Hate it, dontcha, Libs

No Ernie, you're frustrated because your opening taunt failed and you know it didn't work for you.
It worked just fine. You are showing what a brain dead Liberal really is and Possum boy can explain successful marketing, but has yet to explain why Liberal Media had had far less success marketing their product. Each time I've asked him for comparison, he's avoided answering.

How does Fox maintain editorial animosity toward immigrants without alienating the important voter group?

Fox News Latino Shameless - Salon.com

June 15, 2012: In response to President Obama’s announcement of a policy shift wherein certain young immigrants would be granted work permits rather than be deported, the Fox News Latino website posted a story headlined,“Obama Administration Halts Deportations for Young Immigrants.” That’s a factually accurate description that treats the news in a neutral manner. The headline was accompanied by a sympathetic photo of a young Latina child draped with an American flag.

However, on Fox Nation they went with the headline “Obama Administration Bypasses Congress to Give Immunity, Stop Deporting Younger Illegals.” In that short sentence they managed to imply impropriety on the part of the administration, suggest the controversial subject of amnesty, and insult Latinos by employing the dehumanizing label of “illegals” (even though the people affected by this initiative did not break any law). The photo accompanying this article was of adult Latinos sitting up against a wall in handcuffs.
Maybe FOX is more successful in part by not offending people.
They don't have a Martin Bashir demanding someone defecate in Sarah Palin’s mouth, or an Ed Shultz calling Laura Ingraham a “right-wing slut or saying, "The Republicans lie! They want to see you dead! They'd rather make money off your dead corpse! They kind of like it when that woman has cancer and they don't have anything for her!"
Or a Chris Matthews who says among other dumb shit: "Rush Limbaugh is beginning to look more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody's going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he's going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet, but we'll be there to watch."
They don't let guests like Harry Belafonte get by with saying, "The only thing left for barack obama to do is to work like a Third-World dictator and put all these guys [Republicans who disagree with obama on entitlement reform, taxation, and balancing the budget] in jail." without an argument.

You're making my case. This is exactly what I'm talking about -- emotion sells. Fearmongering and conflict and conspiracy-feeding and outrageous content, sells. How many more people now know who Martin Bashir is than before he came out with that atrocious metaphor? There you go -- attention again. If there's a difference between that and going on the radio for three days foaming "slut slut slut", it's naught but semantics. The goal is the same. Here again, Martin Bashir and Lush Rimjob are far more like each other than they are different.

But yeah, sure FOX is evil because they give a platform for ideals you disagree with. They are racist because they have guests and hosts armed with facts and statistics you'd rather were well hidden. They are homophobic because they think marriage is a legal and spiritual bond between one man and one woman. They are misogynistic because they employ attractive women.

-- And that too sells. I don't know about the "misogynist" bit but I think if you look around you'll find that sex does sell. Here again, Rupert Murdoch knows this from experience. Ever heard of the "page three girl"? That's his baby. It worked at The Sun, so he put it on TV.

All of these examples you've noted -- for both outlets -- represent emotion. Base human instincts. That's the whole point right there. When that's your objective -- and in commercial TV it always has been-- "offending people" is virtually required. You don't have to do it but if you don't somebody else will, and you're left behind.

Ideology is just window dressing. It ain't about ideology --- it's about the psychology of manipulation. Which is in the final analysis no different from a TV show presenting fake wrestling, surprise paternity tests or naked strangers purportedly left to survive in the jungle with no resources even though there's a camera crew with an expense account filming them the entire time. It's all illusion designed to melt your mind into a moronic mush so that you're vulnerable for the commercial. That's where it's at baby.
So Fox's ratings are due to marketing and MSNBC's are due to what?

They both employ a staff to sell their image. All that may get you to switch to a cable news site, but if you don't like what you see, you won't be back, regardless of the window dressing.

Again, "like" really doesn't enter into it. People are drawn to the sensational, and that's been a known pscyhological tool for forever. "If it bleeds it leads" has never advanced the course of ethical journalism, but has always sold papers. Does that mean people "like" disaster? When you're on the road and traffic slows to a crawl because everybody's got to rubberneck at the SUV that flipped over, shall we conclude people "like" accidents? Do viewers tune in "Survivor" because they "like" the idea of being stranded on an island forced to eat one's own feces?

All this shit is way above you, dear Possum. What you really are dying to say is "FOX bad, MSNBC good." and walk away stamping your feet. BUT attribute it to marketing if you want. I'll tell you from experience, if your product sucks, all the marketing in the world isn't going to save your ass.

I know way too much about commercial broadcasting to want to say anything like that. If I didn't view the entire medium with complete contempt I wouldn't have thrown my TV away. I tell you what, also from experience, if you ever want to witness a population of self-serving unprincipled parasites without an ethical bone in their collective body, forget about politicians or car dealers or doctors or lawyers or whatever stereotype, and go walk into a convention of the National Association of Broadcasters. It's the real deal. You'll need a shower and some mental floss when you come out.
You've explained repeatedly why FOX has good ratings while avoiding comparing the product they sell to MSNBC's and CNN's. Now answer me this: Why do MSNBC's ratings suck? Are they not capable of hiring marketing consultants? Or maybe they enjoy generating 25% of the revenue per spot that FOX does. Is that it? Or maybe, marketing can only go so far and eventually you have to sell a product people want to buy.

