Holy crap - this has to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You always were a slow learner.

"BILL AYERS, COMMUNIST PROVIDED ARIZONA SHOOTER'S CURRICULUM?
Jared Lee Loughner, the suspected gunman in Saturday’s Arizona shooting, attended a high school that is part of a network in which teachers are trained and provided resources by a liberal group founded by Weatherman terrorist Bill Ayers and funded by President Obama,....

The group, Small Schools Workshop, has been led by a former top communist activist who is an associate of Ayers.

Obama provided the group with funds in the 1990s when he worked at an education reform group alongside Ayers.

Loughner attended Mountain View High School, which is part of Arizona’s Marana Unified School District."

....Klonsky became a top communist activist and leader of the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party.

He reportedly identified as a Maoist, and traveled in 1977 to Beijing,...."
Bill Ayers, communist provided Arizona shooter’s curriculum?

Those who knew Loughner claim he changed after said 'schooling'...

"Jared Lee Loughner's high school girlfriend: 'He was completely different back then than he is now'
Kelsey Hawkes, who dated Arizona shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner in high school, says she's been 'bombarded' by media inquiries. 'I did date Jared Loughner six years ago in high school,' she says, 'but he's not the same Jared Loughner that the world now knows as a mass murderer -- not the same person at all.'"

January 12, 2011|By Molly Hennessey-Fiske, Los Angeles Times

The insane killer, Jared Loughner was a product of Leftist propaganda in schools funded by Barack Hussein Obama.

Now that we're chatting.....what caused your insanity?
You poor thing. Bless your heart.

I didn't ask you to repeat your post. I asked you, exactly what about Ayers/Klonsky's book do you contend caused Loughner to become the monster who unloaded his weapons on innocent folks?

Since I asked you to cite something from their book that you claim would inspire such a mentally depraved condition, don't you realize the answer should contain something from their book? Repeating banalities from your earlier post certainly doesn't answer it.

Book?

You dunce, it was an entire high school curriculum infused with Leftists propaganda.

You of all people should understand how weak minded individuals succumb to that sort of indoctrination.

Probably took even less time with a dope like you, huh?
Yes, their book which contributed to the curriculum you obviously know nothing about...

A Simple Justice: The Challenge of Small Schools (Teaching for Social Justice Series) (Teaching for Social Justice (Paperback)): William Ayers, Michael Klonsky, Gabrielle Lyon: 9780807739624: Amazon.com: Books

So? Should I expect you to keep running from my question, which seems to be all you ever do...

Exactly what about Ayers/Klonsky's book do you contend caused Loughner to become the monster who unloaded his weapons on innocent folks?

Not a book, you dope.....

....years of political indoctrination.
As always, you don't know what you're talking about.

Figures.

The Small Learning Communities cites their book, as well as others, as contributing factors towards the program they develeoped.

And as everyone here saw for themselves... you spout nonesense about what they do without even knowing what it is they actually do.
icon_rolleyes.gif
I've got PoliticalChic reduced to ad hominems. Does that mean I won?

I didn't ask you to repeat your post. I asked you, exactly what about Ayers/Klonsky's book do you contend caused Loughner to become the monster who unloaded his weapons on innocent folks?

Since I asked you to cite something from their book that you claim would inspire such a mentally depraved condition, don't you realize the answer should contain something from their book? Repeating banalities from your earlier post certainly doesn't answer it.

Book?

You dunce, it was an entire high school curriculum infused with Leftists propaganda.

You of all people should understand how weak minded individuals succumb to that sort of indoctrination.

Yes, their book which contributed to the curriculum you obviously know nothing about...

A Simple Justice: The Challenge of Small Schools (Teaching for Social Justice Series) (Teaching for Social Justice (Paperback)): William Ayers, Michael Klonsky, Gabrielle Lyon: 9780807739624: Amazon.com: Books

So? Should I expect you to keep running from my question, which seems to be all you ever do...

Exactly what about Ayers/Klonsky's book do you contend caused Loughner to become the monster who unloaded his weapons on innocent folks?

Figures.

The Small Learning Communities cites their book, as well as others, as contributing factors towards the program they develeoped.

