How did Hillary lose? I would really like to discuss this.

Hillary backed the Iraq war, Obama was vocally against it

Cost her the nomination, as it should have

"Vocally" - yep. Like he was 'vocally' against the individual mandate.

All the other suck up politicians were jumping on the patriotism bandwagon and backing the Bush invasion

"Community Organizer" Obama stood up and declared how stupid the idea was. Showed who really was Presidential

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.
But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world

Yes. Vocally. He's a good speaker, no doubt about it. That's why it was so sad to see him standing on the podium, the day after he was elected with the usual line-up of Washington insiders and corporate criminals.

Listen, I'd be first in line to give Obama props if he'd followed through with a good faith effort to undo the damage done to this country by the Bush administration.

He hasn't even tried.

Hasn't tried?

Got us out of Bush's wars
Saved the auto cpmpanies
Stopped a Depression
Doubled the stock market
Killed bin Laden

Fact is....nobody was going to beat Obama in 2008

Hillary couldn't and the Republicans lost by a 2:1 margin

Obama was a political force who was young, black and dynamic. Nobody saw him coming

And nobody knew what the hell he stood for. White guilt pushed him over the line. Hopefully, folks are permanently cured of "white guilt" from this day forward.

He stood for passing a healthcare program, getting us out of Iraq and fixing the economy

What did McCain stand for?

1) Did a piss poor job of #1
2) Temporarily (very temporarily) kept promise #2
3) Failed miserably on #3

Well lets see

He has insured 10 million Americans who weren't insured before and covered people with pre-existing conditions
He has pulled 100,000 out of Iraq and brought 2000 troops back
Stopped a depression, cut unemployment by 4%, saved the auto companies, doubled the stock market and added 26 trillion in household wealth

All the other suck up politicians were jumping on the patriotism bandwagon and backing the Bush invasion

"Community Organizer" Obama stood up and declared how stupid the idea was. Showed who really was Presidential

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.
But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world

Yes. Vocally. He's a good speaker, no doubt about it. That's why it was so sad to see him standing on the podium, the day after he was elected with the usual line-up of Washington insiders and corporate criminals.

Listen, I'd be first in line to give Obama props if he'd followed through with a good faith effort to undo the damage done to this country by the Bush administration.

He hasn't even tried.

Hasn't tried?

Saved the auto cpmpanies
Stopped a Depression
Doubled the stock market
Killed bin Laden

Under Obama's 6 or more years in Afghanistan many more soldiers died than while under Bush's entire 8 years.

He hasn't even tried.

Hasn't tried?

Saved the auto cpmpanies
Stopped a Depression
Doubled the stock market
Killed bin Laden

Under Obama's 6 or more years in Afghanistan many more soldiers died than while under Bush's entire 8 years.

That is very true

It is a shame that Bush abandoned the war on terror (remember that?) in Afghanistan to pursue his blunder into Iraq. Bush should have chased AlQaeda into Pakistan but he didn't have the balls

Democrat Party is controlled by far left. Obama appealed to them more. He was going to be the lefts validation for the 1960's.

In the left wing world, the race card trumps the sexism card and the sexism card slightly trumps the islamaphobe card. The homophobe card trumps the islamaphobe card but draws to a tie with the sexism card. Bottom line is Hillary Haldeman lost to the race card.
Now the media are obsessing with women and women victimhood and women's rights every day as a setup for Hillary Haldeman.
Why do you call her Hillary Haldeman? I thought it was Hillary Rodham Clinton
She's obama's henchman in the coverups of the Benghazi failure of duty just as Haldeman helped Nixon coverup involvement in the Watergate break-in. Compound that with her being the wife of a president who was impeached and she's also part Pat Nixon.
Somehow I don't see any democrats who would vote for either H.R. Haldeman or Pat Nixon if they were alive and running for office.

She turned people off with three things.

Her support for invading Iraq.
Her fake laugh. It wasn't necessary.
Her desperation when the race got closer than she expected.

It's simple.

Moving forward.....

She will not fake laugh this time around.
She has to convince the base that she learned from her mistake regarding Iraq.
She needs to act like the front runner.....even when polls give her a little hiccup.

If she wants the nomination....she will likely have it.

And yet less soldiers have died in combat under Obama than Bush. Guess why?

Could it be because you left out one very important war? YA THINK!?!

9giibq.jpg

9giibq.jpg

Don't forget a very important point. Obama just put us back there. So we can expect more death under your savior.

9giibq.jpg

Don't forget a very important point. Obama just put us back there. So we can expect more death under your savior.
I'm not surprised a retard like yourself thinks Obama is my "savior" after being spanked with some whole truth.

That's the funny thing about tards like you. When you carefully frame things to tell a lie of omission, and then get caught at it, you figure the person correcting you must be for the opposition.

You might want to think about what it means when you assume people smarter than you must be on the opposite side. You also might want to think about how much you want to keep drinking the piss and parroting those who mislead you about important things like war fatalities.

Try being a critical thinker and pursuer of truth instead of a credulous partisan hack.

9giibq.jpg

I'm not surprised a retard like yourself thinks Obama is my "savior" after being spanked with some whole truth.

That's the funny thing about tards like you. When you carefully frame things to tell a lie of omission, and then get caught at it, you figure the person correcting you must be for the opposition.

You might want to think about what it means when you assume people smarter than you must be on the opposite side. You also might want to think about how much you want to keep drinking the piss and parroting those who mislead you about things like war fatalities.

I've never voted for the man, yet the RW freakshow constantly calls me a liberal, or Obamanite or anything their tiny little brain can conjure up after I hand them their ass ..

9giibq.jpg

That's Horrible!

How many so far?

9giibq.jpg

You might want to think about what it means when you assume people smarter than you must be on the opposite side. You also might want to think about how much you want to keep drinking the piss and parroting those who mislead you about important things like war fatalities.

Try being a critical thinker and pursuer of truth instead of a credulous partisan hack.

Man ... did I push a button with that little "savior" comment? Truth hurts doesn't it. Just admit it ... you worship the charlatan.

Forum List

Back