GUNS must GO

Kitty: I like guns. I like cars, I like machines in general. Look at the design. A bridge, a Hospital, a can opener, a computer. Anything can be misused, but firearms? The difference between positive and a negative is slim. They are not exactly something we NEED, and the harm they do VS the GOOD? Well I leave that to you to weigh. Be honest, with yourself, the hell with me.

It was when I became honest with myself that I went from being against guns to being for protecting rights. I woke up from the dream world crafted by the innocence of youth and saw the hard facts and evidence. Yes, I was like you before, but then after I thought on it long, looked at the evidence objectively, and considered all the possibilities, I found that protecting this one right is probably one of the most important ones to protect ... I don't want to live in Russia, and any tool that will prevent it is a good tool, regardless of the very few who abuse it.

Oh, yes, Monday is the tenth anniversary of the slaughter at Columbine High. I live a few miles from Columbine. Should we arm every school kid ? Were does this end? Guns are like cigarettes. When used as designed, they kill. We make up the morality and we are the ones that assign responsibility.
Darrell Scott said:
. . .The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

. . .And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties.

. . .We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre.

. . . Political posturing and restrictive legislation are not the answers.
:eusa_shhh:

Kitty, read my posts again. You were once like me? You presume too much. I like guns, they are non judgmental. Guns have a setting called "safety". To bad people don't. We can't ban, control or otherwise redesign people, can we? Guns are, after all just machines, as beautiful and elegant as they are, the don't have a morality setting. Until then, well, perhaps controlling them would be the next best thing, yes?

Kitty, read my posts again. You were once like me? You presume too much. I like guns, they are non judgmental. Guns have a setting called "safety". To bad people don't. We can't ban, control or otherwise redesign people, can we? Guns are, after all just machines, as beautiful and elegant as they are, the don't have a morality setting. Until then, well, perhaps controlling them would be the next best thing, yes?

We already have control in place, the only thing "more" you can do would be an illegal ban on them. The controls have worked, and in some places where social experiments were done, less control worked better than too much. There's a great example in another related thread, thanks to PC for posting it.

I must once again dispel the Kitten's outrageous comments with logic:

It was when I became honest with myself that I went from being against guns to being for protecting rights. HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH CAN YOU ASSOCIATE BEING AGAINST GUNS WITH PROTECTING RIGHTS? WHAT ABOUT THE RIGHTS OF THE INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING SLAUGHTERED ON A DAILY BASIS BY GUN LOVING, 2ND AMENDMENT FANATICAL WACK-JOBS? YOUR COMMENT IS NON-SENSICAL.

I woke up from the dream world crafted by the innocence of youth and saw the hard facts and evidence. YOU DO LIVE IN A DREAM WORLD IF YOU REALLY AND TRULY BELIEVE THAT CARRYING A PISTOL SOMEHOW IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT RIGHT.

Yes, I was like you before, but then after I thought on it long, looked at the evidence objectively, and considered all the possibilities, I found that protecting this one right is probably one of the most important ones to protect ... YOU'VE NEVER BEEN LIKE MY DEAR LADY. I'M AN INTELECT AND YOU ARE, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, WHAT IS COMMONLY REFERED TO AS "WHITE TRASH"

I don't want to live in Russia, and any tool that will prevent it is a good tool, regardless of the very few who abuse it. NO ONE SAID YOU LIVE IN RUSSIA AND THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL EVER LIVE IN RUSSIA IS TO MOVE THERE. OWNING AND CARRYING A PISTOL WILL NOT PREVENT YOU FROM MOVING TO RUSSIA. BE MY GUEST IN FACT.....[/quote]

Last edited:

It was when I became honest with myself that I went from being against guns to being for protecting rights. HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH CAN YOU ASSOCIATE BEING AGAINST GUNS WITH PROTECTING RIGHTS? WHAT ABOUT THE RIGHTS OF THE INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING SLAUGHTERED ON A DAILY BASIS BY GUN LOVING, 2ND AMENDMENT FANATICAL WACK-JOBS? YOUR COMMENT IS NON-SENSICAL.

I woke up from the dream world crafted by the innocence of youth and saw the hard facts and evidence. YOU DO LIVE IN A DREAM WORLD IF YOU REALLY AND TRULY BELIEVE THAT CARRYING A PISTOL SOMEHOW IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT RIGHT.

