Gun Control - What's the Problem?

Another example of bat shit crazy gun control laws. "Reasonable" gun control laws are never reasonable.

Man arrested with gun, magazines, knife in school in Clarksville

A man who was picking up a student walked into Byrns Darden Elementary School packing a handgun, two spare magazines and a knife on Monday.

School Resource Officers with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office stopped the man and arrested him for possessing a firearm inside an elementary school, according to a news release.

At 3:18 p.m., the 53-year-old man entered the school to pick up a student, according to Sandra Brandon, MCSO spokeswoman. Front office staff noticed what looked to be the outline of a firearm under his clothing and notified the School Resource Officer.

While waiting for the SRO, faculty, staff and administrators monitored the man from the office and remotely via cameras, according to Anthony Jordan, CMCSS spokesman.

The man, who does have a valid handgun carry permit, said he was unaware that it was against the law to carry in the school. The law is posted on the door when entering the school, Brandon said.

The man, who does have a valid handgun carry permit, said he was unaware that it was against the law to carry in the school. The law is posted on the door when entering the school, Brandon said.

You're not defending this guy are you?

No, but you're sure willing to make him a felon and throw the book at him for a mistake that was harmless--like about 75% of all gun laws do (see lawmaker who unlawfully made an SBR and was not prosecuted, but let it be one of us, and you commie cocksuckers have no problem sending us to a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison).

See why we don't trust you fucking cocksuckers. There will be no compromise, thanks to you and your ilk.

The Constitution of the US says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The guy was picking up his granddaughter. No intention of committing a crime. He had a concealed weapon and a CWP.

He did nothing fucking wrong except violate some stupid oppressive "reasonable" gun control law.

Fuck gun control laws.

Yes I am defending him...so he made a mistake. BTW if he wanted to do harm and was a criminal (which he wasn't) he wouldn't carry a weapon so obviously. This is nothing more than an excuse for you gun-grabbers to inflate beyond logic.

No, but you're sure willing to make him a felon and throw the book at him for a mistake that was harmless--like about 75% of all gun laws do (see lawmaker who unlawfully made an SBR and was not prosecuted, but let it be one of us, and you commie cocksuckers have no problem sending us to a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison).

See why we don't trust you fucking cocksuckers. There will be no compromise, thanks to you and your ilk.

Carrying without a permit is no minor deal buddy

Yes I am defending him...so he made a mistake. BTW if he wanted to do harm and was a criminal (which he wasn't) he wouldn't carry a weapon so obviously. This is nothing more than an excuse for you gun-grabbers to inflate beyond logic.
There's nothing obvious about carrying concealed without proper permits

Get your facts straight, BUDDY.

You fucking moron.

You fucking moron.

Fuck off "buddy". I stand by what I said

You fucking moron.

"The man, who does have a valid handgun carry permit"

:laughing0301:

This gets so tiring. Keep up.

Depending on the state it may not be

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You fucking moron.

Illegal to carry in a school...and signs were posted

You fucking moron.

Illegal to carry in a school...and signs were posted
That's not the same as legally carrying but going into a bullshit gun-free zone by mistake.

That you would treat this guy the same as a person carrying without a permit, a thug, tells me all I need to know about you.

You fucking moron.

Hey twinkle toes thought you banned me?

Another example of bat shit crazy gun control laws. "Reasonable" gun control laws are never reasonable.

A man who was picking up a student walked into Byrns Darden Elementary School packing a handgun, two spare magazines and a knife on Monday.

School Resource Officers with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office stopped the man and arrested him for possessing a firearm inside an elementary school, according to a news release.

At 3:18 p.m., the 53-year-old man entered the school to pick up a student, according to Sandra Brandon, MCSO spokeswoman. Front office staff noticed what looked to be the outline of a firearm under his clothing and notified the School Resource Officer.

While waiting for the SRO, faculty, staff and administrators monitored the man from the office and remotely via cameras, according to Anthony Jordan, CMCSS spokesman.

I have to say that even I have a problem with this.

First off, you need to know the laws when carrying a concealed weapon, and also have to accept the consequences if you decide to break the law. It doesn't mean you have to approve of the laws, but just abide by them.

The problem here is that if this guy was a kook who did have a permit, allowed to enter the school armed, he could use that permit to carry out a mass murder of students. That's why there's a law against going to certain places with a firearm which of course excludes authority.

But it wasn't your choice. I know of a number of convicted felons on Parole that certainly don't have that choice. It's not the person that removes those "Rights", it's the Government. And guess why?

The government removes rights based on your actions. The felons you know did make that choice when they committed their crimes and got caught. Ask anyone of them if they knew they wouldn't be able to ever possess a firearm again, vote in most states, and have difficulty finding a decent paying job.

