GOP Sen. Mike Braun Says Interracial Marriage Should Be Left To The States, backtracks

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
I couldn’t believe my ears but Sen Mike Braun just said that the Supreme Court was wrong to legalize interracial marriage

Are you f’ing kidding me?

This cuts to the heart of every American who’s ever been told that they’re not American enough, not loyal enough, not white enough

I couldn’t believe my ears but Sen Mike Braun just said that the Supreme Court was wrong to legalize interracial marriage

This cuts to the heart of every American who’s ever been told that they’re not American enough, not loyal enough, not white enough

He said he misunderstood the question and walked it back. Are you ever not a complete loser troll?

Obviously Braun is admitting that it was a dumb thing to say

what more do libs want?

Obviously Braun is admitting that it was a dumb thing to say

what more do libs want?
Total destruction of anyone who misspeaks or otherwise disagrees with them. With total control of media, they've gotten used to that level of power.

I would prefer local government over central government.
It is a shame the South had to screw up so badly that we now have to have the 14th amendment to prevent state abuses of individuals.
All state constitutions should have made interracial marriages to always have been legal.
Then we would not need federal bureaucracy.

"In a media call on Tuesday, U.S Senator Mike Braun (R-Ind) said that the U.S. Supreme Court was wrong to legalize interracial marriage in a ruling that stretches back to Loving v. Virginia in 1967. According to Braun, the decision should not have been made by the country’s highest court and instead been left to individual states. Even though some states had made interracial marriage illegal prior to the Supreme Court ruling.

On Tuesday evening, Braun sent out a statement saying he had “misunderstood a line of questioning that ended up being about interracial marriage” and condemned “racism in any form” saying there was “no question the Constitution prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race.”

Braun was right, but then he walked it back due to pressure from the woke left....why would he be weak like that? Why not stand on your Conservative beliefs and values?? No, the Constitution doesn't prohibit discrimination on the basis of race; it was perfectly legal for these 2 people to be arrested for the crime of marrying each other....and one must admit, the country was a much better place because of it...
_00-rac008 (219).jpg

Why did Braun bow down to political pressure?? Is it because of that black whore of a judge Ketanji Jackson?? Just because she married a white guy, we are supposed to pretend that the Conservative position against the legalization of miscegeny wasn't the right move?? What good is it to hold Conservative values and beliefs when you are going to just abandon them whenever it no longer looks good to believe them??

Yea, I know the convenient way to get around not looking racist when you rail against the legalization of interracial marriage is to claim "oh, I am just against the federal government telling states not to discriminate against people" -- but then that would mean Braun's statement of “no question the Constitution prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race” was complete bullshit, wouldn't it?

Imagine being backward enough to want to revisit this issue. Only fools are against interracial marriage. It shouldn't even have to be a discussion.

I agree, it shouldn't be.

But if you take the argument that the states have a right to make laws about abortion or gay marriage, why don't they have the right to ban interracial marriage?

I agree, it shouldn't be.

But if you take the argument that the states have a right to make laws about abortion or gay marriage, why don't they have the right to ban interracial marriage?
Those are different issues. I could probably be convinced that the states should have the right to ban interracial marriages if they want to. I'm pretty libertarian like that. I actually don't think any state would do that though. Even Alabama is better than that. This issue was resolved before my father was born. This politician revisiting it is just awkward.

Those are different issues. I could probably be convinced that the states should have the right to ban interracial marriages if they want to. I'm pretty libertarian like that. I actually don't think any state would do that though. Even Alabama is better than that. This issue was resolved before my father was born. This politician revisiting it is just awkward.

No, they really aren't.

It's not the state's business if two gay people want to get married.
It's not the state's business if a woman wants to have an abortion.

The purpose of miscegenation laws was to keep blacks as a permanent underclass. To keep whites and blacks as distinct racial classes.

Michael Kinsley once described a gaff as a politician telling you what he really thinks. That this guy admits he thought Loving was wrongly decided is telling.

States did ban interracial marriage tho....

I've notice its mainly white folks who have this need to tell people to be patient in their discrimination..that eventually, society will reach a point where they want discriminate against you anymore....

But these folks say this goofy shit with the full confidence that they were never the targets of that discrimination......yet, when legislative action is taken to remedy that problem -- these morons are the first ones to whine about it....

Forum List

Back