And as everyone here saw for themselves... you spout nonesense about what they do without even knowing what it is they actually do.
icon_rolleyes.gif
The good news is yes; the bad news is ... it's PoliticalHack, winning a debate against her is as easy as posting.

Book?

Figures.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I provide facts.
You post how you'd rather not read them.

We've each revealed who we are.

What more is there to say?

Book?

Figures.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I provide facts.
You post how you'd rather not read them.

We've each revealed who we are.

What more is there to say?
LOLOL

No, moron, you do not posts facts.

Case in point ... here you are blaming a curriculum by Ayers and Klonsky for Loughner. Is that a fact? Of course not.

How do we know?

Aside from your inability to describe anything they published, their material was used in Mountain View High since about 2002. A school with about 750 students per grade. That's about 12,000 students exposed to the Smaller Learning Communities program from that one school alone; and there are dozens, if not hundreds of schools which have adapted the SLC program. That means there are between hundreds of thousands and millions of students who've been exposed to the program and you've shown only one of them committed mass murder -- which means it's not the school curriculum which caused, or influenced him, to commit such a heinous crime.

And from his rightwing anti-government rants, along with the political party of his target, as well as his deformed brain, we can determine on which side of the aisle he ended up.

Book?

Figures.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Technically yes,, but to be fair -- it doesn't take a whole lot to do that. I found that out as soon as I joined this site. :)

The normal population? Exactly what do you mean by normal?
What do you think I mean?

The ones that don't advocate baby killing, tree worship, drug use, and sexual depravity of all forms.

The sane people.

lol........ trump was very much an advocate for freedom of choice until he wanted to be prez. he was also the epitome of sexual depravity.... the vile creature had no problem with admitting to grabbing women by the pussy & that is probably the least of it just ask those russian hookers who gave him his golden shower.
There you have it, civility by the left.

"The left" does not post here. Whatever you quoted was one (1) poster.

You just don't get the distinction between "singular" and "plural" do ya?
Hilarious how the left are terrified to come out of the closet and admit they are on the left.

Hilarious how you can post personal accusations and think you don't have to take responsibility for 'em.

Still actively running away from that I see.

WIMP.

What do you think I mean?

The ones that don't advocate baby killing, tree worship, drug use, and sexual depravity of all forms.

The sane people.

lol........ trump was very much an advocate for freedom of choice until he wanted to be prez. he was also the epitome of sexual depravity.... the vile creature had no problem with admitting to grabbing women by the pussy & that is probably the least of it just ask those russian hookers who gave him his golden shower.

Hilarious how the left are terrified to come out of the closet and admit they are on the left.

Hilarious how you can post personal accusations and think you don't have to take responsibility for 'em.

WIMP.

Everyone already knows it has been posted. Living in denial is common among the left.

Seriously. This toxic partisan political culture is poisoning civil society.

What the hell is wrong with us?

The left and the right pulling hair and screeching their bumpersticker slogans and broad brush pig ignorant partisan blamegaming? What's wrong with us?

I'm no youngster. I've never seen such a dangerous ambient.

We have someone shooting at one of our few remaining bipartisan non political fun charitable events because he wants to kill a bunch of (insert political party).

The rhetoric flooding the country is poisoning us. And no one wants to take responsibility for stepping up and saying "enough already". For changing it.

Our representatives are colleagues first and foremost. Political opponents second. They recognize it. That violence against one is violence against the others and against our very institutions. Why are we unable to recognize that?
So where is the condemnation from the left?

Warren: 'Donald, You Ain't Seen Nasty Yet'

WaPo Reporter Gives Out Sheriff Clarke’s Home Address
WaPo Reporter Gives Out Sheriff Clarke's Home Address

Book?

Figures.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Technically yes,, but to be fair -- it doesn't take a whole lot to do that. I found that out as soon as I joined this site. :)

Little doggies nipping at my heels.

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends."
- William Butler Yeats

The reverse is equally true.

WIMP.

Everyone already knows it has been posted. Living in denial is common among the left.

Amazing. It's Fallacies Gone Wild. First a false accusation pulled out of your ass, a running-away from any responsibility for it ---- and now an "everybody knows" fallacy implying what never got done, got done. Not because it actually got done, but because we're going to pretend it got done.

