How can there ever be peace here?

Great post Stone. "When did it become illegal for Jews to live in their 3000 year homeland and sovereign state"? Maybe, I missed a legal ruling

I think they all missed something because the Jews took the region by force, and are only able to keep it through force, fences and killing.

More like, The arabs started a war to throw the Jews into the sea, the Jews won and gained more land.

Poteto Potato:D

Great post Stone. "When did it become illegal for Jews to live in their 3000 year homeland and sovereign state"? Maybe, I missed a legal ruling

I think they all missed something because the Jews took the region by force, and are only able to keep it through force, fences and killing.

IMA DUNCE

Tashbih Sayyed, Muslim Pakistani Scholar, Journalist, Author and Former Editor in Chief of Our Times, Pakistan Today, and The Muslim World Today
Blinded by their anti-Semitism, Arabs ignore the fact that neither are they an indigenous group nor is the Jewish nationhood a new phenomenon in Palestine; the Jewish nation was born during 40 years of wandering in the Sinai more than five thousand years ago and has remained connected with Palestine ever since. “Even after the destruction of the last Jewish commonwealth in the first century, the Jewish people maintained their own autonomous political and legal institutions: the Davidic dynasty was preserved in Baghdad until the thirteenth century through the rule of the Exilarch (Resh Galuta), while the return to Zion was incorporated into the most widely practiced Jewish traditions, including the end of the Yom Kippur service and the Passover Seder, as well as in everyday prayers. Thus, Jewish historic rights were kept alive in Jewish historical consciousness.

It is a matter of record that the Arabs owe their presence in Palestine to the Ottomans who settled Muslim populations as a buffer against Bedouin attacks and Ibrahim Pasha, the Egyptian ruler who brought Egyptian colonists with his army in the 1830s. And during all those times when Arabs lived under the Ottoman rule, they never showed any desire for national independence.

Jerusalem has always remained a Jewish majority – a symbol of Jewish yearning to be an independent nation as they thrived in communities in many of Palestine’s towns. “By 1864, a clear-cut Jewish majority emerged in Jerusalem - more than half a century before the arrival of the British Empire and the League of Nations Mandate. During the years that the Jewish presence in Eretz Israel was restored, a huge Arab population influx transpired as Arab immigrants sought to take advantage of higher wages and economic opportunities that resulted from Jewish settlement in the land. President Roosevelt concluded in 1939 that "Arab immigration into Palestine since 1921 has vastly exceeded the total Jewish immigration during the whole period."

The present Arab declaration challenging the Jewish character of Israel cannot be ignored because it is not just an expression of dissatisfaction by a minority about their socio-economic situation but a reminder that Islamist radicalism and fundamentalism has now decided to challenge openly the legitimacy of the Jewish state.
Global Politician - Israel?s Arab Citizens And The Jewish State

PBS: Civilization and the Jews
The interaction of Jewish history and Western civilization successively assumed different forms. In the Biblical and Ancient periods, Israel was an integral part of the Near Eastern and classical world, which gave birth to Western civilization. It shared the traditions of ancient Mesopotamia and the rest of that world with regard to it’s own beginning; it benefited from the decline of Egypt and the other great Near Eastern empires to emerge as a nation in it’s own right; it asserted it’s claim to the divinely promised Land of Israel
PBS - Heritage

Harvard University Semitic Museum: The Houses of Ancient Israel The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.
Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth.

Harvard University Semitic Museum: Jerusalem During The Reign Of King Hezekiah--New Exhibition At The Semitic Museum Re-Creates Numerous Aspects Of Ancient Israel Harvard Gazette: Jerusalem during the reign of King Hezekiah

The Semitic Museum has installed a new exhibition that brings the world of biblical Israel into vivid, three-dimensional reality. "The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine" immerses the viewer in Israelite daily life around the time of King Hezekiah (8th century B.C.), creating an experiential environment based on the latest archaeological, textual, and historical research.
The centerpiece of the exhibition is a full-scale Israelite house, open on one side, filled with authentic ancient artifacts that show how life was lived by common inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem. Agricultural tools, a cooking area, and a stall occupied by a single, scruffy ram fill the ground floor of the cube-shaped, mud-brick structure, which, thankfully, is not olfactorily authentic. The upper story, reached by a ladder, is devoted to eating and sleeping.

