Hispanics: The Democrats may have put themselves in a bind

I am not surprised, I think it has been known for some time that they tend to be culturally more conservative and also more religious. If Republicans would toe down some of the uglier nativist and anti immigrant rhetoric, they’d have a large portion of the group. But that would go against tbe base.
Exactly right. But, of course, they can't. They have one speed, caveman, and that's it.

Negative, the gop has got people to vote for them because the dems moved farther left.

Youngkin here in Virginia either won the Hispanic vote outright or came so close that it made no difference. He got the percentages he needed from that block of voters.

Just forget Trump ever existed and look at the down ballot voting in 2020 and you will find a swing by Hispanics toward the gop that should more than concern you.

Then in 2021 a very blue TX (state) district (75% Hispanic) went to the gop.
Texas District, Roughly 75% Hispanic, Turns Red For GOP | The Daily Wire

Fact is you can't wish away what is going on with the Hispanic vote. They are becoming as mainstream as white voters and because they are hard workers and family oriented and want to do well for them and theirs so you should not expect them to stay on the dem plantation like your dependent black slaves do.

The worm is turning with Hispanics and you only have your corrupt leftist agenda to blame.
The Republican Party has moved much further to the right over the last few decades. Why do you think so many have quit or been RINO’d? Dems are now moving further left as well. There is no party for centrists any more.

The Republican Party has moved much further to the right over the last few decades. Why do you think so many have quit or been RINO’d? Dems are now moving further left as well. There is no party for centrists any more.
I don't know where you live but I'm not seeing it either on the state or national level. Oh there might be a hot button issue like immigration, guns, or abortion that might lead one to feel that way but on the whole the general shift is to the left and dangerously so IMHO.

I started voting in the mid-terms before the Ford/Carter election and your average dem back then, other than one or two liberal "warts" was what would be termed a conservative now.

I think it centers around money, everyone has their hand out and political success is measured in how much of our tax money can be siphoned off to enrich the cronies of the politicians, or those groups who shout the loudest.

I can remember a time here in Virginia that very little federal grant money was used due to the strings attached, mainly just for roads. State dems and gop alike shunned federal money. Now there are firms that the state and municipal governments hire to get all the fed money that they can by lobbying the congress critters.

Socially conservative and fiscally liberal?

Lmfao thanks for the morning laugh, crack head

Yeah, this may be the wackiest thing JoeB has ever said and that is saying something. He has it exactly backwards. Independants are overwhemingly socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Frankly, only a complete numbskull would be fiscally liberal. Their economic policies are borderline traitorous.

Uh, guy, Virginia does what it does EVERY election, go the opposite of whoever is in the White House at the time. That really doesn't mean anything.

Um, no it just means we have too much gerrymandering. The fact is, Trump did less well with Hispanics than Bush did in 2004, even with the power of incumbency.

Again, when they realize that you rednecks don't see any difference between a wetback and a sp!c who was born here, they will come to their senses.
Meh, keep deluding yourself as it makes not a fig of difference to me. Results are all that matters.

So the GOP has always done a pretty good job getting stupid people to vote for them

In general, the most ignorant people vote for Democrats. There is a reason the LEAST successful people in our country vote HEAVILY Democratic and it is not to pad their own pockets. There is generally an inverse correlation between professional success and ignorance.

I don't know where you live but I'm not seeing it either on the state or national level. Oh there might be a hot button issue like immigration, guns, or abortion that might lead one to feel that way but on the whole the general shift is to the left and dangerously so IMHO.

I started voting in the mid-terms before the Ford/Carter election and your average dem back then, other than one or two liberal "warts" was what would be termed a conservative now.

People like to say this but RvW was decided in 1973. There was no backlash to overturn it. One might even note that both parties went after the conservative Nixon. That in 1976 Carter was elected.

I think it centers around money, everyone has their hand out and political success is measured in how much of our tax money can be siphoned off to enrich the cronies of the politicians, or those groups who shout the loudest.

I can remember a time here in Virginia that very little federal grant money was used due to the strings attached, mainly just for roads. State dems and gop alike shunned federal money. Now there are firms that the state and municipal governments hire to get all the fed money that they can by lobbying the congress critters.

Yes, we no longer have ideas.........we have slaves to corporate greed.

In general, the most ignorant people vote for Democrats. There is a reason the LEAST successful people in our country vote HEAVILY Democratic and it is not to pad their own pockets. There is generally an inverse correlation between professional success and ignorance.

Those marching with the Trump/Confederate flags are not the brightest among us.

I’m probably the only white person here that was developed in a black brown Asian community.. A lot of it has to do with where you were educated. It doesn’t matter what color you are if you were educated in a dem run city you were indoctrinated by Democrats. You’re taught to hate the south one. And that’s because they recognize today as Republican.. so you grow up hating Republicans not understanding why as racism left the south it became more Republican.

Last edited:
Those marching with the Trump/Confederate flags are not the brightest among us.

I never said they were and neither are those dressed as big vajajas or those marching in BLM protests/riots. The fact is that the Democratic base controls the least successful in society. That is undeniable.

I never said they were and neither are those dressed as big vajajas or those marching in BLM protests/riots. The fact is that the Democratic base controls the least successful in society. That is undeniable.

BLM accomplished a lot of good for this country. You simply do not like that which makes me wonder how many Confederate flags you own.

People like to say this but RvW was decided in 1973. There was no backlash to overturn it. One might even note that both parties went after the conservative Nixon. That in 1976 Carter was elected.

Yes, we no longer have ideas.........we have slaves to corporate greed.
Yeah, I just wish the gop would just STFU about abortion.....It's not going anywhere.

81,LOL,LOL

no sane person believes Biden got 81 million legal votes

I think you may be on to something here. Sanity is not a prerequisite to vote Democratic, in fact, the establishment would prefer the opposite. They want voters who are easily duped and led astray.

BLM accomplished a lot of good for this country. You simply do not like that which makes me wonder how many Confederate flags you own.

Oh Lord, here we go with the racism crap again. People can disagree with BLM and not be racist. Shocker I know.

Oh Lord, here we go with the racism crap again. People can disagree with BLM and not be racist. Shocker I know.

If you disagree with a fair and just justice system I'm not sure where else to go.

Care to flesh that out because I'm not seeing it. Burn/Loot/Murder is a pretty accurate description for them and what they did put blacks in the poorest possible light.

More like BLM did good for themselves given the rank fraud that's coming to light.

If you disagree with a fair and just justice system I'm not sure where else to go.

I do agree with a fair justice system. I do not agree with BLM, the organization. I am in agreement with the idea that “black lives matter”, of course they do.

Care to flesh that out because I'm not seeing it. Burn/Loot/Murder is a pretty accurate description for them and what they did put blacks in the poorest possible light.

More like BLM did good for themselves given the rank fraud that's coming to light.

Ask Derek Chauvin and Gregory and Travis McMichael what they think of that. Ask those who can no longer beat an innocent persons door down and start firing.

I do agree with a fair justice system. I do not agree with BLM, the organization. I am in agreement with the idea that “black lives matter”, of course they do.

I care less if you support the "organized" anything. It's not really about that. I support peoples 2nd Amendment rights but I want nothing to do with the cowardly NRA.

Forum List

Back