Guide To The Liberal Mind

More from the Liberal Mind.....

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

JFK Sept 1960

I'd write a book on the conservative mind but it would be to short.

It would only contain the following.

1. One God.
2. One King.
3. One people.
4. One Tradition.

And that would be it.

First off the OP should ask himself what is liberalism, is it what we are seeing today that wants social control and authority over the masses or liberalism of the past?

To me their are big difference between the too. Contemporary libs that we are witnessing today are not liberals but social authoritarians.

Liberals are the same as they have always been

Unfortunately...so are conservatives

I disagree. Not sure how old your are but just during my life time I've seen hippies advocate freedom and liberty only turn to social authoritarianism once they gain political influence.

And yes I've seen some old guard conservative wanting to create laws to preserve their beliefs....much what we are seeing from libs today.

1. One God.
2. One King.
3. One people.
4. One Tradition.

And that would be it.

Hello Sallow, its been a long time.

You really don't believe this do you?

1. One God.
2. One King.
3. One people.
4. One Tradition.

And that would be it.

I could write a shorter book

No

To write a book on the mind, don't you have to have one first?

Not only do you need a mind but the ability to write coherently would be an essential requirement too.

But this does raise an interesting question. Why do those least qualified to write on a topic believe that they should tackle the subject matter? Isn't one of the basic premises that books are written by those who actually have a grasp of the subject matter concerned? Instead we have clueless buffoons who believe that they are "experts" spouting utter gibberish to their equally uninformed audiences.

The OP should start with something more within his own range of "expertise". The 'Dummy's Guide to Pretentious Obliviousness' would be an appropriate topic for the OP since that covers all of his threads to date.
I think he can write a chapter or two on how liberals think they're smarter than everyone else. Make sure to use lots of big words so they''ll be impressed.

The extreme right derides education because it cannot compete. Their low self esteem is their problem. Ignorance can be cured through education but stupidity is a life sentence.

This kills me and then they wonder why America cant compete with others who get free college and healthcare. Sorry, they dont want us to compete with those places in the realm of new ideas they want us to compete with China for lower wages
Yeah, millions want to move there.

Yeah because moving there is the point of my post

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

JFK Sept 1960

Did you read the JFK Quote?

"someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar..."

JFK Sept 1960

Did you read the JFK Quote?

"someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar..."

Do you have difficulty reading?

If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dolla

I live next to the Arab capital of America Dearborn, MI and I don't hear of any problems with Muslims here in America.

I'm just asking you if you take responsibility for radical chrstians just like you ask moderate muslims to take responsibility for radical muslims.

I don't want moderate muslims to "take responsibility" for terrorism. I want them to denounce it. Loudly, repeatedly, and continuously.

I am a (flawed, but) devout Christian, and I denounce the Westboro Baptist Church. Furthermore, the Baptist Church, the Methodist Church, the Evangelical Church, and the Reformed Church have all denounced Westboro Baptist Church by publicly writing: "We do not share their hatred of lesbian and gay people. We believe that God loves all, irrespective of sexual orientation, and we unreservedly stand against their message of hate toward those communities. Neither the style nor substance of their preaching expresses the historic, orthodox Christian faith..."

I am waiting to see a similar response from the various mosques concerning the activities of ISIS.

I doubt you'll find it, but if you do, let me know.

By the way, I think I heard about 40 muslims showed up in Dearborn to protest the Islamic actions on 9/11/01. FORTY. That's it, just FORTY. How many muslims are in Dearborn? Over forty THOUSAND?

Go to a military serviceman's funeral where the Westboro klan is going to be at....you will see HUNDREDS of Patriot Guard riders there to protect the family of the deceased servicemen from them.

Last edited:
Not only do you need a mind but the ability to write coherently would be an essential requirement too.

But this does raise an interesting question. Why do those least qualified to write on a topic believe that they should tackle the subject matter? Isn't one of the basic premises that books are written by those who actually have a grasp of the subject matter concerned? Instead we have clueless buffoons who believe that they are "experts" spouting utter gibberish to their equally uninformed audiences.