Yes, I was like you before, but then after I thought on it long, looked at the evidence objectively, and considered all the possibilities, I found that protecting this one right is probably one of the most important ones to protect ... YOU'VE NEVER BEEN LIKE MY DEAR LADY. I'M AN INTELECT AND YOU ARE, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, WHAT IS COMMONLY REFERED TO AS "WHITE TRASH"

I don't want to live in Russia, and any tool that will prevent it is a good tool, regardless of the very few who abuse it. NO ONE SAID YOU LIVE IN RUSSIA AND THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL EVER LIVE IN RUSSIA IS TO MOVE THERE. OWNING AND CARRYING A PISTOL WILL NOT PREVENT YOU FROM MOVING TO RUSSIA. BE MY GUEST IN FACT.....

You dispel nothing, but you do continue to reinforce your complete lack of independent or intelligent thought.

Guns protect rights? I thought God did that. Makes me feel snug and secure, that folks like you are protecting my rights. I keep hearing a faint echo of Bin Laden and the crashing of planes in Manhattan. Religion, and extremism. Go hand in hand.

Guns protect rights? I thought God did that. Makes me feel snug and secure, that folks like you are protecting my rights. I keep hearing a faint echo of Bin Laden and the crashing of planes in Manhattan. Religion, and extremism. Go hand in hand.

Even those who believe in a god of any sort know we still have to act in order to make things happen, so yes, guns do protect our rights ... otherwise you are just continuing to blabber.

religion and extremism do go hand in hand but only when you are refering to extremist Muslims. Just ask any Baptist.

religion and extremism do go hand in hand but only when you are refering to extremist Muslims. Just ask any Baptist.

We all were having a pretty decent conversation until you came along.

Why do you care so much about what we feel about the 2nd Amendment? You live in Canada.

Don't tell me. You think that 90% of all guns recovered in Canada come from the United States..

You folks that support guns are blathering. You can express yourselves. It is your right. Rights yer fellow HUMANS observe, and GOD has nothing to do with. Not GOD given rights, freedom of speech, or to bear freekin ARMS for that matter. Most of us never owed slaves or needed firearms until all you other well meaning folks spoke up for us. Nope, sorry. Freedom of speech? Oh, yes, we coming up on an other infamous anniversary, the Oklahoma city bombing. I see a common thread here.

I don't want to live in Russia, and any tool that will prevent it is a good tool, regardless of the very few who abuse it. NO ONE SAID YOU LIVE IN RUSSIA AND THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL EVER LIVE IN RUSSIA IS TO MOVE THERE. OWNING AND CARRYING A PISTOL WILL NOT PREVENT YOU FROM MOVING TO RUSSIA. BE MY GUEST IN FACT.....

So you advocate punishing everyone because some wackjobs murder people? How is that fair or moral?

You folks that support guns are blathering. You can express yourselves. It is your right. Rights yer fellow HUMANS observe, and GOD has nothing to do with. Not GOD given rights, freedom of speech, or to bear freekin ARMS for that matter. Most of us never owed slaves or needed firearms until all you other well meaning folks spoke up for us. Nope, sorry. Freedom of speech? Oh, yes, we coming up on an other infamous anniversary, the Oklahoma city bombing. I see a common thread here.

I don't recall the Murrah Building being brought down by a handgun.

Nope, it wasn't No handguns, just extremist. Like the twin towers. Extremism kills. Moderation never hurt anyone, has it, Burp my brother?

Nope, it wasn't No handguns, just extremist. Like the twin towers. Extremism kills. Moderation never hurt anyone, has it, Burp my brother?

And every person who believes in the 2nd Amendment is an extremist?

Or just the people on this board?

No. No, not at all, Burp. But times have changed. I like the second amendment, too. But it doesn't fit the times, and I don't say that because it sounds nice. We really don't NEED guns anymore. Now, since the Constitution was written do you think they had flash drives or needed cell phones? UZIS? Or say, depleted Uranium rounds or mini-guns? Nukes? Technology has something to do with it. And the Fact the Brits are our friends now. God bless the Queen.

Putting aside the reasons why we might need guns, since when was 'you don't need it' a good reason for 'you shouldn't be allowed to have one'?

And are you in favor of banning alcohol? It's dangerous and nobody needs it.

No. No, not at all, Burp. But times have changed. I like the second amendment, too. But it doesn't fit the times, and I don't say that because it sounds nice. We really don't NEED guns anymore. Now, since the Constitution was written do you think they had flash drives or needed cell phones? UZIS? Or say, depleted Uranium rounds or mini-guns? Nukes? Technology has something to do with it. And the Fact the Brits are our friends now. God bless the Queen.

We are long past the "don't need guns anymore" stage. It's because they are too easily attainable by the bad guys that people need to have the right to own then - for protection.

I'm not worried about Gordon Ramsey breaking into my house.

Although there are probably some people who would hope that he did.

Forum List

Back