How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Part of me says the same. I mean, just look at this probe they were sending to the sun. It was Just past a time window where everything was perfect,and they scrubbed the mission. Just doing things in space is costly and very difficult. We have a “space force” already if you count NASA. Now nothing is wrong with working towards a “space force”. Finding out how to quickly and efficiently train people to go to as well as move and fight in space. They can also develop gear for working up there to. This is something you can’t just DO. As it is now “space force” would just be yet another fovrenment organization that does nothing but soak up tax payer money.
I give it as much of a chance as Mexico paying for our wall

We're gonna build a space force and the Romulans are going to pay for it

President Fart

I have a question about space force
When will Puerto Rico have electricity?
only about 14 thousand are still without....

What we really need is team America.

How do you get team America when you have the GREAT Divider in our WH??

President Fart

Mi would roll my eyes and tell you “puff puff pass motherfucker” but I don’t know how to spell it.

President Fart

Mi would roll my eyes and tell you “puff puff pass motherfucker” but I don’t know how to spell it.

Will don't bogart the joint help you out?

President Fart

Will don't bogart the joint help you out?

Blah, only old people say that. Now that I think of it, I need to re-up. I’m out.

President Fart

we have had some pretty good dividers for quite a while now...trump is just another one....

Stupid and costly idea.
John F Kenned called on the nation to look towards the FUTURE and reach for the stars.

The discoveries, the innovations, the advancements in so many areas, and the creations and products that his decision and our taking up the challenge to go to space led to are historic, record-setting, world-changing, and have resulted in hundreds of billions of dollars in commerce in industry...

...and there were short-sighted, unimaginative people just like you who said the exact same words you just did after hearing J F K's words.

As a result of Bill Clinton selling the Chinese U.S. missile tachnology, the Chinese now have the CURRENT capability to destroy orbiting satellites, capable of disrupting commercial and military communications and operations. And that's their CURRENT capability....

Much like JFK, President Trump is looking to the future, not at today's threats and opportunities but those we still face / those yet to come.

The reason we are the greatest nation in the world is because we have had vision, courage, and fearless LEADERS ... Not FOLLOWERS....leaders like Kennedy...and now Trump.

...and we still have short-sighted, unimaginative people who say looking to the future and leading the rest of the world is stupid and a costly idea.
We'll have no choice after this place is uninhabitable.
6KdFogW.jpg

What Dudmuck said.

Just the other day, I was looking at temperatures across the nation, and guess what? It was 101 degrees where I used to grow up at.

I used to live in northern Montana. 101 degrees is about 25 deg. more than I have ever seen it growing up there.

I am aware of the military usefulness of destroying and defending satellites, but are there that many hundreds of thousands of people working on this that it would need to be split off from the Air Force? Eventually it will be, but I don't think we're that far ahead.

You know what I think would be a good idea? Every leader of every nation, when elected, should be taken up into orbit so that they can see we are all together on this planet. Maybe then, people would calm down and start to work together.

I am aware of the military usefulness of destroying and defending satellites, but are there that many hundreds of thousands of people working on this that it would need to be split off from the Air Force? Eventually it will be, but I don't think we're that far ahead.
Agree....there may be an identified threat but nobody has documented what needs to be done

Who will belong to Space Force? Will they be military or NASA types?
How many will actually go to Space? 100 maybe?

How do I feel about Space Force? What Jimmy Kimmel said
Jimmy Kimmel Struggles to Take Trump's Space Force Seriously

Jimmy Kimmel would be the FIRST victim of an attack on our communications satellites. Think he's THOUGHT of that little problem?
I’m sure that keeps him awake nights

It should. Because his job and country depend on protecting that valuable infrastructure in space. If even SOME of the TV/Commercial satellites were taken out, there would be rationing and govt intervention to protect VITAL comm links And Jimmy Kimmel is NOT on the "life-threatening" list. Would be months to YEARS to replace the capacity.

Jimmy Kimmel would be the FIRST victim of an attack on our communications satellites. Think he's THOUGHT of that little problem?

It should. Because his job and country depend on protecting that valuable infrastructure in space. If even SOME of the TV/Commercial satellites were taken out, there would be rationing and govt intervention to protect VITAL comm links And Jimmy Kimmel is NOT on the "life-threatening" list. Would be months to YEARS to replace the capacity.

Who would take them out and why?
China?
Russia?

Our retaliation would be vicious

China?
Russia?

Retaliation would be GROSSLY inhibited if they knew what they were doing. They could take out a spy satellite that we don't even acknowledge we have and we would lose "all eyes" on ground and sea movements or have to chase to reposition the remaining assets from one side of the world to the other.

Or just periodically jam comm links at the most ackward times. Like when the Russians or Chinese "faint" an encounter at sea or on the ground and we can't accurately assess the situation. You're not gonna commit to a nuclear retaliation against a critical one or two hours of jamming. Not for awhile anyway. Might not even tell the public about it.

Best you understand the stakes before you ridicule the idea as Kimmel did.

Last edited:

China?
Russia?

Retaliation would be GROSSLY inhibited if they knew what they were doing. They could take out a spy satellite that we don't even acknowledge we have and we would lose "all eyes" on ground and sea movements or have to chase to reposition the remaining assets from one side of the world to the other.

Or just periodically jam comm links at the most ackward times. Like when the Russians or Chinese "faint" an encounter at sea or on the ground and we can't accurately assess the situation. You're not gonna commit to a nuclear retaliation against a critical one or two hours of jamming. Not for awhile anyway. Might not even tell the public about it.

USSR/Russia has had the ability to take out satellites for 50 years and has never tried. We have the same capability.

What is a Space Force going to do?

Satellite jamming is always possible. Any countermeasures are a function of the satellite, not some space cadet

giphy.gif

China?
Russia?

USSR/Russia has had the ability to take out satellites for 50 years and has never tried. We have the same capability.

What is a Space Force going to do?

Satellite jamming is always possible. Any countermeasures are a function of the satellite, not some space cadet

giphy.gif

Really? We HAVE the capability to "take out" satellites? Russia does also? Not really. Not without exploding nuclear weapons in space which is restricted by Treaty right now.

You folks killed Star Wars SDI plan. Now we have to hit ICBMs with a ROCK before they reach Philly...

Jamming from the ground doesn't work well at all. Not on uplinks. And downlinks are the least important part.

Forum List

Back