How do the "poor" live so well in the US?

Talking out of your ass, makes you look like, well, an ass

Politifact- say it is not a lie
It is a crasy left wing blog site- so it must be true
:eusa_whistle:

Barack Obama will add more debt than 43 prior presidents

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is there worst enemy
uhhhhh and pres bush added more debt than 42 other presidents.....he went from 5.8 trillion in national debt accumulated for the previous 200 plus years and more than DOUBLED our entire history of national debt, in 8 years....bringing it to 11.8 trillion....that's a fact, jack! to steal your statement...truth is hard for the right...

numbers don't lie, eh?

so, knowing all of this, what you said about obama and I said about President Bush...does it change a thing?

uhhhhh and pres bush added more debt than 42 other presidents.....he went from 5.8 trillion in national debt accumulated for the previous 200 plus years and more than DOUBLED our entire history of national debt, in 8 years....bringing it to 11.8 trillion....that's a fact, jack! to steal your statement...truth is hard for the right...

numbers don't lie, eh?

so, knowing all of this, what you said about obama and I said about President Bush...does it change a thing?

Papa Obama out did him in less time
Yeah, it says a lot

:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

The Reagan and Bush tax cuts for the rich created the debt.

Now we just need to let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Keep believing your fantasy if you want.

Too bad it was still less than what Papa Obama added

Again

Of course, they could be right wing site now
Who knew?

numbers don't lie, eh?

Yeah, it say a lot

NO he didn't outdo him....for obama to outdo president Bush, he would need to take the 11.9 trillion in national debt that president bush left him and bring it to 24.0 trillion in 8 years....it could be that Obama may bring that 24 trillion AFTER his 8 years, but he ain't there yet...so basically, when Obama DOUBLES the country's NATIONAL DEBT as President Bush did, in his 8 years, then Obama might beat president bush.... until then, bush holds the candle.

numbers don't lie, eh?

Yeah, it say a lot

NO he didn't outdo him....for obama to outdo president Bush, he would need to take the 11.9 trillion in national debt that president bush left him and bring it to 24.0 trillion in 8 years....it could be that Obama may bring that 24 trillion AFTER his 8 years, but he ain't there yet...so basically, when Obama DOUBLES the country's NATIONAL DEBT as President Bush did, in his 8 years, then Obama might beat president bush.... until then, bush holds the candle.

You are looking at total debt. Each president inherits the debt from his priors...
Bush did not make all of the 11 trillion

When Bush took office, the national total debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was $10.7 trillion. That's a difference of $4.97 trillion.
So Bush added $4.97 trillion to the total National Debt after 8 years.

CBS
As of October 18, 2010, Papa Obama has added 3 Trillion to the National Total Debt which was a little less than two years at the point
The 43 president line is based on the budgets after 2010

So yes he is adding to the debt at a faster rate
Indeed, 3 trillion/2 year= 1.5 trillion per year
At this rate, 6 trillion in 4 years; 12 trillion in 8 years
As such, at this rate, if allowed, he will match Bush debt in 3 years and
double what Bush added to the national debt in approx 6 years 7 months

Also, if you look at Debt aa percentage of GDP
one can get a better picture

Debt as a percentage of GDP:
Reagan: Up 14.9 percentage points
George H.W. Bush: Up 7.1 percentage points
Clinton: Down 13.4 percentage points
George W. Bush: Up 5.6 percentage points
Obama: Up 21.9 percentage points (through December 2010 only)

Last edited:
Yeah, it say a lot

You are looking at total debt. Each president inherits the debt from his priors...

When Bush took office, the national total debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was $10.7 trillion. That's a difference of $4.97 trillion.

CBS
As of October 18, 2010, Papa Obama has added 3 Trillion to the National Total Debt which was a little less than two years at the point

As such, at this rate, if allowed, he will match Bush debt in 3 years.

Debt vs. debt as a percentage of GDP:
President bush began with 5.8 trillion in national debt, beginning on October 1st 2001, and ending his 8 year fiscal term on october 1 2009, was 11.9 trillion in national debt..... He DOUBLE the entire debt of this nation in 8 years. You go by FISCAL YEARS and president bush's fiscal ending for his 8 year reign was oct 1 2009

and to make a fair comparison, Obama would need to take the national debt from 11.9 trillion to to 24.0 trillion in 8 fiscal years...that would be apples to apples in comparison, and that would be DOUBLING our National debt.

water under the bridge with Bush, I realize such....and Obama could end up doubling our national debt when his 8 years are said and done, but as of right now...bush still holds the honors/

CBS

President bush began with 5.8 trillion in national debt, beginning on October 1st 2001, and ending his 8 year fiscal term on october 1 2009, was 11.9 trillion in national debt..... He DOUBLE the entire debt of this nation in 8 years. You go by FISCAL YEARS and president bush's fiscal ending for his 8 year reign was oct 1 2009

and to make a fair comparison, Obama would need to take the national debt from 11.9 trillion to to 24.0 trillion in 8 fiscal years...that would be apples to apples in comparison, and that would be DOUBLING our National debt.

water under the bridge with Bush, I realize such....and Obama could end up doubling our national debt when his 8 years are said and done, but as of right now...bush still holds the honors/

See Politifact on Bush Debt

Go back at his rate he will more than double the national debt
by adding 12 trillion in 8 years, if allowed

Now one is taking the "honors" as you say from Bush
I felt he spent too much money and some of his social program like Med D were a waste.
But the Pork Bill was passed in 09 and never of the Bush fiscal year (787 billion) and the additional money passed
in Feb of 09 by Congress for 410 billion, as well.

