"Gun Appreciation Day" Didn't Work Out So Well,..

Worldwide – U.S. Ranks 1st in Gun Ownership and 28th in Gun Homicide

Actually, it's 1st in Gun Homicide amongst western democracies.

Should we be surprised that you are championing have less homicides than Zimbabwe?!

The article came from......get this.....
Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics

No it didn't. At the bottom of the link it says:

The Examiner.com is a right wing blog owned by Phillip Anschultz.

Again, do you read this shit before you post links?

No, he does't.

BigReb would post anything - absolutely anything at all - that backs gun use.

Don't think for a minute that he doesn't know full well that homicide rates in the US are catastrophic.

You really need to stop making dumb ass statements.

Should we be surprised that you are championing have less homicides than Zimbabwe?!

western democracies? Uh oh... Methinks the goalposts are moving again...:cuckoo:

Oh.... yeah..... those "statistics"..... Have you taken the time to actually study how their compilations were done? How they "assessed" their data, lumping entire categories together that provide a very skewed view? The devil is in the details which is why I rely on the FBI stats. At least half of all firearm related deaths are due to gang related violence and the vast majority of gang owned firearms were not legally purchased.

Yes, I have taken the time to read this research. At the moment, that makes one of us.

Read the research with an open mind, and get back to me when you're done. Not before.

Why anyone would attack research he hadn't even looked at it beyond me.
I've got a couple words to help you understand...

1. Fanaticism

2. Radical reacionaries

They go hand-in-hand in gun-nut world.

Are you surprised?

Yes, American put a high value on human life. Women shouldn't have abortions because that's killing, but if someone tries to take your cash or your TV, his life is worthless and he can be shot and killed with impunity.

That's not even an eye for an eye. That's a life for a few pieces of paper. If the robber had been armed and had killed the store owner for the $200 in the till, it would have been considered a most barbaric and heinous crime, to put such a low value on another life. The robber's life is also worth more than $200, even if he is a complete piece of shit.

The store owner also happened to be a City Councillor, who sat on the Police Services Board and was hard core right wing. He was forced to resign his seat on the board, and he lost his Council seat because of this act of vigilantyism. A lot of people agreed with you, but more agreed that we don't want store owners having guns behind their counters either.

Robbery attempts like these are very rare in Canada, and if the store owners are armed, the robbers will be and the body county will climb. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many store clerks in Toronto have been seriously injured in daylight robberies in the past 30 years on the fingers of one hand.

I disagree that a criminal's life is worth more than two hundred dollars. I find it hard to put a monetary value at all on a piece of shit like a criminal.
Thank God you're crazy RW A$$ isn't in charge.

My goodness!!

*SMH*

Are you surprised?

OH I see you finally came back I thought you had a heart attack after view that you support the racist motivated agenda of gun control.

Not at all...

I'm just tired of watching kids die because you have a fetish...

ROFL! No, you'd rather watch innocent people die because they didn't have a gun to defend themselves.

You don't give a damn about kids dying.

Guns are almost never effectively used in self-defense...

Non-starter argument.

Again, how is it we have 11,000 Gun Murders and Japan has 11? Oh, wait, the Japanese don't have guns!

That's it.

Guns are almost never used effectively in self-defense? Where did you come up with that Bullshit lie? As for the Japanese... With the devastation and murder they wreaked upon the Far East from 1931-1945, who'd want them to have guns?

No The U.S. is Number 1 in Gun ownership and number 28 in gun Homicides.

Please be honest.

The US ranks #1 in gun homicides when compared to western democracies.

Please admit this.

BigReb -

Isn't a sad thing - and I really mean this - that you can only justify your position by triumphing the fact that you have less murders than Afghanistan.

That's your standarrd. That's where you set the bar.

Be happy America - we have less murders than Afghanistan!!

And you call THAT honesty??

BigReb -

Isn't a sad thing - and I really mean this - that you can only justify your position by triumphing the fact that you have less murders than Afghanistan.

That's your standarrd. That's where you set the bar.

Be happy America - we have less murders than Afghanistan!!

And you call THAT honesty??

