Gruber: Biggest Ass in America?

Besides telling most Americans they're idiots, which I agree with, what did this guy do that warrants the expense of an inquiry like this?

Does it make Obamacare any more likely to be repealed?

And is it even being covered by the mainstream media?
The Federal govt paid him a substantial amount of money. So there is a reason there.
It also shows how the Dems schemed to get this crap passed. Gruber isnt sorry he said that shit. He's only sorry he got caught saying it.

BINGO. I really love how he can't remember how much he was paid. What a tool.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
does the following ring a bell ?

Hitlery Clintoon invented the Clinton defense of "I don't recall/I don't remember,"

she used, “I don't recall” some 50 times in one deposition, that also proved to be very effective.
I'm glad you all are so confident this will lead to a repeal of Obamacare.

But that can't possibly happen before the 1st quarter of 2017, if a Republican president is elected, or a Democrat that will allow a Republican congress to make those changes.
Wrong.
It will take 2/3rds of each house of Congress to over ride a veto. And at the rate Democrats are running scared that wont be hard.

Huh, Obamacare was one of the most important actions that Obama wanted to do and the fact that one of the people which helped to create it, now criticizes it. That shows to us that Obama is not "successful" president again!

The GOP seems to be in the same spot the 49ers are in.

They've won some recent victories, but the competition is on to them.

The DNC has set up traps all over if the GOP pursues scandals, tries to repeal Obamacare, or tries to shut down the government.

And by the way Fox News righties, and GOP politicians talk...they don't even realize it!...or more likely, they can't do anything about it.
The DNC will be leading hte charge to repeal Obamacare. Look how many elections it's cost them.
Sure, that'll happen.......uh boyeee....

What some of the purple states Democrats might do is support some changes, like removing the medical device tax.
Look at the comments by Schumer and Harkin on how supporting Obamacare was a mistake. Look at the losses the Democrats have sustained from this debacle. Half of the 60 who voted for it are gone. The rest are running scared.
Yeah, they'll vote to repeal, replace, or anything else to run away.
I work for a medical insurance company, and did you know that doing an "about face" right now would be more trouble for us, doctors, and patients, then trying to tweak it and make it work?
Awwww, my heart bleeds for you.
There is no "tweaking" this shit. The basic premise of the law is so flawed nothing good can come out of it. It needs to be scrapped pronto.
You don't know what you're talking about then....

That law has metastasized itself to our industry. You can't just dust off the old systems we used before the ACA, change everyone's plans back t what they were, rehire all the people that left because of it.

You'd wind up cutting off the head to cure the headache.

Besides telling most Americans they're idiots, which I agree with, what did this guy do that warrants the expense of an inquiry like this?

The Federal govt paid him a substantial amount of money. So there is a reason there.
It also shows how the Dems schemed to get this crap passed. Gruber isnt sorry he said that shit. He's only sorry he got caught saying it.

BINGO. I really love how he can't remember how much he was paid. What a tool.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
does the following ring a bell ?

Hitlery Clintoon invented the Clinton defense of "I don't recall/I don't remember,"

she used, “I don't recall” some 50 times in one deposition, that also proved to be very effective.
I'm glad you all are so confident this will lead to a repeal of Obamacare.

But that can't possibly happen before the 1st quarter of 2017, if a Republican president is elected, or a Democrat that will allow a Republican congress to make those changes.
Wrong.
It will take 2/3rds of each house of Congress to over ride a veto. And at the rate Democrats are running scared that wont be hard.
see post # 323.

Also...if Obamacare is repealed, there are millions of people who might vote Democratic in 2016, who might have otherwise voted Republican, just to be able to keep their medical insurance.

The DNC will be leading hte charge to repeal Obamacare. Look how many elections it's cost them.

What some of the purple states Democrats might do is support some changes, like removing the medical device tax.
Look at the comments by Schumer and Harkin on how supporting Obamacare was a mistake. Look at the losses the Democrats have sustained from this debacle. Half of the 60 who voted for it are gone. The rest are running scared.
I work for a medical insurance company, and did you know that doing an "about face" right now would be more trouble for us, doctors, and patients, then trying to tweak it and make it work?
There is no "tweaking" this shit. The basic premise of the law is so flawed nothing good can come out of it. It needs to be scrapped pronto.

That law has metastasized itself to our industry. You can't just dust off the old systems we used before the ACA, change everyone's plans back t what they were, rehire all the people that left because of it.

That is an apologist's argument. Anything that has been built can be dismantled. The employer mandate has been delayed. Only 6.7M people are enrolled. It's far better to unwind it now before more lives are destroyed by this Obamanation.

Last edited:

That is an apologists argument. Anything that has been built can be dismantled. The employer mandate has been delayed. Only 6.7M people are enrolled. It's far better to unwind it now before more lives are destroyed by this Obamanation.
It's not an apologist argument, it's the reality in the medical insurance business.

Listen...I am at ground zero with the ACA. I have lived it, breathed it, and work 50+ hours a week, since open enrollment started November on 2013. Pundits on TV, and politicians in Washington don't know as much as I do about how it affects the policy holders.

You can order this dismantling of it, but people like me will have to deal with the unintended consequences. If you want to break the backs of insurance carriers...you're going to wind up with an access to care crisis, which may result in a government system.

Oh what a great question.

According to HIM... he set up deceptive methods used in part, to pass policy which effects everyone in the country. Meaning that, specifically, he defrauded us all.
Very good, what do we do about that?

We charge him with whatever crimes are relevant, investigate those charges to determine if he and any others have in fact violated the law and where evidence is found, we try them on the merit of those charges and upon conviction, adjudicate... .

Then pass a new law which prohibits them from ever participating in government, at any level... for the rest of their natural lives.

