Has Fergussun Proved the Futility of Ending Racism?

Don't you mean European or Caucasian pride?

Whenever I hear 'white pride' I don't like it because it is same language used by racist groups like White Power, the KKK and the National Front.
but La Raza and Black Power don't bother you?...nice...

I am not 'white', my ancestors came from Europe, so I should be European
If your ancestors were all european they are caucasian or "white" and so are you.
"European" isn't a race.

- but some dumb ass decided that America should keep using terms like 'black' or 'white', rather than use a term that denotes where their ancestors came from. There is no such place called 'white' or 'black', but there is such a place as Europe, Africa, Asia, or the Middle East.
You don't understand anthropology or race..."black", "white" and "asian" are references to races;Correct terms are Negroid, Caucasian and Mongoloid.
As I said "European" isn't a race and neither is "African" or "Middle East(ern)"
You're a bit confused on this whole issue it appears..

Can you imagine the effect this will have on independents who perhaps voted Obama or other Democrats in 2012? White or Hispanic independents that have common sense.
Good point.
Remember the mexican/latinos aren't under the constant hammering of "racism" like us white people are, They don't have any artificial "guilt" pounded into them all their lives. ..and they won't be as placid and generous to the negroes as we have.

We may become a minority eventually but as latino/mestizos aren't going to be as tolerant and they (probably) won't sit back and let negroes run wild like we have. They don't really like them either.

Racism is a natural human trait. All races have this trait...Rather, you go to africa and deal with Mugebe saying NO whites can own land or Japan.

All we whites are doing is giving up our future to another majority.

Racism is learned behavior.
you're wrong.

Don't be so quick on the draw. Always remember to understand the definition of racism. A baby is not born with the concepts of superior and inferior in his nature, these are concepts we have to learn.

Racism:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:​

Awareness of race, taking account of race, is not racism. Interactions in one's life which intersect with race MUST BE MOTIVATED by the belief that one's race is superior in order to be classed as racism.

Racism is a learned behavior. Don't fall into the framework set up by liberals where they define preference for one's own race to be racism.

Words must have meaning that we all understand, that's the point of having dictionaries. When we all use words that we all understand then we can communicate with each other.

Some interesting points in this thread that gave me pause for thought.

That said, I am still in denial that it can all boil down to something so simple as a genetically processed adaptation to physical surroundings. The 'race card' in modern times is merely an excuse for the natural 'misbehavior' that exists in all humans, though in American society it is only applied to minorities because that is the politically advantageous stance because it appeals to both sides; the oppressed/disadvantaged unsuccessful and the reasonable/intellectual successful. As a reasonable intellectual I can vote with a desire for equality, I believe it is right, and therefore I could argue that giving an advantage to minorities levels the playing field. (If only it had worked that way.)

That said, the temperance of the condition of natural 'misbehavior' has always been one's social culture. In a social culture of advancement one is pressured to succeed, in a social culture of 'survival alone' one is not - to example the whole 99% vs 1% debate - The American people in general are no longer in a social culture of success, but rather a social culture of mere existence. ~ I exist in the richest country in the world, therefore I should not want for basics; the premise that one does not/should not have to 'try' to achieve the basics of an 'average' American lifestyle. In a culture of existence, success drive is lost, the will for more than mere 'existence' is lost; you are left with outlying examples on the top and the rest, some comfortable and some not.

Race has only a minor part in the overreaching modern culture of America, it is only the ostensible use of the race card in American history that lends credence to an argument that race is the basis of minority 'failure.'

For the past 50 years since the fight for the Civil Rights Act in 65, we have tried to end racism in this country.
And what do we have to show for it? Annual riots by minorities demanding more, angry about imagined slights like the totally justified shooting of Michael Brown, and now Eric Holder, supposedly our nations top Law Enforcement official goes to these criminals in Fergusun and tells them he shares their distrust of law enforcement? This is beyond stupidity and absurdity as Holder throws out any pretense of being anything other than a black AG.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the simple question; Has our attempt to end racism been a failure?

All we have to show for it is that whites cannot defend themselves, even if being beaten to death, if the perp is a black man. Even if you have all the law and God on your side, the establishment will ruin your life and the legal fees impoverish you and your family. Whites cannot talk about their interests, celebrate their heroes or talk about white culture or show pride in being white. All the while being surrounded by black radio stations, black news papers, black entertainment, and every other ethnic group has its own version of it all as well.