Yale University Press: The Archaeology of Ancient Israel The Archaeology of Ancient Israel - Ben-Tor, Amnon; Greenberg, R. - Yale University Press

In this lavishly illustrated book some of Israel's foremost archaeologists present a thorough, up-to-date, and readily accessible survey of early life in the land of the Bible, from the Neolithic era (eighth millennium B.C.E.) to the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. It will be a delightful and informative resource for anyone who has ever wanted to know more about the religious, scientific, or historical background of the region.

PBS Nova ...
In the banks of the Nile in southern Egypt in 1896, British archaeologisit Flinders Petrie unearthed one of the most important discoveries in biblical archaeology known as the Merneptah Stele. Merneptah's stele announces the entrance on the world stage of a People named Israel.

The Merneptah Stele is powerful evidence that a People called the Israelites are living in Canaan over 3000 years ago

Dr. Donald Redford, Egyptologist and archaeologist: The Merneptah Stele is priceless evidence for the presence of an ethnical group called Israel in Canaan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvg2EZAEw5c]1/13 The Bible's Buried Secrets (NOVA PBS) - YouTube[/ame]

You are a bit funny aren't you?

Most of the countries who are in existence today are keeping their territory through force.
What prevents from Mexico to expand into the US? Is it not happening because Mexicans are just happy people who are happy with what they have? I think not.

You have zero credible information that supports your case.
Even once I have not seen you quote a source or provide a link, all you have is baseless speculations. Nothing more.

Most of the countries who are in existence today are keeping their territory through force.
What prevents from Mexico to expand into the US? Is it not happening because Mexicans are just happy people who are happy with what they have? I think not.

Even once I have not seen you quote a source or provide a link, all you have is baseless speculations. Nothing more.

You think that the only reason Mexico doesn't attack us is because we'd beat their asses to a pulp? :bsflag:

You think that the only reason Mexico doesn't attack us is because we'd beat their asses to a pulp? :bsflag:
Indeed I do.
You think that it isn't true? How good that you provided a thorough explanation to your point of view.

Why don't they attack then?

I brought up Mexico only as example, in general what do you think keeps poor countries from attacking rich countries? Definitely not care bears.

Indeed I do.
You think that it isn't true? How good that you provided a thorough explanation to your point of view.

I brought up Mexico only as example, in general what do you think keeps poor countries from attacking rich countries? Definitely not care bears.

So in your world, Mexico can only attack poorer countries. So why isn't Mexico at war? There's tons of countries right around them that are much poorer than they are. Please explain.

The Palestinians wound up the biggest losers thanks to their Arab brothers in Arab countries convincing them to leave until after the Arabs drive Israel into the sea. And the funny part is the Palestinians blame Israel for their current situation.

More like, The arabs started a war to throw the Jews into the sea, the Jews won and gained more land.

Poteto Potato:D

Wrong, the Jews reclaimed their homeland with industry and diplomacy and when the Arabs tried to take it from them by force, the Jews defended it.

Wrong, the Jews reclaimed their homeland with industry and diplomacy and when the Arabs tried to take it from them by force, the Jews defended it.
If you have to lie to make your point, then you don't really have a point to make. And you certainly cannot re-write history. This is what actually happened...

Israel was not created by the U.N., but came into being on May 14, 1948, when the Zionist leadership unilaterally, and with no legal authority, declared Israel’s existence, with no specification as to the extent of the new state’s borders. In a moment, the Zionists had declared that Arabs no longer the owners of their land – it now belonged to the Jews. In an instant, the Zionists had declared that the majority Arabs of Palestine were now second-class citizens in the new “Jewish State”.

The Arabs, needless to say, did not passively accept this development, and neighboring Arab countries declared war on the Zionist regime in order to prevent such a grave injustice against the majority inhabitants of Palestine.

