Hogg Complains Clear Backpacks Infringe On His Constitutional Rights

Are you guys really sure you want to make fun of teenage kids reacting to a horrific, bloody slaughter at their school?

Is this really a good idea?
we should make fun of the parents for not preparing them better for the world.

crying about your backpack?
claiming it's worth more than your life?

cripes, in my last HS we didn't have locks on our 'lockers' so that the Principle could go through them when ever he wanted.

All my kids had to use clear backpacks. They will live.
First of all, fortunately none of us knows what this has been like for the kids and their parents. I can't even imagine how I'd feel or react if one of my beautiful kids went to a school with a bloody mass shooting and had to live with the after-effects.

Second, from a political perspective (and pretty much everything is made political now), this looks really, really bad.
so what should we do?

wait until our rights are gone b/c we might hurt some feelings?

seriously, these kids are old enough to understand that these are the new measures to prevent further harm b/c criminals can get guns.
Well, I guess if I were advocating for something, one thing I'd definitely take into consideration is the net value of my tactics. If an approach does more harm than good, I'd avoid it and look for another approach.

In this case, it would be obvious to me that attacking traumatized children would only give my opponents a wealth of ammunition, no pun intended, and I'd leave them alone and focus on other elements of the issue.

Are you guys really sure you want to make fun of teenage kids reacting to a horrific, bloody slaughter at their school?

Is this really a good idea?

cripes, in my last HS we didn't have locks on our 'lockers' so that the Principle could go through them when ever he wanted.

First of all, fortunately none of us knows what this has been like for the kids and their parents. I can't even imagine how I'd feel or react if one of my beautiful kids went to a school with a bloody mass shooting and had to live with the after-effects.

Second, from a political perspective (and pretty much everything is made political now), this looks really, really bad.
so what should we do?

seriously, these kids are old enough to understand that these are the new measures to prevent further harm b/c criminals can get guns.
Well, I guess if I were advocating for something, one thing I'd definitely take into consideration is the net value of my tactics. If an approach does more harm than good, I'd look for another approach.

In this case, it would be obvious to me that attacking traumatized children would only give my opponents a wealth of ammunition, no pun intended, and I'd leave them alone and focus on other elements of the issue.

Is that not why they must now use clear back packs?

can't tell if funny, ironic, sad, boring, ignorant, stewpud, dumb, fucking domb or just painful to watch.

how the fuck do you demand the removal of the 2nd but get all pissy about clear backpacks?

Because you can't kill someone with a backpack?
gee, where would be a great place to hide a weapon?

Don’t know that a back pack makes much of a difference. Looking back, it seems most of the kids who did the shootings never used pack packs. They had better made plans.

But the kids are learning a valuable lesson here. Sure, go on and push to have other people’s rights taken away, but realize that when you do that, you give up a shit ton of your rights as well. Just l ook at the airports and the TSA after 9/11. After 9/11 nothing changed as far as airline security go’s except for the fact that the government put an organization there to rub your bathing suit parts and dig through your shit between you and your gate. TSA has a 99% fail rate yet here they are. Same will happen in schools and all the other little kids who hate it can thank David Hogg for their new back packs.
well nothing says the government will fix it like over doing it.

so what should we do?

Well, I guess if I were advocating for something, one thing I'd definitely take into consideration is the net value of my tactics. If an approach does more harm than good, I'd look for another approach.

Is that not why they must now use clear back packs?
Not sure what you mean.

Yeah. Imagine that, having to have a clear backpack where everyone can see your stuff because we can't keep crazy people from getting guns. we have laws in place, not that facts bother you.

We don't have effective laws, that's the problem.

Rest of the world has figured this out, which is why they don't have school shootings.

Like we have to watch a safety film of "What to do if a crazy person starts shooting up the theater" while trying to enjoy a new movie. this, of course, has never happened.

Actually, it did. When I went to go see "Star Trek: Into Darkness" right after the Aurora Shooting, they had this film.

Now, I haven't seen it since, but I usually don't go to that theater chain.

Yup, the gun nuts are making all of our lives a lot more of pain.your life sucks b/c your the most involved person in it.

No, the gun nuts are doing that by making it an armed camp. Frankly, I would LOVE to not turn on the radio and hear about another school shooting. i would love to walk past flags that aren't at half-mast because there was another mass shooting and they had only put them back up from the last one.