But the facts remain

- he is adding to the debt at a faster rate
As such, at this rate, if allowed, he will match the amount Bush added to the debt in 3 years.

If one goes into debt every month for a $1,000, there is little comfort in knowing
that with each passing month each increment is a smaller percentage of my total debt

9 month $1,000 is only 11 percent of my total debt
10 month $1,000 is only 10 percent of my total debt
11 month $1,000 is only 9.09 percent of my total debt
12 month $1,000 is only 8.08 percent of my total debt

Last edited:

CBS

See Politifact on Bush Debt

Go back at his rate he will more than double the national debt
by adding 12 trillion in 8 years, if allowed

Now one is taking the "honors" as you say from Bush
I felt he spent too much money and some of his social program like Med D were a waste.

But the facts remain

- he is adding to the debt at a faster rate
As such, at this rate, if allowed, he will match the amount Bush added to the debt in 3 years.

If one goes into debt every month for a $1,000, there is little comfort in knowing
that with each passing month each increment is a smaller percentage of my total debt

9 month $1,000 is only 11 percent of my total debt
10 month $1,000 is only 10 percent of my total debt
11 month $1,000 is only 9.09 percent of my total debt
12 month $1,000 is only 8.08 percent of my total debt
But president bush began with the gvt running a 200 billion yearly budget surplus given to him by clinton/congress

and obama was handed a budget running at 1.5 trillion yearly deficit by bush...it doesn't begin at zero each year.....he was handed the 1.5 trillion yearly deficits....so, all these things should be taken in to consideration when analyzing the big picture.....if obama had been handed a yearly deficit of ZERO then in one year, brought that budget to running a $1,5 trillion deficit...then complaints on this would be valid, as they are on bush....but he wasn't handed a balanced budget, he was handed the 1.5 trillion yearly deficit

To be fair as well
Bush did have 911, fought 2 wars and had a recession.

Not a full 1.5 and Congress passes the budget and it was both houses Democrat
The last budget bush submitted was with a $400 billion dollars deficit
Normally 8 months of a fiscal year go into a New President's first calender year

But the Pork Bill was passed in 09 and never of the Bush fiscal year (787 billion) and the additional money passed in Feb of 09 by Congress for 410 billion, as well.

Plus, when they get to the start of their first fiscal year, they are starting at $0 dollars , are they not?

The problem is ALL politicians do not want to make the right or tough decisions.
I do feel it was reckless to pass Obama Care- it wasted time and they should have focused on jobs
If anything, it help create a drag on jobs and will too costly in the future.

Furthermore,. the reason the Pork Bill did not work as intended because Papa Obama
made big mistake it letting Congress draw it up. A newbee mistake

They may be Democrats; but they are politicians first

Less money applied in the right ways, could have had a dramatic impact

Last edited:
I don't know if air conditioning is really a fair thing to put on the list, but more than one fridge, a big screen tv, and... a jacuzzi?

Sad thing is, I actually know people that do things like this. Married couple, still two kids at home and sometimes three because the oldest is still "finding himself". The work the guy does is kind of cyclical, so he has stretches where he does well and stretches where things are slow. I have talked to them about saving money and they complain that it's hard to do and money is so tight and so on. Then I point out the big screen tv, the motorcycle, the fact that the kids have three different video game systems, etc.

They seemed oblivious to the fact that all those things were luxuries and they were putting want ahead of need. These are good people, common sense just takes a vacation with them from time to time.

So if their apartment or house comes with a jacuzzi, it should be taken out when they lose their job?

To be fair as well

f
Normally 8 months of a fiscal year go into a New President's first calender year

But the Pork Bill was passed in 09 and never of the Bush fiscal year (787 billion) and the additional money passed in Feb of 09 by Congress for 410 billion, as well.

Plus, when they get to the start of their first fiscal year, they are starting at $0 dollars , are they not?

