House Democrats push for remote voting due to coronavirus

Hey, I voted by mail every time I was deployed during elections. The voting officer would come around, find out what our hometowns were and then order absentee ballots for each of us. Never had a problem with it in the 20 years I served in the Navy. Matter of fact, I appreciated the ease of using an absentee ballot, and was happy I was able to vote.
And the voting officer swapped out your ballot.

Wrong. I mailed it in myself after I filled it out. You never spent time in the military, have you?
You were not in every single unit in the military....
Neither were you. Military and overseas voters send in their ballots themselves in California. When I served, the Voting Officer only helped you get registered. They didn't do anything with your ballot.

What say you? Is this another end-justifies-the-means to unfairness on the part of Pelosi et al?

I'm saying that it's so easy to mask the votes of the people when no one is looking. And I am horrified.

yea, we're going to be able to design a remote system on the fly that will work, not be hacked, and be fair to everyone involved for THIS YEARS election.

no. put a mask on and go vote. mail it in if you need to. we have time to prepare for this if they'd stop bitching.
Do you have any idea how many states do not allow no excuse Vote by Mail?

What say you? Is this another end-justifies-the-means to unfairness on the part of Pelosi et al?

I'm saying that it's so easy to mask the votes of the people when no one is looking. And I am horrified.

yea, we're going to be able to design a remote system on the fly that will work, not be hacked, and be fair to everyone involved for THIS YEARS election.

no. put a mask on and go vote. mail it in if you need to. we have time to prepare for this if they'd stop bitching.
i'm sorry - but they have a remote voting process ready to pull out of their ass?

which is easier to do - alter that law for 1 election period to allow it and use existing processes, or organize and create a brand new voting process and test it to be as hack proof as possible and then educate people on how to vote when right now people still can't get their unemployment after 3 weeks.

you really should think about this first.

I'm against all of it because it cheats American people out of their vote counting what it's worth--one per man or woman.

I'm against all of it because it cheats American people out of their vote counting what it's worth--one per man or woman.
vote by mail can also be ripe with fraud - that would be a valid argument against it.

i think we have plenty of time to figure out how to do voting as we always do. mask up, gloves on and go vote. if you're too scared to do that, stay home. i don't care.

Democrats can’t be entrusted with something like this given their track record. In 2000, Democrats made certain that the votes of remote troops did not count. Further, they believe dead people should never be purged from registered voter lists and it is always the Democrats getting busted for voting register fraud.
Wrong on every count.

Prove it empirically and not based on what lies between your ears.

The military who have been voting by mail for decades have been cheating?

i'm sorry - but they have a remote voting process ready to pull out of their ass?

which is easier to do - alter that law for 1 election period to allow it and use existing processes, or organize and create a brand new voting process and test it to be as hack proof as possible and then educate people on how to vote when right now people still can't get their unemployment after 3 weeks.

What "brand new voting system"? Voting by mail isn't new. In fact a few states have been doing it exclusively for years.

And, by the way, there are already remote systems in place. For our military and overseas voters, they can retrieve, print, fill out and mail or fax their ballots back. My county has been doing it for over 15 years.

That still brings me back to the fact that close to half the states don't allow everyone and anyone to Vote by Mail. That needs to change. Federal law should require that all states allow no excuse Vote by Mail.

What "brand new voting system"? Voting by mail isn't new. In fact a few states have been doing it exclusively for years.

And, by the way, there are already remote systems in place. For our military and overseas voters, they can retrieve, print, fill out and mail or fax their ballots back. My county has been doing it for over 15 years.

That still brings me back to the fact that close to half the states don't allow everyone and anyone to Vote by Mail. That needs to change. Federal law should require that all states allow no excuse Vote by Mail.
great - so we won't vote by mail. all i am saying is nothing new needs to be done. we don't need to invent a remote voting system to deal with "corona". we need to stop being scared of every single thing we're told to be scared of.

Just incredulous that NOW they are thinking about this?? Why the HECK wasn't this designed and fixed 20 years ago?? Too busy bellowing about energy drinks or consumed with tribal wars? I don't get it.. How can such an obvious FIXABLE wound not be treated or acknowledged before?

I was saying this at the LAST VOTE with all the drama of keeping members off the floor of the House and doing "voice votes"...

What the fuck are you talking about? Voting by Mail does no such thing. You're describing the electoral college.

great - so we won't vote by mail. all i am saying is nothing new needs to be done. we don't need to invent a remote voting system to deal with "corona". we need to stop being scared of every single thing we're told to be scared of.
No we don't. One already exists.

Hey, I voted by mail every time I was deployed during elections. The voting officer would come around, find out what our hometowns were and then order absentee ballots for each of us. Never had a problem with it in the 20 years I served in the Navy. Matter of fact, I appreciated the ease of using an absentee ballot, and was happy I was able to vote.
And the voting officer swapped out your ballot.

Wrong. I mailed it in myself after I filled it out. You never spent time in the military, have you?
You were not in every single unit in the military....
Neither were you. Military and overseas voters send in their ballots themselves in California. When I served, the Voting Officer only helped you get registered. They didn't do anything with your ballot.

Then why did Gore try and stop their Ballots in 2000?

Democrats can’t be entrusted with something like this given their track record. In 2000, Democrats made certain that the votes of remote troops did not count. Further, they believe dead people should never be purged from registered voter lists and it is always the Democrats getting busted for voting register fraud.
Wrong on every count.

Wrong on every count.

And? Your statement was that it was “always” Democrats. I proved you wrong.

Forum List

Back