All because you can't take responsibility for your own words. You'd rather bury yourself in hot fallacy-on-fallacy action.

What are you, four years old?

I could pretend I'm on a beach in Tahiti sipping piña colada. Doesn't make it happen.

SMH

The supreme irony is you want to slur me for words I never posted, and then run away from your own words you DID post. Dishonest HACK.

Actually, we don't know when he became criminally insane....but as far as politics having nothing to do with it.....the jury is out on that.

Did you know about this?

1. Research turned up an Obama-Loughner link: Obama and Ayers shunted funds to support Maoist Michael Klonsky. In 1991 Klonsky and Ayers co-founded a project known as the "Small Schools Workshop" (SSW); the teacher preaching the “social justice” gospel that American capitalism is a racist, materialist, imperialist cauldron of injustice can have greater impact on the students he seeks to mold into his conception of the “good citizen” — and on the teachers he is teaching to be preachers. Another Communist in Obama’s Orb - Andrew C. McCarthy - National Review Online .
    2. During his formative high school years, Jarod Lee Loughner attended the Mountain View High School, in Arizona…a school whose curriculum was designed by Mike Klonsky, friend and associate of Bill Ayers and Barack Obama… Shooting suspect?s nihilism rose with isolation - Herald News

"Educated" by the Left, in schools funded by the snake, Obama....yet the NYTimes tried to link it to the Right.
LOLOL

Yet more typical rightarded nonsense from PoliticalHack. :rolleyes:

Loughner should have been institutionalized long before he killed anybody.

So should you.

In Ugly's case, the appropriate institution would be a zoo.
As typical for you, all lies and/or invective -- but no answers...

Proving you to be a low-life moron has become tedious.

Everyone just witnessed another victim of Leftwing propaganda inspiring violence and murder

a. James T. Hodgkinson produced quotes almost exactly from Bernie Sander's speeches on Facebook
b. He then takes the quotes literally....and makes a list of Republicans to kill.
c. Now you have the gall to demand exactly how Jarod Lee Loughner had been bent by years in a communist-organized high school paid for by Hussein Obama.
You just saw the cause and effect, you imbecile.
d. You remain as ugly on the inside as you are on the outside.

OMG!!!!

Last night...after Bernie Sanders' fan went out with a list of Republicans to kill.....

...Bernie doubles down with this comment:

"Sanders to Supporter: Act in ‘Unprecedented’ Ways, Fight Back in Every Way That You Can"
Bernie Makes Recklessly Irresponsible Comments to Supporters During Live Event: "Fight Back..."

How many mentally unbalanced Leftist supporters....e.g., folks like you.....will be pushed over the edge by this sort of rhetoric?

Our Playmate, it seems, is afraid to ask about why JFK was so involved in policies relating to the mentally deficient and mentally ill.
He must know that it relates to a horrifying family secret that reflects on Democrat elites.

1. This is the cover story:
"The Kennedy family had a personal connection to the issue; the president's sister Rosemary, sixteen months his junior, was born with intellectual disabilities. In 1946, Ambassador and Mrs. Joseph P. Kennedy established the Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Foundation (in memory of their eldest son) to "seek the prevention of intellectual disabilities by identifying its causes, and to improve the means by which society deals with citizens who have intellectual disabilities." Eunice Kennedy Shriver began directing the foundation in 1957 and became a staunch advocate for people with intellectual disabilities and their families."
John F. Kennedy and People with Intellectual Disabilities - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

2. Here's the true story: Rosemary was NOT born deficient.

"Sister of John F. Kennedy, Rosemary was said to have been considered retarded by members of her family but that assessment has been widely disputed by subsequent analysts. Some concluded that Rosemary may not have been as brilliant as other members of her family but she was a fully functioning person, kept a diary and had an active social life.

In 1941, when Rosemary was 23, her father Joseph Kennedy was told by her doctors that a new procedure would help calm her mood swings that the family found difficult to handle at home. Her father gave permission for the prefrontal lobotomy to be performed by Walter Freeman and James Watts.

