How Did 15-18 Year Old Kids Organize A Nationwide Movement In Less Than A Week?

what promises can't be kept? that sane people will make it harder for guns to get into the hands of people who shouldn't have them?

Any promise you make (including the one you mentioned) ... Take your pick ... :dunno:

Last edited:
The kids will march. They will protest. They will demand a ban on the unnecessary assault weapons. And then they will be disparaged, mocked, ridiculed and dismiss by the Right.

But you'll be there to tell them they are awesome, give them a hug and make promises you cannot keep ...
That should balance things out ... :thup:

what promises can't be kept? that sane people will make it harder for guns to get into the hands of people who shouldn't have them?
If even this solution is beyond the grasp of the gun lover's mind, we must ask why are they in the debate at all.

If even this solution is beyond the grasp of the gun lover's mind, we must ask why are they in the debate at all.

No one is really debating anything ... They are expressing their desires.

So far ... The left has come up with a list of things they want accomplished ...
As well as promises they think they can provide for.

But in reality there is really nothing to argue ... The left simply wants to take away something the gun owners already have.
They have nothing to negotiate with other than their desire to limit the liberties of others.

I mean damn ... Good luck, not that it is going to help you.

So far ... The left has come up with a list of things they want accomplished ...

But in reality there is really nothing to argue ... The left simply wants to take away something the gun owners already have.
They have nothing to negotiate with other than their desire to limit the liberties of others.

Expand and improve the background check system. Prevent the mentally disturbed from owning guns. Reinsitiute and perfect the assault weapons ban. Stop concealed carry reciprocity.

Reasonable demands that do not infringe on anyone or anything.

Expand and improve the background check system. Prevent the mentally disturbed from owning guns. Reinsitiute and perfect the assault weapons ban. Stop concealed carry reciprocity.

its-because-im-black-isnt-it1.jpg

I didn't argue whether or not your ideas were reasonable ...
I simply indicated that your demands do not require a serious response when you have nothing to offer in return for a compromise.

You can have a list of demands ... That does not equal the necessity for anyone to attempt to meet them ... :thup:

I didn't argue whether or not your ideas were reasonable ...
I simply indicated that your demands do not require a serious response when you have nothing to offer in return for a compromise.

You can have a list of demands ... That does not equal the necessity for anyone to attempt to meet them ... :thup:

How about stemming the tide of mass shootings? Or,are you not willing to concede that is a problem?

No. It's because you're unnecessarily lethal.

How about stemming the tide of mass shootings? Or,are you not willing to concede that is a problem?

Look at it this way ...

If I told you to give me a chicken because I am hungry ...
We could agree that I need to eat ... You could concede that if I don't eat I will starve.

That could be considered reasonable ... But doesn't require you to give me a chicken.

AR-Not-Assault-Rifle.jpg

AR-Not-Assault-Rifle.jpg
Does the name make it less unnecessarily lethal? Is that your argument?

Look at it this way ...

If I told you to give me a chicken because I am hungry ...
We could agree that I need to eat ... You could concede that if I don't eat I will starve.

That could be considered reasonable ... But doesn't require you to give me a chicken.

Then you starve and the mass shootings continue.

AR-Not-Assault-Rifle.jpg
Only naïve little snowflakes call them assault weapons... lol

The part of the analogy you never realized is what keeps throwing you in the discussion.
You would still have a chicken and be able to feed yourself and your family ... :thup:

AR-Not-Assault-Rifle.jpg
The debate is joined. Semantics do not apply.

Let me define "assault weapons" for you. Any weapon with a semi-automatic firing system fed by a magazine containing greater than ten rounds. Weapons of this sort that have been modified, as with a 'bump stock' to increase the rate of fire. Weapons whose rounds are meant intentionally to tumble rather than fly in a straight trajectory, rendering them not only in violation of the Geneva Accords, but useless for target shooting.

The part of the analogy you never realized is what keeps throwing you in the discussion.
You would still have a chicken and be able to feed yourself and your family ... :thup:

No one will be knocking at your door confiscating your arsenal. You just won't be able to expand it with assault weaponry.

The debate is joined. Semantics do not apply.

Let me define "assault weapons" for you. Any weapon with a semi-automatic firing system fed by a magazine containing greater than ten rounds. Weapons of this sort that have been modified, as with a 'bump stock' to increase the rate of fire. Weapons whose rounds are meant intentionally to tumble rather than fly in a straight trajectory, rendering them not only in violation of the Geneva Accords, but useless for target shooting.
Well, That does not describe an AR. An AR is just a sporting rifle for varmints and such it was not designed for anything else... period

No one will be knocking at your door confiscating your arsenal. You just won't be able to expand it with assault weaponry.
You do realize what it takes to repeal the Second Amendment? Anyway you have no idea what an assault weapon is...

I am not worried about keeping my firearms ... I have a Constitutionally protected right to have them.
I am not worried about buying anymore ... I have a Constitutionally protected right to do so.

You on the other hand have nothing to bargain with but your desire to offset one of those rights.
It's not going to happen ... They've tried it before ... And ended up selling more AR-15's and expanding the market during the ban.

You keep getting conned by those pathetic politicians in Washington ... They never do anything correctly.

Forum List

Back