Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

One of your own it is quite apropos.
Personally it matters not to someone like me to fly the flag but others how have
been persecuted beneath it, not personally but their ethnicity, they have a right to protest.
Some just don't see that at all.

Hey Asswipe !!!!
Member #30094

Thanked 5,444 Times in 3,235 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warrior102
Good
I am offended by the gay flag
But I don't oppose the pole smokers and carpet munchers flying it
It's a free country
Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance the working commuters, that's their right.
Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say.

Last edited:
I question the motives of the Virginia Flaggers

They claim to be a confederate heritage group but I suspect they are just trying to piss people off who are offended by the Confederate Battle Flag. If they truly respect the heritage of the Confederacy. THIS is the flag that flew over Richmond

1st_confederate+flag.gif

The is the first-and probably, the least-recognized-Confederate flag. (IIRC, it was quickly changed because at a distance, it was easily mistaken for a Union flag.)

Too bad people that fly that flag cannot be shot for treason. The South lost and it will never ever rise again thankfully. What that flag stands for is slavery and the lifestyle it afforded those that believed in it.

Why don't you give it a shot asshole?

I'll give you first shot

-Geaux

You definitely would not want to do that. My first shot would ensure it was the last shot.

Let's see that thousand-yard club patch then, junior!

"Nowhere in the Western Hemisphere were slaves treated better than in the South"

Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy ......doesn't it?

Those slaves must have just been plumb ungrateful about the great treatment they got. That has got to be the only reason they joined the Yankees in mass and decisively effected their emancipation. Most slave owners were stunned when that happened. They had been shoveling that line of BS for so long they actually believed it themselves.

Many slaves served in the Confederate Army, and they often had to be pressed into service in the Yankee carpetbagger army.

The first Union general killed in the Civil War was shot by a black sniper (no record of whether he was slave or free, or even his name, has survived), using an old Kentucky Rifle he probably used to hunt for the cooking pot.

1. The act provokes a fear response in the other slaves. (most valuable reason to a slave owner)

2. it severely limits the slaves ability to run again.

3. it psychologically defeats the slave that was mutilated.

4. The slave can still do other tasks and provides a reminder to the other slaves what will happen if they try to run.

You still haven't provided any hard evidence that slave owners often cut the feet of their property off.

Conclusion: you're full of shit.

And you still haven't provided evidence they didn't?

How about he does that right after you provide evidence you are NOT being controlled by an alien from the planet Frimmerbee via sub-space signals picked up by an invisible implant in your scrotum.

You still haven't provided any hard evidence that slave owners often cut the feet of their property off.

Conclusion: you're full of shit.

How about he does that right after you provide evidence you are NOT being controlled by an alien from the planet Frimmerbee via sub-space signals picked up by an invisible implant in your scrotum.

How about you let your life partner fight his own battles? Since both of you want to see some evidence I want to see yours first from a credible source. Stop trying to use history rewritten to make you feel less guilty for you KKK roots.

That would explain pretty well why the vast majority of Blacks that fought in the war were Yankee soldiers and people are actually shocked to discover there were a few Blacks that fought for the Confederate. That was a pretty lame attempt at trying to make a point. LOL So the Yankees forced the slaves to fight for their freedom. Those most have been some pretty motivated troops if they were forced. Are you really that clueless or are you just trying to save face?

Wrong again, turd:

Black Confederates in the Civil War

On the other hand, the record of blacks in the Union Army is as follows:

Black Soldiers in the Civil War

By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy. Nearly 40,000 black soldiers died over the course of the war—30,000 of infection or disease. Black soldiers served in artillery and infantry and performed all noncombat support functions that sustain an army, as well. Black carpenters, chaplains, cooks, guards, laborers, nurses, scouts, spies, steamboat pilots, surgeons, and teamsters also contributed to the war cause. There were nearly 80 black commissioned officers. Black women, who could not formally join the Army, nonetheless served as nurses, spies, and scouts, the most famous being Harriet Tubman (photo citation: 200-HN-PIO-1), who scouted for the 2d South Carolina Volunteers.

Note that I provided actual historical data, not just a load of horse squeeze backed up with nothing.

This is where the rubber meets the road. People like you go searching for opinions that support your opinion instead of the truth.

It's not "opinion," turd, it's the historical record.

Now the real truth is that there were actually fewer than 65K that were counted as "enlisted" for the south.

Really! So where is your evidence to backup your claim? Oh, I see . . . . you don't have any. All you have is blowhard prejudices.

