🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How bad is the coronavirus.

Gabe Lackmann

I wonder if I would be banned if I called you an evil, fear mongering scumbag. People die. Between Dec. 14, 2020 and May 3, 2021, 245 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine have been given out in the U.S. Of those, 4,178 people died. But just because they died after being given a coronavirus vaccine doesn't by any means imply that they died from the vaccine.
Have you take it slave?

Quasar44

I think that one of the things that makes the coronavirus so contagious (and deadly) is that people have no natural immunity to it. Like they do with the flu. And the flu one one of the diseases brought by Europeans to the Americas that helped wipe out most of the native population.

If we didn't have media, we wouldn't even have known we were in a pandemic ~S~
I don’t believe you

I don't know a single person I have contact with who ever had covid-19, and while I do know 2 people by email who have had it, no one died or even had any serious complaint.

I have contract with at least 400 people, and email with several thousand.

The important thing to remember, is that normally epidemics only last about a month or 2 before they run out of easy local hosts. The only thing that prevents covid-19 from going away in a similar fashion, is that by "flattening the curve" we conserve easy local hosts, and prevent it from ending.

planet9
It’s not the bubonic plague but it’s more dangerous than your basic flu
It just depends on your age , Health etc

The stats say it is NOT more dangerous than your basic flu.
The flue can kill from 30k to 60k a month, while covid-19 only kills 20k to 30k a month.
The fact covid-19 has been around for more than a month is our own fault, by deliberately "flattening the curve" and preventing it from ending.
We could keep flu around too if we "flatten the curve" for it also.

sparky

You would know if you ever had to go to the hospital and found that there was no room for you there. That would happen to others as well. With that going on, all that would be needed to spread the word is word of mouth. Sooner or later, the media would catch on and report it.

The hospitals I am familiar with are like ghost towns compared to normal, because no one is doing anything elective.
The covid ward is full, but that is only because they have a limited number of ventilators.

Oddball

Conspiracy theory bullshit. Doctors know what caused somebody's death. It is theoretically possible for a doctor to say that somebody died from the coronavirus when they didn't as a way of getting more federal money. But the vast majority of doctors at least are too ethical for that. And the price they would pay if they were found to be reporting deaths wrongly would be too high of a price to make lying worth it.

No, with covid-19 it is almost impossible to tell what caused death.
That is because the virus does no harm at all.
The only problem is that the immune system over reacts to the virus, and starts to attack the lungs where any covid is found. Most of the deaths then are asphyxiation from the lungs filling with fluid.
But that is identical to how a lot of people die from an allergic reaction.

Gabe Lackmann

I wonder if I would be banned if I called you an evil, fear mongering scumbag. People die. Between Dec. 14, 2020 and May 3, 2021, 245 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine have been given out in the U.S. Of those, 4,178 people died. But just because they died after being given a coronavirus vaccine doesn't by any means imply that they died from the vaccine.

Yes, but the whole problem with covid-19 that kills people is the immune system over reaction.
So it is very dangerous game to hype up the immune system with a vaccine.
You could exhibit allergic reactions decades later.

Quasar44

I think that one of the things that makes the coronavirus so contagious (and deadly) is that people have no natural immunity to it. Like they do with the flu. And the flu one one of the diseases brought by Europeans to the Americas that helped wipe out most of the native population.

Totally wrong.
First of all, those under 18 or so seem to all be inherently immune.
Then there are the asymptomatic, which seems to be about half the population, and the have to be inherently immune as well.
People DO have lots of historic exposure to coronaviruses, so this one is not totally new, just a different strain that is heat resistant from living in bats. (Bats get hot when they fly.)

{...
The history of coronaviruses is a reflection of the discovery of the diseases caused by coronaviruses and identification of the viruses. It starts with the first report of a new type of upper-respiratory tract disease among chickens in North Dakota, U.S., in 1931. The causative agent was identified as a virus in 1933. By 1936, the disease and the virus were recognised as unique from other viral disease. They became known as infectious bronchitis virus (IBV), but later officially renamed as Avian coronavirus.

A new brain disease of mice (murine encephalomyelitis) was discovered in 1947 at Harvard Medical School in Boston. The virus causing the disease was called JHM (after Harvard pathologist John Howard Mueller). Three years later a new mouse hepatitis was reported from the National Institute for Medical Research in London. The causative virus was identified as mouse hepatitis virus (MHV).[1][2]

In 1961, a virus was obtained from a school boy in Epsom, England, who was suffering from common cold. The sample designated B814 was confirmed as novel virus in 1965. New common cold viruses (assigned 229E) collected from medical students at the University of Chicago were also reported in 1966. Structural analyses of IBV, MHV, B18 and 229E using transmission electron microscopy revealed that they all belong to the same group of viruses. Making a crucial comparison in 1967, June Almeida and David Tyrrell invented the collective name coronavirus, as all those viruses were characterised by solar corona-like projections (called spikes) on their surfaces.[3]

Other coronaviruses have been discovered from pigs, dogs, cats, rodents, cows, horses, camels, Beluga whales, birds and bats. As of 2020, 39 species are described. Bats are found to be the richest source of different species of coronaviruses. All coronaviruses originated from a common ancestor about 293 million years ago. Zoonotic species such as Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (MERS-CoV) and Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the aetiological agent of the COVID-19 pandemic.
...}

The flue can kill from 30k to 60k a month, while covid-19 only kills 20k to 30k a month.
First covid killed 73,923 in the month of december 2020, averaging over 40,000 per month.

