Homosexuality is in the bible.

Well, it is very apparent how those who do not have faith in God seem to express themselves with no apparent concern towards their fellow man.

Why should I respect a belief that is grounded in nothing but blind faith?

Because you expect us to respect YOUR belief, grounded in the blind faith that there's nothing in the universe beyond what you can see and understand.

And besides, there's this little thing called "common courtesy". Perhaps you've heard of it?

I do? Since when? And nice straw man? You know about those right?

Hardly. He's easily the most rational and reasoned voice in matters of love and relationships, be they gay or straight.

Then why was the idiot insulting Christians and bashing the Bible at a "Journalism" lecture? He's a fucking idiot and so are you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao0k9qDsOvs]Dan Savage discusses bible at High School Journalism convention - YouTube[/ame]

Because you never heard of Dan prior today when I mentioned him and you think he must be some Homonazi loon, which he is not.

I'm straight, and think even my ilk should be in awe of the sage advice Dan Savage offers in "Savage Love" a column I think a national treasure.

Lighten up. Being cool, and objective, while abandoning hate, can be kinda nice, for you, me, anyone. Imagine if Osama BL chilled and thought Christain Yanks were cool, even if different in their opinons?

Everyone wins, when studity diminishes.

Wrong. I've obviously heard of Dan Savage because I knew about this which happened quite a while ago.

Tell us why Dan Savage insulted Christianity and the Bible at a "journalism" conference.

Man condems himself by both his words and deeds. God gave Adam a choice. God provided a Savior for you but only if you accept God's gift ---- that is your choice.

You actually believe that's rational don't you?

As opposed to believing that humanity is the pinnacle of life in the universe? Or that if YOU can't understand something, it must perforce not exist? THAT'S your idea of "rational", is it?

lol more straw men

Show me some evidence on some kind of "higher being" before trying to attack me. You won't look like such an idiot.

About the second sentence, who the hell says that? Oh right, theists and science deniers.

I don't hate anyone. I'm kind to everyone and all lower life forms and support my Humane Society. Whatever gave you the idea that I hate anyone?

Why do you hate God?

Hard to hate what does not exist. Noodle on that; you might have an epiphany. (but I doubt it.)

You said my God is an "asshole". How can my God be an asshole if he doesn't exist? Is all your hate for God making your confused?

We form opinions about fictional characters all the time. I think Zeus is a bit of a slag.. Does that mean I slaughter livestock in his name on the nearest mountain top?

Hard to hate what does not exist. Noodle on that; you might have an epiphany. (but I doubt it.)

You said my God is an "asshole". How can my God be an asshole if he doesn't exist? Is all your hate for God making your confused?

We form opinions about fictional characters all the time. I think Zeus is a bit of a slag.. Does that mean I slaughter livestock in his name on the nearest mountain top?

You're using logic and common sense to try to talk to someone who gave those up. It's like giving medicine to dead people.

You're using logic and common sense to try to talk to someone who gave those up. It's like giving medicine to dead people.

It's worth a shot occasionally someone will change their mind, if not I clearly demonstrate to holes in this line of reasoning to anyone reading along.

If I'm wrong, I've lost nothing. If you're wrong, you've lost everything.

It's worth a shot occasionally someone will change their mind, if not I clearly demonstrate to holes in this line of reasoning to anyone reading along.

Does it bother you in some way that people believe in Jesus Christ? Are you a bigot?

Thanks for proving my point.

Does it bother you in some way that people believe in Jesus Christ? Are you a bigot?

Believe whatever the hell you want. I only have a problem when people use their beliefst o justify hatred and denying other people equal rights.

*facepalm* Pascal's Wager again? I suppose it would work if the dichotomy was valid. However it is not, with all the various faiths and the different teachings on salvation within faiths it is more like playing russian roulette with a fully loaded six shooter.

Where is this coming from?

Athiests have such small closed minds. That must be why they're so unhappy.

No, I'm quite happy. Have to deal with some mental issues(damn anxiety), but other than that, I'm content.

Respectfully, many mental issues of anxiety are from some perceived guilt you may have and many feelings of guilt come from religious beliefs.

But I admire you for offering that. Hope that all will be okay with you. We need to do more for folks with mental problems.

Believe whatever the hell you want. I only have a problem when people use their beliefst o justify hatred and denying other people equal rights.

There is no hatred or denying of rights around here. If your beliefs are being challenged and that makes you uncomfortable, that doesn't mean anyone hates you.

There is no hatred or denying of rights around here. If your beliefs are being challenged and that makes you uncomfortable, that doesn't mean anyone hates you.

People like you are the ones trying to keep gays from obtaining equal rights.

And who's challenging my views? You with Pascal's Wager? The lamest argument to believe I've ever heard. Maybe you should think a little before posting bullshit. Of course, if you think Pascal's Wager is logical, you obviously can't think very well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back