It must be emphasized that the Zionists had no right to most of the land they declared as part of Israel, while the Arabs did. This war, therefore, was not, as is commonly asserted in mainstream commentary, an act of aggression by the Arab states against Israel. Rather, the Arabs were acting in defense of their rights, to prevent the Zionists from illegally and unjustly taking over Arab lands and otherwise disenfranchising the Arab population. The act of aggression was the Zionist leadership’s unilateral declaration of the existence of Israel, and the Zionists’ use of violence to enforce their aims both prior to and subsequent to that declaration.
Israel was created with the use of jewish terrorism.
Israel implemented a policy of ethnic cleansing. 700,000 Arab Palestinians were either forced from their homes or fled out of fear of further massacres, such as had occurred in the village of Deir Yassin shortly before the Zionist declaration. These Palestinians have never been allowed to return to their homes and land, despite it being internationally recognized and encoded in international law that such refugees have an inherent “right of return”.
Funny how zionists constantly bitch about their right to return to their acestoral homeland (which I dispute, because the diaspora never happened), but they won't give the same right to Palestinian's to return to their homes. That's another reason Israeli's are so fucked. They're the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

If you have to lie to make your point, then you don't really have a point to make. And you certainly cannot re-write history. This is what actually happened...

Israel was not created by the U.N., but came into being on May 14, 1948, when the Zionist leadership unilaterally, and with no legal authority, declared Israel’s existence, with no specification as to the extent of the new state’s borders. In a moment, the Zionists had declared that Arabs no longer the owners of their land – it now belonged to the Jews. In an instant, the Zionists had declared that the majority Arabs of Palestine were now second-class citizens in the new “Jewish State”.

The Arabs, needless to say, did not passively accept this development, and neighboring Arab countries declared war on the Zionist regime in order to prevent such a grave injustice against the majority inhabitants of Palestine.

It must be emphasized that the Zionists had no right to most of the land they declared as part of Israel, while the Arabs did. This war, therefore, was not, as is commonly asserted in mainstream commentary, an act of aggression by the Arab states against Israel. Rather, the Arabs were acting in defense of their rights, to prevent the Zionists from illegally and unjustly taking over Arab lands and otherwise disenfranchising the Arab population. The act of aggression was the Zionist leadership’s unilateral declaration of the existence of Israel, and the Zionists’ use of violence to enforce their aims both prior to and subsequent to that declaration.
Israel implemented a policy of ethnic cleansing. 700,000 Arab Palestinians were either forced from their homes or fled out of fear of further massacres, such as had occurred in the village of Deir Yassin shortly before the Zionist declaration. These Palestinians have never been allowed to return to their homes and land, despite it being internationally recognized and encoded in international law that such refugees have an inherent “right of return”.
Funny how zionists constantly bitch about their right to return to their acestoral homeland (which I dispute, because the diaspora never happened), but they won't give the same right to Palestinian's to return to their homes. That's another reason Israeli's are so fucked. They're the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

You think too much about sucking dick http://www.usmessageboard.com/5143970-post567.html

Jews have had a continuous existence in Israel for 3000 years and no other indigenous nation except the Jewish nation has existed in Israel for 3 millenia.

Eminent Historian Sir Martin Gilbert, Author of 10 Books on Middle East History and History of Jerusalem

Jerusalem became the capital of the first Jewish kingdom in 1004 BC, over 3000 years ago. With the brief exception of the Crusader period, no other non-Jewish ruling power of Jerusalem made the city a capital but it was consistently a capital for the Jews. Driven into partial exile by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC, the Jews returned fifty years later and rebuilt Jerusalem as their capital. It was their capital, too, under the Maccabees. The unity of the city achieved in 1967, then, was more than a quirk of military geography. It was the fulfillment of unbroken historical longings.

