🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How bad is the coronavirus.

Quasar44

I looked it up. Apparently influenza was one of the diseases brought from Europe. I never found anything saying that it existed in the Western Hemisphere before Europeans arrived.

Rigby5

You are either highly uninformed or hallucinating. I will give you an old statistic from around when the coronavirus started to spread. They said that in 8 months, the flu killed 24,000 people. But in only 2 months the coronavirus killed 43,000 people. Also, I don't think you know what "flattening the curve" means. What it means is that the numbers are no longer rising. And if they had their preference, they would have the curve shooting down to zero. And that would probably happen if there weren't so many idiots out there who refuse to get the vaccine.

Wrong.
The flu annually averages from 20,000 to 60,000 deaths, but flu normally does not last for more than a month or 2 at most.

If you average out covid-19, it kills fewer than 30,000 a month, and should not have lasted more than 2 months either.
What keeps is around is "flattening the curve".

And it is you who do not understand what "flattening the curve" means.
The number of cases is always rising.
The R0 value never dropped below 1.
All flattening the curve means is that the rate of increase is not accelerating.
Flattening the curve can NEVER reduce the number of cases, but just slow the increase, so can NEVER possibly end any epidemic.

The vaccine is irrelevant.
We should not have even considered waiting a year for the vaccine, because in that years, the spread of the epidemic was so wide and deep, that you no longer only need 70% immunity for herd immunity to end it, but you pretty much by then need 100%.
The covid-19 virus is not endemic to humans, so is never coming back, so then the vaccine is a liability, not an asset.

Rigby5

I think you should quit while you're behind. Only a fool would think that suppressing the immune system would make the virus harmless. Virus's are bad. OK?

Wrong.
You clearly know nothing about covid-19.
The virus is totally and completely harmless.
Lots of viruses are.
The only harm comes from when the immune system over reacts and starts attacking any part of the body where the virus can be detected.
It is called the "cytokine storm".
What cytokine storm over covid-19 infection does, is that the immune system starts to macerate the lungs and destroy healthy tissue.
It is the immune system filling the lungs with fluid and causing asphyxiation, not the virus.

And you clearly are not following any of the research.
For example, many conditions like allergies, diabetes, Lupus, etc, are caused by an over active immune system, and those people being treated by immuno suppressants are the ones showing vastly better recovery rates than those not taking immuno suppressants.

{...
Immunosuppressive drugs could be harmful in the initial phase of COVID-19. In this phase, the host immune response is necessary to inhibit viral replication. However, immunosuppressive drugs might have a beneficial effect in the later, more severe phase of COVID-19. In this phase, an overshoot of the host immune response (the "cytokine storm") can cause ARDS, multiorgan failure and mortality.
...}

Rigby5

In people I have heard of all sorts of virus's. Never had I heard of anybody suffering from the coronavirus. And if it did exist in people, it mustn't have been for very long.

Wrong.
Coronavirus is not a single virus but a family of viruses that have been around for millions of years, and all share the same corona shape that contains protein spikes that mimic the exosome spike, which is how they get access into human cells.

{...
The history of coronaviruses is a reflection of the discovery of the diseases caused by coronaviruses and identification of the viruses. It starts with the first report of a new type of upper-respiratory tract disease among chickens in North Dakota, U.S., in 1931. The causative agent was identified as a virus in 1933. By 1936, the disease and the virus were recognised as unique from other viral disease. They became known as infectious bronchitis virus (IBV), but later officially renamed as Avian coronavirus.

A new brain disease of mice (murine encephalomyelitis) was discovered in 1947 at Harvard Medical School in Boston. The virus causing the disease was called JHM (after Harvard pathologist John Howard Mueller). Three years later a new mouse hepatitis was reported from the National Institute for Medical Research in London. The causative virus was identified as mouse hepatitis virus (MHV).[1][2]

In 1961, a virus was obtained from a school boy in Epsom, England, who was suffering from common cold. The sample designated B814 was confirmed as novel virus in 1965. New common cold viruses (assigned 229E) collected from medical students at the University of Chicago were also reported in 1966. Structural analyses of IBV, MHV, B18 and 229E using transmission electron microscopy revealed that they all belong to the same group of viruses. Making a crucial comparison in 1967, June Almeida and David Tyrrell invented the collective name coronavirus, as all those viruses were characterised by solar corona-like projections (called spikes) on their surfaces.[3]

Other coronaviruses have been discovered from pigs, dogs, cats, rodents, cows, horses, camels, Beluga whales, birds and bats. As of 2020, 39 species are described. Bats are found to be the richest source of different species of coronaviruses. All coronaviruses originated from a common ancestor about 293 million years ago. Zoonotic species such as Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (MERS-CoV) and Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the aetiological agent of the COVID-19 pandemic.
...}

Quasar44

I looked it up. Apparently influenza was one of the diseases brought from Europe. I never found anything saying that it existed in the Western Hemisphere before Europeans arrived.

The western hemisphere natives crossed the Bearing Straits, and so few made it, that the flu and many other illnesses endemic to humans, were left behind.
That does not mean flu is a new virus. It is ancient. So are all other coronaviruses, like the common cold. The only thing "novel" about covid-19 is that by living off bats, it has become heat resistant, so a fever can't kill it.

Kamalho HArris who spread fear of the vaccine now says that misinformation is the cause of vaxx hesitancy.

