Has anybody got something like this ?

Don't forget about meso-america head binding.

Never heard of it.

Surprising that you never heard of head binding. Head binding was used by the Maya and Aztec but only with royal children which gave the head an elongated shape that only the royals had including the King. Head binding made them crazy.

I suppose because I've never paid attention to it, or was exposed to the information about it.

I have a wealth of information and don't get me started on Ancient Egyptians let alone Mohammad. Ali was Mohammad' Uncle which started the Shiite vs Sunni War that still goes on today.

I'm reminded of an essay I wrote once on the ancient Egyptians regarding their art.

I've also read Muhammed's biography, and what Arabs were, before Islam.

Muhammad and Mohammad are both accepted as the correct spelling but there is only one way to spell Ali. I am ready, able and willing to delve into Buddhism if you dare and venture into Hinduism. Shiva is the God of War in Hinduism.

Last edited:
Never heard of it.

Surprising that you never heard of head binding. Head binding was used by the Maya and Aztec but only with royal children which gave the head an elongated shape that only the royals had including the King. Head binding made them crazy.

I suppose because I've never paid attention to it, or was exposed to the information about it.

I have a wealth of information and don't get me started on Ancient Egyptians let alone Mohammad. Ali was Mohammad' Uncle which started the Shiite vs Sunni War that still goes on today.

I'm reminded of an essay I wrote once on the ancient Egyptians regarding their art.

I've also read Muhammed's biography, and what Arabs were, before Islam.

Muhammad and Mohammad are both accepted as the correct spelling but there is only one way to spell Ali. I am ready, able and willing to delve into Buddhism if your dare.

That's a secondary consideration for me.

Now I'm homesick..

imageresizer

No, that’s 2nd degree, bonsai is 1st degree cruelty as the roots are attacked as well.

Bonsai is plant cruelty to the 1st. degree.

Like Chinese foot binding?

Don't forget about meso-america head binding.

Never heard of it.

Head binding made them crazy? I wonder if that’s actually a chicken and egg problem.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="xband, post: 21415941, member: 56474”] Put your hammock in a lattice and bridged arbor, and drink iced sweet tea.[/QUOTE]
At my age getting in and out of a hammock is too risky. Gave up riding my motorbike last year because of ballance problems and now instead of a hammock I have to resort to this :-

Last edited:
[QUOTE="xband, post: 21415941, member: 56474”]Put your hammock in a lattice and bridged arbor, and drink iced sweet tea.
At my age getting in and out of a hammock is too risky. Gave up riding my motorbike last year because of ballance problems and now instead of a hammock I have to resort to this :-
[/QUOTE]

Just like England.

That must be an arbor.

The English landscape has been cultivated over the centuries. It has not developed naturally like that.
Are you referring to centuries of land clearing and agricultural practice or created landscapes such as Capability Brown’s?. I far prefer the faux naturalism of the later to anything the French and their box hedges inflicted on gardens. In fact, I find it hard to even call those geometric puzzles ‘gardens’.
Anyhow, as I said if you enjoy ‘gardens’ that look like green versions of Persian rugs that’s your right. I can’t stand them which may explain in part why my place looks a bit like a jungle.

Anyhow, getting back to the original post friends of mine used a robot lawn mower but had endless trouble with it bashing into hedges over and over and over until it dug itself into the ground. The mower company gave them a new one under warrantee and it promptly sailed down the lawn and into the creek. We can only hope when self driving cars hit the road they aren’t as mad. I suspect however if you had a formal garden with well defined raised edges where lawn met the gadern proper you’d have no problems unless you owned a dog that was too playful then anything could happen.

Is that purple Bougainvilla?

If you’re asking about the dark red tree at top right it’s a Hawthorn, about 160 years old.
It’s starting to deteriorate so I’m growing a Paul’s Himalayn Musk rose up through it.

[QUOTE="xband, post: 21415941, member: 56474”] Put your hammock in a lattice and bridged arbor, and drink iced sweet tea.
[/QUOTE]

What book are you reading, Winnie the Pooh? Just kidding.

If you’re asking about the dark red tree at top right it’s a Hawthorn, about 160 years old.
It’s starting to deteriorate so I’m growing a Paul’s Himalayn Musk rose up through it.

Thank Lord God Almighty that it is not a Wild Cherry Tree.

Thank Lord God Almighty that it is not a Wild Cherry Tree.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Wild Cherry Tree and being an agnostic my thanks aren’t sent in that direction. Thanks anyway for your warning, if I encounter one I’ll run.

New Topics

Forum List

Back