After the surgery Rosemary was reduced to an infantile mentality that left her incontinent and staring blankly at walls for hours. Her verbal skills were reduced to unintelligible babble. In 1949, Rosemary moved to an institution and was visited on regular occasions by her sister Eunice Kennedy Shriver who became the founder of the Special Olympics."
Top 10 Fascinating And Notable Lobotomies - Listverse

3. And worse:
" In addition, her parents were concerned about Rosemary’s sexual awakening.18 Rosemary being widely regarded as one of the most attractive of the Kennedy girls, Joe and Rose were extremely worried about the possibility that she would become sexually abused or pregnant.19 The latter possibility was a special source of anxiety to a father who was constantly concerned about political implications and a mother who was raising her daughters to be “good Catholics.”

Because of concerns about her growing aggression and sexuality, Joe Sr. decided, without consulting or informing his wife, to have a prefrontal lobotomy performed on Rosemary.20 Because of its importance in this case, a few words about the prefrontal lobotomy are in order. First, Rosemary’s surgery was performed very soon after the introduction of the technique in this country. Fewer than one hundred such operations had been completed at this time, and the procedure was very much experimental.21 The operation was recommended for “ ‘hopeless’ patients who had failed to respond to other methods of treatment, people who had little to lose and everything to gain.”22
Interesting article on Rosemary Kennedy and her impact on the family -- Kennedy Family Forum

"....she underwent a prefrontal lobotomy at age 23, which left her permanently incapacitated."

John Kennedy knew what his father's concerns had done to is sister.

because i never said anything nor care about JFK & what he did when he did it. but i said . i know what saint ronnie did all by himself.... when he was prez. hard to admit it though for ya 'eh? kinda like the whole 'obama phone' you can blame that freebie giveaway on ronnie too. lol....

"i know what saint ronnie did all by himself..."

1. I proved that it was Democrat John Kennedy who emptied the mental hospitals.

2. You proved that you're a liar.

ummmm.... sweety? again i will

say

this

slowly......

JFK

wasn't prez in the 1980s.

but he was still dead in the 1980s.

ronald reagan was prez in the 1980s & he was alive & very willing to close the doors & release the patients of those institutions into nursing facilities & title 19 senior housing.

whether anything STARTED with JFK matters not. but you go girl, trying to somehow make it always somebody's else's fault.

You always were a slow learner.

"BILL AYERS, COMMUNIST PROVIDED ARIZONA SHOOTER'S CURRICULUM?
Jared Lee Loughner, the suspected gunman in Saturday’s Arizona shooting, attended a high school that is part of a network in which teachers are trained and provided resources by a liberal group founded by Weatherman terrorist Bill Ayers and funded by President Obama,....

The group, Small Schools Workshop, has been led by a former top communist activist who is an associate of Ayers.

Obama provided the group with funds in the 1990s when he worked at an education reform group alongside Ayers.

Loughner attended Mountain View High School, which is part of Arizona’s Marana Unified School District."

....Klonsky became a top communist activist and leader of the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party.

He reportedly identified as a Maoist, and traveled in 1977 to Beijing,...."
Bill Ayers, communist provided Arizona shooter’s curriculum?

Those who knew Loughner claim he changed after said 'schooling'...

"Jared Lee Loughner's high school girlfriend: 'He was completely different back then than he is now'
Kelsey Hawkes, who dated Arizona shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner in high school, says she's been 'bombarded' by media inquiries. 'I did date Jared Loughner six years ago in high school,' she says, 'but he's not the same Jared Loughner that the world now knows as a mass murderer -- not the same person at all.'"

January 12, 2011|By Molly Hennessey-Fiske, Los Angeles Times

The insane killer, Jared Loughner was a product of Leftist propaganda in schools funded by Barack Hussein Obama.

Now that we're chatting.....what caused your insanity?
So is the guy who shot up the baseball game.

And he was also a FOSTER PARENT. One of his foster kids committed suicide by TORCHING HERSELF.

That's the sort of person that engages in state control of children. Leftist and beloved by leftists. The left think this guy is a fucking hero.

Before the Gunfire in Virginia, a Volatile Home Life in Illinois

you are a fucking loon.