In 1210, following the defeat of the Crusaders, groups of Jews began to return Jerusalem. Henceforth, without interruption, and in every decade, individual Jews and groups of Jews reached the city from the Maghreb [north Africa] and elsewhere forming an ever-growing community. Driven out by the Tartar invasion of 1244, they had returned by 1250. Three times a day the Jews repeated in their prayers, "And to Jerusalem Thy city mayest thou return to mercy, and dwell in its midst as Thou hast spoken, and rebuild it soon in our days for evermore

Areas from which some 300 Rabbis travelled to Jerusalem, Acre and Ramla in 1210 AD, to strengthen the Jewish communities weakened by the Crusader massacres and expulsions. Jews are known to have traveled from throughout the region to Jerusalem [after 1267], settling permanently and forming by 1841 the largest single community in Jerusalem.

1000 AD: Jews take part in the defence of Haifa against the Crusades

1099:AD: Jews take part in the defence of Jerusalem against the Crusaders

1211: Several Rabbis from France and England settle in Jerusalem

1267: Maimonides arrives in Jerusalem and establishes a synagogue . During the next 500 years, Jerusalem is reinstated as a centre of Jewish learning.

In 1500, there were an estimated 10,000 Jews living in the Safed region

1563: Establishment of a Hebrew printing press in Jerusalem, the first printing press on the Asian Continent

By 1880 the Jews formed the majority of the population Jerusalem

During the 17th and 18th centuries, many Jerusalem Jews, scholars and rabbis, travelled from Jerusalem to teach in Jewish communities elsewhere, and also to seek alms and charity for the poorer members of their own community. there was also a regular movement of families, in both directions, between Jerusalem and several towns of the eastern Mediterranean region

Jewish villages in Israel 1855--1914...

Deganya
Jerusalem
Safed
Tiberias
Kinneret
Merhavya
Zikhron Yacov
Ekron
Mikveh Israel
Rishon le-Zion
Ben Shemen
Rehovot
Hulda
Kastinia
Artuf
Hebron
Ruhama
Beer-Toviya
Hartuv
Gedera
Kfar Uriya
Motza
Nes Ziona
Beer Yaakov
Nahalat Yehuda
Mahane Yehuda
Ein Ganim
Petah Tikvah
Kfar Sava
Kfar Mahal
Hadera
Gan Shmuel
Nahliel
Karkur
Givat Ada
Bat Shelomo
Tantura
Shefeiya
Yavneel
Beit Gan
Kfar Tova
Poriya
Sejera
Menahemya
Beitanya
Mizpa
Kfar Hittim
Bnei Yehuda
Mishmar Hayarden
Ayelet Hashashar
Ein Zeitim
Metulla
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GilbertsThe-Routledge-History-Historical-Hardcover/dp/B0041CNUIC/ref=sr_1_24?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333126978&sr=1-24]Amazon.com: Martin Gilbert'sThe Routledge Atlas of Jewish History (Routledge Historical Atlases) [Hardcover](2010): M., (Author) Gilbert: Books[/ame]

Jews have had a continuous existence in Israel for 3000... years
That's right. Jews have been living in that area all along.

...and no other indigenous nation except the Jewish nation has existed in Israel for 3 millenia.
That's wrong. Arabs have been living there as well, for as long as the jews.

And you know what, they got along with each other. But that all changed when the narcissistic zionists showed up...
Although Arabs were a majority in Palestine prior to the creation of the state of Israel, there had always been a Jewish population, as well. For the most part, Jewish Palestinians got along with their Arab neighbors. This began to change with the onset of the Zionist movement, because the Zionists rejected the right of the Palestinians to self-determination and wanted Palestine for their own, to create a “Jewish State” in a region where Arabs were the majority and owned most of the land.
Zionists are about as fucked neocon's.

If a zionist and a neocon were drowning in front of me 10 feet from a river bank,
I'd have a tough decision to make:
"Do I take a walk, or take a nap?"

Jews have had a continuous existence in Israel for 3000... years
That's right. Jews have been living in that area all along.

...and no other indigenous nation except the Jewish nation has existed in Israel for 3 millenia.
That's wrong. Arabs have been living there as well, for as long as the jews.

