Hold the debt ceiling hostage for entitlement reform? Maybe.

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
I have been scatter shotting trying to find the keystone of our current fiscal impasse. What I have found, in a word; Entitlements.

I could reference a hundred articles, dozens of videos, and page after page of cartoons warning of the dire effects of unreformed entitlements. I have found ONE article as a counter article by someone who is partisan, doesn't make him wrong, but the logic is weak.

I would love to heard comments from either side. Meanwhile my search for answers continues.

Its like being mad at your wife for spending to much and then refusing to pay the bills she already incured after YOU gave her the credit card and told her to go spend money.

it will distroy your family credit and put you further in debt

anyone who would advocate for such an idea is a idiot OR they are trying to distory our country

I am really thinking whomever is dragging the tea party tards arround by the nose wants this country to be weak enough to drown in the tub

The Silent Entitlements Monster: Social Security, Medicare And Interest On The Debt Will Gobble Up Every Single Tax Dollar By 2020

Growth-Of-Entitlement-Spending.png

tha is why it would be a great idea to bring in more new citizens to pay into them huh?

You see the BIG problem with SS is that the baby boom is so big that it swells the recievers to pay in people at the momment ratios.

More tax payers

More funds.

see why immigration is the answer?

its a win win

I am really thinking whomever is dragging the tea party tards arround by the nose wants this country to be weak enough to drown in the tub

Don't get the Tea Party mixed up the entitlement reform. The wacko Tea Party can latch onto whatever they like but Entitlement Reform stands on its own.

tha is why it would be a great idea to bring in more new citizens to pay into them huh?

You see the BIG problem with SS is that the baby boom is so big that it swells the recievers to pay in people at the momment ratios.

More tax payers

More funds.

its a win win

And they bring in their parents? I have listened to enough videos to have heard that one already. Even so the number of immigrants needed would be a cruise line basically dedicated to ferrying people across the ocean, in the needed age group of course.

There was a funny comment from one of the panel members, "Government either does nothing or it overreatcts." Right now we're in the first one. We don't need to go to the second but we had better do something.
93578_Entitlements-by-John-Darkow-Columbia-Daily-Tribune-Missouri-515x405.jpg

This thread is a perfect example of how these issues cannot be solved by our current so-called leaders as they are all more concerned about partisanship than accomplishing anything.

You two are very good at demonstrating whats wrong with the two party chokehold on our government. Both of you, just like our current crop of congress members, are more concerned about scoring "a win" against the other side than solving anything. partisanship trumps all and seems to excuse not listening and/or denigrating the other side.

Neither side is interested in actually accomplishing anything other than bickering with the other side.

sad really

what do you suggest?

I am far from the one who should be making suggestions. There are more than enough people who are perfectly capable. What needs to happen is Congress and the President need to step up to the plate. Ryan's plan is, well, incoherent at best. The ball is in the Democrat's court. The President wants an indisputable place in history? He can be the one who addresses Entitlement Reform in 2013.

what do you suggest?

I am far from the one who should be making suggestions. There are more than enough people who are perfectly capable. What needs to happen is Congress and the President need to step up to the plate. Ryan's plan is, well, incoherent at best. The ball is in the Democrat's court. The President wants an indisputable place in history? He can be the one who addresses Entitlement Reform in 2013.

they already did cuts.

you didnt even notice?

This thread is a perfect example of how these issues cannot be solved by our current so-called leaders as they are all more concerned about partisanship than accomplishing anything.

You two are very good at demonstrating whats wrong with the two party chokehold on our government. Both of you, just like our current crop of congress members, are more concerned about scoring "a win" against the other side than solving anything. partisanship trumps all and seems to excuse not listening and/or denigrating the other side.

Neither side is interested in actually accomplishing anything other than bickering with the other side.

sad really

This thread is a perfect example how they don't have a choice anymore. I really don't think I am being overly dramatic when I say, they either address this or we fuck up the works.

This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype
Save that for the black and white
I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked,
But here they come again to jack my style

My solution? By myself I cannot change the fact that voters elect these selfish fools to congress knowing they won't have our best interest at heart.

On a more personal level, what my "solution" has been is to position myself and my family so it really won't affect us all that much. Location, topography, population, a power supply, water, storage areas and a sustainable lifestyle are all issues that with intelligence and planning can put your family in the same position. Once one declares "self-sufficiency" the actions of our government become minor annoyances.

More tax payers

More funds.

its a win win

How do you know these "more taxpayers" won't be sucking off the same entitlement system?

God...why do some people think "more immigration" is the solution to everything?

Forum List

Back