How do the "poor" live so well in the US?

Then you are an idiot, Ernie, and haven't been out. Gunny sack, flour sack, pillow case with a head and two arm holes cut out. You stupid empty head. You stupid, stupid empty soul. Don't ever tell me what I have or haven't seen, or what is or is not in the South. You stupid, stupid fool. I am ashamed for you. Check the backwater of Hemphill, Sackville on the Mississippi, River Heights on the Angelina. Dozens of places exist through the rural South. You are a fool.

Jake.... i think you came across a Klan meeting.....:lol:

Sigh. . . some of you are simply mean-spirited assholes, and I will leave your puckering up to you to take care of you.

Some of you, though, have not seen the rural poverty in parts of the Deep South. You see a kid running around in a gunny bag outside of his home, the abandoned bus, and so forth.

May God have pity on you.

I live in the rural Deep South son. There are damned few kids running around in burlap sacks. As a matter of fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a gunny sack anywhere, these days.
But you saw a picture taken in the 30's and think you know the South? ASS!

If that's what they think of the New South, damn! What do they think of Kentucky?

A gunny sack! Now THAT's a hoot! Wonder if anyone on here has ever even heard of Cow Pile Bingo! LOL

cow_pie_bingo.jpg

Last edited:

Because the uber-rich ruling class confiscate money from the not so uber-rich and transfer it to the people they keep enslaved in institutionalized low-income lifestyles.

Can you provide ANY rationale for this?

I can truly understand why the rich keep illegal immigrants down and that is to exploit them for their cheap labor. But why, when they get nothing from the American welfare set, do they keep them "institutionalized in low-income lifestyles" as you put it?

Last edited:
Then you are an idiot, Ernie, and haven't been out. Gunny sack, flour sack, pillow case with a head and two arm holes cut out. You stupid empty head. You stupid, stupid empty soul. Don't ever tell me what I have or haven't seen, or what is or is not in the South. You stupid, stupid fool. I am ashamed for you. Check the backwater of Hemphill, Sackville on the Mississippi, River Heights on the Angelina. Dozens of places exist through the rural South. You are a fool.

Jake.... i think you came across a Klan meeting.....:lol:

OK, Harry, you can make me laugh, that is so,.

But Ernie does not know what he is talking about or he is lying. No other answers exist. If you have seen rural poverty, you know exactly what I am talking about. I guess an abandoned school bus is better than a tent on the river bank.

i wouldn't trade places for anything in the world. The poor don't have it great....their schools are usually crap for their kids due to low property tax revenues, crime is high, kids can't play on the street without taking huge risks of life and death, they truly don't eat well, nutritionally wise, they get charged more at their local walmart for the same goods that an uppity neighborhood walmart charges for those well to do people....i kid you not! I witnessed this myself, at my sister's region in florida....

the things on that list are just things....coveting what your neighbor has is a sin or unethical imo....and this is what it appears the op is doing.

I'd bet there is not a person here who would trade places with the poor....at least not anyone sane!

and yes, there is an argument on how well our safety nets work for the poorest, or how they are set up....but in no way would i begrudge the mother or the father of a poor kid, for getting their child a used video game system for christmas or would i think it was uncalled for, to have a refrigerator, or a second old clunker refrigerator in the garage....for goodness sake!!!!

care

The old, the sick, the poor, these are the enemies of the Republican Party.

There is a special place in hell for Republicans.

i wouldn't trade places for anything in the world. The poor don't have it great....their schools are usually crap for their kids due to low property tax revenues, crime is high, kids can't play on the street without taking huge risks of life and death, they truly don't eat well, nutritionally wise, they get charged more at their local walmart for the same goods that an uppity neighborhood walmart charges for those well to do people....i kid you not! I witnessed this myself, at my sister's region in florida....

the things on that list are just things....coveting what your neighbor has is a sin or unethical imo....and this is what it appears the op is doing.

I'd bet there is not a person here who would trade places with the poor....at least not anyone sane!

and yes, there is an argument on how well our safety nets work for the poorest, or how they are set up....but in no way would i begrudge the mother or the father of a poor kid, for getting their child a used video game system for christmas or would i think it was uncalled for, to have a refrigerator, or a second old clunker refrigerator in the garage....for goodness sake!!!!

care

It just bothers me that the questionaire didn't ask if they owned a yacht, a swimming pool, speed boat, BMW, Corvette, Lotus, diamond earrings, have a maid, five charge cards, etc.

Under President Obama,[/URL] government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency.

GEE REALLY? Is Obama going to spend more on APPLES than Bush spent on ORANGES, too?

When you've got relevant information, get back to us.

"]Under President Obama,[/URL] government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. Indeed, Modern Poverty Includes A.C. and an Xbox

Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

● Lives in a home that is in good repair, not crowded, and equipped with air conditioning, clothes washer and dryer, and cable or satellite TV service.