And you know what, they got along with each other. But that all changed when the narcissistic zionists showed up...
Although Arabs were a majority in Palestine prior to the creation of the state of Israel, there had always been a Jewish population, as well. For the most part, Jewish Palestinians got along with their Arab neighbors. This began to change with the onset of the Zionist movement, because the Zionists rejected the right of the Palestinians to self-determination and wanted Palestine for their own, to create a “Jewish State” in a region where Arabs were the majority and owned most of the land.
Zionists are about as fucked neocon's.

If a zionist and a neocon were drowning in front of me 10 feet from a river bank,
I'd have a tough decision to make:
"Do I take a walk, or take a nap?"

You think too much about sucking dick http://www.usmessageboard.com/5143970-post567.html

You post a link to some one who is every bit as ignorant and bigoted as you are, but perhaps not as stupid.

Your link claims it is a myth that Jews and Arabs had always been in conflict, but how did he miss this?

There were pogroms too in the nineteenth century in the Arab and Islamic worlds. There was a massacre of Jews in Baghdad in 1828.[22] There was another massacre in Barfurush in 1867.[22] In 1839, in the eastern Persian city of Meshed, a mob burst into the Jewish Quarter, burned the synagogue, and destroyed the Torah scrolls. This is known as the Allahdad incident. It was only by forcible conversion that a massacre was averted.[23]

The Damascus affair occurred in 1840, when an Italian monk and his servant disappeared in Damascus. Immediately following, a charge of ritual murder was brought against a large number of Jews in the city. All were found guilty. The consuls of England, France and Austria as well as Ottoman authorities, Christians, Muslims and Jews all played a great role in this affair.[24] Following the Damascus affair, pogroms spread through the Middle East and North Africa. As well as Damascus (1840, 1848, 1890), pogroms of varying degrees of intensity occurred in: Aleppo (1850, 1875), Beirut (1862, 1874), Dayr al-Qamar (1847), Jerusalem (1847), Cairo (1844, 1890, 1901–02), Mansura (1877), Alexandria (1870, 1882, 1901–07), Port Said (1903, 1908), Damanhur (1871, 1873, 1877, 1891), Istanbul (1870, 1874), Buyukdere (1864), Kuzguncuk (1866), Eyub (1868), Edirne (1872), Izmir (1872, 1874).[25]

Pogrom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read further and you will learn that Arab pogroms against Jews had been going on for over a thousand years in all the Arab lands in the ME and North Africa.

Secondly, the dumbass you linked to stated, "General Assembly resolutions are not considered legally binding (only Security Council resolutions are)." This is true concerning matters between member states, but the General Assembly has jurisdiction over internal UN matters, and since Palestine was a UN protectorate at the time of the Partition resolution, the matter of Partition was an entirely internal matter.

How stupid do you have to be to believe that illiterate tenant farmers began attacking Jews because they heard some of them aspired to found a Jewish homeland in Palestine? The fact is that the same hatred and fear of Jews that led to over a thousand years of pogroms against Jews in all Arab lands led the Palestinian Arabs to hate and fear the Jewish immigrants. The massacres of Jews in Hebron and Safed were started by rumors that the Jews were attacking the al Aksa mosque, the same exact kind of incitement that led to Arab massacres of Jews for over a thousand years and the exact incitement that led to the second intifada.

You post a link to some one who is every bit as ignorant and bigoted as you are, but perhaps not as stupid.
You project ignorance and bigotry on others, while you demonstrate those same traits in spades.

Your link claims it is a myth that Jews and Arabs had always been in conflict, but how did he miss this?
You're taking what was stated out of context, just so you can continue your campaign of hate.

Secondly, the dumbass you linked to stated, "General Assembly resolutions are not considered legally binding (only Security Council resolutions are)." This is true concerning matters between member states, but the General Assembly has jurisdiction over internal UN matters, and since Palestine was a UN protectorate at the time of the Partition resolution, the matter of Partition was an entirely internal matter.
You want to explain that a little bit more? Internal to who?

