Homosexuality is in the bible.

I find it very telling that the most obscene vulgarities are being presented by those who promote homosexuality. Evil promotes evil. Righteousness promotes righteousness.

Homosexuality is defiance against your creator. Roman first chapter.

The verse you're referring to is simply making mention that man was giving into lust. It also goes to make mention of being disobedient to parents. Given that my dad used to beat the shit out of me every day because he could, I guess I'm going to hell for rebelling against him.

Also, there's a train of thought that "If Jesus didn't say it, then God didn't say it." Paul is speaking in Romans I:3 - 1:32, not Jesus or God.

I find it very telling that the most obscene vulgarities are being presented by those who promote homosexuality. Evil promotes evil. Righteousness promotes righteousness.

They get upset because they feel like you are attacking what they feel is a fundamental human right - to pick and choose who you want to love.

Do you not get angry and sometimes even obscene if someone attacks your religion? Maybe not at first, but if they go at it for days and days, do you not get exasperated, angry?

Funny, I read all of the Book of Romans, don't you?

"There is therefore, now, therefore, no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus, who walk NOT according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit"

"There is therefore, now, therefore, no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus, who walk NOT according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit"

And nowhere does Jesus himself say anything regarding homosexuals.
I don't care what the Apostles said, or anything the Old Testament said. Christians are supposed to follow Christ's teachings, correct?

And nowhere does Jesus himself say anything regarding homosexuals.
I don't care what the Apostles said, or anything the Old Testament said. Christians are supposed to follow Christ's teachings, correct?

Went to funeral yesterday of a good friend. His cousin is a lesbian and we went to her commitment ceremony years ago in Piedmont Park in Atlanta.
It was weird and I was uncomfortable with it. No way did I support it and I did not even tolerate it but I went out of respect for the family to that event.
I left a changed man. Seeing the love and JOY on their faces and the faces of all of their friends both gay and straight.
NO WAY God condemns what he makes. Anyone that believes that is in denial.

A witness to the persecution of blacks in the late 50s and 60s turned my head to the plight of the gays and lesbians. NO WAY their fight is even close to what blacks went through.
But they deserve full equality under the law in every way.
And to those that believe otherwise, ok:
True defenders of freedom seek to protect the rights of THOSE THEY MAY DESPISE THE MOST.

True defenders of freedom seek to protect the rights of THOSE THEY MAY DESPISE THE MOST.

I agree.
I don't despise Christians or Muslims or Jews. But if the government ever moves to stop them from worshiping however they want, you can bet I'll be out there with the rest of you defending your rights. No one should be denied their rights.

The verse you're referring to is simply making mention that man was giving into lust. It also goes to make mention of being disobedient to parents. Given that my dad used to beat the shit out of me every day because he could, I guess I'm going to hell for rebelling against him.

Also, there's a train of thought that "If Jesus didn't say it, then God didn't say it." Paul is speaking in Romans I:3 - 1:32, not Jesus or God.

The fact your father is guilty of child abuse has no bearing on this Scripture.

That may be a "train of thought", but it's not biblical. Paul said he received his inspiration directly from Jesus. James said Paul's writings were Scripture.

Homosexuality is also condemned in the New Testament. Jesus also said marriage was a man and a woman.

Then why are a huge number of priests gay? I'll tell you why: getting "the calling" was when they realized that they were a homosexual, and off they went to the seminary or convent or wherever, to hide out with other gays because homosexuality was a capital crime at times and in some places (still).

Anyways, it's usually the ones who complain the most about gays that are in the closet and afraid to come out.

Correct. And everything written up to that part is describing sinful man and his eternal condition......and then the way out. There is condemnation to those who are sinners. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. You need to be in Christ. You need to repent and live in Christ who took your condemnation.

That's what that means.

That may be a "train of thought", but it's not biblical. Paul said he received his inspiration directly from Jesus. James said Paul's writings were Scripture.

Sure it does. It makes mention of being disobedient to your parents, and yet it does not specify anything beyond that. It's why people were allowed to abuse their children for so long, because their children were terrified of being disobedient to them.

And while James did say that Paul's writing was Scripture... Jesus didn't.

Homosexuality is also condemned in the New Testament. Jesus also said marriage was a man and a woman.

Then why are a huge number of priests gay? I'll tell you why: getting "the calling" was when they realized that they were a homosexual, and off they went to the seminary or convent or wherever, to hide out with other gays because homosexuality was a capital crime at times and in some places (still).

That's true. There are many sexual perverts among religious sects of all kinds including Christianity. Sinners are everywhere, even in church.

Sure it does. It makes mention of being disobedient to your parents, and yet it does not specify anything beyond that. It's why people were allowed to abuse their children for so long, because their children were terrified of being disobedient to them.

You are going to have a hard time establing that part about child abuse. People have twisted scripture for thousands of years to justify their behavior. That has no reflection on the Scripture, but only the sinner.

Do you believe the Book of Acts?

Last edited:

That's true. There are many sexual perverts among religious sects of all kinds including Christianity. Sinners are everywhere, even in church.

And the pope is a nazi. Did you know he was a proud member of the Hitler Youth organization?

You are going to have a hard time establing that part about child abuse. People have twisted scripture for thousands of years to justify their behavior. That has no reflection on the Scripture, but only the sinner.

And people have twisted scripture to condemn and persecute people.

And the pope is a nazi. Did you know he was a proud member of the Hitler Youth organization?

As a 10 year old either you join the Hitler youth or you are shipped to the concentration camps.
I know what I would have chosen as a 10 year old.

Fair enough, but you see the point. People twist the Scripture all the time, including the faithful.

Also you may need to refresh my memory about Acts. From what I recall there's a debate about a new Apostle, then Peter forming what would become the Catholic Church.

Forum List

Back