They knew all of these things before committing the crime, so they made that choice. Nobody forced them to rob a convenience store.

Yet you say that the Government can't take anyone's rights. You even said it applied to Felons. Your goal post must be Quantum powered. Now, who grants you those rights in the first place. And don't say it's God Given. If a person is an Athiest does that mean they have no rights?
I also don’t recall any right to bear arms in any scripture.

The people grant rights through the government.

No, they don't. You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "rights", or the difference between them and privileges.

Correct!
Rights can not be granted or taken away like privileges can.
The fact rights can be restricted due to the needs of the rights of others, is not by or for government, and does not mean government can take rights away.
Wrong. Rights can be respected or violated. If the government passes a law against you expressing you opinion, it has violated your right. It hasn't taken it away.

I know this isn't part of the discussion, but I went to my local news site and found this story; like the hundreds if not thousands of similar stories every year, nobody hears about them except the locals, and that's only on a slow news day.

AKRON, Ohio– Akron police were called to a burglary that happened on Crosby Street just after 5 a.m. Tuesday.

When officers got to the scene, the 73-year-old resident was holding the suspect at gunpoint.

The victim told police he heard his doorbell ring several times, but did not answer. Moments later, he heard the suspect inside his home so he detained the man until police arrived.

73-year-old homeowner holds burglary suspect at gunpoint

And what got you there in the first place? You violated others right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

So where in the Constitution does it say if "I" violate somebody's rights, the government has the right to violate mine?

As I stated, rights were granted so that government could not violate them. As an individual, I have no mandate to do the same. The Constitution doesn't prohibit me from violating your rights, it prohibits the government from violating those rights.

In other words, government cannot stop me from free speech, but if I go to work and call my boss a MF, and tell him to go to hell, he can fire me because he's not bound by the Constitution of allowing free speech. Only the government is. So I can call my Congress person a MF, and tell him or her to go to hell with no repercussions, but I can't do the same with my employer.

So you say that you can go into a school, murder 40 school children, wouldn't a couple of hundred and you can't lose any of your "Rights" even though you terrorized the whole community and murdered and maimed many? We should just look at you and say, shame, shame and go on with our lives, or at least those of us still alive.

Since government does not create or grant rights, it can not take them away.
When a person is incarcerated, their rights are restricted, but not by government.
The authority is coming from those others the government is obligated to protect.
And if another inmate murders a prisoner, the other inmate is charged with murder, so you still have rights, even if restricted,
Constitutional guaranteed rights such the 1st and 2nd amendment are not absolute. Government can suspend the guarantee of those rights in certain circumstances. A person is not guaranteed freedom to cry fire in crowded auditorium nor is a convicted felon guaranteed the right to bear arms. Governments have the right and obligation to protect it's people. If that requires suspension of constitutional rights for prisoners, those convicted of felons, and the mentally ill so be it.
It is not illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater.

It never was

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

All depends on what you deliberately cause others to do?
If for example, you are in a play on stage, and when you yell "fire" no one panics because they know it is not real, then it is not illegal.
But if you deliberately act in such as way as to cause unnecessary harm and panic, that would be illegal.
However, it is also local laws that would be used to determine if legal or not.

We have the right to life now in the US, but some one can still murder you.

Yea,,,in a mass murder attack with an assault rifle
what is an assault rifle exactly?
:desk:

The Sturmgewehr 44 is an assault rifle--- in fact it is THE assault rifle (the only one actually named "assault rifle")

Sturmgewehr 44 - StG 44 - Wikipedia

Good point.
But if we think of the meaning of assault weapon as a type of use, then in the Napoleonic era, the assault weapons was grenades, thrown by grenadiers.anni
Around the Revolutionary war, it was likely the blunderbuss or coach gun.
During the Civil War, it was usually a pair of revolvers used by cavalry.
In the Spanish American War and WWI, it was the pump shotgun.
In WWII it was the carbine.

So when people talk about banning assault weapons, they actually are implying just about every weapons ever used in an assault.

We have the right to life now in the US, but some one can still murder you.

Yea,,,in a mass murder attack with an assault rifle
what is an assault rifle exactly?
:desk:

The Sturmgewehr 44 is an assault rifle--- in fact it is THE assault rifle (the only one actually named "assault rifle")

Sturmgewehr 44 - StG 44 - Wikipedia
bet those babies are just lying around.

In fact, they are.
The characteristics of the Sturmgewehr 44 is that it is a cheaply made, stamped steel, light, weak, rifle.
They can easily be made by converting a pistol.
They are the most common because they are easiest to make.

Forum List

Back