jennifer Haberkorn
8/18/14 5:02 AM EDT

<snip>

Across the board a Majority consider abortion both morally acceptable and that it should remain legal.

Don't know where you get your information but every poll I've seen says essentially the same thing but-----but if you don't like the Christianity Today poll, try the poll below.

Take a moment to reflect on the bolded text and then look at each bar on the chart and see if the bolded statement accurately describes what the chart shows.

Oh, and, it's not 'religious right extremism' at work here.

More like mainstream American Christianity at work here.

Most sects and branches of Christendom perceive that Abortion is equivalent to Infanticide.

Playing fast and loose with the facts again?

Induced Abortion in the United States
Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% identify as Catholic.[3]

37 + 28 = 65% of all women obtaining abortions self identify as Christians.
But that's within a narrow confines of those who obtain an Abortion.

Broaden the domain to the population at-large and the numbers begin to look different, don't they?

The challenge is not to discover the percentage of Christians amongst those obtaining an abortion.

The challenge is to discover the percentage of Christians within the general population who view Abortion as Evil and Wrong.

Actually they don't look different!

Christianity Today Politics Poll Americans Ambivalent on Abortion

Most Americans said that “pro-choice” described them somewhat or very well (70 percent).

You're not very smart, are you?

"Support Grows For Roe v. Wade, The Wall Street Journal January 22, 2013"

Politico on New Poll By NARAL Pro-Choice America Showing 7 in 10 Americans Support Legal Abortion

*View the national poll; View the Kansas poll*
Today, Politico published “NARAL Poll: Most voters against abortion access limits” on a new poll, commissioned by NARAL Pro-Choice America and conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, showing that nearly 70 percent of voters say the government should not restrict access to abortion — with 45 percent of respondents expressing their support for access despite their personal moral objection.

NARAL Pro-Choice America even went to Kansas, to test their results in a red state, and confirmed that 7 in 10 Kansans also support access to abortion without government limits. According to the survey, this position crosses party lines and geographic area, seeing majorities of Democratic, Independent and Republican voters support abortion rights in the West, Midwest and the South.
Read the Politico piece at Politico.comand below:

NARAL poll: Most voters against abortion access limits
By Jennifer Haberkorn
8/18/14 5:02 AM EDT

<snip>

Your poll doesn't even make sense. IF the majority of Americans supported abortion , why would they be electing a majority of politicians who opposed it? Those two things can not coexist.

332-206....yeah, ya'll got butchered--by the American voters.

Just realize not all of us see voting as the proper way to reform the country.
Just realize that not all of us see the country as in need of 'reform.'

Where for many on the right 'reform' means returning America to a time hostile to the rights of women, gay Americans, and minorities.

Forum List

Back