The OP should start with something more within his own range of "expertise". The 'Dummy's Guide to Pretentious Obliviousness' would be an appropriate topic for the OP since that covers all of his threads to date.
I think he can write a chapter or two on how liberals think they're smarter than everyone else. Make sure to use lots of big words so they''ll be impressed.

The extreme right derides education because it cannot compete. Their low self esteem is their problem. Ignorance can be cured through education but stupidity is a life sentence.

This kills me and then they wonder why America cant compete with others who get free college and healthcare. Sorry, they dont want us to compete with those places in the realm of new ideas they want us to compete with China for lower wages
Yeah, millions want to move there.

Yeah because moving there is the point of my post

So you want us to be like them?

I doubt that. Democrats raise taxes and wages, institute rigid regulations designed to increase overhead and they blame the GOP for chasing companies out of the country because of the global economic environment they created.

Last edited:
I live next to the Arab capital of America Dearborn, MI and I don't hear of any problems with Muslims here in America.

I'm just asking you if you take responsibility for radical chrstians just like you ask moderate muslims to take responsibility for radical muslims.

I don't want moderate muslims to "take responsibility" for terrorism. I want them to denounce it. Loudly, repeatedly, and continuously.

I am a (flawed, but) devout Christian, and I denounce the Westboro Baptist Church. Furthermore, the Baptist Church, the Methodist Church, the Evangelical Church, and the Reformed Church have all denounced Westboro Baptist Church by publicly writing: "We do not share their hatred of lesbian and gay people. We believe that God loves all, irrespective of sexual orientation, and we unreservedly stand against their message of hate toward those communities. Neither the style nor substance of their preaching expresses the historic, orthodox Christian faith..."

I am waiting to see a similar response from the various mosques concerning the activities of ISIS.

By the way, I think I heard about 40 muslims showed up in Dearborn to protest the Islamic actions on 9/11/01. FORTY. That's it, just FORTY. How many muslims are in Dearborn? Over forty THOUSAND?

Go to a military serviceman's funeral where the Westboro klan is going to be at....you will see HUNDREDS of Patriot Guard riders there to protect the family of the deceased servicemen from them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...m-leaders-call-isis-crazy-criminals/14608335/

Why are you guys so blind when it comes to US Muslims? You told the same lies after 9-11. "Muslims NEVER condemn terrorism"

CAIR Condemns ISIS Violence and Rejects Calls to Join Extremists Fighting Abroad - CAIR

American Muslims view the actions of ISIS as un-Islamic and morally repugnant. No religion condones the murder of civilians, the beheading of religious scholars or the desecration of houses of worship. We condemn the actions of ISIS and reject its assertion that all Muslims are required to pay allegiance to its leader.
"CAIR strongly urges American imams and other community leaders to continue to speak out against American Muslims traveling abroad to join extremist groups and sectarian militias. While ISIS uses romanticized imagery in its propaganda materials, its human rights abuses on the ground are well-documented."

6a0120a62fff79970c0133f58bd4ee970b-800wi

FIFTY people showed up, out of a muslim population of over 40,000.

Again, go to where a U.S. Servicemember is being buried and the Westboro Baptist Church is going to protest, you will see HUNDREDS of Patriot Guard Riders protecting the grieving family from the radicalism.

Mich. Muslim leaders call Islamic State crazy criminals

Why are you guys so blind when it comes to US Muslims? You told the same lies after 9-11. "Muslims NEVER condemn terrorism"

CAIR Condemns ISIS Violence and Rejects Calls to Join Extremists Fighting Abroad - CAIR

American Muslims view the actions of ISIS as un-Islamic and morally repugnant. No religion condones the murder of civilians, the beheading of religious scholars or the desecration of houses of worship. We condemn the actions of ISIS and reject its assertion that all Muslims are required to pay allegiance to its leader.
"CAIR strongly urges American imams and other community leaders to continue to speak out against American Muslims traveling abroad to join extremist groups and sectarian militias. While ISIS uses romanticized imagery in its propaganda materials, its human rights abuses on the ground are well-documented."

Forum List

Back