We know it is more likely even less that fought willingly because slave owners going to war forced their slaves to come with them.

We can all speculate endlessly on the reasons people do what they do. The question here is "where are your facts?"

It wasn't until it was too late they promised to free those that fought for the south.

I have no knowledge that they ever promised to free their slaves. However, it's a moot point. Where are your facts?

Another thing you seem to miss is the fact that confederate rosters were for the most part destroyed or scrubbed so the North could not find and punish those that fought for the confederacy.

Again, another claim with no supporting evidence. The Union had no intention of punishing anyone who fought for the Confederacy. That would require a court trial where facts were required, and the facts didn't paint the union in a flattering light.

Now I'm supposed to believe in validity of those documents?

You just got done claiming there were no such documents.

I'm laughing at your attempts to convince someone that not only did slaves have a great life as slaves but they were forced to fight for the North. Dude for real? :lol:

I never claimed slaves had a great life.

I question the motives of the Virginia Flaggers

They claim to be a confederate heritage group but I suspect they are just trying to piss people off who are offended by the Confederate Battle Flag. If they truly respect the heritage of the Confederacy. THIS is the flag that flew over Richmond

1st_confederate+flag.gif

For the first year. Then it was changed, by the Confederate Congress, to this pattern:
2011-95-1_Confederate_Second_National_Flag_%285669542154%29.jpg

They performed menial labor for the Confederaes. They were not trusted with guns

Wrong again, moron. Refer to my other post. They were issued weapons.
http://www.marinersmuseum.org/blogs/civilwar/?p=2873

Professor John Stauffer of Harvard has recently done research on just this subject, and estimates that there may have been a bit over 3,000 black soldiers formed on the Confederate side (Article HERE.) Now, before you get excited, keep in mind that Stauffer points out that many of these black soldiers were not accepted by the Confederate government and were not issued firearms: still more of these soldiers were coerced into joining the military, and others joined to escape miserable poverty. Professor Carol Sheriff of the College of William and Mary reinforces the notion that any blacks who fought did so somewhat involuntarily, by clarifying that some black*body-servants*may have taken up arms in the heat of battle to defend their masters and themselves, and even then they were sometimes forced to do so. (Article HERE.) She also makes the point that arming blacks or allowing them to fight in the military was illegal in the Confederacy. This makes it extremely difficult to claim that the Confederates used black troops

John Stauffer - Professor of English and African and African American Studies at Harvard University.

This guy is obviously a left-wing crank. Why should anyone accept his "study" as credible?

Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

I'm not a big fan of the Confederacy, I'm also not a big fan for what that flag symbolized before, during, and after the Civil rights Era; I don't blame the NAACP for protesting it, that's their First Amendment right to do so as is flying that flag on private property. I live somewhat close to the Richmond area and I don't give a shit if they fly that flag or not. I heard on the radio today, that the Confederate flag as we know it today was actually not the flag of the Confederacy, but the flag used in Tennessee. That flag was used and is used by many hate groups, that's why some if not many Black people have an aversion to that flag.
I DO think that some people do honor that flag for reason of "heritage and not hate", in some ways it just morphed into popular culture with some groups of people, just like say the "urban style" has morphed with some groups of people, and in my opinion the true meaning of it is kind of superficial with no true feeling towards it.
I'm part Black, my wife is White, and when we went to visit my in laws in the mountains of North Georgia near Chattanooga Tennessee, I met a nephew I haven't met before, we hit it off right away and he wanted to take the dogs to the creek when I first got there. If you looked at his facebook picture with a rebel flag behind it, the Mossy Oak stickers on his truck, and the Rebel Flag license plate, one would come to a different conclusion or have a different perception of him. He is in fact a fine young man who doesn't seem to harbor any racial animus. It's just part of their "Redneck culture" up there, just like a few decades back (scary!), a lot of urban youths were wearing "X's" on their caps and tee shirts, as part of their "Urban culture"..

If I do this right the flags are pictured below. The Confederacy had three flags.

The Confederate government used three flags, but different military units often used individualised flags of many different designs. The Saint Andrew's Cross battleflag of the Army of Northern Virginia being just one of them and was introduced by General P. G. T. Beauregard after first Manassas.

I have no knowledge that they ever promised to free their slaves. However, it's a moot point. Where are your facts?

That would be because you are not very bright but desperately wish everyone thinks you are. Again where are your facts from a credible source that supports your theory? You prove me wrong with accounts from actual slaves not something a white person wrote. They have no clue what was going on at best and at worst they are revisionist. Are you denying that confederate rosters were not destroyed? Are you sure you want to stand by that statement?