Now if this were a universal standard for all ethnicities then something might be established that is at least fair and just to all parties, but no, all minorities are encouraged to take racial pride, show racial UNITY (WTF?) and even conservative blacks like Colin Powell knows he has to vote for the black man Obama or be branded a race traitor for ever more. Even a supposed conservative like Bill O'Reilly went on a rant about some kids in Georgia a few years ago who did nothing more than have a private graduation celebration and he branded it a 'whites only prom' and the hatred that was directed at these white students from all over the country was simply disgusting, assinine and cretinous. And yet no one ever dared to point out and criticize the many ethnic centered graduations and proms that go on every year by hispanics, asians and blacks. That is all OK, only whites are forbidden to have such, and in our own god damned country.

All our effort to end racism has done is turn white people into punching bags, eternal victims and fucking epic losers. Show me another civilization aside from Western civilization where an ethnic group has abandoned all rights to defend itself even within its own borders. That is what we have come to, an impotent, group of ethnic losers who nature will erase if something does not change.

Would we be justified to look at what is considered justified ethnic pride/practice among minority populations and take the same tacks for ourselves? It seems that way

Enough is enough, fuck it. The effort to end racism is nothing more than a fools game with whites meant to be the eternal losers.

I once was proud to think I was not a racist, now I feel like I have been played for a sucker. Where do the facts show that feeling wrong?

It will only change when both blacks and whites realize that both are to blame. Many blacks need to do more to improve their own situation, and whites need to understand that blacks are still discriminated against daily.

That would depend on what you mean by "racism," because that word is so over-used if you ask ten people to define it you probably will see six or more different definitions. (I once heard a young Black girl on a call-in radio program say her father is "racist against cats.")

But where simple sensory impulses are concerned it is perfectly natural for all living creatures to gravitate to that which is most familiar to them -- unless they have cause to be repulsed by or to fear the familiar entity. Speaking for myself, while I will prefer the company of an intelligent Black to that of a stupid White I generally prefer the company of Whites to that of Blacks simply because I have little to nothing in common with Blacks, and vice/versa.

Racism is a natural human trait. All races have this trait...Rather, you go to africa and deal with Mugebe saying NO whites can own land or Japan.

you're wrong.

Before we pursue this line of debate, please answer one question.

Are you a racist?
Define racist.

you're wrong.

Are you a racist?
Define racist.

Are you now going to try and tell me that you do not know what the term "racist" means?

Even if it is learned behavior. Thinking that whites are the only ones that "learn such" is inaccurate. Every culture, race and creed ends up judging others. When dealing with others, we can't expect fairness and so if we wish to have that we must rely on ourselves.

Simply look at minorities and how unfair they think their world is. Whites are going to be that soon.

you're wrong.

Are you a racist?
Define racist.

Are you now going to try and tell me that you do not know what the term "racist" means?

hahahahaha...we've played this game before.

I want whatever definition you want to assign to the word. That way we both know exactly what we're talking about.

You guys that like that word so much also like the definition to be vague. That way it can be used in multiple situations depending on the users intentions.

I'm not going around in circles with you. Give me whatever definition you decide you want the word to mean and I'll let you know if it describes me.

Some interesting points in this thread that gave me pause for thought.

That said, I am still in denial that it can all boil down to something so simple as a genetically processed adaptation to physical surroundings.

So simple? I counter with so complex and and all-encompassing. The power of our genes in forming our social world and even our outlook is pretty significant. I'd never dismiss that influence as being something simple.

Maybe I'm not understanding you.

As a reasonable intellectual I can vote with a desire for equality, I believe it is right, and therefore I could argue that giving an advantage to minorities levels the playing field. (If only it had worked that way.)

Which equality are you speaking of, of opportunity or of outcome? Creating a society of equal opportunity doesn't solve any problems for those on the losing end are still just as bitter as if they were denied opportunity and perhaps even more bitter because if opportunity is denied they can find psychological refuge in the believe that they would be on top of the world but for denied opportunity but when that pretty little lie is blown to smithereens, how to explain failure? The bitterness at the unjustness of unequal outcomes is still present and perhaps elevated.

That said, the temperance of the condition of natural 'misbehavior' has always been one's social culture.

Social culture is not some independent variable draped over people. It is the product of groups of people and at the foundation of social culture is biology, so to the extent that biology differs so too will social culture.

Race has only a minor part in the overreaching modern culture of America, it is only the ostensible use of the race card in American history that lends credence to an argument that race is the basis of minority 'failure.'