The fact is America leads the world in Firearm ownership, but doesn't lead the world in gun homicides.

BigReb -

Actually, no, that is a nonsense and a fantasy - no matter how many times you repeat it.

There is no developed country on earth that bears the weight of homicides you triumph as some kind of great success.

BigReb -

Actually, no, that is a nonsense and a fantasy - no matter how many times you repeat it.

There is no developed country on earth that bears the weight of homicides you triumph as some kind of great success.

The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
• But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people

Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country | News | guardian.co.uk

OH I see you finally came back I thought you had a heart attack after view that you support the racist motivated agenda of gun control.
It's called being busy Big Rebecca. And I find myself being more happy and at piece during my absence.

It's no fun trying to pound sense into radical RW knuckeheads like you.

Glad to know you missed me though.

:cool:

A ball peen hammer and a meat treat = Sleepy puppy

My Mastiff doesn't trust strangers and objects to anyone coming near me, even a child. The other dog is more friendly, but makes a lot of noise and is very alert.

So what happens when your dangerous pet bites someone?
Like maybe one of those kids he's so fond of.

At least a gun only goes off when you pull the trigger. Unlike your killer dog who could go off at anytime.

I think we should just go ahead and kill your dog before he hurts someone.

My English Mastiff isn't an aggressive dog, she is just very protective. The breed does tend to identify with very few people and were used to guard people's homes and castles. They don't behave like some dogs that will attack on site, but they growl at what could be considered a threat and they aren't the kind of dog somebody would want to challenge. The English Mastiff is known to be the largest dog, but I don't overfeed mine, nor keep her skinny. I've read that overfeeding them will shorten their lifespan, so I try to keep her healthy and not overfeed her. I can see how they can become quite large, because they always want to eat something that tastes good. My guess is those hugh English Mastiffs are raised on game. When I eat something that wouldn't hurt a dog, I'll save a small piece for a treat, but I want her to basically eat dog food that is good for her. To keep it from getting too boring, I'll occasionally add things to their dog food and spice it up for them.

I think we should just go ahead and kill your dog before he hurts someone.

You talk like a fool!

We kills my dog and we meets one of my brother's Thompsons. Since my dog is always in the house or around me, we has no business getting near it.

It's called being busy Big Rebecca. And I find myself being more happy and at piece during my absence.

It's no fun trying to pound sense into radical RW knuckeheads like you.

Glad to know you missed me though.

:cool:

I'm sorry Marcie yes it's true we all have busy lives.
So stop wasting time.
Why do you support the Historical racially motivated agenda called gun control?

There are more shootings and deaths in gun free zone's than there have been at gun shows.

Boy, just the words "Gun Free Zone" make you wet your pants, don't they?

There is no such thing as a gun free zone where I am concern I carry most places I go. So nope.

So what if the GOvernment bans guns and takes all of yours?

Frankly, the fact you need to "carry" everywhere you go tells me you have pretty severe insecurities.

Not at all...

I'm just tired of watching kids die because you have a fetish...

ROFL! No, you'd rather watch innocent people die because they didn't have a gun to defend themselves.

Non-starter argument.

Again, how is it we have 11,000 Gun Murders and Japan has 11? Oh, wait, the Japanese don't have guns!

That's it.

That is utter horseshit. It's too stupid to even bother with a substantive response.

Non-starter argument.

That's it.

That is utter horseshit. It's too stupid to even bother with a substantive response.

Good thing for you. YOu wouldn't know a"substantive response" if it bit you on the ass.

An angry, rude child is the perfect avatar for you.

Boy, just the words "Gun Free Zone" make you wet your pants, don't they?

There is no such thing as a gun free zone where I am concern I carry most places I go. So nope.

So what if the GOvernment bans guns and takes all of yours?

Frankly, the fact you need to "carry" everywhere you go tells me you have pretty severe insecurities.

I've said it once I've said it twice I have said plenty of times. I will treat any uninvited LEO as a home invader
They are not taking my guns because of an unjust unconstitutional law, and yes I have the numbers in support to prevent that.

Forum List

Back