Is the vulgarity because you're a low-life, or because you know the lady is correct and you have no way to refute it?

don't preach to me about vulgarity when the mango you voted into the whitehouse is an aficionado in vulgarity; something you tend to have overlooked time & time again....lest you look like a hypocrite.

oopsie... too late for you superchicky. .

I never use vulgarity.

You do.

Glad to have embarrassed you.

<pfffft> i never said nor care whether you do or not. but i noticed you obviously didn't have a problem with donny tic tacs using it like a sailor.... because you are a fan of his.

& you didn't even point a finger at your comrade in arms, kosherchicky in her very vulgar & descriptive post #1779. like i said.................

you are a h-y-p-o-c-r-i- t-e. :fu:

WIMP.

tell me penguin boy, how many (D)s have you voted for 'eh? tell me you aren't a partisan hack. tell me i didn't post a video of trump saying what he said. tell me how i didn't just repeat the very words trump used on that bus. tell me how it's still undetermined whether there was a compromised video of trump.

lol.... somebody is in denial, but it ain't me.

Our Playmate, it seems, is afraid to ask about why JFK was so involved in policies relating to the mentally deficient and mentally ill.
He must know that it relates to a horrifying family secret that reflects on Democrat elites.

"The Kennedy family had a personal connection to the issue; the president's sister Rosemary, sixteen months his junior, was born with intellectual disabilities. In 1946, Ambassador and Mrs. Joseph P. Kennedy established the Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Foundation (in memory of their eldest son) to "seek the prevention of intellectual disabilities by identifying its causes, and to improve the means by which society deals with citizens who have intellectual disabilities." Eunice Kennedy Shriver began directing the foundation in 1957 and became a staunch advocate for people with intellectual disabilities and their families."
John F. Kennedy and People with Intellectual Disabilities - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

"Sister of John F. Kennedy, Rosemary was said to have been considered retarded by members of her family but that assessment has been widely disputed by subsequent analysts. Some concluded that Rosemary may not have been as brilliant as other members of her family but she was a fully functioning person, kept a diary and had an active social life.

In 1941, when Rosemary was 23, her father Joseph Kennedy was told by her doctors that a new procedure would help calm her mood swings that the family found difficult to handle at home. Her father gave permission for the prefrontal lobotomy to be performed by Walter Freeman and James Watts.

After the surgery Rosemary was reduced to an infantile mentality that left her incontinent and staring blankly at walls for hours. Her verbal skills were reduced to unintelligible babble. In 1949, Rosemary moved to an institution and was visited on regular occasions by her sister Eunice Kennedy Shriver who became the founder of the Special Olympics."

3. And worse:
" In addition, her parents were concerned about Rosemary’s sexual awakening.18 Rosemary being widely regarded as one of the most attractive of the Kennedy girls, Joe and Rose were extremely worried about the possibility that she would become sexually abused or pregnant.19 The latter possibility was a special source of anxiety to a father who was constantly concerned about political implications and a mother who was raising her daughters to be “good Catholics.”

Because of concerns about her growing aggression and sexuality, Joe Sr. decided, without consulting or informing his wife, to have a prefrontal lobotomy performed on Rosemary.20 Because of its importance in this case, a few words about the prefrontal lobotomy are in order. First, Rosemary’s surgery was performed very soon after the introduction of the technique in this country. Fewer than one hundred such operations had been completed at this time, and the procedure was very much experimental.21 The operation was recommended for “ ‘hopeless’ patients who had failed to respond to other methods of treatment, people who had little to lose and everything to gain.”22
Interesting article on Rosemary Kennedy and her impact on the family -- Kennedy Family Forum

"....she underwent a prefrontal lobotomy at age 23, which left her permanently incapacitated."

because i never said anything nor care about JFK & what he did when he did it. but i said . i know what saint ronnie did all by himself.... when he was prez. hard to admit it though for ya 'eh? kinda like the whole 'obama phone' you can blame that freebie giveaway on ronnie too. lol....

say

this

slowly......

JFK

ronald reagan was prez in the 1980s & he was alive & very willing to close the doors & release the patients of those institutions into nursing facilities & title 19 senior housing.

whether anything STARTED with JFK matters not. but you go girl, trying to somehow make it always somebody's else's fault.