Race in not only a minor part of American culture, it is the dominant factor shaping American culture. It's effects reach far and wide even when there is no apparent racial contribution. For instance, the drive to higher education and the resultant credentialism in the employment market has its roots in Civil Rights litigation - employment exams resulted in too many blacks failing and so the Supreme Court made them illegal. Employers need a way to judge the intellect of applicants and college degrees became a proxy measure. Employers are NOT using the skills an employee learned in a Woman's Studies class or in a History of the Civil War class. People are wasting years of their lives and spending house downpayments in order to earn a credential when a simple 90 minute employment exam would actually better predict job performance. All of this is unnecessary but has arisen due to racial politics in American society.

If America had followed a different path with regards to slavery, repatriation of slaves and multiculturalism, it would be vastly different than what we see today.

For the past 50 years since the fight for the Civil Rights Act in 65, we have tried to end racism in this country.
And what do we have to show for it? Annual riots by minorities demanding more, angry about imagined slights like the totally justified shooting of Michael Brown, and now Eric Holder, supposedly our nations top Law Enforcement official goes to these criminals in Fergusun and tells them he shares their distrust of law enforcement? This is beyond stupidity and absurdity as Holder throws out any pretense of being anything other than a black AG.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the simple question; Has our attempt to end racism been a failure?

All we have to show for it is that whites cannot defend themselves, even if being beaten to death, if the perp is a black man. Even if you have all the law and God on your side, the establishment will ruin your life and the legal fees impoverish you and your family. Whites cannot talk about their interests, celebrate their heroes or talk about white culture or show pride in being white. All the while being surrounded by black radio stations, black news papers, black entertainment, and every other ethnic group has its own version of it all as well.

Now if this were a universal standard for all ethnicities then something might be established that is at least fair and just to all parties, but no, all minorities are encouraged to take racial pride, show racial UNITY (WTF?) and even conservative blacks like Colin Powell knows he has to vote for the black man Obama or be branded a race traitor for ever more. Even a supposed conservative like Bill O'Reilly went on a rant about some kids in Georgia a few years ago who did nothing more than have a private graduation celebration and he branded it a 'whites only prom' and the hatred that was directed at these white students from all over the country was simply disgusting, assinine and cretinous. And yet no one ever dared to point out and criticize the many ethnic centered graduations and proms that go on every year by hispanics, asians and blacks. That is all OK, only whites are forbidden to have such, and in our own god damned country.

All our effort to end racism has done is turn white people into punching bags, eternal victims and fucking epic losers. Show me another civilization aside from Western civilization where an ethnic group has abandoned all rights to defend itself even within its own borders. That is what we have come to, an impotent, group of ethnic losers who nature will erase if something does not change.

Would we be justified to look at what is considered justified ethnic pride/practice among minority populations and take the same tacks for ourselves? It seems that way

Enough is enough, fuck it. The effort to end racism is nothing more than a fools game with whites meant to be the eternal losers.

I once was proud to think I was not a racist, now I feel like I have been played for a sucker. Where do the facts show that feeling wrong?

It will only change when both blacks and whites realize that both are to blame. Many blacks need to do more to improve their own situation, and whites need to understand that blacks are still discriminated against daily.

That's all well and good but what happens if equality of outcome can never be realized? There will always be discontent in any group who is losing a contest. This is why liberals are so keen on giving participation trophies to losing sports teams, to ease some of the sting from losing. Good intentions don't matter if the outcome is not fair, where fair is not defined as equal opportunity but as equal outcomes.

you're wrong.

Are you a racist?
Define racist.

hahahahaha...we've played this game before.

I want whatever definition you want to assign to the word. That way we both know exactly what we're talking about.

You guys that like that word so much also like the definition to be vague. That way it can be used in multiple situations depending on the users intentions.

I'm not going around in circles with you. Give me whatever definition you decide you want the word to mean and I'll let you know if it describes me.

Douche.

Are you a person with a prejudiced belief that any one race is superior to any other race?

That's all well and good but what happens if equality of outcome can never be realized? There will always be discontent in any group who is losing a contest. This is why liberals are so keen on giving participation trophies to losing sports teams, to ease some of the sting from losing. Good intentions don't matter if the outcome is not fair, where fair is not defined as equal opportunity but as equal outcomes.

Bullshit. I'm a liberal and I don't let my teams accept 2nd place trophies.....another meme busted by reality.

Bullshit. I'm a liberal and I don't let my teams accept 2nd place trophies.....another meme busted by reality.

trophy1_zps37833ec3.png

trophy4a_zps9d052200.png

Forum List

Back