Government tells Americans to stop eating cookie dough

GOVT: It's a bad idea to run with scissors.

STEPH: Nanny state!

GOVT: Don't point a loaded gun at your kids.

STEPH: Pretty soon it won't be a recommendation. It will be a requirement!

Seems like the govt should shut up.

In places where there is no public health services, such as Liberia, the citizens of that country do not understand why people in outer space uniforms are showing up in their villages and taking sick people away. So they have spread the rumor that the people in space suits are government employees harvesting organs. Do you want that kind of country? Or would you like to have a crack at something like the FDA instead?

GOVT: It's a bad idea to run with scissors.

STEPH: Nanny state!

GOVT: Don't point a loaded gun at your kids.

STEPH: Pretty soon it won't be a recommendation. It will be a requirement!

Seems like the govt should shut up.

In places where there is no public health services, such as Liberia, the citizens of that country do not understand why people in outer space uniforms are showing up in their villages and taking sick people away. So they have spread the rumor that the people in space suits are government employees harvesting organs. Do you want that kind of country? Or would you like to have a crack at something like the FDA instead?

Your assumption that those are the only two alternatives is obvious horseshit.

Next thing you know, it will be illegal to buy raw milk!
As it should be. Jesus, do you people understand nothing of biology at all?
A good start to learning biology is an ability to identify the part of a hen that eggs come from.

It has raw eggs in it dummy. Those come out a chicken's ass. Cook them.

:rofl:

Priceless.
It comes out of the same vent as its waste products. Care to guess what that is?
How a Hen Lays Her Egg

The problem with the Nanny Guberment. They suck the joy out of your life one step at a time. Merry Christmas from your Wonderful MASTERS..:rolleyes-41:

SNIP:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued an order that millions of Americans will likely find impossible to carry out: stop eating raw cookie dough.
“Avoid raw or partially cooked eggs or foods containing raw eggs, such as cookie dough,”

USDA advised in an email over the weekend.

Mission: Impossible — The government has said people need to stop eating cookie dough.

Carrying out that simple 15-word recommendation would radically change millions of lives, from families who routinely bake cookies and invite the kids to scoop batter out of the bowl, to people who scarf down pre-packaged cookie dough, to everyone who eats cookie dough found in ice cream.

Simply put, it’s not immediately clear that America is ready to take on USDA’s mission. But it’s also unclear if it’s necessary — there is something of a debate over whether it’s safe to eat cookie dough, or whether the risk of getting salmonella from raw eggs is too high.
Some, likeFoodBeast.com, say it’s “actually really hard to get salmonella from eggs.” The site has an article up noting that bakers routinely eat batter and never get sick, and say the trick is in making sure the eggs are refrigerated.

And cookie dough found in ice cream is pasteurized, making it safe to eat, according to various online food experts.

But many still note the danger, and the 2009 recall of raw dough from Nestle that got dozens of people sick from E. coli. A Las Vegas motherdied in 2013of E. coli after eating raw cookie dough.

EatRight.Org, a group of food and nutritional professionals, sides with USDA, and says people must “resist the cookie dough temptation.”

all of it here:
Government tells Americans to stop eating cookie dough TheBlaze.com

I think you should shove a pile of cookie dough in that fat face of yours! I bet if you tried to haul ass, you'd have to make 3 trips! LOL!

BOMBSHELLBREAKING: Government states the obvious!
Agreed. Big Brother is superfluous.
Why is what they're saying so obvious? What you really mean is that you already knew that. On the other hand there are others who don't. This seems to be a perfect example of implementing the "general welfare" clause.

one of the comments with the article:

snip:
Not surprised one bit that the Government came out with this “recommendation”….expect more in the future. And soon it will not be just a “recommendation”, it will be a requirement. Once Government controls your healthcare, they control YOU and your behavior.
Think about it this way, for all of you who have children. How many of you have said, “As long as you live in my house, and I am paying the bills, you will do as I say.”?
Take that to a National Level.
Remind me to have the government come over and spank some common sense into you. Your mom was obviously laying down on the job.
So panty hose is now the Gestapo? Lmao
Just waiting for its chance to paint a cross on the shields and start rounding people up, as always.

Are you stoned again?

You believe in drinking raw milk and science does not. Case closed.

Nobody is forcing you to drink raw milk. If someone wants to drink it, that is their decision.
Not really, but that's what a child would say.

No, a child bitches about people doing what they want with their own bodies, harming nobody.
Your body, my insurance rates. Grow up and just deal with it. You're a toddler yelling at mommy that she's not the boss of you. If she has a brain you go right over her knee.

Please do not share your sexual fetishes on this forum.

snip:
Not surprised one bit that the Government came out with this “recommendation”….expect more in the future. And soon it will not be just a “recommendation”, it will be a requirement. Once Government controls your healthcare, they control YOU and your behavior.
Think about it this way, for all of you who have children. How many of you have said, “As long as you live in my house, and I am paying the bills, you will do as I say.”?

1344912376_its-a-conspiracy.jpg

It is very strange how the Libs responding on page 1 rely on the Gov for to get through their daily lives.

It is very strange how the Libs responding on page 1 rely on the Gov for to get through their daily lives.

They don't care how they spend our money. Unless its to investigate the Democrat party then they wail their heads off.

snip:

1344912376_its-a-conspiracy.jpg

that is dumb. but from you expected

There's nothing of the sort on page one. What I see are righties turning a simple, common sense recommendation into an "order from the government".

The problem with the Nanny Guberment. They suck the joy out of your life one step at a time. Merry Christmas from your Wonderful MASTERS..:rolleyes-41:

SNIP:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued an order that millions of Americans will likely find impossible to carry out: stop eating raw cookie dough.
“Avoid raw or partially cooked eggs or foods containing raw eggs, such as cookie dough,”

USDA advised in an email over the weekend.

Mission: Impossible — The government has said people need to stop eating cookie dough.

Carrying out that simple 15-word recommendation would radically change millions of lives, from families who routinely bake cookies and invite the kids to scoop batter out of the bowl, to people who scarf down pre-packaged cookie dough, to everyone who eats cookie dough found in ice cream.

Simply put, it’s not immediately clear that America is ready to take on USDA’s mission. But it’s also unclear if it’s necessary — there is something of a debate over whether it’s safe to eat cookie dough, or whether the risk of getting salmonella from raw eggs is too high.
Some, likeFoodBeast.com, say it’s “actually really hard to get salmonella from eggs.” The site has an article up noting that bakers routinely eat batter and never get sick, and say the trick is in making sure the eggs are refrigerated.

And cookie dough found in ice cream is pasteurized, making it safe to eat, according to various online food experts.

But many still note the danger, and the 2009 recall of raw dough from Nestle that got dozens of people sick from E. coli. A Las Vegas motherdied in 2013of E. coli after eating raw cookie dough.

EatRight.Org, a group of food and nutritional professionals, sides with USDA, and says people must “resist the cookie dough temptation.”

all of it here:

That's not an order.

They also recommend not eating raw pork and not sticking a fork into a plugged in toaster to get your pop tart out, fatty.

Forum List

Back