" sweety?"

Don't nauseate me.

Facts:

1." On Feb. 5, 1963, ... President John F. Kennedy addressed Congress on "Mental Illness and Mental Retardation." He proposed a new program under which the federal government would fund community mental-health centers, or CMHCs, to take the place of state mental hospitals. As Kennedy envisioned it, "reliance on the cold mercy of custodial isolations will be supplanted by the open warmth of community concern and capability."

2. Kennedy's proposal was historic because the public care of mentally ill individuals had been exclusively a state responsibility for more than a century. The federal initiative encouraged the closing of state hospitals and aborted the development of state-funded outpatient clinics in process at that time.

3. .... the feds funded 789 CMHCs with a total of $2.7 billion ($20.3 billion in today's dollars). During those same years, the number of patients in state mental hospitals fell by three quarters—to 132,164 from 504,604—and those beds were closed down.

a. .... CMHCs were not interested in taking care of the patients being discharged from the state hospitals. Instead, they focused on individuals with less severe problems sometimes called "the worried well."

Take notes this time, you dunce.

Speaking from a very selfless point a view, I just want to have something done about them. I ride the bus everyday and there are always these nuts, many of them homeless that smell like they haven't bathed in 10 years screaming at passengers about being saved or god knows what. Bus drivers and the police do nothing. Maybe there's nothing they can do with them.

Over here we have highway ramp beggars. They stand at the end of exit ramps and beg for money. For the most part, they are not aggressive, but some of them are.

When the police have nothing to do, they round them up and put them in jail for the day, but they are out the very next day doing the same thing.
Yep, that is all too common. Where I live if police pick them up several times, they will drop them off at the psych ward in the local hospital. If they have room, they take them for an evaluation for a couple days, give them a prescription which they will not be able to fill and a referral to a doctor which they will never see. If there is no room in the psych ward, they just let them go.

The problem is 1/3 of the homeless have serious mental disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or major depression. A psychiatrist in a local hospital who sees these people everyday said, "At least a 25% of those we see are either dangerous to themselves or others". A friend on the police force told me that, most people they arrest for violent acts are badly fucked up in the head. So how are we going to give them special treatment?

When you have a Constitution, that makes it difficult.

As a child of the 70's, I remember a common term of "being committed." A police officer, a family member, or perhaps just a concerned citizen would haul people into court who could not take care of themselves, and a judge would have them committed.

You don't hear that term often today, and I wonder why? But I also remember Geraldo had a show of his own back then. He went to these places where people were committed. He called them crime-less prisons and a violation of their constitutional rights. I forget now if it was the show or a court order, but after that, they opened up the doors and allowed those people to leave if they chose to. They are still roaming our streets today.

Back then, they found institutions to be dirty, disgusting, and even violent in many places. Patients were often mistreated, so eventually they closed them down. Was it for the better? You tell me.
Mental institutions cost a hell of a lot money to run and psychiatrists were saying they could treated most patients more effectively in the local community with prescription drugs and counseling. Government jumped on the idea of closing the institutions but there was no plan to insure treatment in the community.

The basic problem was patients were released and there was no one to see that they take took their medications and got needed treatment. The result is our streets are full of people that have serious mental problem and are not getting treated. Many of them hurt themselves and other creating more problems.

Not much you can do to stop it however. I had an uncle that worked at a hotel downtown. He said two of his coworkers were homeless. Every week they got their paycheck, and ran down the hill to the railroad tracks. He had no idea what they did with their paychecks. He didn't know if they hid them somewhere, threw them away, but they lived outside by the tracks somewhere.

They didn't make much less than him and he stated their earnings were easily enough for them to afford an apartment or something. They were homeless by choice because that's the way they wanted to live apparently.

Nobody is excluded from having constitutional rights. Working people have them, foreigners have them, illegals have them, criminals have them, and yes, mentally screwed up people have them. One of our customers is a place that's half private and half county owned. They have several shops set up across town and they get the mentally retarded work to do. Mostly it's assembly jobs like putting products into plastic bags and such.