But I can always tell when I've won an argument when they try to make it about me.

Hey retard, clear back packs have been the rule for many school districts since the 90’s. It was supposed to stop school shooters...

And since the number of school shooters has increased since the 1990's, it clearly hasn't worked.
you will, of course, post proof that a shooting occurred in a school with these clear backpacks or admit you lied.

He won’t. But one may have. When clear backpacks were the rule here, kids just stopped using back packs. They don’t last to long. Not very durable.

But the kids are learning a valuable lesson here. Sure, go on and push to have other people’s rights taken away, but realize that when you do that, you give up a shit ton of your rights as well. Just l ook at the airports and the TSA after 9/11. After 9/11 nothing changed as far as airline security go’s except for the fact that the government put an organization there to rub your bathing suit parts and dig through your shit between you and your gate. TSA has a 99% fail rate yet here they are. Same will happen in schools and all the other little kids who hate it can thank David Hogg for their new back packs.

Okay, let's look at that.

Number of hijackings since the TSA put the new security measures in place.

ZERO.

Wow. You mean these things work when you try them? Amazing.

BA35348D-D3F0-432D-8BDA-44B5352ABF40.jpeg

No, it shows them for who they are.

The NRA has only gotten away with it's batshit crazy position because they've been VERY GOOD at bullying the other side into submission.

This just outs them as bullies.
since when is standing up for the Constitution being a bully?

so far left you think tyranny is good and the Constitution is bad.

ZERO.

so you missed the number of people that got on planes with bombs?

mmmkay

Yeah. Imagine that, having to have a clear backpack where everyone can see your stuff because we can't keep crazy people from getting guns. we have laws in place, not that facts bother you.

Rest of the world has figured this out, which is why they don't have school shootings.

Like we have to watch a safety film of "What to do if a crazy person starts shooting up the theater" while trying to enjoy a new movie. this, of course, has never happened.

Actually, it did. When I went to go see "Star Trek: Into Darkness" right after the Aurora Shooting, they had this film.

Yup, the gun nuts are making all of our lives a lot more of pain.your life sucks b/c your the most involved person in it.

No, the gun nuts are doing that by making it an armed camp. Frankly, I would LOVE to not turn on the radio and hear about another school shooting. i would love to walk past flags that aren't at half-mast because there was another mass shooting and they had only put them back up from the last one.

But I can always tell when I've won an argument when they try to make it about me.
you will, of course, post proof that a shooting occurred in a school with these clear backpacks or admit you lied.

I don't have to.

We've had more school shootings since the 1990's... case closed.

You lie. They just get more press now. Mass killings at schools are and were common as far back as the 1800’s. Even across the pond. You would think guns would be what they all have in common but it’s not.

since when is standing up for the Constitution being a bully?

so far left you think tyranny is good and the Constitution is bad.

I think misreading the militia amendment as a right to guns is just crazy.

I don't think that we should take the word of slave rapists who shit in chamber pots as holy writ.

The rest of the industrial democracies limit gun ownership, and they are just as free or freer than we are.

You lie. They just get more press now. Mass killings at schools are and were common as far back as the 1800’s. Even across the pond. You would think guns would be what they all have in common but it’s not.

School Shootings in the 1800's? Um, Yeah.

"Hey, can you all hold still while I reload my powder and my musket ball after the first shot. I want to shoot all of you, but you are just going to have to wait your turn!"

ZERO.

so you missed the number of people that got on planes with bombs?

mmmkay

That’s the 99% fail rate TSA has at this time. Hell, they couldn’t even stop a mass shooting carried out against them. Remember LA X?

2013 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

On November 1, 2013, a shooting occurred at around 9:20 a.m. PDT in Terminal 3 of the Los Angeles International Airport. Paul Anthony Ciancia, aged 23, opened fire with a rifle, killing a U.S. government Transportation Security Administration officer and injuring several other people.

School Shootings in the 1800's? Um, Yeah.

"Hey, can you all hold still while I reload my powder and my musket ball after the first shot. I want to shoot all of you, but you are just going to have to wait your turn!"

Pretty much. In this one it’s likely they went to Knives, clubs and such.

History of School Shootings in the United States | K12 Academics

I don't have to.

We've had more school shootings since the 1990's... case closed.

I’m going to need to see a citation for that allegation.

I’m also going to need to see your personal definition of the word “common.”

Forum List

Back