Group to fly Confederate flag; NAACP opposes

Did those poor whites fight for or against slavery? Did they beg the owners of the plantations to make them slaves so they could "live better" like the black slaves? Were they allowed to vote? Were they allowed to move to a better place if they wished to?

What do you think being a tenant farmer was? Basically it was volunteering for the role of a field slave. I work the fields, you feed and house me.

Have you of the left NEVER studied any real history?

They clearly know nothing about indentured slaves. In the early days of this country, most indentured slaves were white and they indentured themselves to earn passage to the new world.

Must suck to actually be able to make that choice to indenture yourself.

Must suck to actually be able to make that choice to indenture yourself.

You think it was pleasant to be so desperate for food that you'd sell yourself and your children into slavery?

The racism that drives you, blinds you to even the most basic facts.

Do you think it was pleasant to have that choice made for you? I dont recall anyone giving slaves an option. Your logic is interesting.

Do you think it was pleasant to have that choice made for you? I dont recall anyone giving slaves an option. Your logic is interesting.

No one ever said slaves had a great lot in life. The bullshit is what you leftists claim in regard to "privileged whites." About 25% of whites owned land - the other 75% had a pretty shitty life.

No one ever said slaves had a great lot in life. The bullshit is what you leftists claim in regard to "privileged whites." About 25% of whites owned land - the other 75% had a pretty shitty life.

The whole point is no white persons life was shittier than a slaves life. No one sold their children off and raped their women with nothing they could do about it.

Yeah. If a bunch of inbred, gap-toothed, third grade educated, welfare trailer park redneck hicks want to advertise their ignorance to the world, that's their right.

"Ad homs - final refuge of those with nothing worthwhile to say."

A Confederate heritage group confirmed Tuesday that it plans to fly a 10-by-15-foot Confederate flag along Interstate 95 just south of Richmond.

The flag will fly on a 50-foot pole, and will be visible from the northbound lane, said Susan Hathaway, founder of Virginia Flaggers, the group behind the flag. It’s tentatively scheduled to go up Sept. 28.

“Basically, the flag is being erected as a memor ial to the memory and the honor of the Confederate soldiers who sacrificed, bled and died to defend Virginia from invasion,” she said.

The state’s chapter of the NAACP is vocally opposing the move.
Confederate flag will fly along I-95 - Richmond Times-Dispatch: City Of Richmond
Of course they do.
But... so what?
Do they expect someone, like the state, to stop them?

Having the right to free speech means that, sometimes, people are going to say things you don't like. Put your big girl panties on and get over it.

From the article it sounds like they are expressing their free speech to be against the idea.

It goes both ways, you are free to vocalize being against something. :cool:

african americans are in denial about the fact that it was their ancestors that sold their ancestors into slavery

they should be more outraged at the sight of any African flag

Blacks were the only ones that have ever been slaves? Do tell!!

How many whites did America keep in slavery?

Should be interesting

Plenty.

One of my ancestors arrived here in 1650 as an indentured servant at the age of 14.

Now a question for you.

How many blacks owned slaves?

Sorry but people are not that gullible. An indentured servant is not a slave hence the 2 different names. Indentured servants were only bound for a period of time to point out 1 major difference. Blacks did own slaves however this was only in the eyes of the law. Most of the time their "slaves " were extended family members they wanted to protect as they wold be fair game for any white if unclaimed without any freedom papers. Black slave owners did not use the same psychological and physical torture the whites used on their slaves. I'm pretty sure there were some exceptions as evil exists in every race.

Forum List

Back