Having Second Thoughts About Trump...

I came out in support of Cruz first then he stated he supported TPP and I switched to Trump. Since then Cruz has dropped his support for TPP so he is still on the radar.

The two things I know our country needs is that fence/wall AND better trade deals. Just those two things in his first four years would allow me to RE-elect Trump.

I really do like Cruz's 10% tax plan and the fact that he wants to close down the corrupt IRS along with a couple of other agencies. The IRS really does need to be gutted out.
Cruz is being dishonest when he says he would shut down the IRS. Even under his tax plan, the IRS would still be necessary.

I actually agree. The FAIR tax and repealing the 16th Amendment is the only thing that will eliminate the IRS.
Who would be writing the prebate checks and collecting the FAIR tax from retailers?

I came out in support of Cruz first then he stated he supported TPP and I switched to Trump. Since then Cruz has dropped his support for TPP so he is still on the radar.

The two things I know our country needs is that fence/wall AND better trade deals. Just those two things in his first four years would allow me to RE-elect Trump.

I really do like Cruz's 10% tax plan and the fact that he wants to close down the corrupt IRS along with a couple of other agencies. The IRS really does need to be gutted out.
Cruz is being dishonest when he says he would shut down the IRS. Even under his tax plan, the IRS would still be necessary.

I actually agree. The FAIR tax and repealing the 16th Amendment is the only thing that will eliminate the IRS.
Who would be writing the prebate checks and collecting the FAIR tax from retailers?

The Treasury Dept.

And I just heard that too, that Trump is up again. I'm good with that.

I do like Cruz though, and Carson. I just think either of those are more "presidential" in the way they speak and conduct themselves. I love what Trump says he's going to do, I just wish he'd dial it back a notch.

He needs to quit with the cheap attacks on other Republicans. Calling Jeb "low energy" was good, but repeating the Politico slanders against Carson is a bad move.

Trump doesn't need Politico. The Wall Street Journal, the premier right wing conservative rag, backs him up completely. Sorry, oh low-info poster.

Ben Carson’s Past Faces Deeper Questions
In harsh light of presidential politics, parts of his inspirational biography are questioned
Ben Carson’s Past Faces Deeper Questions

The WSJ is simply repeating Politico's slanders. Although the editorial staff of the Journal may be conservative, the news staff is decidedly liberal.

Once you righties lock in on a shiny object, you just insist on staying with it, like Pavlov's dog.

The Treasury Dept.

What department do you think the IRS is in?

The Treasury Dept.
So a bureau of the Treasury Department would do this.

What is the IRS?

A bureau of the Treasury Department.

ETA: Ah. NoTeaPartyPleez beat me to it.

Here is the hilarious part: When Trump self-destructs - NaziCons are left with Rain Man Carson, idiot savant. Hilarious!

IDK... believe it or not, he just might be a little TOO over the top for me. Some of things he says do make me go... "aaaahh... wha...?"

I started backing Cruz long ago, and I really would be all for him under any circumstances, and if Trump does falter, it will come down to Cruz and Carson, in fact, a Cruz/Carson or Carson/Cruz ticket would be awesome.

But Trump, I'm afraid the guy is going to self destruct. His last campaign stop in Iowa he said in response to Carson's story about a "knife breaking because it hit a belt," he said, "how STUPID are the people of Iowa?" So IDK, I don't think that helped him at all.
And he also declared he knew more about ISIS than the generals. In attacking Carson he tried to link him to child molestation. Turmp's temper and ego is going to be his downfall. Hopefully it won't be as president because he could take the country down.

IDK... believe it or not, he just might be a little TOO over the top for me. Some of things he says do make me go... "aaaahh... wha...?"

I started backing Cruz long ago, and I really would be all for him under any circumstances, and if Trump does falter, it will come down to Cruz and Carson, in fact, a Cruz/Carson or Carson/Cruz ticket would be awesome.

But Trump, I'm afraid the guy is going to self destruct. His last campaign stop in Iowa he said in response to Carson's story about a "knife breaking because it hit a belt," he said, "how STUPID are the people of Iowa?" So IDK, I don't think that helped him at all.

How stupid are the people of Iowa? We will soon find out.

The Treasury Dept.

What difference does that make? No one will be filing an income tax return if the 16th Amendment is repealed, so what will the IRS do?

The Treasury Dept.

What is the IRS?

The bottom line: Americans will no longer file an income tax return and be subject to IRS audits and penalties. If the IRS still exists, it will be reduced to collecting what is effectively a sales tax - the calculation of which is a simple matter.

The Treasury Dept.

What difference does that make? No one will be filing an income tax return if the 16th Amendment is repealed, so what will the IRS do?

Collect taxes imposed by the federal government.

Trump is not a real candidate. He doesn't know the issues. Carson is lethargic and disoriented. Cruz is more of a talk radio caricature who delivers simplistic applause lines to folks who haven't had much post high school education, a la Palin.

Bush - unfortunately - is the only real candidate. He will be the nominee, and everyone here will support him.

The Treasury Dept.

What is the IRS?

The bottom line: Americans will no longer file an income tax return and be subject to IRS audits and penalties. If the IRS still exists, it will be reduced to collecting what is effectively a sales tax - the calculation of which is a simple matter.
O'rly? And what about retailers who cheat on the FAIR taxes they turn in? You think there won't be a big beefy IRS keeping tabs on retailers and punishing them severely?

Bottom line: The IRS will never go away under any plan.

The Commissioner of Internal Revenue precedes the 16th amendment by 50 years.

Trump is not a real candidate. He doesn't know the issues. Carson is lethargic and disoriented. Cruz is more of a talk radio caricature who delivers simplistic applause lines to folks who haven't had much post high school education, a la Palin.

Bush - unfortunately - is the only real candidate. He will be the nominee, and everyone here will support him.
If the voters have to choose between another Bush and another Clinton, my prediction of the lowest turnout since 1924 is a solid gold guarantee.

When a candidate says they will "abolish the IRS", they are doing the worst sort of pandering. And the rubes who applaud that line are idiots being played like fiddles.

The Treasury Dept.

What is the IRS?

O'rly? And what about retailers who cheat on the FAIR taxes they turn in? You think there won't be a big beefy IRS keeping tabs on retailers and punishing them severely?

Bottom line: The IRS will never go away under any plan.

The Commissioner of Internal Revenue precedes the 16th amendment by 50 years.

How do states enforce their sales tax laws? Is that a big problem? What you seem to be saying is that we can't enforce the law without enforcing the law. No duh? Under the FAIR tax the IRS will no longer be gathering what are effectively confessions from every working person in America. It will only perform the same task as state governments perform when they collect a sales tax, which is 1000 time less onerous and oppressive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back