Typical liberal BS. If everybody doesn't think like them then we need to change because they know more.

Fags

I got one for you

Leave us alone and if you don't like the flag, don't look at it

-Geaux

Wrong again, moron. Refer to my other post. They were issued weapons.
http://www.marinersmuseum.org/blogs/civilwar/?p=2873

Professor John Stauffer of Harvard has recently done research on just this subject, and estimates that there may have been a bit over 3,000 black soldiers formed on the Confederate side (Article HERE.) Now, before you get excited, keep in mind that Stauffer points out that many of these black soldiers were not accepted by the Confederate government and were not issued firearms: still more of these soldiers were coerced into joining the military, and others joined to escape miserable poverty. Professor Carol Sheriff of the College of William and Mary reinforces the notion that any blacks who fought did so somewhat involuntarily, by clarifying that some black*body-servants*may have taken up arms in the heat of battle to defend their masters and themselves, and even then they were sometimes forced to do so. (Article HERE.) She also makes the point that arming blacks or allowing them to fight in the military was illegal in the Confederacy. This makes it extremely difficult to claim that the Confederates used black troops

John Stauffer - Professor of English and African and African American Studies at Harvard University.

This guy is obviously a left-wing crank. Why should anyone accept his "study" as credible?

You have been schooled finger boy ....now STFU

Disprove that blacks were forbidden by law to be armed

Last edited:
History gives lie to myth of black Confederate soldiers

A racist fabrication has sprung up in the last decade: that the Confederacy had "thousands" of African- American slaves "fighting" in its armies during the Civil War.

Unfortunately, even some African-American men today have gotten conned into Putting on Confederate uniforms to play "re-enactors" in an army that fought to ensure that their ancestors would remain slaves.

There are two underlying points of this claim: first, to say that slavery wasn't so bad, because after all, the slaves themselves fought to preserve the slave South; and second, that the Confederacy wasn't really fighting for slavery. Both these notions may make some of our contemporaries feel good, but neither is historically accurate.

Last edited:

A racist fabrication has sprung up in the last decade: that the Confederacy had "thousands" of African- American slaves "fighting" in its armies during the Civil War.

Unfortunately, even some African-American men today have gotten conned into Putting on Confederate uniforms to play "re-enactors" in an army that fought to ensure that their ancestors would remain slaves.

There are two underlying points of this claim: first, to say that slavery wasn't so bad, because after all, the slaves themselves fought to preserve the slave South; and second, that the Confederacy wasn't really fighting for slavery. Both these notions may make some of our contemporaries feel good, but neither is historically accurate.

I guess Frederick Douglas was mistaken when he stated that he witnessed black Confederates under arms?

NAACP can kiss my ass.

Fly it

-Geaux
Burning-Confederate-Flag-91447142475.jpeg

The vanquished Confederacy can Kiss ALL TRUE PATRIOT's ASSES and that goes for the dead one's too!. I'll buy and burn as many of those traitorous symbols as I can and destroy every one of em where they can be seem smoking for miles around!

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Burn away!! I have spent 23 yrs in the US Army. What have you done for our country? That Battle Flag flies in my basement for my ancestors. Do you even have ancestors? You seem like a vile person being anonymous all.

How about you let your life partner fight his own battles? Since both of you want to see some evidence I want to see yours first from a credible source. Stop trying to use history rewritten to make you feel less guilty for you KKK roots.

Watch the little baby resort to personal attacks when everyone refuses to play his game of "prove me wrong."

The adults in this forum don't demand that others do their work for them. Prove your claims or shut the fuck up.

That would be because you are not very bright but desperately wish everyone thinks you are. Again where are your facts from a credible source that supports your theory?

What theory? You're the one who posted a theory that slave owners frequently chopped off the feet of their property. You obviously can't support it because if you had the evidence you would have posted it.

You prove me wrong with accounts from actual slaves not something a white person wrote.

You still don't get how this process works, do you, ass-crack? I'm not obligated to prove your theories wrong, just as I'm not obligated to prove big foot exists. You made a claim, and now you can't support it. Just admit you're full of shit and get over it.

They have no clue what was going on at best and at worst they are revisionist. Are you denying that confederate rosters were not destroyed? Are you sure you want to stand by that statement?

Prove they were destroyed, ass-crack.

Another lib makes a claim about the Civil War and then provides not a shred of evidence to support it. This seems to be a pattern with the Lincoln cult. Everything they know about the Civil War exists purely in their own minds.

Forum List

Back