Such behavior is a violation of trust. It usurps the means of the citizen to govern themselves and tears at the very fabric of the culture.

Oh what a great question.

According to HIM... he set up deceptive methods used in part, to pass policy which effects everyone in the country. Meaning that, specifically, he defrauded us all.
Very good, what do we do about that?

We charge him with whatever crimes are relevant, investigate those charges to determine if he and any others have in fact violated the law and where evidence is found, we try them on the merit of those charges and upon conviction, adjudicate... .

Then pass a new law which prohibits them from ever participating in government, at any level... for the rest of their natural lives.

Such behavior is a violation of trust. It usurps the means of the citizen to govern themselves and tears at the very fabric of the culture.
That's not unreasonable at all.

As much as it pains me, I'm inclined to agree.

The GOP seems to be in the same spot the 49ers are in.

They've won some recent victories, but the competition is on to them.

The DNC has set up traps all over if the GOP pursues scandals, tries to repeal Obamacare, or tries to shut down the government.

And by the way Fox News righties, and GOP politicians talk...they don't even realize it!...or more likely, they can't do anything about it.

Describe in your own words the 'basic premise' of this law.

That is an apologists argument. Anything that has been built can be dismantled. The employer mandate has been delayed. Only 6.7M people are enrolled. It's far better to unwind it now before more lives are destroyed by this Obamanation.
It's not an apologist argument, it's the reality in the medical insurance business.

Listen...I am at ground zero with the ACA. I have lived it, breathed it, and work 50+ hours a week, since open enrollment started November on 2013. Pundits on TV, and politicians in Washington don't know as much as I do about how it affects the policy holders.

You can order this dismantling of it, but people like me will have to deal with the unintended consequences. If you want to break the backs of insurance carriers...you're going to wind up with an access to care crisis, which may result in a government system.

IOW: ObamaCare is corporate welfare for the Insurance Industry, and the money must flow.

IOW: ObamaCare is corporate welfare for the Insurance Industry, and the money must flow.
If you force regulation onto an industry that's never been tried before, there should also be protections from resulting catastrophies, especially in the case of something as critical as healthcare.

If insurance carriers went broke all at once, less than 2% of Americans could afford medical care. This would result in the access to care crisis I've talked about...which could very well lead to a government system

I know the answer to that.

Provide access to affordable healthcare.

It's not actually doing that either.

What's happened is it's allowed people access to expensive healthcare where they couldn't be insured before, and the prices for the rest have gone up.

That's what happened.

If you force regulation onto an industry that's never been tried before, there should also be protections from resulting catastrophies, especially in the case of something as critical as healthcare.

If insurance carriers went broke all at once, less than 2% of Americans could afford medical care. This would result in the access to care crisis I've talked about...which could very well lead to a government system

Scuze me - but the Insurance Industry cooperated in the drafting of this bill. And I'm pretty clear that health insurance IS NOT HEALTH CARE. If they screwed up their businesses by aligning themselves with Obama, then tough for them. Continuing with the ACA is just throwing good money after bad. No Bail Outs for insurance companies.

Last edited:

What's happened is it's allowed people access to expensive healthcare where they couldn't be insured before, and the prices for the rest have gone up.

That's what happened.

Scuze me - that is nonsense. Given the high co-pays and deductibles, the health care people access is largely paid via there own cash anyway, which they could have done prior to ObamaCare.

Scuze me - but the Insurance Industry cooperated in the drafting of this bill. And I'm pretty clear that health insurance IS NOT HEALTH CARE. If they screwed up there businesses by aligning themselves with Obama, then tough for them. Continuing with the ACA is just throwing good money after bad. No Bail Outs for insurance companies.
God, do you believe everything you read?

They had to give their input, but by no means could you consider them co-authors of the law.

But if you favor a government system, it may just come to that

Scuze me - but the Insurance Industry cooperated in the drafting of this bill. And I'm pretty clear that health insurance IS NOT HEALTH CARE. If they screwed up there businesses by aligning themselves with Obama, then tough for them. Continuing with the ACA is just throwing good money after bad. No Bail Outs for insurance companies.

They had to give their input, but by no means could you consider them co-authors of the law.

God, do you believe everything your Insurance Industry shills tell you?

I most certainly do not favor a government system. Leaving ObamaCare in place will lead to that.

That's what happened.

Scuze me - that is nonsense. Given the high co-pays and deductibles, the health care people access is largely paid via there own cash anyway, which they could have done prior to ObamaCare.
You're not taking into account how much those costs would have risen anyway without the ACA.

What you wrote doesn't seem to addres my points, could you clarify?

That's what happened.

You're not taking into account how much those costs would have risen anyway without the ACA.

I already addressed your comments - you just don't care for the answer.

Health insurance is not health care. If we want to improve access to health care, there are better ways to do it instead of having the Feds bail out insurance companies. I've provided ideas on how to do that in numerous threads on the topic.

God, do you believe everything your Insurance Industry shills tell you?

I most certainly do not favor a government system. Leaving ObamaCare in place will lead to that.
You may have missed what I said.

I do this for a living. I talk to 20-50 people a day about ACA plans. I talk with people at the federal exchange all day. I've been in on systems integration meetings prior to the change to ACA, and I can't emphasize enough about how little pundits, writers, and politicians know about the ACA.

If you think there are shills in the insurance industry, then I'm one of them.

That's what happened.

I already addressed your comments - you just don't care for the answer.

Health insurance is not health care. If we want to improve access to health care, there are better ways to do it instead of having the Feds bail out insurance companies. I've provided ideas on how to do that in numerous threads on the topic.
Frankly you have no idea what you're talking about.

That's like someone who just learned how to change an oil filter, telling GM how to build a car

Forum List

Back