🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How Conservatism Killed The GOP

Saying and doing are totally different things now aren't they?

Bush said he wanted to make government smaller too...

They are hailed as conservatives. Even now people are using them to prove (falsely) that cutting taxes increases revenues.

Everything about the GOP today is corrupted by today's brand of conservatism.

They do increase revenues. Bush 43 achieved record revenues during his tenure.

And his FAULT was finding his VETO PEN on Congressional Spending...Bush Sunk the so-called 'Compassionate Conservative' crap he was spouting. To him it meant getting along with the Swimmer...and other Statist Miscreants.

Last edited:
They are hailed as conservatives. Even now people are using them to prove (falsely) that cutting taxes increases revenues.

Everything about the GOP today is corrupted by today's brand of conservatism.

And his FAULT was finding his VETO PEN on Congressional Spending

Ka-ching. It's always the spending.

Wonder where the "conservative liberals" come down on spending.

attention shoppers: in aisle 01 we have Revere. It is under the delusion that liberals have been trying to pass themselves off as conservatives. Please be patient as we are addressing the issue. We have professionals on their way to assist this Revere in his/her time of need.

thank you for shopping for ideas online.

Dante

Indeed. If we can find such an animal. We can. They're called Statists...Progressives. Dante is living in a dream world of concoccting shit even he doesn't understand.

Last edited:

Ineed. If we can find such an animal. We can. Their called Statists...Progressives. Dante is living in a dream world of concoccting shit even he doesn't understand.

Statism — Ayn Rand Lexicon
The political expression of altruism is collectivism or statism, which holds that man's life and work belong to the state—to society, to the group, the gang ...:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Indeed. If we can find such an animal. We can. They're called Statists...Progressives. Dante is living in a dream world of concoccting shit even he doesn't understand.

Oh, I think I misread it. Zhe really is just a liberal.

My bad.

No, just liberals who try to pass themselves off as conservatives by putting both words together.

Who is doing that? If anything today's conservatives are trying to pass themselves off as very liberal.

How The Conservatism Killed The GOP

1. If the GOP of today were the GOP of our fathers and grandfathers, all of us would be better off. The GOP of old had great liberals in it's ranks. Most all the great past achievements the GOP crows about today were liberal ideas made policy and law.

2) Over the past 3 or 4 decades the conservatives in the GOP have chased out most every liberal in it's midst. They no longer have a voice representing the people. They have a voice representing the conservative fringe.

3) Today the conservative Tea Party movement is looking to finish the job started in seriousness under the reign of Ronald Reagan, the great communicator who rarely kept a campaign promise.

The GOP is not longer great or grand.

:cool:

it's the social conservatives, imo.

yes, in principal I agree.

You can't model "what they would have been." You can only measure what was.

It's obvious you haven't read the article

:lol:

I did. The premise is bogus. You can't model what would have been.

And, as I asserted, revenues did increase under Bush 43.

Which you can't refute.

Indeed, Riedl acknowledges, “Yes, the 2001/2003 tax cuts played some role in keeping revenues below their historical average for most of the 2000s, but the country was also recovering from a recession at that time, too.” This makes my point: that McConnell is wrong in contending “there’s no evidence whatsoever” that the tax cuts diminished revenue.

PostPartisan - Did the Bush tax cuts reduce revenue? Of course.

It's obvious you haven't read the article

:lol:

Which you can't refute.

Indeed, Riedl acknowledges, “Yes, the 2001/2003 tax cuts played some role in keeping revenues below their historical average for most of the 2000s, but the country was also recovering from a recession at that time, too.” This makes my point: that McConnell is wrong in contending “there’s no evidence whatsoever” that the tax cuts diminished revenue.

Models and historical averages are bogus.

They are fudged by people who want to make a particular point. "Health care savings," to wit.

Revenues increased. Period.

How The Conservatism Killed The GOP

1. If the GOP of today were the GOP of our fathers and grandfathers, all of us would be better off. The GOP of old had great liberals in it's ranks. Most all the great past achievements the GOP crows about today were liberal ideas made policy and law.

2) Over the past 3 or 4 decades the conservatives in the GOP have chased out most every liberal in it's midst. They no longer have a voice representing the people. They have a voice representing the conservative fringe.

3) Today the conservative Tea Party movement is looking to finish the job started in seriousness under the reign of Ronald Reagan, the great communicator who rarely kept a campaign promise.

The GOP is not longer great or grand.

:cool:

it's the social conservatives, imo.

yes, in principal I agree.

lots of us agree -- that it is part of the problem

Which you can't refute.

Models and historical averages are bogus.

They are fudged by people who want to make a particular point. "Health care savings," to wit.

Revenues increased. Period.

most? nice way of avoiding the topic. deflect and run away

take your meds yet today?

I'm healthy, I don't need meds.

I can't wait to read another thread made by a liberal talking about what the TPM is or what the GOP is... Or better who should or is going to run as a Republican in 2012.

Does your "side" suck so bad this year that we have waht, 5 threads like this on the first page everyday now?

grow up.

and then eat shit.

:eusa_whistle:

Uhh, ok... Awesome "comeback" dood. How about you realize you represent a dinosaur, outdated and failed version of how Governments role in people lives should be.

Last edited:
Revere and Auto have added absolutely nothing to this discussion: mere spin, talking points, no substance, and a lot of misdirection. Guys, when you provide hard evidence, we can play hard ball. Right now Dante has smacked all of your pitches out of the park.

Forum List

Back