And the flu deaths were based on 50 million cases, and 500,000 hospitalizations. While during the coronavirus outbreak plunged to less than 1/10th the usual numbers. Putting coronavirus monthly deaths at 40,000, and flu at less than 2,000

As they say do the math

The important thing to remember, is that normally epidemics only last about a month or 2 before they run out of easy local hosts. The only thing that prevents covid-19 from going away in a similar fashion, is that by "flattening the curve" we conserve easy local hosts, and prevent it from ending.

You're an idiot. just look at Missouri, that's hitting a peak in hospitalizations because of their low vaccination rate.

Let's take that herd immunity. It would take 200 million cases to reach herd immunity, and at the fatality rate (33 million cases with 600,000 deaths) comes to a little under 4 million dead americans to carry that out.

First covid killed 73,923 in the month of december 2020, averaging over 40,000 per month.

And the flu deaths were based on 50 million cases, and 500,000 hospitalizations. While during the coronavirus outbreak plunged to less than 1/10th the usual numbers. Putting coronavirus monthly deaths at 40,000, and flu at less than 2,000

As they say do the math

There were only a few high months of covid-19 deaths over the year and a half.
Most are averaging UNDER 40,000 per month, and the high is due entirely to "flattening the curve" which allowed the virus to spread in the most maximum was possible.
If allowed to spike, it would burned out and ended much sooner, greatly reducing the death total.

The fact the flu essentially disappeared during the covid epidemic is totally and completely irrelevant.
People not getting the flu due to social distancing, only means they will be less immune to it when it comes back, and that will result in higher flu deaths than ever.

The fact the flu essentially disappeared during the covid epidemic is totally and completely irrelevant.
People not getting the flu due to social distancing, only means they will be less immune to it when it comes back, and that will result in higher flu deaths than ever.

Don't you think it likely that a very large part of the reason why common flu has been less prominent the past year is that cases of what were really the common flu were misidentified as COVID-19?

You're an idiot. just look at Missouri, that's hitting a peak in hospitalizations because of their low vaccination rate.

You are ignorant of medicine, epidemiology, immunology, etc.
What ends all epidemics is always herd immunity from recovery.
When you flatten the curve, you slow down infections rates, but not enough to stop the spread, which means you get many more deaths in the long run.
A rapid spike results in fewer deaths in total, because it is over sooner.

Missouri and anything now it pointless. It is last March when it should have been ended by encouraging herd immunity.

Let's take that herd immunity. It would take 200 million cases to reach herd immunity, and at the fatality rate (33 million cases with 600,000 deaths) comes to a little under 4 million dead americans to carry that out.

Wrong.
First of all, those under 18 are essentially inherently immune already.
Then so are the asymptomatic, which seems to show that about 50% of the population that are effectively immune already.
Then the 2% mortality rate is wrong because they were unaware of how many were actually infected by uncounted due to being asymptomatic or afraid to get themselves reported.
Then there is the fact the death rate can be reduced by a factor of 400 by deliberately infecting volunteers under 38, in order to protect those over 70.
Then there is the fact that early on, like last March, the circles of contact were yet so small that you did not need the whole country to achieve herd immunity, only the immediate contacts within those tiny circles of contact.
Now that we have "flattened the curve" for a year and have, those circles of contact have expanded to much that not you DO have to include the entire population into the number needed for herd immunity.
The common estimates are that only about 60,000 would have died ending covid-19 last March, by deliberately infecting young volunteers.

Rigby5

You are either highly uninformed or hallucinating. I will give you an old statistic from around when the coronavirus started to spread. They said that in 8 months, the flu killed 24,000 people. But in only 2 months the coronavirus killed 43,000 people. Also, I don't think you know what "flattening the curve" means. What it means is that the numbers are no longer rising. And if they had their preference, they would have the curve shooting down to zero. And that would probably happen if there weren't so many idiots out there who refuse to get the vaccine.

Rigby5

I think you should quit while you're behind. Only a fool would think that suppressing the immune system would make the virus harmless. Virus's are bad. OK?

Rigby5

In people I have heard of all sorts of virus's. Never had I heard of anybody suffering from the coronavirus. And if it did exist in people, it mustn't have been for very long.

Forum List

Back