How stupid do you have to be to believe that illiterate tenant farmers began attacking Jews because they heard some of them aspired to found a Jewish homeland in Palestine?
Shove that strawman argument up your ass! I made it very clear (as well as that link), that the arabs idigenous to that area were responding to their homes being taken from them through the use of jewish terrorist groups like Irgun.

The fact is that the same hatred and fear of Jews that led to over a thousand years of pogroms against Jews in all Arab lands led the Palestinian Arabs to hate and fear the Jewish immigrants. The massacres of Jews in Hebron and Safed were started by rumors that the Jews were attacking the al Aksa mosque, the same exact kind of incitement that led to Arab massacres of Jews for over a thousand years and the exact incitement that led to the second intifada.
You and your ilk are the only ones I see spewing racist hatred of others. And you spew so much of it, that your posts confirm zionists initiated the violence against arab land owners in that area. Because your posts show an absolute contempt and disdain towards muslims and that's the kind of mindset "home invaders" have when they walk into someone else's home and start telling the owner it's your home now.

People that do respect international law and democratic principles, don't say the things you say. But what's the most fucked thing about you people, is that none of you, have the balls to take responsibility for your role in the violence. The blame is always on "them", never "you". You never own up to the bad things you've done to them. And that's the mark of a coward!

You project ignorance and bigotry on others, while you demonstrate those same traits in spades.

You're taking what was stated out of context, just so you can continue your campaign of hate.

How stupid do you have to be to believe that illiterate tenant farmers began attacking Jews because they heard some of them aspired to found a Jewish homeland in Palestine?
Shove that strawman argument up your ass! I made it very clear (as well as that link), that the arabs idigenous to that area were responding to their homes being taken from them through the use of jewish terrorist groups like Irgun.

The fact is that the same hatred and fear of Jews that led to over a thousand years of pogroms against Jews in all Arab lands led the Palestinian Arabs to hate and fear the Jewish immigrants. The massacres of Jews in Hebron and Safed were started by rumors that the Jews were attacking the al Aksa mosque, the same exact kind of incitement that led to Arab massacres of Jews for over a thousand years and the exact incitement that led to the second intifada.
You and your ilk are the only ones I see spewing racist hatred of others. And you spew so much of it, that your posts confirm zionists initiated the violence against arab land owners in that area. Because your posts show an absolute contempt and disdain towards muslims and that's the kind of mindset "home invaders" have when they walk into someone else's home and start telling the owner it's your home now.

People that do respect international law and democratic principles, don't say the things you say. But what's the most fucked thing about you people, is that none of you, have the balls to take responsibility for your role in the violence. The blame is always on "them", never "you". You never own up to the bad things you've done to them. And that's the mark of a coward!

You know much about posting about sucking dick http://www.usmessageboard.com/5143970-post567.html

About international law, not so much

Bless you Loinboy. I agree. Not once have those Zionists acknowledged their crimes against the Palestinains for provoking them into violence with their damn peace offerings, security fence & land concessions to keep the Palestinians captives in Israel. And then those Zionists just can't seem to understand WHY they are thanked with jihad's, intifadas & rocket missiles. Shame on Israel for not treating the Palestinians with the same Arab love, justice & respect they are so well accustomed to & so well deserve. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

Bullshit. Are you just going to dismiss all facts that don't support what you want to believe? Fundamental to your whole belief system about this conflict is the idea that Arab violence against Jews was all in response to actions by the Jews, but the facts I presented facts that showed Arab attacks against Jews had been going on in the region for over a thousand years, and the incitements to the attacks were the same centuries ago as they were in the 20th century. Moreover, verses from the Quran and Hadith encourage hatred, fear and violence against Jews and these verses continue to be cited today to stir these feelings and actions among Arabs in the region. All the available data indicates that when the Jewish immigrants arrived in Palestine, they were met by an Arab population that was predisposed to regard them with fear and hatred and that had a long history of committing pogroms against Jews.

[You want to explain that a little bit more? Internal to who?