Yes, Pogo. People will buy pet rocks, but once they find out the rocks won't come when they're called, they spend their money on a product worth the money spent. Sure good marketing will still sell a few rocks or get you a few viewers, but not enough to attract the revenue you would need to produce a quality product.

You don't see how ridiculous you look here, do you?

Another idiot that can't stand the fact that FOX has a better product. Instead of improving the product, the left resorts to calling their competitors' viewers idiots.

Not sure, but that business model sounds..... well..... idiotic.
Not a better product rather a needier audience..
Whatever it takes to rationalize, hey Sarah?
Just trying to help you see yourself as others see you. Pathetic and sad.
You and Ravi???? Really YOU think I am pathetic and sad? I am neither. If I appear sad to you it's only because I'm embarrassed for those that hate the success of FOX and the failure of Liberal Media.

How about you explain to me why FOX has a much larger audience than CNN and MSNBC combined? Can you do that without name calling, evasion and justification?

Catch you tomorrow. I have to get dressed and head off to work to host a New Years Eve party for 100 of my closest friends.
Okay. A pretend NYE party is really sad. :(
I own a fucking bar, idiot.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

When CNN and MSNBC started to mimic FOX they assumed there was a larger audience for spoon fed bs. Most normal people do not watch any of those 3 networks on a regular basis. Who in their right minds likes to be on edge, always on alert, constantly outraged and .. oh wait. Right wingers do.

never mind
Bingo. Ernie can't see this because FOX has him tied in emotional knots.

Not a better product rather a needier audience..
Whatever it takes to rationalize, hey Sarah?
Just trying to help you see yourself as others see you. Pathetic and sad.
You and Ravi???? Really YOU think I am pathetic and sad? I am neither. If I appear sad to you it's only because I'm embarrassed for those that hate the success of FOX and the failure of Liberal Media.

How about you explain to me why FOX has a much larger audience than CNN and MSNBC combined? Can you do that without name calling, evasion and justification?

Catch you tomorrow. I have to get dressed and head off to work to host a New Years Eve party for 100 of my closest friends.
Okay. A pretend NYE party is really sad. :(
I own a fucking bar, idiot.
Okay.

The Fox and MSNBC ratings are no surprise.

Somewhere around 4 or 5 million conservatives in a nation of what, 300 million, are committed to Fox regardless of how transparent and goofy it gets.

And MSNBC is so rabid and obvious that it's fairly repellent to any but the most hardcore lefties.

CNN? Ya got me there, I don't know. I'd be curious to know what its viewership is overseas, and whether they can or do attract ad revenue with those numbers somehow.

Last edited:
Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

When CNN and MSNBC started to mimic FOX they assumed there was a larger audience for spoon fed bs. Most normal people do not watch any of those 3 networks on a regular basis. Who in their right minds likes to be on edge, always on alert, constantly outraged and .. oh wait. Right wingers do.

never mind
Emotional knots???? I am saying FOX has more viewers because they put out a product more people want to see and you people offer nothing of substance except snarky insults. And one sided marketing analysis.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind
Emotional knots???? I am saying FOX has more viewers because they put out a product more people want to see and you people offer nothing of substance except snarky insults. And one sided marketing analysis.
Fox has a large market of middle aged white men that enjoy sitting on their asses and listening to mindless ranting.

So what? McDs is the most successful restaurant chain and all they serve is crap.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind
Fox has a large market of middle aged white men that enjoy sitting on their asses and listening to mindless ranting.

So what? McDs is the most successful restaurant chain and all they serve is crap.
Mickey D's serves crap that people want to eat. Fox produces programing that people want to watch, MSNBC doesn't.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind

Mickey D's serves crap that people want to eat. Fox produces programing that people want to watch, MSNBC doesn't.
Both Fox and Msnbc serve crap. Fox has the bigger audience because they cater to white middle aged males like I said. There aren't enough idiotic lefties to give msnbc as big of a market share.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind
They put out a product that Right wingnuts want to see. Let's keep that in perspective.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind
a niche market. it's like high colonics. I bet they have teh market on colonics :lol:

dope

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind
a niche market. it's like high colonics. I bet they have teh market on colonics :lol:

dope
You'll justify anything with bullshit insults. While the left is busy watching the Simpsons, a lot of Conservatives are educating themselves with news programing. It shows willful ignorance by the left.

Hate it, dontcha, Libs

Predictable.

never mind

Ernie has displayed no emotional attachment to FOX but has clearly demonstrated how silly it is to defend Lame Lib TV by whining about FOX. You can't see that because you're just not bright enough.

But
There are a lot of Libs watching too. Y'all seem obsessed!
I did watch the Youtube of that ditz calling Huckabee, Fuckabee...
you're enamored by Ed Schultz, aren't you?

Schultz-Ed-talkers.jpg

When did YOU stop beating your grandmother????

Forum List

Back