'Heinous atrocity': Same-sex couple, two kids murdered in New York basement

`
"Police are working to try and unravel the mystery of who killed a woman, her partner and her two young children, whose bodies were found in a riverfront apartment house the day after Christmas.

"After being in this business for 43 years, I can't describe the savagery of a person who would do this," said Troy Police Chief John Tedesco. Police on Thursday identified the victims as Shanta Myers, 36; Brandi Mells, 22; Jeremiah Myers, 11; and Shanise Myers, 5. Shanta Myers, the mother of both children, was in a relationship with Mells, the police chief said. Investigators declined to confirm the method of death or any details regarding the scene of the crime.

Tedesco declared during a news conference that the killings were "not a random act," but wouldn't say why he believed that was the case." - Source
`
`

While police details of this despicable crime are still a bit sketchy, it looks like a hate crime to me. Given the current political climate of hate and intolerance, it doesn't surprise me. My prayers go with the victims and surviving family members.

I willing to bet money that the murderers, if identified, are not Trump supporters.
appears they are not Trump supporters--they're black
Strike one against the OP

Well, some blacks support Trump.

Blacks from New York City? That are violent barbarian monsters?

The low odds are dropping fast, approaching zero.

What the fuck does their sexual orientation have to do with the crime ?

It is completely possible that the murderers were at least partially motivated by hatred of homosexuality.

Especially if either of these scum had converted to Islam at some point.

`
"Police are working to try and unravel the mystery of who killed a woman, her partner and her two young children, whose bodies were found in a riverfront apartment house the day after Christmas.

"After being in this business for 43 years, I can't describe the savagery of a person who would do this," said Troy Police Chief John Tedesco. Police on Thursday identified the victims as Shanta Myers, 36; Brandi Mells, 22; Jeremiah Myers, 11; and Shanise Myers, 5. Shanta Myers, the mother of both children, was in a relationship with Mells, the police chief said. Investigators declined to confirm the method of death or any details regarding the scene of the crime.

Tedesco declared during a news conference that the killings were "not a random act," but wouldn't say why he believed that was the case." - Source
`
`

While police details of this despicable crime are still a bit sketchy, it looks like a hate crime to me. Given the current political climate of hate and intolerance, it doesn't surprise me. My prayers go with the victims and surviving family members.

I willing to bet money that the murderers, if identified, are not Trump supporters.
appears they are not Trump supporters--they're black
Strike one against the OP

Well, some blacks support Trump.

Blacks from New York City? That are violent barbarian monsters?

The low odds are dropping fast, approaching zero.
true

I hope they get the death penalty.How, in your mind, does this impact your talk of "current political environment of hatred and intolerance"?
`
That's what I believe. It's my opinion.

But the reality seems to be the opposite of what you expected.

That is when we learn. When are preconceptions are challenged by reality.

Well, it is when we have a CHOICE, to learn, or to reject evidence and hew to our preconceived notions.

Well, some blacks support Trump.Blacks from New York City? That are violent barbarian monsters? The low odds are dropping fast, approaching zero.
`
I'll wait for more facts when they become available.

If I'm the detective on the case, I'm looking hard at the ex-husband or boyfriend. The father of the kids. It took a man to do that kind of damage.
What kind of damage is that, exactly?
According to the article it was pretty gruesome. Usually when that kind of damage is done it's because it's personal. And killing the kids is extra. It sounds personal, and it took someone who could overpower all four of them at once.

as crazy as humans are, it wouldn't surprise me these blacks murdered for $$$...but, they picked a LGTBQ couple to make it look like LGTBQ haters killed them for hate--not $$

The op is about the political implications of this crime.

But I want to take a moment to express that I hope we see as "swift" of justice as possible, though I doubt we will see a death penalty in New York.

Which is a great and terrible injustice. This crime screams out for the Death Penalty, and anything less is a gross injustice against the victims, especially the children.

What the fuck does their sexual orientation have to do with the crime ?

It is completely possible that the murderers were at least partially motivated by hatred of homosexuality.

Especially if either of these scum had converted to Islam at some point.
Murder is murder and should not have victim classes.

Agreed.

But the Op was about the political implications of what the OP assumed was a politically inspired crime.

That is a valid topic of discussion.

Who was the father of these children? Or, at least, which man was told he was the father of these children?
Why is it your business?

Will you ever be strong enough to break out of the Liberal straitjacket???

"One change in societal attitude has been the “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever be judgmental. As a result, the upper cultural class, which has stabilized by returning to more traditional ways, survives, yet these individuals will not criticize the behaviors which are destroying the lower cultural class."
Charles Murray

If they turn out to be rabid Trump supporters, think about what you will say to me.Try to be honest with yourself.
`
`

I'll wait till I cross that bridge.

The way to test yourself is to go out of a limb in advance of information. I have done that many times.

To see if how close to reality your preconceptions are.

Did you have an idea what you would be saying to me, if it had turned out to be a Trump inspired hate crime?

Im not sure why theyre hiding the details of the crime from the press, Im sure its leaked though.

The 4 of them were tied up and their throats were slashed. The horror, for them all. I cannot even fathom.....this is the type of shit you just want to become a vigilante over. Those poor babies.

Their politics? The fakk, nobody really understands now do they? Ghetto folks are not political, I mean seriously how asinine do you think that is.....you think a random Welfare mother of 4 is watching msnbc at night, the fakk's wrong with you? You think the type of dudes who dont even get out of bed for a court appointment cuz theyre too high, or hungover........thus facing a warrant for arrest due to abject laziness...

are all like...

"lets get out the vote yall! someone splash water over my face so i can go responsibly vote now ya hear?"

so stupid

Im not sure why theyre hiding the details of the crime from the press, Im sure its leaked though.

The 4 of them were tied up and their throats were slashed. The horror, for them all. I cannot even fathom.....this is the type of shit you just want to become a vigilante over. Those poor babies.

Their politics? The fakk, nobody really understands now do they? Ghetto folks are not political, I mean seriously how asinine do you think that is.....you think a random Welfare mother of 4 is watching msnbc at night, the fakk's wrong with you? You think the type of dudes who dont even get out of bed for a court appointment cuz theyre too high, or hungover........thus facing a warrant for arrest due to abject laziness...

are all like...

"lets get out the vote yall! someone splash water over my face so i can go responsibly vote now ya hear?"

so stupid
exactly
as I've stated many times in the forum--people think in terms more of TV/movies aspects and not reality

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Forum List

Back