Idiot, Palestine was an internal UN matter, not an issue between member states, so the General Assembly, not the Security Council had jurisdiction over it. The area had been ceded by the Ottoman Empire to the allies after WWI, the allies gave it to the League of Nations to hold as a protectorate and it later became a UN protectorate. As such, the General Assembly could do whatever it wanted with the land as long as it didn't violate the UN Charter.

[Shove that strawman argument up your ass! I made it very clear (as well as that link), that the arabs idigenous to that area were responding to their homes being taken from them through the use of jewish terrorist groups like Irgun.

More bullshit. Neither Irgun nor Lehi took homes away from any Arabs in Palestine, indigenous or not. The were organized to fight the British, not the Arabs, in order to get the British to leave Palestine, but in response to hundreds of Jews being killed by Arabs during the Arab uprising that began in 1936, they retaliated according to an eye for an eye principle.

The first operations began around April 1936, and by the end of World War II, more than 250 Arabs had been killed. The trend of activities was an attempt to respond "an eye for an eye" in the form of violent operations against Arab violence, and often to match the form of retaliation or its location to correspond to the attack that provoked it. A number of examples:

After an Arab shooting at Carmel school in Tel Aviv, which resulted in the death of a Jewish child, Irgun members attacked an Arab neighborhood near Kerem Hatemanim in Tel Aviv, killing one Arab man and injuring another.

On August 17, the Irgun responded to shootings by Arabs from the Jaffa–Jerusalem train towards Jews that were waiting by the train block on Herzl Street in Tel Aviv. The same day, when a Jewish child was injured by the shooting, Irgun members attacked a train on the same route, killing one Arab and injuring five.

During 1936, Irgun members carried out approximately ten retaliatory operations.

Throughout 1937 the Irgun continued this line of operation.

On March 6, a Jew at Sabbath prayers at the Western Wall was shot by a local Arab. A few hours later, the Irgun shot at an Arab in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Rechavia.

On June 29, a band of Arabs attacked an Egged bus on the Jerusalem – Tel Aviv road, killing one Jew. The following day, two Jews were also killed near Karkur. A few hours later, the Irgun carried out a number of operations. An Arab bus making its way from Lifta was attacked in Jerusalem.

In two other locations in Jerusalem, Arabs were shot as well.

In Tel Aviv, a hand grenade was thrown at an Arab coffee shop on Carmel St., injuring many of the patrons.

Irgun members also injured an Arab on Reines St. in Tel Aviv.

On September 5, the Irgun responded to the murder of a rabbi on his way home from prayer in the Old City of Jerusalem by throwing explosives at an Arab bus that had left Lifta, injuring two female passengers and a British police officer.

Irgun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As the violence of the Arab uprising intensified, Irgun's retaliations also intensified, but in every case, Irgun attacks against Arabs were in response to and were retaliation for Arab attacks against Jews.

[You and your ilk are the only ones I see spewing racist hatred of others. And you spew so much of it, that your posts confirm zionists initiated the violence against arab land owners in that area. Because your posts show an absolute contempt and disdain towards muslims and that's the kind of mindset "home invaders" have when they walk into someone else's home and start telling the owner it's your home now.

You haven't seen any racist hatred in any of my posts. What you have seen and what makes you so upset are facts you don't like, facts that contradict the things you have decided to believe in.

You are describing yourself here. It's you who is trying to blame everything on the Jews while ignoring any facts that indicate the Arabs are to blame for anything.

Last edited:
You think that the only reason Mexico doesn't attack us is because we'd beat their asses to a pulp?
Indeed I do.

So in your world, Mexico can only attack poorer countries. So why isn't Mexico at war? There's tons of countries right around them that are much poorer than they are. Please explain.

First you did not answer my question.

second, Mexico is not at war with other more poor countries because those countries also protect their territory with force.

Indeed I do.

First you did not answer my question.

second, Mexico is not at war with other more poor countries because those countries also protect their territory with force.

So Mexico couldn't take Guatamala? Haiti? Belize?... Gimme a break!
And the US could take Mexico, or Haiti, or bermuda, Jamaica, Canada.... So why don't they attack?

Forum List

Back