Well, other than Cable or Satellite, I'm glad that our "poor" live in better conditions than the poor in many other countires. Don't we want to be better? Or is our goal to make sure those poor sonsabiches suffer as much as possible?

● Prepares meals in a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave as well as oven and stove.

Which of these do you find excessive? The $10 coffee maker?

● Enjoys two color TVs, a DVD player, VCR and — if children are there — an Xbox, PlayStation, or other video game system.

Okay, this seems a bit much. One tv is reasonable - even among the poor. Video games? Well I guess you can buy an OLD xbox for $20 so okay.
● Had enough money in the past year to meet essential needs, including adequate food and medical care.​

Would you prefer they didn't?

special_amenities_and_poor_list.jpg

So unless your point is that you want our poor to REALLY suffer, I'm missing it here. I mean, I don't want our poor to enjoy multiple tv's, cable and say a BMW, but for the most part, I don't see anything in your post that seems like anything I would want to deprive any citizen of the USA of.

What would you say is so terribly excessive?

"]Under President Obama,[/URL] government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. Indeed, Modern Poverty Includes A.C. and an Xbox

Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

● Lives in a home that is in good repair, not crowded, and equipped with air conditioning, clothes washer and dryer, and cable or satellite TV service.

Well, other than Cable or Satellite, I'm glad that our "poor" live in better conditions than the poor in many other countires. Don't we want to be better? Or is our goal to make sure those poor sonsabiches suffer as much as possible?

● Prepares meals in a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave as well as oven and stove.

● Enjoys two color TVs, a DVD player, VCR and — if children are there — an Xbox, PlayStation, or other video game system.

Okay, this seems a bit much. One tv is reasonable - even among the poor. Video games? Well I guess you can buy an OLD xbox for $20 so okay.
● Had enough money in the past year to meet essential needs, including adequate food and medical care.​

So unless your point is that you want our poor to REALLY suffer, I'm missing it here. I mean, I don't want our poor to enjoy multiple tv's, cable and say a BMW, but for the most part, I don't see anything in your post that seems like anything I would want to deprive any citizen of the USA of.

The point is that the faux class warfare that the Left loves to use, does not
like it when it is used on them

Furthermore, it is should be obvious that ALL Americans may have areas
that they can "sacrifice" for the gov't.
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
The gov't Ponzi schemes are worse

Three Little Pigs: How Entitlements Will Destroy Us

In the next few years, our major entitlement programs, in particular Social Security and Medicare, will begin to run cash-flow deficits, adding hundreds of billions each year to the debt. In fact, Social Security's total unfunded liabilities top $15.8 trillion, and depending on what accounting measure is used, Medicare's future shortfall could exceed $100 trillion.​

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%.

Listen to yourself my friend.

You want to balance the budget on the backs of the old and the sick.

You are one fucked up individual.

I see since the class warfare is not working, the Left tries scare tactics

sixthsense-i2806.jpg

But don't worry I am sure your "words of wisdom"

will bring out some RINO support
:lol:

Indeed release the RINO Kraken

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture3683-kraken.gif

Last edited:

yea sure they are Chris.....and im sure there is a place down there for assholes like you who like to Stereotype everyone.....if it gets to hot....remember ....your fellow Stereotyper Dean is probably hoarding a bunch of fans....

Political hell exists for the Tea Party fascists, like NeoFascist above, and some of the far right lame stream GOP. It also exists for the far left that believe that reforms can't be made in SS. Don't have time for their junk. Vote against them every chance you get.

You might want to spread that word about. I know a LOT of old people who are dyed in the wool Republicans and wouldn't change even if hell froze over.

The premise of this thread, that the poor live well is in no way connected to reality. I've worked with the people who supposedly live so well, and while they may have things like Xboxes, tattoos, and nine inch nails, they do not live well. They are subject to horrors that the rest of us only read about.

That being said, I will say this, that even though they don't live well, there are levels of bad living just as there are levels of good living. When I was in Beijing I had dinner at a doctor's house. The only difference in his house and that of our project dwellers is that our project dwellers have bathrooms. The doctor's family had their chamber pot on the front porch awaiting pick up by the honey wagon. I learned there that I really should be happier here even though I pay high taxes, I don't pay it all to the government and I can move waaaaaaaaaaay out in the country, live on a lake, and be away from all the human suffering I see every day. That counts for a lot.

Just so. However, American poor live better than Mexican poor, so anyone who think illegals who have birthright children drawing benefits are going to their birthland when they are "home" now, well, that's stupid thinking.,

The point is that the faux class warfare that the Left loves to use, does not
like it when it is used on them

Furthermore, it is should be obvious that ALL Americans may have areas
that they can "sacrifice" for the gov't.
:eusa_angel:

Ah. I'm a business owner and one of those who would pay an extra 2 or 3 points under Obama's tax proposal so i guess I don't really see the class warfare that everyone is always talking about.

Forum List

Back