Gabe Lackmann

I wonder if I would be banned if I called you an evil, fear mongering scumbag. People die. Between Dec. 14, 2020 and May 3, 2021, 245 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine have been given out in the U.S. Of those, 4,178 people died. But just because they died after being given a coronavirus vaccine doesn't by any means imply that they died from the vaccine.
It's not a vaccine

~S~

If we didn't have media, we wouldn't even have known we were in a pandemic ~S~
I don’t believe you

I don't know a single person I have contact with who ever had covid-19, and while I do know 2 people by email who have had it, no one died or even had any serious complaint.

I have contract with at least 400 people, and email with several thousand.

The important thing to remember, is that normally epidemics only last about a month or 2 before they run out of easy local hosts. The only thing that prevents covid-19 from going away in a similar fashion, is that by "flattening the curve" we conserve easy local hosts, and prevent it from ending.

By contrast, I was in an early "hot spot" in March of 2020. We had another surge here in Nov 2020 and again in April 2021. I have contact with a lot of students. I kept a list but have not kept it updated. At last count, I know over 50 people who had covid. One who died, a few hospitalized, and the rest with a mild illness. Several of those were very close family members.

I mean to get antibody tested this summer. I put my odds at about 50/50 of having had an asymptomatic case. If not that, I would say I have "T cell immunity" from being around children for so many years. That I taught in person around the number of children I see and did not get it, knowing so many people who did--I must have some kind of immunity.

The important thing to remember, is that normally epidemics only last about a month or 2 before they run out of easy local hosts. The only thing that prevents covid-19 from going away in a similar fashion, is that by "flattening the curve" we conserve easy local hosts, and prevent it from ending.
Let's take that herd immunity. It would take 200 million cases to reach herd immunity, and at the fatality rate (33 million cases with 600,000 deaths) comes to a little under 4 million dead americans to carry that out.
Unfortunately "herd immunity" is not going to be possible. People lose naturally derived immunity in about 6 months to a year. There's a somewhat isolated Brazilian city that they are using as a case study for this.

This virus is unlike the known respiratory viruses.... because it is an endocrine system virus that lives in the endocrine system. (Which does affect respiratory system)

What is eventually going to happen is that we will all get fully vaccinated and stop this virus...or the birth defects will get to be so bad that people will die out.

Rigby5

Possibly, you may be stupid. Possibly, you may be getting paid by somebody to spread disinformation. Possibly, you may just be evil and you get your kicks by saying untrue things. If any of these things are the case, please don't reply to any more of my threads. But for now, I will give you the facts.

I don't know how to post a link. So I will just tell you the title of a website. It is called "How do COVID-19's annual deaths and mortality rate compare to the flu's." This is in the U.S. In the article it says that in 2017-2018, there were 45 million reported cases of the flu and 61,000 deaths from it. In 2018-2019, there were 35 million reported cases of the flu and 34,157 people died from it. As far as I could find out, in all of 2020 in the U.S. there were 356,000 people who died from the coronavirus. Do you see the difference in these numbers? 61,000, 34,000, 356,000.

As for "flattening the curve," I read elsewhere that because of the coronavirus, the cases of the flu dropped by 61%. No doubt due to the precautions taken against the coronavirus. So I would say that the curve for the flu was flattened by a hell of a lot. I would call that a good thing.

Rigby5

Do you know how virus's multiply? By taking over a cell. It kills the cell and releases many more of the virus's. How many dead cells does it take to satisfy you. You should follow the wisdom of evolution. Antibodies evolved into existence to protect the cells of the body. Apparently evolution has figured out that doing so is beneficial to the body.

Rigby5

The only thing "novel" about COVID-19 is that it never had humans as a host before. From what I hear, epidemiologists worry about other potentially deadly virus's that exist in nature that could find their way into humans. One of which was Ebola. And that was certainly bad news.

sparky

The news may be full of meaningless bullshit. But when they have their cameramen actually in hospitals and show actual patients and interview doctors and nurses, I am more likely to believe them.

sparky

What if the stats are true. What then. Besides, I can spot a liar just as easily if they are using phony stats to misconstrue a topic. That aside, how many stats have you compiled.

As for "flattening the curve," I read elsewhere that because of the coronavirus, the cases of the flu dropped by 61%. No doubt due to the precautions taken against the coronavirus. So I would say that the curve for the flu was flattened by a hell of a lot. I would call that a good thing.

What do you suppose happens, when there is a malicious agenda at work to massively exaggerate the impact of a particular disease, in order to exploit the fear of that disease for the enrichment and empowerment of corrupt politicians; and in the course of this agenda, instances of another disease are intentionally misclassified as instances of the disease being thus exploited? For example, common flu cases being misclassified as COVID-19, in order to exaggerate the counts of XCOVID-19?

What would you expect to be the impact, then, of statistics relating to the disease that is being misclassified in order to exaggerate another disease?

Cases of the common flu dropping by 61%—is this not exactly the effect that we should expect to see from this?

If I have ten ducks, and ten chickens, but I “classify” five of my ducks as chickens, then how many chickens do I have, and how many ducks?

Bob Blaylock

Doctors know exactly what disease is what. There is no guesswork. Since the beginning of the coronavirus plague, something around 1000 new strains of the coronavirus have been identified. Why? Because genetic mapping of the chromosomes is so exacting. Most of these changes are only very slight. But as with the South African and Delta variant, the changes have been enough to make the virus more of a problem than it started out as.

Forum List

Back