He Won't Take Down His Banners

This has nothing to do with the state. It's a local ordinance. You do realize there are varying levels of government, right? And I can assure there are places in your "deep blue state" where he also would not be allowed to do it.
Thread.

It’s an upscale neighborhood!

People pay big money in property taxes and shouldn’t be forced to look at that crap.

Okay. And?
In response to someone pointing out right-leaning Florida is supposedly a "bastion of freedoms," you pointed out this is a local issue not a state issue. That's true but ignores the fact that Walton County is very red and speaks to that other posters point about Republicans.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

People pay big money in property taxes and shouldn’t be forced to look at that crap.

Wrong.
I realize it does lower property values and is annoying, but the city is the one in violation of the Constitution.
The banners have to be legal.

In response to someone pointing out right-leaning Florida is supposedly a "bastion of freedoms," you pointed out this is a local issue not a state issue. That's true but ignores the fact that Walton County is very red and speaks to that other posters point about Republicans.

Irrelevant.
Political speech is paramount over all levels of government.
The only way the city would have a point is if it had flashing lights, music, etc.

Not a single Republican on the county board, Dumbass.
But they voted for Trump and can’t stand him! Dude. Can’t have an honest conversation with people who just lie cause they’re rugs!

Wrong.
I realize it does lower property values and is annoying, but the city is the one in violation of the Constitution.
The banners have to be legal.
How does it bring down property values?

Seems some conservative stepped up to pay the fines for two years, Dumbfuck.

Are you ever not an idiot?
Let the attention seeking clown have his pretty little banners. Once he gets bored with his act & the herd stops paying attention he'll quietly take them down.

And that, will be that.

Hilarious. You guys have been talking about how Florida is such a bastion of freedoms.

In my deep blue state, dude could hang whatever banner he wants and no one cares. People in these snobby older communities have a real stick up their ass when it comes to personal expression.
Is that the same blue state that offers sanctuary to illegal aliens, allows degenerates to shit on sidewalks and provides needles at slam stations for degenerates?

Don't any of those people have jobs?
Maybe they have the same job your pussy hat people have…huh?
4E241667-7987-4F20-88EC-D51E8ADD6E9A.jpeg

81C8849C-391E-430B-BE2C-AC04457B58B7.jpeg

It's his right to be stupid on his own property. I don't see how the county prevails in this case.
Whilst that should be the case, particularly when we are talking about political speech, it really is not in my experience. Localities exercise great control over your property, particularly in higher end areas.

I will never understand the draw for this kind of local stricture, I could care less what asinine thing you place on your property, but most people generally disagree with me on that. The closer you get to the people, the more arbitrary the government powers become.

Yes they should.
That is the whole point.
It is a guaranteed constitutional right.
There is no legal way to complain about political posters or banners.

Whilst that should be the case, particularly when we are talking about political speech, it really is not in my experience. Localities exercise great control over your property, particularly in higher end areas.

I will never understand the draw for this kind of local stricture, I could care less what asinine thing you place on your property, but most people generally disagree with me on that. The closer you get to the people, the more arbitrary the government powers become.

But arbitrary edicts in violation of the Constitution are fascist and need to be resisted with violent force, or no rights will survive at all.

Hilarious. You guys have been talking about how Florida is such a bastion of freedoms.

In my deep blue state, dude could hang whatever banner he wants and no one cares. People in these snobby older communities have a real stick up their ass when it comes to personal expression.
It's not Panama City Florida, it's not even in the same county. It's Walton County on Hwy. 30A. It's very exclusive and they don't allow banners, you can't even have a chain restaurant in South Walton. It's a meeting pot of wealthy Americans and a lot of Europeans. I live right by where the banner hangs. It's huge and a little over the top but if it makes liberal heads explode I can live with it.

Forum List

Back