There was one mentally retarded girl at one of the shops that was absolutely beautiful. If you didn't talk to her, you'd never know she was mentally retarded. Anyway, one of the caretakers was telling me about her and how she had three children. I asked why the state didn't make sure she had no ability to get pregnant? The worker told me they can't. It's illegal. They can tell their clients to use birth control and even provide it, but you can't force them to take birth control pills or have procedures done to them to insure they can't get pregnant. All they can do is stop sexual activity "if" they see it taking place.
Mental illness and retardation are completely different. While mental illness in adults can be effectively treated, retardation can not. However, most people that are retarded (80%) can become productive members of society and can live independently with proper education. They can be educated to a 6th or 7th grade level and usually make good workers provided the job matches their skill level.

There are two issues to consider when retarded people want to to have children. The most important is their ability to care for them. If they are mildly retarded, there is no reason they should not be able to care for their children as long as they have the necessary financial support either from employment or from the community.

There is also the possibly of retarded parents giving birth to a retarded child. If the retardation is not caused by genetics and the parents can care for the child there is no reason why they should not have children.

One of the most common types of retardation is Downs Syndrome. About half of the women that have Down Syndrome ovulate and are fertile. Of these about third will pass Chromosome 21 which causes Down Syndrome in an offspring. Men with Downs Syndrome fathering a child is rare. In fact there has only been 3 cases ever recorded.

For various reason the problem of retarded children being born to retarded parents has been overblown. Each year in the US there are about 700 babies born with Down Syndrome, the most common mental birth defect. Of those births less than 1 in 8 are born to a retarded parent. That's 87 a year out of 4 million live births. That certainly does not support the need for mass sterilization particularly when you consider that many of these children will lead productive lives.

I have a nephew who has Downs Syndrome. He's 32 years old now, single and is house painter. He's self sufficient has a girl friend he lives with and leads a pretty normal life.

Last edited:

3. And worse:

say

this

slowly......

JFK

" sweety?"

Don't nauseate me.

Facts:

1." On Feb. 5, 1963, ... President John F. Kennedy addressed Congress on "Mental Illness and Mental Retardation." He proposed a new program under which the federal government would fund community mental-health centers, or CMHCs, to take the place of state mental hospitals. As Kennedy envisioned it, "reliance on the cold mercy of custodial isolations will be supplanted by the open warmth of community concern and capability."

2. Kennedy's proposal was historic because the public care of mentally ill individuals had been exclusively a state responsibility for more than a century. The federal initiative encouraged the closing of state hospitals and aborted the development of state-funded outpatient clinics in process at that time.

3. .... the feds funded 789 CMHCs with a total of $2.7 billion ($20.3 billion in today's dollars). During those same years, the number of patients in state mental hospitals fell by three quarters—to 132,164 from 504,604—and those beds were closed down.

a. .... CMHCs were not interested in taking care of the patients being discharged from the state hospitals. Instead, they focused on individuals with less severe problems sometimes called "the worried well."

:blahblah:

prat·tle
ˈpradl/
verb
verb: prattle; 3rd person present: prattles; past tense: prattled; past participle: prattled; gerund or present participle: prattling
  1. 1.
    talk at length in a foolish or inconsequential way.
    "she began to prattle on about her visit to the dentist" or JFK
noun
noun: prattle
  1. 1.
    foolish or inconsequential talk.
    "do you intend to keep up this childish prattle?"

3. And worse:

say

this

slowly......

JFK

" sweety?"

Don't nauseate me.

Facts:

:blahblah:

prat·tle
ˈpradl/
verb
verb: prattle; 3rd person present: prattles; past tense: prattled; past participle: prattled; gerund or present participle: prattling
  1. 1.
    talk at length in a foolish or inconsequential way.
    "she began to prattle on about her visit to the dentist" or JFK
noun
noun: prattle
  1. 1.
    foolish or inconsequential talk.
    "do you intend to keep up this childish prattle?"

I admit to enjoying smashing a custard pie in your ugly kisser.

Here is the actual speech:
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=9546

Did you enjoy being shown to be a lying sack of offal?

uh........an emergency limited LANDLINE phone was quite different than an Obama cellphone "plan".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back