The problem is ALL politicians do not want to make the right or tough decisions.
I do feel it was reckless to pass Obama Care- it wasted time and they should have focused on jobs

Furthermore,. the reason the Pork Bill did not work as intended because Papa Obama

(is it late enough in the evening for you to be tired and nice yet? :D)
IF president bush's last fiscal budget that he turned in to congress was passed for fiscal 2009 with no changes other than adding in the supplementary budget for the wars to it made by congress, it came to a$1.0- $1.3 trillion dollar deficit for 2009. Mainly because we no longer were taking in the projected tax revenues that was in his planned 2009 fiscal budget and about 100-200 billion of the stimulus got posted as used before the fiscal 2009 ending in September.

he projected a 400 billion deficit, but his revenue projection of 2.7 trillion, NEVER CAME to pass....

Sigh. . . some of you are simply mean-spirited assholes, and I will leave your puckering up to you to take care of you.

Some of you, though, have not seen the rural poverty in parts of the Deep South. You see a kid running around in a gunny bag outside of his home, the abandoned bus, and so forth.

May God have pity on you.

I live in the rural Deep South son. There are damned few kids running around in burlap sacks. As a matter of fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a gunny sack anywhere, these days.
But you saw a picture taken in the 30's and think you know the South? ASS!

Then you are an idiot, Ernie, and haven't been out. Gunny sack, flour sack, pillow case with a head and two arm holes cut out. You stupid empty head. You stupid, stupid empty soul. Don't ever tell me what I have or haven't seen, or what is or is not in the South. You stupid, stupid fool. I am ashamed for you. Check the backwater of Hemphill, Sackville on the Mississippi, River Heights on the Angelina. Dozens of places exist through the rural South. You are a fool.

Last edited:
To be fair as well

f

(is it late enough in the evening for you to be tired and nice yet? :D)
IF president bush's last fiscal budget that he turned in to congress was passed for fiscal 2009 with no changes other than adding in the supplementary budget for the wars to it made by congress, it came to a$1.0- $1.3 trillion dollar deficit for 2009. Mainly because we no longer were taking in the projected tax revenues that was in his planned 2009 fiscal budget and about 100-200 billion of the stimulus got posted as used before the fiscal 2009 ending in September.

he projected a 400 billion deficit, but his revenue projection of 2.7 trillion, NEVER CAME to pass....

too funny

Actually , I will be flying out early for a trip

As for the numbers, I trust you but I may have to verify

I do not feel it takes away much from my original points
-----------

In the big picture, we have in our gov't a major systemic issue
Our problems will not be solved with a tax increase here or a spending cut there

Our gov't became lost in their proper role. The gov't should be creating the
ambiance or atmosphere to promote competition in many things as possible

Instead, we have a bloated gov't that has played a role increasing the
crony capitalism we have today.

Any entitlement program we have today should have the politician divorced from
it as much as possible.

Of course, the people sometimes get the gov't they deserve
sadly,

Last edited:
Wall Street ran a $516 TRILLION DOLLAR derivative Ponzi scheme that destroyed the economy.

400 people control HALF the wealth in this country.

And all our problems are because of the poor!

The gov't Ponzi schemes are worse

Three Little Pigs: How Entitlements Will Destroy Us

In the next few years, our major entitlement programs, in particular Social Security and Medicare, will begin to run cash-flow deficits, adding hundreds of billions each year to the debt. In fact, Social Security's total unfunded liabilities top $15.8 trillion, and depending on what accounting measure is used, Medicare's future shortfall could exceed $100 trillion.​

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%.

In the next few years, our major entitlement programs, in particular Social Security and Medicare, will begin to run cash-flow deficits, adding hundreds of billions each year to the debt. In fact, Social Security's total unfunded liabilities top $15.8 trillion, and depending on what accounting measure is used, Medicare's future shortfall could exceed $100 trillion.​

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%.

Listen to yourself my friend.

You want to balance the budget on the backs of the old and the sick.

You are one fucked up individual.

F%cked are your facts, my friend

Does anyone on the Left listen to themselves?

The Left should be ashamed for trying to pit one American against another
in order to gain more power for themselves

Being honest with the American people is not bad.

Telling the people that we can solve everything if we just take from the "rich",
by the Left, is misleading and not true.

Indeed, pointing out the Left's lies is a good thing and
a great service to the country.

F%cked are your facts, my friend

Does anyone on the Left listen to themselves? The Left should be ashamed for trying to pit one American against another in order to gain more power for themselves Being honest with the American people is not bad. Telling the people that we can solve everything if we just take from the "rich", by the Left, is misleading and not true. Indeed, pointing out the Left's lies is a good thing and a great service to the country.

NeoFascist continues to tell the Fascist lies. No one said the way to fix the program was to soak the rich. Everyone, including the left, says spending cuts, big spending cuts, must be made. Some have said that only the "rich" should be taxed more. That I think is wrong; everyone American should be taxed more to share the burden. The proper balance is about 80 to 85% spending cuts and about 15 to 20% revenue to bring some solvency into the situation.

Allowing extreme righty fascists like NeoFascist to pretend they are part of mainstream without intervention would be the actions of bad board members. We are here for you, NeoFascist.

Forum List

Back