GOP to shutdown govt. and default on debt

Hoffstra

Rookie
Aug 20, 2013
Republicans want to shut down the Federal government and default on our national debt.

I wonder what the financial results of this will be.

I wonder what the election results in 2014, will be.

Gee, seems like the Republicans have become suicidal.

It's simply amazing how many different threads and times the Left will try to lie about the supposed impending Government Shutdown.

The Republican Controlled House has passed a bill that fully funds the Government and all it's debts. It simply fails to fund Obama-care, which has not gone into full implementation yet.

If the Senate Democrats or or the Democrat in the Oval offices refuses to allow that bill to become law, they are the ones who shut down the Government, not the Republicans.

Apparently Hoffstra can't see that we have 42 other threads on this.

I agree with OriginalShroom. Who is shutting down the government? The party that passed the bill to fund the government? Or the one who refuses to pass such a bill? The House that passed the bill with a substantial majority? Or the Senate that will refuse to bring it to a vote? The party that achieved consensus on a compromise that keeps the government running through December, or the President who threatens to refuse to sign it?

And yes, Hoffstra could have participated in any of the other dozen threads on this topic, Roo, but it does give us a chance to ask him a direct question that he won't answer. :)

Last edited:
Republicans want to shut down the Federal government and default on our national debt.

Gee it seems like you have the intelligence of a gnat on quaaludes.

Gee it seems like you have the intelligence of a gnat on quaaludes.

Also either a short memory or a poor grasp of history. He forgets that when the Republicans DID shut down the government before Clinton would agree to welfare reform that he had already vetoed three times. But they easily retained a healthy majority in the Congress. Once Clinton caved and agreed to sign that legislation, it ushered in one of our better eras of prosperity and fiscal accountability.

I just hope our current Republicans have as much backbone and gumption to stick to their guns because they are 100% doing the right thing on this.

Liberals, Progressives, Democrats and their SHEEP Cult members are in FULL FEAR MONGERING mode...

don't fall for it or BUY INTO IT

The Senate will not approve the House bill.

so what will the House do? will the House submit a new bill that funds the government and the ACA?

if the House cares about America, they will submit a bill that the Senate will pass.

as for the debt, we must pay our debts.

The House approved spending. They must now approve debt to pay for that spending.

Otherwise we will be a deadbeat nation.

so what will the House do? will the House submit a new bill that funds the government and the ACA?

if the House cares about America, they will submit a bill that the Senate will pass.

The House approved spending. They must now approve debt to pay for that spending.

Senate's fault, comprised of dems. If house were run by dems and a repub senate didn't pass the bill to fund the govt it would be the Rs fault.

Senate's fault, comprised of dems. If house were run by dems and a repub senate didn't pass the bill to fund the govt it would be the Rs fault.

The House writes, votes on, and submits bills to the Senate.

Its stupid for the House to submit a bill to the Senate that they KNOW will not pass.

Why should the House support the ACA that all know is a train wreck, a disaster in the making, and is the wrong thing to do for the country? And why shouldn't the Senate pass the bill by the House that funds the government and pays the bills until the end of the year and deal with the ACA separately?

The House did their job.

Will the Senate do theirs?

Who is holding the government hostage? Those who demand they get their own way no matter what? Or those who did what they believe was the right thing and passed the bill to fund the government and pay the bills?

Funding for the ACA can certainly be dealt with as a separate matter.

Last edited:

The House writes, votes on, and submits bills to the Senate.

Its stupid for the House to submit a bill to the Senate that they KNOW will not pass.

It would stupid for the dems in the senate to fail to fund the govt.

It's simply amazing how many different threads and times the Left will try to lie about the supposed impending Government Shutdown.

The Republican Controlled House has passed a bill that fully funds the Government and all it's debts. It simply fails to fund Obama-care, which has not gone into full implementation yet.

If the Senate Democrats or or the Democrat in the Oval offices refuses to allow that bill to become law, they are the ones who shut down the Government, not the Republicans.

I agree with this. Lets call it the Truth.

However, when people with vested interests (getting a government check) are in lock-step with the national media in getting a Different Truth to the low information voter...well, you gotta worry---if you're not a Bolshevik.

I know that very little more than the National Parks will actually close down in a "Government Shutdown" (I would welcome much more).....but little old ladies will be told that the Republicans are cutting off their Social Security Checks effectively immediately.

But, at some point, it comes down to stones. Margaret Thatcher had the best set of stones of the 20th Century...excepting only Winston Churchill. Ronald Reagan had stones.

I don't know if SenatorsTed Cruz from Texas and Mike Lee of Utah are fools or not. too soon to tell. But they have stones. That's a start.

If the GOP shuts down the govt. and defaults the USA on its debts, they will reap the whirlwind in November 2014.

:clap2:

The Republicans knowingly passed a budget continuation bill that fails to fund a new program that was passed by the House, Senate, and signed by the President.

This is an act of obstruction, as they know the Senate will not approve such a bill.

The House should send the Senate a bill that they know will be passed.

i certainly hope the Bagger House members get their wish. Yup, they will get what they deserve...

Forum List

Back